Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Alarian series, Book 1: Whitecraft (plz comment)
First | Previous | Page 4 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Alarian series, Book 1: Whitecraft (plz comment) [CLOSED]
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#151 Posted: 00:22:13 26/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Western Gate, Morundor

They arrived at the entrance to the city with aching legs after continuously walking without sitting down. Inserting swords into sheaths, guns into pockets, bows hung on backs and daggers on belts they shouldered their packs and waited for Argathor to give the instructions. They saw him get up on a rock above everyone else and slam his battle-axe on the stone to get everyone’s attention. All faces turned to face him at once.
“People, it is our job to deliver the Guardians to Duskinvere so they may travel to Atlantis. You may wonder why we are travelling like this, tis because we must not draw attention. I say again that it is our job to get the Guardians to their destination! If it kills us, we will do it! Our first step will be to get them to our Mt. Cook base. We will stock up then it will be straight until we reach the Straight. More will be explained there. So, let us embark now.” He thudded out the dark hole lit by lanterns and everyone else followed, their boots squelching on the wet floors from the small trickle of water that came from down the cave.
The four were surrounded by keen eyed watchers that were ready to protect them with their lives should the time come. As they proceeded, they soon enough came to a halt. There was a murmuring of voices from up ahead, but they caught none of it. There was a loud rumble of crumbling stone and moving earth. Someone shouted ‘Clear!’ and everyone was moving again.
There were many gasps of ‘Argh! That’s bright!’ as they broke out into the sunlight. Even to Matt and the rest of the Guardians were raising their hands to shroud their eyes from the blistering sun. Simon ran to the front to talk to Argathor.
“Yes sir? What is your ailment?” he asked.
“I have no ailment, I only wanted to ask you a few questions. Do you mind?”
“Of course not, fire away!” He hoisted his pack again, and walked at that same steady pace.
“Well, I couldn’t help wondering. Why do you use old weapons like swords and all that when you win this war with guns anytime!”
Argathor looked at him confused, Simon hoped that wasn’t a stupid question to ask.
“Oh well, most people know they are impervious to all human made weapons. Also, the bullets to not pierce their hides like my axe will!” He exclaimed raising his axe and tensing is muscles.
Simon was led to another question. “Okay, well couldn’t you create gun-like weapons that do affect them?”
“Well that’s the question isn’t it? We try and succeed, but magic and pure plain blade work seem to be the only ones effective.”
“But your bows affect them and yet bullets don’t?” He said still puzzled how that was possible.
“All our arrows are imbued and enhanced with magic. Now you’re about to ask ‘why can’t we use them on bullets’, it’s because bullets are metal, and if they are completely metal, only the strongest of magic don’t quickly wear off. And if they were anything besides metal they wouldn’t serve their purpose properly. As you could see, Morundor was carved out of marble which made it so the protective enchantments will stay longer. You haven’t seen how hard it’s to stop you humans from seeing us all the time!” They trudged across a shallow stream, little fish instantly swam away as they disturbed the water. “Is that everything you wanted to ask sir?”
“Oh please don’t call me that. It makes me feel uncomfortable. Just call me Simon.” He requested, and Argathor nodded. “But, yes that’s about it. I’m good for now.”
He fell back to talk with Matt, Valora, and Sophie. As they were walking, Sophie put her hand to her mouth and gasped.
“What’s wrong?” Matt said.
“My brother! He’s still back in Morundor, all alone.”
A woman in front of them turned around, she had glittering straight white teeth and golden brown hair like just baked cookies.
