Page 1 of 1
spyro the dragon has not finished yet [CLOSED]
ashleigh Ripto Gems: 3782
#1 Posted: 14:21:08 15/12/2009 | Topic Creator
okay I fownd this today on youtube it about the new spyro game and why it not finished yet plz don't be anger with me I am not the one who made this video I don't know if it is fan made okay

PS
look at it in HQ
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:15:13 16/12/2009 by ashleigh
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#2 Posted: 20:09:39 15/12/2009
There are countless reasons why Dawn of the Dragon is not the last game.

If you paid attention to the plot, you might have noticed that what the Guardians were telling Spyro was, simply put, not true.

Malefor was more of a pitiable fallen hero, the last purple dragon who had rebelled against the Prophecy (which is for the world to be destroyed, mind you) and could not defeat the true evil behind it all. He was thus consumed and sealed himself away, leading to the events of the Legend of Spyro trilogy.

But Malefor was but one of many pawns in the hands of the Dark Realm and the one who controls the Prophecy. Although Spyro did reject his fate as the Dark Master and reversed the end of the world, I strongly doubt that whoever is behind the Prophecy will be very happy about Spyro flipping him/her/it off.

Furthermore, there is the matter of Spyro's and Cynder's true nature.

Spyro is the true prophecized Dark Master and Cynder, his Dark Queen. Although they have delayed fate, the flow of dark power, which gradually tear at their minds and slowly but surely make them get closer and closer to madness, continue to affect them.

And there is the matter of their friends. Few are those who know Spyro's and Cynder's true nature. What would happen if Spyro was to go Dark in the middle of a crowded city? If Cynder was to slip and reveal that it was Spyro, not Malefor, she was destined to serve?

And on top of all this, the death of King Gaul and Malefor has created a "power vacuum". The world is scarred and things are uncertain. Now is the perfect time for wannabe tyrants and cultists who would like to force Spyro back on his destined path to rise.

The LoS trilogy was only the beginning, the origin of Spyro's and Cynder's character and their first adventure.

Spyro and Cynder have much, very much to do before they can finally break free of their cursed fate.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 20:18:13 15/12/2009
Wow, Zeriodus, nice explanation. :3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#4 Posted: 20:27:21 15/12/2009
We've known this for a long time... This was basicly putting all evidence in one place so people could find it...

Edit: Also, Zeriodus, epic win...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:48:54 15/12/2009 by bionicle2809
KZomb Yellow Sparx Gems: 1895
#5 Posted: 20:38:43 15/12/2009
Quote: Zerodius
[- insert awesome explanation -]

Okay.....I am now very psyched.
Cynder 19000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1822
#6 Posted: 21:44:01 15/12/2009
Awsome explation, Zeriodus. smilie
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#7 Posted: 22:15:49 15/12/2009
Nice explation, but are you shore they are ment to be evil? I remember the guardians saying that having 2 purple dragons was to balance the world, one evil one good.
#8 Posted: 22:23:44 15/12/2009
But (I'm realating to what my teacher said, about books, games ect.) they ALWAYS put the most important info at the end. So Malefor could be right about other purple dragons, and how the purple dragons destany, is to be evil.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#9 Posted: 22:32:48 15/12/2009
Ice Dragoness:

I am sure.

In fact, why do you think Spyro become so distressed when he goes Dark at the end of The Eternal Night and then, later on in Dawn of the Dragon, become more and more disturbed as he learns that Malefor was actually a good guy originally and even go on to ask Ignitus if he's any different from Malefor?

The reason is simple:

Spyro finally figured what his true power is and he's afraid because that he knows that if it happened to Malefor, then it can happen to him too. The idea of becoming the very thing he hates and has been fighting all this time terrify him.
#10 Posted: 22:36:42 15/12/2009
Your explaintions, are make so much sence. And you explantion, makes me think that, the next Spyro gam will be called: The destiny of Spyro. Insted of: The legend of Spyro.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#11 Posted: 00:50:53 16/12/2009
Whoa....after reading that explanation, I do think DotD wasn't the last game in the TLoS story!
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#12 Posted: 01:56:55 16/12/2009
Sure you're not secretly on the devleopment team Zerodius smilie
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#13 Posted: 01:59:18 16/12/2009
Imagine if he was!smilie
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#14 Posted: 02:18:15 16/12/2009

If you paid attention to the plot, you might have noticed that what the Guardians were telling Spyro was, simply put, not true.

Malefor was more of a pitiable fallen hero, the last purple dragon who had rebelled against the Prophecy (which is for the world to be destroyed, mind you) and could not defeat the true evil behind it all. He was thus consumed and sealed himself away, leading to the events of the Legend of Spyro trilogy.

