Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Cynder should have been.... [CLOSED]
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#1 Posted: 00:38:25 12/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Spyro's sister from the beginning. It would have made (I think) a deeper bond between them and made it less awkward, throughout the rest of the games. But she would not be another purple dragon, she would just be his sister, plain and simple. That, and a new voice actress and new lines, would have made DoTD a bit better.

Comments?

That's my opinion, if you don't like it, Suck It Up.
---
I is ded
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:39:22 12/01/2010 by Dark_Spyro999
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#2 Posted: 01:35:39 12/01/2010
I probably wouldn't have bashed my head against the television as hard if the love relationship was replaced with a sister-brother one.

Saves me brain cells and headaches. I like it much better then the alternative.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3 Posted: 10:07:04 12/01/2010
Quote: Dark_Spyro999
Spyro's sister from the beginning. It would have made (I think) a deeper bond between them and made it less awkward, throughout the rest of the games. But she would not be another purple dragon, she would just be his sister, plain and simple. That, and a new voice actress and new lines, would have made DoTD a bit better.

Comments?

That would have been awesome. I wanted that from like the start. And you know how Spyro said that he saw a familiar look in Cynder's eyes in ANB?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#4 Posted: 16:40:15 12/01/2010
No, it would be do much of a coisidence for the apes to have picked out, of all the eggs in the temple, the one that so happened to be the sibling of the purple Dragon. I dissagree with you on this, but only because it seams very unlikly that they would have been siblings...
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#5 Posted: 16:53:51 12/01/2010
Funny, I had a dream once, ages ago, where Spyro and Cynder where in this moonlit place. It was like the place with those birds in Gateway to Glimmer. Spyro and Cynder were just lying in front of a small fire, then Cynder admitted to him that she was his sister. She had a much better voice actor for the dream too... then there was this part with an abandoned building, and Cynder got stuck behind some stuff and in with a large DotD orc/ANB troll cross thing, it slammesd it's axe down on her, there was nothing too gruesome but... she died, and just when she'd got a nice, suitable voice back too.

Anyway, I think the idea would have suited more in the first two. There was no real romantic bond, or snake chanis holding them together. I sort of prefer the 'I love you' idea though, even though I hate the way it happened in DotD (rubbish acting, and I generally don't think Spyro should have a romance) but in DotD it was more of a 'romantic thing' than a 'sibling thing'.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#6 Posted: 17:48:27 12/01/2010
Yes, that would be great! If anything stops SpyroXCynder I love it.

*Kills SpyroXCynderTards*
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#7 Posted: 20:59:46 12/01/2010
I do support Spyro/Cynder, but I agree DotD didn't really do the 'romance' well.

As for the idea, I can see some fanfiction coming out of that...from both the 'sane' and 'insane' writers... *hides*
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#8 Posted: 21:50:33 12/01/2010
When I first played ANB I thought Cynder was Spyro's mother smilie
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#9 Posted: 21:52:32 12/01/2010
My mom had thought that until Ignitus explained everything.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#10 Posted: 22:59:26 12/01/2010
Oh my god YES! Thank you, someone who agrees! Y'know, it could still work out like that. I mean Cynder's I love you could have been meant like bro-sis love. I know, it's not meant like that now it seems, but it could change. I mean if someone like Ignitus, or another guardian made a passing comment about them being bro and sis everyone would just decide that Cynder meant it as sisterly love. Really, if you think about it, there is plenty of room for the love relation ship to change to a sibling one. All Cynder said was I love you and as I just said that could be interpreted as sisterly; it's not like they kissed. If they had then the love thing would have to stay, unfortunately. If it does turn out that they are bro and sis the fact shouldn't be made into a huge thing, like it is new news to the characters. It should be inseted subtley yet obviously into a speech concerning another topic, as though Spyro, Cynder, and all other seminal characters already knew about it.

