Page 1 of 1
Opinions on this game *SPOILERS* [CLOSED]
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#1 Posted: 23:44:16 21/11/2007 | Topic Creator
All of your opinions and what you think of this game go onto here!! You can also post what you think they should have or should not have in this game, and you can post pics of this game and post your fav story lines here!!smilie Here's my opinion of this game: It's too short also, it has the exact same graphics as ANB, it has awesome breath abilities and those abilities that you use triangle with (in PS2 version), I think Cynder had more parts in this game, but needs to give her more lines and parts, LOOOOOOVE the Chronicler, should make the game longer, should make the game harder (cuz I like challenging games, not sure why), and I like Sparx's voice better on this game played by Billy West more than David Spade on ANB, and I like the story lines that they gave Sparx. So I loved this game, but I would like it a lot better if they made it more challenging and more longer.
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#2 Posted: 00:11:55 22/11/2007
they should have had Spyro confess his love for Cynder at the end of it!!!
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#3 Posted: 00:29:44 22/11/2007 | Topic Creator
*Sigh* So many things about Spyro and Cynder being together... smilie
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 01:13:38 22/11/2007
e_e
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#5 Posted: 01:36:35 22/11/2007
hey!! they ain't siblings!! so they can get together if they want!!!
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Frisby Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#6 Posted: 02:19:09 22/11/2007
Quote: Dragongyrl1000
All of your opinions and what you think of this game go onto here!! You can also post what you think they should have or should not have in this game, and you can post pics of this game and post your fav story lines here!!smilie Here's my opinion of this game: It's too short also, it has the exact same graphics as ANB, it has awesome breath abilities and those abilities that you use triangle with (in PS2 version), I think Cynder had more parts in this game, but needs to give her more lines and parts, LOOOOOOVE the Chronicler, should make the game longer, should make the game harder (cuz I like challenging games, not sure why), and I like Sparx's voice better on this game played by Billy West more than David Spade on ANB, and I like the story lines that they gave Sparx. So I loved this game, but I would like it a lot better if they made it more challenging and more longer.

everything u said is exatly wat i was thinking. I thought they said the game is longer but it realy wasnt. wne i got to the end i was like o please dont let that be the end. lol but it wassmilie.
anyways it would be cool if they had some flying levels as well, i was looking forward to that. hopefuly in part 3 they will. but i enjoyed it. Had a really good story, and the ending was good too, left the suspence.
---
☼Everyone chooses a hero... I'm happy I chose Spyro☼
#7 Posted: 02:26:26 22/11/2007
Quote: SpyroxCynder

simer down there. lol smilie
---
#8 Posted: 02:28:55 22/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Quote: Frisby
Quote: Dragongyrl1000

everything u said is exatly wat i was thinking. I thought they said the game is longer but it realy wasnt. wne i got to the end i was like o please dont let that be the end. lol but it wassmilie.
anyways it would be cool if they had some flying levels as well, i was looking forward to that. hopefuly in part 3 they will. but i enjoyed it. Had a really good story, and the ending was good too, left the suspence.

Really? Wow! You are now considered as my best friend! LOL! Just kidding! smilie But yes, you're my friend. smilie
---
#9 Posted: 02:45:23 22/11/2007
yeay!! thaks i feel loved! LOL JK smilie
yeah who ever has a huge conversation with me is always my friend. Also everyone here is cool. smilie
---
#10 Posted: 02:55:01 22/11/2007
Quote: SpyroxCynder

At least wait for the third game before you rant about it everywhere!
---
#11 Posted: 11:10:46 22/11/2007
okay, but if they turn out to be siblings, i'll be so bleepin mad!!!
---
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#12 Posted: 13:37:13 22/11/2007
Me too!
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
#13 Posted: 23:33:44 22/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Oh, geez. I wouldn't like that too much...
---
#14 Posted: 23:36:28 22/11/2007
espesically ME!
---
#15 Posted: 00:52:50 23/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Yes, I know. That's why I said that I wouldn't like that too much cuz I don't like it when friends of mine are mad...
---
#16 Posted: 01:52:35 23/11/2007
If they're siblings... then that would be a heavy cliché. <.<;
---
#17 Posted: 02:05:14 23/11/2007
yeah! and also if they were to be siblings, then they should have told us from the onset!
---
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#18 Posted: 22:54:16 25/11/2007
About the sibling thing with Spyro and Cynder: Just because both their eggs were produced on the same Year of the Dragon doesn't mean they're related. They could most difinitly have different parents.