But Malefor was but one of many pawns in the hands of the Dark Realm and the one who controls the Prophecy. Although Spyro did reject his fate as the Dark Master and reversed the end of the world, I strongly doubt that whoever is behind the Prophecy will be very happy about Spyro flipping him/her/it off.

Spyro is the true prophecized Dark Master and Cynder, his Dark Queen. Although they have delayed fate, the flow of dark power, which gradually tear at their minds and slowly but surely make them get closer and closer to madness, continue to affect them.

And there is the matter of their friends. Few are those who know Spyro's and Cynder's true nature. What would happen if Spyro was to go Dark in the middle of a crowded city? If Cynder was to slip and reveal that it was Spyro, not Malefor, she was destined to serve?

And on top of all this, the death of King Gaul and Malefor has created a "power vacuum". The world is scarred and things are uncertain. Now is the perfect time for wannabe tyrants and cultists who would like to force Spyro back on his destined path to rise.

The LoS trilogy was only the beginning, the origin of Spyro's and Cynder's character and their first adventure.

Spyro and Cynder have much, very much to do before they can finally break free of their cursed fate.

That's so far out and fan-like that I'm tempted to go "fantard." Though, you do make sense, though I don't know why I nor anyone else saw that in the game.
#15 Posted: 02:29:51 16/12/2009
It seems Zerodius is good at looking between the lines.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#16 Posted: 02:30:05 16/12/2009
^well I, saw that. After i finnished Dotd, i sent in ideas to activison and one of them was baisicly that. But now i know that they will never listen, and all there in for is the money.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#17 Posted: 02:42:47 16/12/2009

How on earth could you know that? I don't think you can. Such a thing as there being a bigger evil force than Malefor is, as Shrazer320 said, purely a fan creation. Judging by the information given to us in the game Malefor, not some bodiless entity, was behind all that destruction. As for what caused him to do it, It could simply be because the true power of all his capabilities began to sink in. He realized he was capable of ruling or destroying the earth, all he needed to do was gain more power, and as he did so he began his destructive ways, which eventually became so unbearable for the guardians that they cast him out. Scorned by his teachers Malefor fled to the mountains where he brooded on his power and planned his future. After assembling his army of apes it is not so far from what could believably be the truth that Malefor began his rein of terror by collecting evil power around himself, which became physically heavy and caused the mountain to collapse and the Well of Souls to be formed. The evil energy opened a portal to another world, into which Malefor fell. While he was trapped there it is likely he told the apes of his plan and gave them orders via some mental link, something like the one which made it so easy for Malefor to corrupt Cynder again. And so the Apes ransacked the Temple, destroying the eggs to lessen the chances of the birth of the purple dragon, and stole the egg which hatched Cynder who was later corrupted using magic knowledge given to Gaul via the theorized mental link. Years later, Spyro is born, learns of his destiny, and LOS begins.

I won't bellieve that the Prophecy stated that the purple dragon is destined to be evil and destroy the world because that was never said. In fact, I believe the prophecy actually stated that the purple dragon will leave it's stamp on this age and deliver the world from darkness. The exact opposite of what you said.

As for Cynder's destiny, there was never any mention of her being destined to serve Malefor or any other dark master. It was only by an act of cruelty at the hands of Malefor that Cynder was Kidnapped and corrupted to do Malefor's bidding.

There, I think I covered it all.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#18 Posted: 02:48:44 16/12/2009
*didn't honestly bother READING that* Luva, perhaps he has a bit of a point.

Of course, we'll all know in time, now won't we?
#19 Posted: 03:13:19 16/12/2009
I dont exactly think he was claiming he knew that for a fact, just showing the possibilities the developers left open for more thought,
---
#20 Posted: 03:18:09 16/12/2009
Pardon me, but I DID real ALL of that, thank you very much. And the fact is he CAN'T say any of that without calling it a fan theory because it seems to me like all of what he said was the opposite of what was said in the game. It was said that the purple dragon was destined to deliver the world from darkness, it said Malefor turned evil and consumed everything but never said why so ant theories on why it happened are just fan theories untill there is a definite answer to the question why did Malefor go evil stated in the game. It was never said that another force turned him evil or that he fought against it and tried to be a hero. The game only said that he turned evil and caused a lot of suffering and destruction. Also, I wish to say that I do not claim that anything I said about Malefor collecting evil power or the mental link with the apes, etc. is anything other than a fan (or former fan) theory. It just seems more likely to be true than what Zerodious said, as there is informetion in the game to support such thories.
---
#21 Posted: 03:18:34 16/12/2009
I meant that I didn't read all of your post. >.>
#22 Posted: 03:20:42 16/12/2009
Getting a little defensive, aren't you, SpyroLUVA?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:22:07 16/12/2009 by Aura24
#23 Posted: 03:39:10 16/12/2009
Just calling it like I see it. Anyway, there was a misunderstanding between Shrazer320 and I. Sorry bout that Shrazer.
---
#24 Posted: 04:28:22 16/12/2009
Phf, nutsacks occasionally burst and shower the world with the glorious protein rich food.
#25 Posted: 13:38:41 16/12/2009
Excuse me? Did you just call me a nutsack? I misunderstood you and I'm sorry. Geez...
---
spyrofan_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#26 Posted: 14:14:25 16/12/2009
where do you guys find all this fach? i dunno anything more than this games are a trilogy, and somemore things:S

