Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > My idea for a new Spyro game
Page 1 of 1
My idea for a new Spyro game [CLOSED]
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#1 Posted: 10:39:54 20/12/2009 | Topic Creator
Hi! This is an idea for my new game, Spyro: Shadows in the night.
One of my chapters in my fan fic The legend of Spyro: Shadow hour has that name. So, here we go:

First, you get to the main menu screen, where there are a few choices:

• New game: Self-explanetory really, just create a new file.
  • Load game: Load a previously saved file
  • Dragon cave: Choose a dragon to play as
  • Free play: Not in order
  • Bonuses: Can be obtained by completing challenges
  • Pool of energy: Upgrade breath, furies and melee etc
  • Atlas: See your progress so far
  • Challenges: To get bonuses
  • Scoreboard: See scores around the world

• More on gameplay coming soon.
    ---
    The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:55:02 20/12/2009 by Spyrobaby
    Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
    #2 Posted: 10:44:35 20/12/2009
    Sounds cool. smilie
    ---
    Back from hibernation.
    #3 Posted: 11:15:20 20/12/2009 | Topic Creator
    Thankies Night owl!

So, you start off by clicking "New game". You create a profile for the scoreboard and then the game starts.

You, (Spyro or Cynder), are asleep in the dragon cave. Suddenly, it goes pitch black and you can't see a thing. Yellow eyes come right up to you! You must use your moondust ability to light it up. The yellow eyes go away and the game starts.

CUTSCENE: A new boss, Hiprotica the wyvern is planning to make the world into darkness using his assistant (Not mentioned for a while). He wants to start by getting rid of the puny dragons. He is jealous of his bigger relatives with their elements so he wants to kill them.

NOTE: Free flight not available until you have learnt in the training arena.

Dragon castle

This is the 1st level. You start off next to the drawbridge. You can wander around the gardens finding gems if you wish. When you want to go in, talk to the snake at the entrance. He wants you to prove you are a dragon by taking a test.

Elemental Arena

The snake leads you into a tall dome where you can prove yourself.
    MORE COMING SOON.
    ---
    The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
    Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
    #4 Posted: 11:16:54 20/12/2009
    Awsome. smilie I wish this was a real game...
    ---
    Back from hibernation.
    #5 Posted: 11:54:22 20/12/2009 | Topic Creator
    More on Elemental arena:
    The snake talks to you about fire breath. You must use the breath and the furies to get rid of the dummies. When you have successfully completed that, you find a piece of armour that will be added to your bonus list. Next, you have to try the rest of the proper elements (earth, water air) before trying your own elements. You have to do an earth attack first. When you've done that, you recieve a helmet to go in your bonus list. Water attack completed will give you a sword and air gives you legwarmers. After that, you are let into the castle.
    ---
    #6 Posted: 12:20:57 20/12/2009 | Topic Creator
    Dragon castle part 2
    You will be taken into the castle where some wyvern knights are guarding the cat princess, Caitlyn. You must use moondust, their weakness, to blow them up and free the princess. However, getting into the room isn't easy, as the lock is made of platinum. You must attempt and Elemental fury, where you use all your elements and combine them to break something. When you complete that task, the princess will be free and she flies away (as she's a dragon cat). She also drops a book which you pick up and it is added to your bonus list. Here, you start the level.

Gems: 690
    Egg thieves: 3
    Key thieves: 6
    People needing help: 10
    Bonuses: 20
    ---
    #7 Posted: 15:15:03 20/12/2009 | Topic Creator
    Dragon Castle part 3

You start off by visiting Queen Hironica in the dining room. She invites you to sit down and enjoy the feast with her. Selecting yes will show a cutscene of you eating a magnificent feast and then the level carries on. Selecting no will let you visit the king first instead. If you selected yes, the cutscene will go on and then a bit of speech. She asks you if you would grab the Sapphire from her bedroom since the Wyvern guards won't let her in.
    ---
    #8 Posted: 20:03:30 20/12/2009 | Topic Creator
    Dragon castle part 4

Run upstairs to the bedroom and wipe out the Wyvern guards (who look like this): [User Posted Image]
    ---
    Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
    #9 Posted: 20:13:18 21/12/2009
    Awsome game!
    ---
    OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
    spyroGalNicoleX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1582
    #10 Posted: 09:34:09 22/12/2009
    Sounds really good smilie Id love to play it smilie
    ---
    ''All I wanna be, is everything at once''
    #11 Posted: 09:34:17 22/12/2009 | Topic Creator
    In dragon castle, you grab the sapphire by using bubble breath and then gliding down the stairs to give it to the queen. When you've given it to her, she gives you a relic and you see an egg thief. Chase him down and grab the egg. When eggs hatch, you get to play as them.
    ---
    Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
    #12 Posted: 20:22:28 27/12/2009
    Cool!
    ---
    OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
    #13 Posted: 09:24:35 30/12/2009 | Topic Creator
    Leap to the platform on the other side of the castle and find the king dragon lying in his bedroom. He wants you to find the elemental crystal and bring it back to him so he can have all his elements back. Of course, you don't have it yet, so carry on with the level. As you have collected a relic, use it to help you find the crystal. Press R2 and then choose "find" on the relic. Press find crystal and it will guide you there. Of course, a vehan is guarding it and you have to get rid of it. Go back to the relic screen and choose stun. You will then kock him out so you can flame the green spot on his tummy and grab the crystal. A 30 second timer will come up and you have to race as fast as you can to get the crystal back to the king. If you succeed, you have finished this part and do not have the ability to fly yet so head back to the portal and fly away.

Homeland

You finally made it back to the homeland. There are many places to visit here, like your home and the dragon cave. Soon, your egg will hatch and you can play as it.
    ---
    Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
    #14 Posted: 16:03:27 15/01/2010
    Instead of just have random characters like snakes spontaniously come and help you, get them to have a better meaning in the story.
    #15 Posted: 16:05:16 15/01/2010 | Topic Creator
    What do you mean? He's a guard of the castle.
    ---
    Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
    #16 Posted: 22:15:13 16/01/2010
    Awesome!!!
    ---
    you don't know me. i break things
    I draw stuff.
    SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
    #17 Posted: 00:20:06 09/02/2010
    Pretty cool stuff, Spyrobaby! smilie
    ---
    My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
    GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
    #18 Posted: 09:20:55 13/02/2010
    i wish this game was real!! smilie
    #19 Posted: 09:22:03 13/02/2010 | Topic Creator
    So do I.....
    ---
    #20 Posted: 09:24:13 13/02/2010
    is the homeland like artisans?
    #21 Posted: 09:28:02 13/02/2010 | Topic Creator
    Yes. No enemies or anything like that. It's Spyro's homeland smilie
    ---
    #22 Posted: 09:29:09 13/02/2010
    oh, ok awesome.
    #23 Posted: 09:33:15 13/02/2010 | Topic Creator
    There are a few homeworlds; Dragon City, Sunray Beach, Fishing Village and a few more
    ---
    #24 Posted: 09:34:08 13/02/2010
    duh xD
    ElectricDragons Ripto Gems: 1138
    #25 Posted: 09:37:55 13/02/2010
    OMG!! ITS SOOOO AWESOME (it should cost... 20 dollars. smilie)
    ii love spyro Green Sparx Gems: 131
    #26 Posted: 00:16:16 14/02/2010
    ygewgftr
    ---
    TALKIN TO MY????
    Cynder 19000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1822
    #27 Posted: 00:21:30 14/02/2010
    WTH is that supoosed to mean ii love spyro?

Also good game SB.smilie
    ---
    I'm batman!! Shh...
    Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me