“Madam, actually your brother was introduced to the other humans in Morundor.”
“What? There were more humans in Morundor?” said Sophie alarmed at the prospect.
“Aye, if a human wanders accidentally into the house above Morundor and they see too much, we give them a choice to stay or go. This happens very rarely of course, only when there is say a change of guards or something. We would’ve let you meet them, but you were too busy I’m afraid.” She had an apologizing look on her face.
Time passed, and when someone saw them tired of waking so long, they offered if they wanted to sit on the wagon that held the sleeping bags, food and drink. They accepted without another thought.
At nightfall as the sun went to bed behind the mountains, they halted, and people began preparing for the night. They chose a sheltered spot under trees, enclosed, and easy to defend should they be attacked.
“Right!” Argathor roared. “I want fifteen guards posted. Change at two in the morning. Knightengale! You’re in charge of setting up temporary barricades. Guardians in the middle with us around them. Weapons should be at he ready, and you blow that horn if you see any sign of predators got it?” Nods were all around and people began doing their assigned jobs. “The rest of you! Get the bread out, water should be given and make sure everyone’s fed. Take no-more than your own share. The Guardians are our number one priority no exceptions!” Everyone was busy around them, digging through the wagon and drinking from massive bottles of clear New Zealand water. They passed them around to each other, taking them gratefully, drinking then passing them on. Others we munching on soft bread, eating raspberries or taking small gulps of Flouwan, careful not to spill the precious drink.
“Here we’ll be staying tonight. I’m sorry we cannot provide you with more comfort than these sleeping bags but it’s the best we can give you seeing there’s fifty of us. Is there something on your mind Matt?” He noticed Matt was lingering on something.
“Well not really, I was just seeing all of you drinking from the same bottles and doing things we wouldn’t do cause of germs and all that. Is it like magic water or something?”
Argathor inclined his head towards the sky. “When you’re at war, and thousands of people are killed a day, those things seem to pass as insignificant. If you lived in a world plagued by a shadow that killed your closest friends and family without another thought, you’d do anything you could to stop them wouldn’t you? At least we have the privilege to drink with those who are still living.”
Matt was trying to decipher a surely hidden message he was sure was there.
“Yes, well I was just wondering.”
“It’s quite alright. Well, you should get some shuteye. We’re walking more tomorrow, and it won’t be under these trees. It’ll be out on the Canterbury Plains.” Argathor patted him on the back and winked at him.
Matt was handed a soft case with a silky sleeping bad inside it. As told, they went to the centre of the camp and lay down on a thick patch of grass. Sliding himself into the slick material, he could tell it was not human made. The fabric was thin, and yet increasingly warm.
Standing up to have a final look at the camp. On the outside were pairs of thick sticks stuck in the ground in the shapes of ‘X’s. They went right round the outside of the camp. Every three metres stood a sentinel, baring a weapon and looking outwards for the smallest sign of danger. Man they’re dedicated, Matt thought as he lay down to sleep.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#152 Posted: 00:30:42 26/01/2010
awesome!! ED
#153 Posted: 05:52:35 28/01/2010
i havent had a chapter in a while....
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#154 Posted: 17:32:01 28/01/2010
Yeah, its awsome! smilie
---
Back from hibernation.
#155 Posted: 18:59:06 28/01/2010 | Topic Creator
you want more?
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
#156 Posted: 22:52:45 28/01/2010
yeah! i wqas so bored, it felt like a week!
#157 Posted: 19:08:27 04/02/2010
Yush please, more. smilie
---
Back from hibernation.
#158 Posted: 23:09:41 06/02/2010 | Topic Creator
Sorry it took so long! The journey begins!