and im a bit comfused... are here gonna be more spyro games? cuz that would made me happier than ever!!smilie
---
my Deviantart profile: http://spyroexpert.deviantart.com/
#27 Posted: 16:00:51 16/12/2009
YES! It has been confirmed that Spyro is not over.

As for the 'facts' I just said that Zerodious' explanation wasn't a very good one because the information stated in the game never mentioned anything he was suggesting and sometimes contradicted his theories, like the purple dragon being destined to be evil; it was actually said that the purple dragon would save the world.
---
#28 Posted: 20:18:06 16/12/2009
NEW_SpyroLUVA...

All of my theories are based on what is said in-game and comparing facts.

Fact is, I noticed that what certain characters (such as the Guardians) contradict what *really* is going on. Let me point out a few things that made me come up with my earlier explanation.

If Spyro's destiny is truly that heroic and his power is not dark... then why did Spyro hated learning what he truly was? In fact, why was there a "learn what he truly was" part to begin with if Ignitus had not lied or said false infos at the start of the first game?

And it has been established that no, Malefor did not simply go evil because of fun. He was a respected hero who did great things before his power went out of control. And out of control goes Dark Power. Just look at Spyro. He can barely control his power and go insane, like utterly beserk kill-everything insane at random (Dark mode). If you noticed at the end of Dawn of the Dragon, Malefor's voice, looks, and eyes kinda give away the fact that whatever dragon Malefor used to be, the thing that Spyro confronted wasn't that dragon anymore.

And the Chronicler, who kinda knew about fate, *confirmed* that it was Cynder's fate to serve the Dark Master. And he also confirmed that the first purple dragon (since the last "reset") was consumed by "evil". In fact, to the point that he basically exploded, cracking Mt.Malefor's foundations and sinking him into the Dark Realm. And later in Dawn of the Dragon, when Spyro start to guess that he and Malefor are the same and that he ask Ignitus if they're the same, he doesn't reply something like "He was evil" or "He let his power control him". His reply? That Malefor lost everything and had nothing left to fight for when he confronted evil. Which kinda imply that Malefor's transformation was *not* his goal and was actually due to him failing to defeat evil, rather than becoming evil.

As for the Guardians saying that the purple dragon is destined to save the world... well, would *you* tell the only being that can turn the tide of a war you're losing (and that will end with your specie exterminated if you lose) that you're actually making him do the opposite of what he is destined to do? Especially knowing that dragons are prone to follow destiny without question? They sure keep a lot of things from Spyro (such as the fact that Cynder was actually a dragon like him and not some kind of magical construct. And how, indeed, Malefor was not evil to begin with).

... that is if they even know that the purple dragon is the Dark Master at all to begin with. They sure seem to be ignorant of a lot of things. Only Ignitus seems like he knew anything.

So... yeah.

I don't quite buy the "Malefor was EVIIIIL and BEHIND EVERYTHING!" explanation when every single fact in the games seem to point to the contrary.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:22:51 16/12/2009 by Zerodius
#29 Posted: 21:59:39 16/12/2009
A: I believe Malefor only said that to mess with Spyro's head and put him off balance before a very iportant battle where concentration and a level head was essential to one's victory. And why would Ignitus lie like that? Wouldn't Ignitus have known that if a dragon which is destined to be evil came in contact with a purple dragon who is already evil would inevitably turn evil himself? That being the case, why would Ignitus send Spyro to Fight Cynder in the first place? Yes, one with his powers could save his friends and defeat Cynder, but would he not have know that form that point on Spyro would pretty much have no choice but to continue on that path, fighting evil until he met with Malefor, at which point Malefor would get to him and turn him evil? If the purple dragon was meant to be evil wouldn't it have made more sense for Ignitus to tell the truth from the beginning, then start off on some big thing about defying fate or some such thing? It is probably the possibility for Spyro to become evil upon speaking with Malefor which motivated the Chronilcer in part to ask Spyro to stay with him in the first place, rather than go to the Well of Souls where he may have met Malefor.