Anyways:

THE CONS:
- In ANB, Spyro's attacks, both melee and breath, were quite powerfull. In TEN, Spyro seems much weaker. I don't see any reasonable answer to that since his elemental abilities were re-awakened and his melee attacks were always there.

- The Chronicler had an amazing voice that fit his character perfectly, except for the apperence. I was expecting to see this magnificent dragon that was at least twice the size of the gaurdians (especially if he was at least 1,000 years old). Instead, I saw this gray-ish/dark white-ish dragon. But what really got me with the Chronicler was that he had FUR. I just don't expect for any dragon to have fur.

- Nothing was wrong with Cynder's character, but in game play and cut scenes, Cynder will sometimes have the rips on her wings, and at other times, won't. I also don't like that the Elemental Dragon was MODLED and programed like Cynder in ANB.

- The Earth breath attack isn't very usefull to me; neither is the Electric Spin move. The only time those two are is when you've got lots of green magic gems around you or when there's a big green gem that gives the little ones to you.

- Billy West just doesn't seem to fit Sparx enough with me as David Spade did. I just hope they don't give Sparx ANOTHER voice actor in the 3rd game.

THE PROS:
- The new Fury attacks are much more powerful than they were in ANB, which me likey. In ANB, they only killed the little guys.

- Ice and Electric breath are much better compared to ANB. I also like the homing fireballs that are upgradeable for the Fire breath.

- The special part of the breaths are quite useful; the only one I'm not too crazy about is for Earth breath because the whirlwind in ANB trapped your enemies and often killed them off. smilie

- The dragon relics are nice things to look around for. So are the writer's quills.

Oh, and Dragongyrl1000, they DID make this game in about a year, so I'm not surprised they took some animations and levels from ANB and either used them (with or without any editing) or heavily edited them.
#19 Posted: 23:07:56 25/11/2007
Quote: Shrazer320
THE CONS:
- In ANB, Spyro's attacks, both melee and breath, were quite powerfull. In TEN, Spyro seems much weaker. I don't see any reasonable answer to that since his elemental abilities were re-awakened and his melee attacks were always there.

Completely untrue. It takes the same amount of hits to kill an enemy as it did before.

Quote:
- The Chronicler had an amazing voice that fit his character perfectly, except for the apperence. I was expecting to see this magnificent dragon that was at least twice the size of the gaurdians (especially if he was at least 1,000 years old). Instead, I saw this gray-ish/dark white-ish dragon. But what really got me with the Chronicler was that he had FUR. I just don't expect for any dragon to have fur.

Can't argue with that.

Quote:
- Nothing was wrong with Cynder's character, but in game play and cut scenes, Cynder will sometimes have the rips on her wings, and at other times, won't. I also don't like that the Elemental Dragon was MODLED and programed like Cynder in ANB.

This did not occur in the Wii Version. Also, BUY THE GBA GAME IF YOU HATE UN-ORIGINAL BOSSES! Instead of the Elemental Dragon, you fight the awesome ninja, The Advisor.

Quote:
- The Earth breath attack isn't very usefull to me; neither is the Electric Spin move. The only time those two are is when you've got lots of green magic gems around you or when there's a big green gem that gives the little ones to you.

You, my friend, have not experienced the awesomeness that is the Air Melee/Earth Pound/Ground Melee with a Knock Up/Air Melee/Repeat Hax that can take out even the Commanders with ease.

Quote:
- Billy West just doesn't seem to fit Sparx enough with me as David Spade did. I just hope they don't give Sparx ANOTHER voice actor in the 3rd game.

Billy West did a fantastic job! Better than Spade!
---
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#20 Posted: 02:55:49 26/11/2007
Billy West did do a better job than Spade, he sounds like he actually enjoys the role or at least doesn't hate it. I also pictured a much grander dragon than the dragon-dog that is The Chronicler. I actually would like it if they re-moddled him for the third TLoS game. All the breaths are pretty kool, certain breaths only become useless if you don't develop a strategy for their best use, of course you can't help but choose favourites and mine are lighting and ice. Oh, and my biggest problem with this game, WAY too short and a little too cliche'.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#21 Posted: 06:05:29 26/11/2007
Quote: HIR
Completely untrue. It takes the same amount of hits to kill an enemy as it did before.

Really? It REALLY didn't seem like it to me.