The sun peeked at them from over the top of the snow capped mountains. Dark clouds were gathering in the north, and it didn’t look good for the further journey. As they packed up camp, tossing sleeping bags in the wagon and eating breakfast, Sophie and Valora were looking at Matt’s map to find the Mt.. Cook base. Soon enough, knowing roughly where it was already they found it was exactly eastern adjacent to Christchurch. It had a small label that said ‘Mt. Cook base’.
“Well, there it is.” Pointed out Sophie. “Co-ordinates forty-three latitude, one-hundred-and-seventy longitude, and we are somewhere around err… here.” Her finger snapped down on a point on the opening to the Canterbury Plains that was far from the base.
“Great.” said Valora in disdain with a short moan. They were signified that they were going to begin the journey for today.
“Today!” said Argathor in his deep, knowing voice. “Our objective is to get to the foot hills, the clouds in the north will not be bothering us today and the sun is above us.” He leaped down from the rock with a thud and began leading them onwards. The wagon rolled forwards, pulling itself bound by magic.
The group proceeded into the full blown light.. It wasn’t long until they started sweating in the blistering sun.
“Do we ever change clothes or anything?” Sophie said disgusted she had worn the same clothes twice in a row. A ragged old dwarf answered their question. She had bags under eyes from lack of sleep and was dressed in a light armour and leather shirts and trousers. She wore a chain around her neck that had a giant sapphire hanging delicately on a thread.
“Now of course, I’m surprised no-one else did it for you.”
“Did what?” asked Sophie.
“This! Claro.” with a short flick of the old dwarf’s wrist, the grit and dirt sprung off their clothes and were restored to their former cleanliness and splendour.
“Thanks a lot..” said Sophie with a sigh of relief. “They felt terrible before.” The dwarf nodded in gratification and ran off into the clumps of people.
“Should we train sometime?” Simon asked them.
“Well, yea, I suppose we should be like at night or something.” Matt agreed, nodding. Valora and Sophie just said ‘okay’ and ‘whatever’ in response.
“Ah good, I was just going to talk to you about that actually.” Argathor’s familiar sound came from behind. They turned to see him striding to them with four people, two elves and two dwarves.
“How so?” Simon asked excitedly.
Argathor and his group had caught up now. “These are, Imintri, Verdino, Thrond, and Dilnan.” Each of them bowed as they were mentioned. “Imintri here specializes in Earth Magic, and will be temporarily teaching you Simon how to control your powers. Verdino,” the slim, dark haired elf stepped forward, her elegant body in perfect posture. “will be teaching you Valora. Sophie, Thrond here,” the dwarf grunted and Sophie noticed he was missing three fingers on his left hand. “Is your instructor, and Matt, Dilnan is yours. Of course, this training will be very limited as Guardians’ powers are different to ours, but you might as well start tonight.” Matt nodded at Dilnan, who grinned back. He was tall for a dwarf, only a little shorter than Matt himself.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:16:55 06/02/2010 by BEST FAN EVER
#159 Posted: 23:14:03 06/02/2010
for some reason that chapter reminded me of Deltora. XP