B: Ever herd 'Absolute power corrupts absolutely'? Maybe the weight of his powers got to him, and he decided to rule everything and live for himself instead of working his @$$ off saving people. It was also never said that he performed any heroics, as far as I can remember, it was just expected of him. Who knows? Maybe the weight of that responsibility is what drove him insane. I think he was mostly just in training before he went nuts and was cast out. The Chronicler never said he could not stop, he would not stop. Would not not as in he had achoice, rather than could not as in it was out of his hands. Speaking of being outcasted, has anyone ever thought that maybe that very thing, the fact that no one even tried to help him overcome his evil choices fueled his hate?

As for Spyro's dark mode, that was caused by the beam in the Well of Souls, which could have come from Malefor or a concentration of the evil energy I theorized Malefor was gathering which created the Well of Souls. Remember the beam Spyro used at the end of ANB, dubbed Convexity breath by fans? Well maybe that beam of energy in the Mt. of Malefor was a very high concentration of that energy. Immediately knowing of his power Spyro uses it to it's full extent on Gaul and has difficulty fighting it while in the beam, as the energy is continually flowing through him. Again, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

C: I think the Chronicler never said it was her destiny. He said she knew no other way and that Malefor's powers, which had corrupted her so completely, would cause her to go evil again. Oh and did you notice? "No one can resist the temptation. Not even the strongest amoung us." Ie. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I found a video of the conversation with the chronicler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QbdptafZNQ

It never says he was destined to be evil, it just said he got so powerful his abilities became limitless. It doesn't even say that evil consumed him, it says he consumed everything. Interperet that however you wish, I was just pointing something out.

Thank you for brinning up the conversation in warfang, I had forgotten this quote: Malefor could have accomplished anything, but instead he chose evil. He CHOSE evil! He made that decision himself! He did not become as he is because of destiny! It was because he CHOSE to do so!
Oh, oh oh! Also, if the purple dragon is destined to be evil, then why did Malefor try to destroy Spyro? Why did he take the egg of a black dragon to corrupt and turn into his slave when he could have had the purple dragon? It would make more sense to take Spyro's egg and turn him into an omni powerful minion to free him from prison. Also if the purple dragon is destined to be evil, wouldn't Malefor have just waited to meet Spyro so that he could go dark and join Malefor making him THAT much more powerful? It just seems rediculous to destroy someone who has no other option than to be evil when there is a very good chance you can make them join your evil ranks.
"You're exsistence is nature's way of balancing itself." In other words, Spyro is alive because Malefor is incredibly evil which means an incredibly good and equally powerful being is needed, so Spyro must be that incredibly good being. Spyro wont go evil because he is not like Malefor. As Iggy said, his heart would not allow him to be evil. He even said he is destined to bring about an age of peace. Yeah, I know you think they lied, but it is just more likely that Malefor is the one who lied. Why? BECAUSE HE'S EVIL! He chose evil and lieing just goes with being evil! As I said before, telling Spyro he is meant to be evil would disrupt his mental balance before a battle where he must maintain control.

Two things we CAN agree on though: Yes, they should have told Spyro what Cynder is in the first place, and yes it would make a little more sense/ just be cooler if there was a greater evil force than Malefor. Why? Because although Malefor chose evil, evil and hatred are not things people are just born with. Such things must be taught, or a person must be motivated to be evil throughout events in thier life. Unless of course Malefor was born with something wrong with his mind, a mental deffeciancy of some kind.

Goddam! This is one of many reasons why I like old Spyro so much more than LOS! The stories were way simpler and didn't have such massive loose ends or plotholes! People never used to fight like this over the games! Sheesh...

Anyway, Shazer320 is right: We will all know eventually.
---
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#30 Posted: 23:19:37 16/12/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Anyway, Shazer320 is right: We will all know eventually.

That'll be Shenzi Sixaxis to you.
#31 Posted: 06:44:26 17/12/2009
NEW_SpyroLUVA:

It appears obvious that we cannot agree. Since this is going way, way off topic, I think this will be my last argument on the matter.

I have not much to add to my last points... but I do have a few, final counters to your own points.