Quote:
Can't argue with that.

Oh, good, I'm not alone on that. smilie

Quote:
This did not occur in the Wii Version. Also, BUY THE GBA GAME IF YOU HATE UN-ORIGINAL BOSSES! Instead of the Elemental Dragon, you fight the awesome ninja, The Advisor.

Interesting that they took that much care for the Wii version, but not enough to make all the versions close to each other.

Quote:
You, my friend, have not experienced the awesomeness that is the Air Melee/Earth Pound/Ground Melee with a Knock Up/Air Melee/Repeat Hax that can take out even the Commanders with ease.

I ment the Earth.. summon.. the chain and ball attack that's square on the PS2.

Quote:
Billy West did a fantastic job! Better than Spade!

I'm not saying he did a bad job, just that Spade seems to have fit Sparx better for me.

Quote: Twilight
Billy West did do a better job than Spade, he sounds like he actually enjoys the role or at least doesn't hate it. I also pictured a much grander dragon than the dragon-dog that is The Chronicler. I actually would like it if they re-moddled him for the third TLoS game. All the breaths are pretty kool, certain breaths only become useless if you don't develop a strategy for their best use, of course you can't help but choose favourites and mine are lighting and ice. Oh, and my biggest problem with this game, WAY too short and a little too cliche'.

Well, it's all opinions with voice actors.

Dragon-dog? smilie Okay then. I'd like to see him remodled as well, even if it would be kind of strange for that. And yeah, there're strategies for all the breaths (though I can't find the Earth one). But that's kinda odd how we favor the same breaths. After beating the game a second time, I noticed it was a little short, but what was cliche in the game? (I'm completly blind when I'm playing video games or something.)
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#22 Posted: 16:54:05 26/11/2007
I thought the TeN was alright!
It seemed longer than AnB but only because it was harder
zephyr Fodder
#23 Posted: 23:44:09 08/01/2008
well spyro and cynder are siblings because they both came from the same brood of eggs. in other words they have the same mother
SD-King Yellow Sparx Gems: 1082
#24 Posted: 00:18:36 09/01/2008
EASY!
---
I'm turning 12 on July the 9th.By then I will officially retire,and may never return to darkSpyro.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#25 Posted: 00:37:39 09/01/2008
Quote: zephyr
well spyro and cynder are siblings because they both came from the same brood of eggs. in other words they have the same mother

Quote: Chris Wilson

Hi Everyone,

I am part of The Legend of Spyro production team here at Sierra and I noticed that there was some question as to whether Spyro and Cynder were meant to be siblings and the answer is 'no'. If in any of the Eternal Night releases it suggests that they are related, it was an oversight and purely unintentional. Though Spyro and Cynder were both born in the Year of the Dragon and are from the same batch of eggs, they are not meant to be brother and sister. I aplogize if there was any confusion on this matter and I hope that you are all enjoying the latest entry in the series. We do read your comments and we really appreciate all of your feedback and dedication. Happy gaming!

Best,

Chris Wilson

Source: http://forums.vgames.com/messa...D=609164#609164

Chris Wilson is the creative director for the game.
Last edited at 01:13:11 09/01/2008 by Gwenio
#26 Posted: 01:50:10 09/01/2008
You two posted those same three posts in the same three topics. >__>

Also...

Quote: SD-King
EASY!

Don't get so cocky. If you want a real challenge, purchase the GBA version. It was the best version out of all of them by far. <.<
---
Last edited at 01:50:22 09/01/2008 by HIR
#27 Posted: 00:15:27 10/01/2008
I don't have a GBA.
---
I'm turning 12 on July the 9th.By then I will officially retire,and may never return to darkSpyro.
#28 Posted: 00:52:52 10/01/2008
Quote: SD-King
EASY!

Sorry.I ment A new beggining
---
#29 Posted: 01:52:10 10/01/2008
Fair enough... as that was quite easy. <.<;
---
#30 Posted: 18:02:08 08/02/2008
YUP!
---
#31 Posted: 01:59:07 09/02/2008 | Topic Creator
I wonder when they'll make the third game of this...smilie HOPE it's better than TEN....
---
#32 Posted: 03:19:48 12/02/2008
I think the third game is when spyro finally defeats the dark master and can also have Convexity breath for eva!
---
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#33 Posted: 12:25:05 27/02/2008
I think that this game was actually very awfully boring not to mention hard. It reuses bosses and is NO match for original Spyro.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me