Page 1 of 1
Amaze did it... again... [CLOSED]
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#1 Posted: 02:49:02 24/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Aside from the idiotic Spyro/Cynder are siblings mistake, Amaze ONCE AGAIN screws up. This time in the form of Skabb somehow being educated enough to ACTUALLY SPEAK LINES OF DIALOG!

Don't believe me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QThzJ3jd6E

It's SUPER EARLY in the video. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#2 Posted: 03:22:01 24/11/2007
Tried to watch it, but it kept freezing, but that's just crazy!
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#3 Posted: 03:29:15 24/11/2007
Yeah ; in the GBA version, Skabb actually does speak unlike the console version where Skabb can't speak and need his parrots to translate his gibberish.

Dunno why I didn't mention that one... after all, Skabb is a pretty major villain in the game (not as much as, say, Gaul but he's still important to the plot).
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#4 Posted: 04:10:27 24/11/2007
Wthat other mistakes could be in there????
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
Nayamou Green Sparx Gems: 310
#5 Posted: 09:18:06 24/11/2007
There are a LOT more. I'll post some when I beat it again...just gimmie a coupla hours. xD
#6 Posted: 15:10:18 24/11/2007
Actually, as far as actual mistakes go, I believe those are the two actual ones. The other differences could be counter as plot differences... but well, here goes:

-The Guardians already know where the Chronicler is and sends Spyro through the Ancient Grove because it's the fastest path to the Celestial Temple
-speaking of the Celestial Temple... it's located in mountains to the north rather than on a separate island.
-The Temple of Souls was King Gaul's fortress from the very beginning
-The Scavengers are out to get a certain Naga ; Arborick doesn't exist.
-Skabb doesn't act as the host for the arena fights ; a regular pirate does.
-You do get to see Skabb's right-hand man... who is promptly killed by the Advisor
-The Advisor, Gaul's second-in-command, is exclusive to the GBA version.
-The Assassin and Scurvywings are nowhere to be seen. No big loss actually... in my opinion.
-Ignitus was captured by the Scavengers, not Cynder.
-Cynder was not captured by Gaul and neither do Gaul show her any aggressivity ; Cynder swapped sides (more or less) willingly and Gaul consider her an ally (he's actually surprised at the end when she "betray" him).
-The Chronicler doesn't test Spyro before allowing him inside his chamber when he do reach the Celestial Temple...
-... but it's still a very difficult stage since Gaul conveniently invaded the temple beforehand.
-Dark Master Spyro in the GBA version is more powerful by a huge margin... why does it matter, plot-wise? Well, not only does Dark Master Spyro kill Gaul but he also kill all of his army on his own (in the console version, he only kill Gaul).

I probably forgot a few of them but well, I think that's most of the differences... the major ones, at least.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#7 Posted: 15:18:54 24/11/2007
yeah, i heard somewhere that Cynder wanted to be the DM 'favorite' or something in the GBA version
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#8 Posted: 15:31:34 24/11/2007
Actually...

Cynder, in the GBA version, is actually loyal to the Dark Master due to her tainted nature... although she choose Spyro over the Dark Master ultimately, helping Spyro bring his dark powers under control at the end (much like the console version).

The big change? She is genuinely loyal to the Dark Master on the GBA version (which in a way, make her final choice a bit more dramatic as her loyalty is not based solely on the Dark Master's powers)... that and it's revealed that although Gaul might like her, she doesn't return the favor ; she despise him and wants to kill him more than anything else.
Last edited at 15:32:30 24/11/2007 by Zerodius
#9 Posted: 17:12:13 24/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Yes... I believe you chose that type of Cynder in the fic you wrote. <.<;
---
Anonymous Fodder
#10 Posted: 17:46:57 24/11/2007
Quote: HIR
Aside from the idiotic Spyro/Cynder are siblings mistake, Amaze ONCE AGAIN screws up.

Who told you that's a mistake? As far as I know, nobody said Spyro and Cynder AREN'T siblings.
And by the way, I don't think Amaze was the one which screwed up this time. TeN for the GBA was a lot better than the Ps2/Wii ones, and I think everyone aside from rabid fanboys could agree with me on that.