awesome chapter.

do we eve change clothes?"

you're missing an r.
#160 Posted: 23:16:16 06/02/2010 | Topic Creator
sry! Deltora, now thats a nice series... a little less sophisticated than most books but still reasonably good. Would you like more?
---
#161 Posted: 23:17:19 06/02/2010
yes. just keep an eye out for typos. i believe there was one in a previous chapter...

they don't call em blue dictionary for nothing! XP
#162 Posted: 23:24:57 06/02/2010 | Topic Creator
As fast as i go, it's hard to not make mistakes. Once i finish, I'll go through and edit it for all mistakes i can find.

Tonight came and they were beckoned by their tutors to come to a shady spot in the little shelter that there was. The shadows were lengthening and the sun was setting behind the port hills that seemed so far away in the east. Their four teachers bowed when they arrived after weaving through the crowds of people. Sophie rubbed her arms and puffed out at the chilling gusts of wind that flung her hair though her eyes. She wiped out a couple of strands of hair from her face then spoke.
“So, should we begin?” she said.
“Yes.” began Dilnan. “ for the start though, we will train together in a group. As to give you more confidence and improve your stature.”
“Cool, so what do we do?” Simon leaned forward expectedly. Imintri answered quickly.
“Well, for a start you will just show us what you can do.”
“OK.” Said all four of them at the same time. They laughed a little at the coincidence of what just happened. Their instructors were not laughing, when they saw it they straightened up and put on straight faces.
“Should we proceed?” Thrond growled.
“Quite. Who wants to go first?” Simon stepped forwards unhesitant.
“Well, go on. Good luck.” Simon put out his hand and began to concentrate, doing exactly what he did before he put out tendrils trying to grasp the earth around him. The energy was draining from his as he continued trying and then eventually he felt his powers making contact. Scrunching his hand into a fist, a clot of dirt looked like it magnetized into a small ball. He raised his hand slowly, desperately trying to keep his powers in shape and control that small sphere of dirt . But when only it was a foot or so from the ground below it, the energy was too much for him, his concentration broke and the dirt ball fell apart. It splattered on the ground and Simon knelt down to catch his breath.
“Hmm… interesting.” Imintri ran his hand over the dirt and took a deep breath then stood to face Simon. “Well, it’s a good start. Though it’s not like you could do much damage with that. Your handwork was good, but you need to think about your posture, position and the rest of your body. It will channel your energies better and you won’t waste as much energy. It’s all about position. Yes, focus on that.” Simon nodded and stood back to join Matt, Valora and Sophie.
“Valora, how about you?” She put her foot backwards and saw Verdino put out her slender hand.
“Oh, OK.” She said nervously.
“Right,” Verdino said. “Show me what you got!”
Valora shut her eyes and put her arms out like she was trying to grab something. Feeling through the air and to the ground mentally she came to the roots of a tree a few feet away. She brought her hands slightly more together and then began raising them, pulling up the water with it. She flashed open her eyes to see water being drawn slowly through the air and towards her to form a sphere of sparkling blue water between her hands. It was then she felt the energy slipping from, in one last burst of energy she threw the water at the group with a resounding, sploosh. She looked up to see Verdino with the faintest smile.
“Well done.” She congratulated her. “I’m surprised you could do that much actually. Well anyways, firstly, you need to widen your sources. You must know there is water everywhere. Where’s there’s life, there’s water. Water is accessible as long as your not in a vacuum, which I hope you do not end up in.. That would be most unfortunate. Well, lets concentrate on that for now.” She turned to face the roots she had taken the water from. They had gone black and the life had been sucked out of them. With a small frown she said, “Water magic’s greatest curse. When we draw out water to save lives, we kill others.”
“Yea, but we can’t be worried by that when we’re fighting a war can we?” said Valora, she ignored her comment.
“Who’s next?”
“I’ll go.” Sophie said surprisingly with a fierce look of determination on her face. “I don’t know how I did it last time, I just did.”
“Well, no matter. Give it a shot.” said Thrond crossing his arms.
“OK.” Sophie said and started attempting to bring fourth her powers again.
Sophie breathed in and out, then closed her eyes and felt around her mind to find that energy she had last time. It was many minutes before Sophie made contact with a pulsing energy that she could mentally touch in her mind. She leapt forward to find a barrier, with another mental assault she rammed the barrier hard until it shattered. Sophie let herself immerse in the glowing energy and let it flood her body. Her eyes flew opens and she felt so warm, she felt so alive, and spreading out her palms flat she saw small flares burst every few seconds until it eventually burst into a ball of flames. She gazed into the flames, mesmerised by the swirling of red and gold fire and then the loss of energy hit her. The fireball evaporated in her hands, and with a gust of heat she was blown to the ground. She saw that Thrond was looking happy, maybe he was glad with effort even though it seemed pitiful to her.
“Was I any good?” she asked with gasp to take in oxygen.
“You were brilliant for a beginner. Fire is hard to control, and when it gets out of hand, it will burn everything in it’s way. Incendius!” With a punch in the air, a flame ball erupted from knuckles and sped through the sky until it finally burned out. “Now, Matt it’s your turn.”
Matt looked at the others at Simon gave him a small thumbs up. He grinned and took a stance. Standing on his side and looking forward he stretched out one arm and dug through his mind to find that energy. With a single blow, he crushed the barrier and let the energy run freely. Then drawing in the power to his one hand he bent back to his elbow then snapped his arm down. A single blast of air whipped from his fingertips and struck a tree ten feet away. With a crack, bark was scraped off and fragments of wood flew threw the air. Using his powers, he targeted the wood chips and grasped them. The energy loss was not too much yet, he could hold a little longer. With the air currents, he whirled his hands around his head and made the wood chips dart towards him then at the last second made them nail into the ground at his feet. At last, he let the magic go, and it quickly reseeded behind the barrier.
“That was terrific!” Dilnan bellowed, clapping his massive hands together.
“Thanks, but I was the first one to get our powers. I’ve had the longest to practise.” He said in between breaths. Putting his hands on his knees he bent over then rolled his neck as it cracked.
“Well, anyway, it was still insanely brilliant for one with so little time to have discovered their powers without a tutor. You used the most basic of air attacks, Wind Slice. A swift death, used to blow someone or if you strong enough, even kill by slicing open their guts! Yes, I saw you tried to get posture right, but you need more stability. Easily knocked down you would be. That’s enough for tonight. Everyone’s mostly asleep.”
They each parted, going two different ways to sleep.
Matt, Simon, Valora and Sophie reached their four sleeping bags already set out for them. Their weapons lay beside each of their sleeping bags, ready should they need or want them. One by one they yawned and snuggled down into their designated beds.