For example:

Ignitus: Spyro, Cynder.... I could not have more pride in the two of you. With no training or knowledge of your bloodline, you have both sucessfuly harnessed your ancient and mighty family power passed down through the generations, and with it you defated Malefor. As represented by the idestructable chain Malefor burdened you with, the bond you share as brother and sister is too strong to be overwhelmed by tremendous evil, and kept you together through the most cruel twists of fate, and seemingly insurmountable odds. Malefor tried to use this bond against you. When his apes arrived at the temple and saw your egg gone Spyro, Malefor through some twisted magic told them from his prison to steal Cynder's egg instead. Malefor sought to corrupt your sister, knowing that fate could never keep the two of you apart, and by corrupting Cynder you as her brother would be tainted as well. Tainting this entier generation of your family would make you both vulnerable to his dark ways. He knew that Once Cynder became his monster it would only be a matter of time before your destiny would bring you to me so I could teach you of your legacy and begin your training. He knew that once you rescued Cynder the bond of your shared bloodline would force you to remain with her at all costs, and that in time you would eventually fall right into his claws.

I know, not great but you see how it could work. Also, imagine a flashback to the temple in ANB, in which Cynder's egg is separate from Spyro's egg and all the others, but on an ornate,cushioned pedastle decorated with the same markings which were near Spyro's egg.

Of course it will be new to the gamers, but if it is new to Spyro and Cynder then it will be extremely wrong, becausethat would mean that Cynder had unknowingly told her brother that she loved him like a boyfriend.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#11 Posted: 23:53:07 12/01/2010
If she had been his sister, the games probably wouldn't have ended up being so derivative and she probably would've been a more interesting, stronger female character. But they set it up in ANB that she was his love interest, which would have made things really disgusting by DotD.
#12 Posted: 23:58:50 12/01/2010
[quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=26055&post=1404041]NEW_SpyroLUVA[/url]]Oh my god YES! Thank you, someone who agrees! Y'know, it could still work out like that. I mean Cynder's I love you could have been meant like bro-sis love. I know, it's not meant like that now it seems, but it could change. I mean if someone like Ignitus, or another guardian made a passing comment about them being bro and sis everyone would just decide that Cynder meant it as sisterly love. Really, if you think about it, there is plenty of room for the love relation ship to change to a sibling one. All Cynder said was I love you and as I just said that could be interpreted as sisterly; it's not like they kissed. If they had then the love thing would have to stay, unfortunately. If it does turn out that they are bro and sis the fact shouldn't be made into a huge thing, like it is new news to the characters. It should be inseted subtley yet obviously into a speech concerning another topic, as though Spyro, Cynder, and all other seminal characters already knew about it.

For example:

[b]Ignitus: Spyro, Cynder.... I could not have more pride in the two of you. With no training or knowledge of your bloodline, you have both sucessfuly harnessed your ancient and mighty family power passed down through the generations, and with it you defated Malefor. As represented by the idestructable chain Malefor burdened you with, the bond you share as brother and sister is too strong to be overwhelmed by tremendous evil, and kept you together through the most cruel twists of fate, and seemingly insurmountable odds. Malefor tried to use this bond against you. When his apes arrived at the temple and saw your egg gone Spyro, Malefor through some twisted magic told them from his prison to steal Cynder's egg instead. Malefor sought to corrupt your sister, knowing that fate could never keep the two of you apart, and by corrupting Cynder you as her brother would be tainted as well. Tainting this entier generation of your family would make you both vulnerable to his dark ways. He knew that Once Cynder became his monster it would only be a matter of time before your destiny would bring you to me so I could teach you of your legacy and begin your training. He knew that once you rescued Cynder the bond of your shared bloodline would force you to remain with her at all costs, and that in time you would eventually fall right into his claws.[b/]

I know, not great but you see how it could work. Also, imagine a flashback to the temple in ANB, in which Cynder's egg is separate from Spyro's egg and all the others, but on an ornate,cushioned pedastle decorated with the same markings which were near Spyro's egg.

Of course it will be new to the gamers, but if it is new to Spyro andProxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

ynder then it will be [b]extremely[/b] wrong, becausethat would mean that Cynder had unknowingly told her brother that she loved him like a boyfriend.[/quote]

Yes, th
---
I draw stuff.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#13 Posted: 00:12:43 13/01/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Oh my god YES! Thank you, someone who agrees! Y'know, it could still work out like that. I mean Cynder's I love you could have been meant like bro-sis love. I know, it's not meant like that now it seems, but it could change. I mean if someone like Ignitus, or another guardian made a passing comment about them being bro and sis everyone would just decide that Cynder meant it as sisterly love. Really, if you think about it, there is plenty of room for the love relation ship to change to a sibling one. All Cynder said was I love you and as I just said that could be interpreted as sisterly; it's not like they kissed. If they had then the love thing would have to stay, unfortunately. If it does turn out that they are bro and sis the fact shouldn't be made into a huge thing, like it is new news to the characters. It should be inseted subtley yet obviously into a speech concerning another topic, as though Spyro, Cynder, and all other seminal characters already knew about it.