If Spyro going Dark is ONLY due to the beam at the Well of Souls... then how come did Spyro's Dark Power awaken at the end of A New Beginning then, with Spyro finishing off Cynder's final form using the Dark Shockwaves fury? And how come Spyro progressively begin to lose himself in Dawn of the Dragon, even going Dark again when struck with grief after Ignitus's death?

As for The Chronicler's scene... you obviously ignored certain things he said. For example, when Spyro says he wants to save Cynder, The Chronicler try to discourage him, saying it's fate and that he mustn't resist it.

For the Ignitus point... Ignitus has lied to Spyro in A New Beginning... and just before his death in Dawn of the Dragon, Ignitus apologize to Spyro, telling him that he "kept so much from him", implying that he lied to him on far more accounts than merely Cynder's nature.

And for some interesting points about Malefor being evil...

Cheetah village. Spyro claiming he will help the Cheetahs with their problems. The chief's initial reply? "The last one said that too. We all seen where it lead."

... if Malefor had never left Warfang to do heroics and had indeed been exiled during his training... then how come he is known everywhere? How come the Cheetahs said he once helped them and went wrong? How come there are statues of the greatest dragon hero around... and that those statues are statues of Malefor? And of him being an adult, at that (which imply he resisted his powers long enough to grow up).

It's just too fishy. I do not doubt that Malefor went evil. But what I do doubt is that this was a deliberate choice. Everywhere, it shows that the Dark Power that the purple dragons wield is intoxicating, vile, and cause corruption. And Spyro is brought back from the brink at the last second every time by his friends... and it's stated that Malefor did not have such luck.

To me, it is quite obvious that Malefor lost his mental battle.

I will admit that the one thing that bothers me with your explanation is that you assume that if the Prophecy says that Spyro is to be evil, then him being good makes no sense. Why so? To me, Spyro being good despite his destiny being that he becomes evil makes him a FAR better hero ; because it means that him being good is a deliberate choice, an act that comes from his motivation to protect his friends and all those around him rather than merely following his fate.

What's wrong with the idea of facing fate and overcoming it?

As for Ignitus sending him to fight evil beings when he himself is destined to be evil... well, this is kinda the point. Grooming Spyro to become the opposite of what he is destined to be, infusing him with the belief that he is destined to save the world (even if it's not true) so that he may not fulfill his original destiny. Training him with the "normal" elements so that he may survive without relying on his Dark Power. And then, once he has become proficient in his powers enough, sending him to defeat the evils that threaten the lands and prevent his predecessor, who was completely consumed, from coming back.

To me, it actually make a lot of sense.

I know I won't change your opinion ; it's obvious we're both pretty solid in our positions. Still, I think that this should be our last reply within this thread ; if you wish to further debate it, then please contact me via PM or MSN.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#32 Posted: 15:52:07 17/12/2009
Well, somebody is certainly reading in-between the lines, isn't he? This isn't anything I haven't heard from you before, Mew *wink*. The explanation does hold a sense of validity. But I highly doubt that Krome intended to place such blatant contradictions in their games. A few of those contradictions may have also spurned from the developer transition Sierra took prior to DotD's release. I wouldn't be surprised if they kinda rushed the story in the third part so that they could "conclude" it. The end result of the rushed story obviously leaves us fans very divided on the issue of whether the story really is over. Luva is simply representing a point of view of somebody who thinks DotD really did bring an end to the Legend storyline. Your philosophizing seems to be the ground for an argument that the Legend series is not over, but that there is much more to the story than any of us had surmised. While I do agree that said points are valid, I doubt Activision and Sierra plan to address any of these glaring contradictions in future installments.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#33 Posted: 07:55:22 19/12/2009
guys! dont come up with more stores like the ones above! i have written those as story ideas for the spyro games i plan to make one day. its weird, how we, the fans, all think alike...
---
You gotta believe!
SwiftWing Green Sparx Gems: 390
#34 Posted: 20:57:10 01/02/2010
*lip trembles* i refuse to bilieve that spyro would turn dark smilie
---
smilie : hey once, i switched to my earth element, i found a guitar, and i ROCKED!!!, get it?
smilie : smilie
MrMan Ripto Gems: 14
#35 Posted: 22:20:20 01/02/2010
....If they continue, I want to go back to the originals, I'm sick of this crap.
#36 Posted: 22:22:50 01/02/2010
They'll probably continue in the LoS universe.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#37 Posted: 22:29:43 01/02/2010
Quote: SwiftWing
*lip trembles* i refuse to bilieve that spyro would turn dark smilie

[User Posted Image]

LOLZ?
#38 Posted: 22:44:28 01/02/2010
Quote: MrMan
....If they continue, I want to go back to the originals, I'm sick of this crap.

And How!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me