Quote:
This time in the form of Skabb somehow being educated enough to ACTUALLY SPEAK LINES OF DIALOG!

This obviously isn't a mistake. The way the GBA version is made, adding the two parrots (sorry, forgot their name) to the game would have been quite useless, because, if I remember correctly, the only time you actually get to see Skabb is during his boss fight.
#11 Posted: 19:26:05 24/11/2007
To Annonymous:

It has been CONFIRMED that they are not siblings. Get your facts straight.

Oh and... although I agree that the GBA version is superior in many way (Hard mode, enemy AI, boss fights), the actual levels (where you spend most of your time) are way better in the Wii version (notably ; the second part of stage 3 (Scavengers' Airship Fleet) is so much better. The final stage (Mountain of Malefor) is infinitely better on the Wii too and not only because the GBA version's is just the last bosses). Finally, graphically, musically, and story-wise, the Wii got some extra, better details (namely, the past of the characters is better explained)... although story-wise, Gaul is better developed on the GBA.

Overall, I think that the Wii one is the superior one... although the GBA is a very close second. My opinion? Get both.
#12 Posted: 21:59:03 24/11/2007 | Topic Creator
And do Hard Mode! Much worth it! ^.^
---
Anonymous Fodder
#13 Posted: 22:06:38 24/11/2007
Quote: Zerodius
To Annonymous:

It has been CONFIRMED that they are not siblings. Get your facts
straight.

Argh, I guess I should lurk some more before posting. Where did they say that?

Quote:

Oh and... although I agree that the GBA version is superior in many way (Hard mode, enemy AI, boss fights), the actual levels (where you spend most of your time) are way better in the Wii version (notably ; the second part of stage 3 (Scavengers' Airship Fleet) is so much better. The final stage (Mountain of Malefor) is infinitely better on the Wii too and not only because the GBA version's is just the last bosses). Finally, graphically, musically, and story-wise, the Wii got some extra, better details (namely, the past of the characters is better explained)... although story-wise, Gaul is better developed on the GBA.

Overall, I think that the Wii one is the superior one... although the GBA is a very close second.

I gotta disagree with that. While I admire the work done on A New Beginning, I can't help but think The Eternal Night was basically the same game with different places, moves and storyline. I mean, every single enemy, and some of the bosses too, are taken directly from ANB. Even some of the tracks are taken from ANB. The lack of polish is another big problem which ANB didn't have: there are lots of glitches, from the "lolwut" ones to the "oh **** now i have to reset" ones, and some illogical things (for example, Arborick could punch through solid ground, like it didn't exist).
GBA TeN, on the other hand, is really one of the best games on the GBA, and I'm not saying that because I'm a Spyro fan. It really is a wonderful game, and almost everyone who has played it will say the same.
Obviously, the console versions still have a better story, but that's because there are lots of looong cutscenes and voice acting.

That's not to say I didn't like the console version of TeN, because I had a lot of fun with it, but to me it doesn't seem like they have put much effort into it. The GBA version, on the other hand, is made of win and awesome.
#14 Posted: 22:10:44 24/11/2007 | Topic Creator
The Wii did away with the glitches. Trust me... I've tried everyone.

Also, you sound like Crashpro. *is suspicious*
---
#15 Posted: 12:20:03 25/11/2007
plus, i hardly saw any glitches in my ps2 game, it didn't freeze up at all.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
not crashpro Fodder
#16 Posted: 12:28:46 25/11/2007
The Wii did away with the glitches. Trust me... I've tried everyone.