For example:

Ignitus: Spyro, Cynder.... I could not have more pride in the two of you. With no training or knowledge of your bloodline, you have both sucessfuly harnessed your ancient and mighty family power passed down through the generations, and with it you defated Malefor. As represented by the idestructable chain Malefor burdened you with, the bond you share as brother and sister is too strong to be overwhelmed by tremendous evil, and kept you together through the most cruel twists of fate, and seemingly insurmountable odds. Malefor tried to use this bond against you. When his apes arrived at the temple and saw your egg gone Spyro, Malefor through some twisted magic told them from his prison to steal Cynder's egg instead. Malefor sought to corrupt your sister, knowing that fate could never keep the two of you apart, and by corrupting Cynder you as her brother would be tainted as well. Tainting this entier generation of your family would make you both vulnerable to his dark ways. He knew that Once Cynder became his monster it would only be a matter of time before your destiny would bring you to me so I could teach you of your legacy and begin your training. He knew that once you rescued Cynder the bond of your shared bloodline would force you to remain with her at all costs, and that in time you would eventually fall right into his claws.

Of course it will be new to the gamers, but if it is new to Spyro and Cynder then it will be extremely wrong, becausethat would mean that Cynder had unknowingly told her brother that she loved him like a boyfriend.

Yep. :3

We need them to be brother and sister! and ignitus is there father-in-law
#14 Posted: 00:16:35 13/01/2010
They soooooooo need to be bro & sis!!
---
I draw stuff.
#15 Posted: 00:19:55 13/01/2010
imagine how funny it would be if ignitus was acctually there dad /: smilie smilie
#16 Posted: 00:21:25 13/01/2010
That would be soooooo wired!
---
I draw stuff.
#17 Posted: 00:27:05 13/01/2010
yeah the new chronicler would be their dad smilie
#18 Posted: 00:29:35 13/01/2010
I know!! smilie
---
I draw stuff.
#19 Posted: 00:32:38 13/01/2010
smilie and smilie would have a free libary smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:32:57 13/01/2010 by GamingMaster_76
#20 Posted: 00:33:29 13/01/2010
Yeah, the would, all about the Dragon Race!!
---
I draw stuff.
#21 Posted: 00:34:56 13/01/2010
yeah! theyd be bored outta there... umm... wings? smilie
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#22 Posted: 02:42:46 13/01/2010
As long as they have a story that makes sense I'm fine.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:43:40 13/01/2010 by wspyro
#23 Posted: 21:24:59 13/01/2010
Whatever hapens, the love needs to either end, change into something else, or it needs to be improved upon without it taking over the whole game.
---
#24 Posted: 21:36:41 13/01/2010
Yep, I don't really like the Spyro & Cynder love thing much...
---
I draw stuff.
SpyroLovr Blue Sparx Gems: 591
#25 Posted: 23:21:09 13/01/2010
spyro was funny in the last two games but in dotd he lost that and is all serious
---
Do you like waffles? Yer we like waffles! Do you like pancakes? Yer we like pancakes! Do you like French toast? Yer we like french toast!
#26 Posted: 23:28:52 13/01/2010
in my fanfic there sister and brother they should just be bro and sis. period.
#27 Posted: 23:38:37 13/01/2010
Quote: SpyroLovr
spyro was funny in the last two games but in dotd he lost that and is all serious

Exactly!
---
I draw stuff.
#28 Posted: 23:42:17 13/01/2010
Quote: Bolt
Quote: SpyroLovr

Exactly!