The next chapter is called 'TRACKED'
---
#163 Posted: 23:26:40 06/02/2010
i'll read that chap in a couple of mins, i'll brb, mkay? smilie
#164 Posted: 23:27:38 06/02/2010 | Topic Creator
sure'e'o!
---
#165 Posted: 23:51:07 06/02/2010
that's an awesome chapter!! smilie
#166 Posted: 00:07:53 07/02/2010 | Topic Creator
Please, thats nothing. Theres sky battles coming, with lots of people.! want more?
---
#167 Posted: 00:09:41 07/02/2010
duh! XP

when this comes out im gonna buy it

yes i heard your aiming for 450 pages XP
#168 Posted: 00:20:44 07/02/2010 | Topic Creator
600 now, I'm gonna hit 450 easily. the book, is no-where near finished and I'm nearly 250. I'm hoping to smash HP in the ratings!

TRACKED

They are coming, they don’t know it, and we can’t contact them! Messenger would be too slow, and we have to warn them somehow!

Canterbury Plains, New Zealand

“It’s gone!”
The Guardians awoke to cry of despair from on the far side of the camp. Obviously, something was gone.. Waking immediately to his fullness, Matt rushed over to the source of the noise.
“What happened?” Simon, Sophie and Valora drifted into the scene slowly, yawning and rubbing their eyes.
“Someone stole our communicator. It’s just gone, do you know what this means?” Argathor said, everyone was baring weapons and backing to form a protective circle around the Guardians.
“No.” Matt said.
“It means we can’t be warned of oncoming attacks, traps that might be set for us or other dark things out there hungry for blood!” He ran away, barking orders and everyone was in a frenzy.
“I want to move out, now! Everything on the wagon, and let’s go! Move people!” Argathor yelled through the commotion.
Matt grabbed his long sword and sheath and hooked it on his belt. Simon did likewise and Sophie was still holding her scimitar in one hand. Valora slid her daggers into their slots in her belt, and they readied for anything.
Argathor came to them, panic was in his eyes. “We have to get you to the base A.S.A.P. The predators could attack anytime now. We need to go now .”
“OK, are moving faster or something?” Sophie asked quickly before he went away. He looked her in the eye.
“We aren’t going to stop until we get you to safety.” And he ran off.
The Guardians were hid under blankets in the wagon. Argathor had told them they mustn’t be seen.
“Man, this is intense isn’t it?” said Valora during the loud rolling of the wagon over rocks. They were tossed around every so often when they hit a particularly big stone.
“Yea, hey do you mind if I ask a question?” said Sophie.
“No. What is it?” Simon looked at her curiously.
“It’s just, there’s a war on and the entire human race doesn’t k now about it! We are the Guardians, which means we’re at the centre of it now! That means, there’s a chance we’ll… die.” She looked around at them all, each of them looking them in the eye.
“You forget one thing,” Simon said smiling cunningly almost. “We are the Guardians with powers none other will have. We’ll soon enough be able to kill with a twitch of a finger and the Black Mind will be trembling in his boots.”
“Who says this Black Mind guy isn’t a Guardian himself?” said Valora with a tang of fear. “For one person to wreck this much havoc, he’d have to be pretty damn powerful wouldn’t he?” They were left in silence. “And we’re expected to defeat him.”
They came to a sudden halt and arguing voices were emitting from outside. They got out, to land on the yellow grassed Plains. She looked to the north to see those storm clouds were closer. They didn’t look good.
“No! We will not risk it. It could kill us all! Maybe one, but not four!” Argathor spat at the feet of another dwarf who was raising two wood axes threateningly.
“You know this journey might kill us all! We might not have the time soon and you know it!” The other dwarf yelled furiously.
Matt decided to intervene against Valora and Sophie’s advice.
“What is happening.” The two dwarves stopped arguing and Argathor gave his explanation.
“This insane dwarf thinks we should teleport you to the base. Which is absolutely preposterous. Teleportation is a extremely dangerous branch of magic only successful by incredibly powerful warlocks of which we have not here or in Morundor. Plus, it’s enough to teleport one person, let alone four! It’s dangerous for the traveller and the caster! It could kill us all or kill you in the process! You get it wrong in the slightest, and you’re dead!” he turned back to the dwarf. “I’m in charge of this mission and you will obey my orders, do you understand?” The other stubby dwarf backed away and began cursing under his breath.
“Oh we’ll get through this alright. You guys will get to Atlantis, even if it kills me.” Argathor slung his battle-axe on his back and walked away to the front of the pack. Before he commanded them to keep moving, a shout of distress rang through the group.
“Sir! Come quickly!” the voice cried. Argathor pushed his way the crowd until he came to the origin of the voice.
“What is it?”
“Look.” The Guardians followed and everyone parted to let them through. They came to a dead body of a dwarf. His face was clawed and blood crusted around his face. His chest was covered in a thick layer of blood, and one of his eyes were glazed, the other was gouged out. Sophie let out a small cough of disgust, and turned away. The dwarf’s neck was snapped on its side, a deep wound with the insides were ripped apart could be clearly seen. Argathor bent down and turned the dwarf’s head, and they saw an eye, the sign of the Black Mind was engraved in his forehead out of blood. Argathor was shaking his head.
“Oh no, they’re onto us. This is Predator’s doing,” he said turning to Simon and Matt. “They’re tracking your scent. They wont stop until your dead, and they can’t be to far behind. We’re still a few days away from the base. With one down, I don’t know how many more will die soon. Everyone!” He turned to everyone else and scowled. “We’re being tracked, and they’re gaining on us. We need to move, now!” He ordered.
Everyone started running, the Guardians hid themselves in the wagon and they were moving faster now. The ride was bumpier, and they could hear the elves and dwarves outside puffing from lack of air.
---
#169 Posted: 00:25:59 07/02/2010
do you think we should let NiOwl catch up?
#170 Posted: 00:27:05 07/02/2010 | Topic Creator
oh ya, probably smilie