Well, I'm happy for you. The PS2 version was a glitchfest: enemies who died in one hit for no reason at all (I'm looking at you, stupid Magma Worm ripoff!), places you could get stuck into (for example, the edges of the first pirate ship in Deep Grove), and a lot of weird glitches (I managed to start the first Skabb boss fight without even entering his room - triggering a cutscene with weird camera angles and no Spyro/Sparx, and fighting him from the floor above).
#17 Posted: 12:30:01 25/11/2007
well i don't know what you got, but none of that has ever happened to me b 4
---
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#18 Posted: 21:41:18 25/11/2007
Additionally, anyone who calls themselves "not crashpro" is only just making them more of a target to believe that they are. smilie Sorry for my butting in, but it must be pointed out.
#19 Posted: 22:49:55 25/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Indeed. *is more suspicious*

The THINGS you're pointing out are some of the same things he pointed out. >.>
---
orphsarc ton Fodder
#20 Posted: 15:20:45 26/11/2007
Are you saying this because of my broken English? You know, I'm not the only one on these boards to make some grammatical mistakes...or am I?
#21 Posted: 18:50:55 26/11/2007
No, your punctuation (and english) are very similar. Plus you even went as far as to type "not crashpro" backwards. That proves you ARE Crashpro. Did you actually get a ban for disagreeing with peoples' POV on TEN or something?
#22 Posted: 02:53:26 27/11/2007 | Topic Creator
There's one way of finding out...

...IP Address. But no one can see that (except maybe dark)
---
proton crash Fodder
#23 Posted: 14:38:20 27/11/2007
Quote: Rexy
No, your punctuation (and english) are very similar. Plus you even went as far as to type "not crashpro" backwards. That proves you ARE Crashpro.

It really does.

Quote:
Did you actually get a ban for disagreeing with peoples' POV on TEN or something?

Yeah, you're totally right. I called TeN an "average game" and got banned seconds later.

There's one way of finding out...

...IP Address. But no one can see that (except maybe dark)

That would be a good idea. No objections here.
#24 Posted: 16:36:56 27/11/2007
Don't lie to me. You posted on the Broken Soul thread last night, on your original username. Your cowardice after stating your opinions on TEN whether good or bad states that you never meant to give it such props anyway and you were only dissing it just to look good for the Crash Bandicoot community.
Last edited at 16:39:11 27/11/2007 by Rexy
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#25 Posted: 17:32:12 27/11/2007
As far as I can tell, he's not crashpro.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Anonymous Fodder
#26 Posted: 18:17:11 27/11/2007
Don't lie to me. You posted on the Broken Soul thread last night, on your original username. Your cowardice after stating your opinions on TEN whether good or bad states that you never meant to give it such props anyway and you were only dissing it just to look good for the Crash Bandicoot community.

Ho, ho, ho. You assumed I was crashpro without even having proof, and now you're basically insulting me? Fine, believe what you want, after all if I post anonymously it's because I'm not interested in what other people think of me.
Nooow, let's try and get back on topic, shall we?
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#27 Posted: 20:59:28 27/11/2007
Reveal yourself traitor!
Lol
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
#28 Posted: 00:34:54 28/11/2007
If you post "anonymously" and use names that are variants on the crashpro name, then that still tells me that something is up. Don't you have the curtesy to sign up after several anonymous posts, like most of us do?
Gamer Fodder
#29 Posted: 06:33:13 29/11/2007
Just so you know guys, GBA or handheld versions of games are usually completed long before console versions of the same game are done most of the time. Because of this, things aren't always the same. It's not really "mistakes" as that may have been the way things were at the time the handheld game was finished and then changed later for some reason during the console game development.
V Green Sparx Gems: 124
#30 Posted: 06:36:04 29/11/2007

The Crash Bandicoot community is pleased with the dissing of Spyro? That makes me sad, being a fan of both.
---
This is a forum. Not a stupid chatroom. So... USE PROPER SPELLING AND GRAMMAR. Is it that hard to type out your **** words?
#31 Posted: 12:58:35 29/11/2007
Well, considering that the GBA version was completed long before the first console screenshots were even revealed, that could be something to consider. smilie

And yeah, I too am a big Crash fan (are you crashspyro150 at Youtube? You should pretty much know that if you are), but at Crash Mania I saw people pleading that Radical Entertainment should make a Spyro racing game to some degree (it's not going to work!) and should also take over the series when Krome were done, a good selection of these showing dislike over the Legend-arc movement. Heck, hpzr doesn't even like Ripto's Rage much @_@
Last edited at 13:00:21 29/11/2007 by Rexy
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me