agree *shot*

at least in ANB & TEN he was cute. he looks sorta scary in DoTD D:
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#29 Posted: 00:41:49 14/01/2010
Well, would you be joking around knowing everyone could die, your friends, family and the world would be lost to darkness if you didnt defeat Malefor?
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
#30 Posted: 00:45:21 14/01/2010
But at first, in the Dragon City and before, He didn't know that the World will be destroyed, did he?!
---
I draw stuff.
#31 Posted: 00:48:42 14/01/2010
acctually he did smilie but he could at least LOOK cute :s oh welll might as well drop this. complaining will just make him even less fun smilie
#32 Posted: 00:50:11 14/01/2010
He didn't, they found out when Malefor sent the Destroyer out of the volcano... smilie
---
I draw stuff.
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#33 Posted: 02:03:29 14/01/2010
Getting back on topic to add in my opinion -
I find sibling bonds in games rather cute, actually. Unless, you know, the siblings are psychopathic freaks -no names, of course 83-
And to have the apes PLAN to take The Purple Dragon's sibling would've also been a nice plot addition.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#34 Posted: 02:09:59 14/01/2010
Yes, it would've...
---
I draw stuff.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#35 Posted: 02:38:21 14/01/2010
Brother/Sister love? I would definitely like the game a bit better, then.
#36 Posted: 02:45:16 14/01/2010
Same...
---
I draw stuff.
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#37 Posted: 03:08:18 14/01/2010
Quote:

I wish I could say that for my SpyroxElora opion.

I really kind of like SpyroxCynder, I would really find it hard to imagine siblings that close.
#38 Posted: 03:17:13 14/01/2010
You are right, but still...
---
I draw stuff.
#39 Posted: 07:03:23 14/01/2010
Quote: ignitusforever
Quote:

I wish I could say that for my SpyroxElora opion.

I really kind of like SpyroxCynder, I would really find it hard to imagine siblings that close.

I can name some siblings who are that close in movies, games, and books.
---
#40 Posted: 21:52:13 14/01/2010
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
Getting back on topic to add in my opinion -
I find sibling bonds in games rather cute, actually. Unless, you know, the siblings are psychopathic freaks -no names, of course 83-
And to have the apes PLAN to take The Purple Dragon's sibling would've also been a nice plot addition.

Thanks, I think so too. That Idea was all my own, BTW.

As for Spyro's Looks/humor, it all went down the crapper once LOS started. Spyro looks ugly and deformed and his completely mopey and serious. My opinion, don't like it? Tough!
---
Cynder13 Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#41 Posted: 23:45:47 06/02/2010
Technically they are. They came from the same batch of eggs and probaly had the same mother
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#42 Posted: 23:59:25 06/02/2010
No they're not siblings. Sierra long confirmed that after ANB.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:05:25 07/02/2010 by Aura24
#43 Posted: 07:49:38 07/02/2010
It would be cliche, but not as much as what it ended up being.
---
SwiftWing Green Sparx Gems: 390
#44 Posted: 21:23:09 15/02/2010
hehe... i've got a brother, and when i read the topic i sort of thought "would they be that close if they were brother and sister?" you've seen spyro and sparx argue in ANB, and i can tell you, its not always fun (in fact, its hardly ever fun) smilie
---
smilie : hey once, i switched to my earth element, i found a guitar, and i ROCKED!!!, get it?
smilie : smilie
furyspyro101 Red Sparx Gems: 41
#45 Posted: 20:12:44 05/06/2010
all u are wrong if cinder was spyros sister they wound not be in love
---
sos i havent been on this foer a wile
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#46 Posted: 20:25:30 05/06/2010
Quote: furyspyro101
all u are wrong if cinder was spyros sister they wound not be in love

There are series out there where brother and sister are in love, ya know.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#47 Posted: 20:29:31 05/06/2010
but they cant get marred

P.S i know its only a game but i take spyro very seriously
---
#48 Posted: 20:34:15 05/06/2010
but they cant get marred

P.S i know its only a game but i take spyro very seriously

Not all creatures in life get married in the first place.

Anyway, I agree, Cynder should have been his sister.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#49 Posted: 20:46:51 05/06/2010
but dragon can get marred
---
#50 Posted: 22:01:25 05/06/2010
but dragon can get marred

No one truly knows anything about dragons. In fact, I don't think they did in reality.

Marriage in these kind of games annoy me anyway.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me