Any questions? Would you buy if it got published?
---
#171 Posted: 00:28:47 07/02/2010
i would. XP

even though i can just get it free here...

if you made i special edition i would buy it XP
#172 Posted: 00:32:54 07/02/2010 | Topic Creator
Yea, I know. But the most i'd put up here, is the 1st book. No more, and if too many poeple used it, i'd probably dlete it sry.

Special edition... how so?

Oh ya, my series is cut into mainly 2 sets of 3 books. The first bit leads up to the dargaroth rising and trying to bring the end of the world and the second is the planitary alignment which boosts dark energy to an incredible extent... and save the fifth guardian from the black mind.
---
#173 Posted: 00:36:08 07/02/2010
1st lijne: yeah, expected that.

2nd line: i dont know >.>

3rd line: my series IN ORDER goes like this:

Legends 1
Roleplay 1
Legends 2
Roleplay 2
Legends 3
Brother/ sister spin-offs
Lgends (The Final Destiny only)
Prophocies
The rest (Just Starlight, then sub- heading: E.G. Starlight, Dragoness of Time
#174 Posted: 16:24:00 07/02/2010
Quote: GamingMaster_76
do you think we should let NiOwl catch up?

Caught up. XP

Awsome! smilie Yes, I would definatley buy it. :3
---
Back from hibernation.
#175 Posted: 03:44:42 08/02/2010 | Topic Creator
Anyones want more?????? The next is the first battle (as in a real 1) BIT.
---
#176 Posted: 04:53:47 09/02/2010
yeah,m NOW!!!
#177 Posted: 05:10:51 09/02/2010 | Topic Creator
dun dun dun... here we go!

It was midnight when they were finally able to come out of the wagon. The night was cloudy and cold, a southerly wind blew and clouds shrouded the stars above. They found a spot under the trees lay out their sleeping bas below them.
Argathor came to them and sat down beside them, his face grave. “May we talk?”
“Of course.” Matt said and settled to hear what he had to say. Simon, Valora and Sophie turned to face him as well.
“I can tell you now, that most of my group won’t be making it to Mt. Cook. You will, but most us won’t.” He sniffed. “I can smell it on the wind, there must beat least five-hundred of them coming. We might have until tomorrow night, then they’ll catch up. In the confusion, you must get away. Head for the mountains and follow the map. You must survive.”
“How do you know you’ll all die? Isn’t that jumping to conclusions?” Simon asked.
“Our numbers are not sufficed. I’ve fought in battles on a scale you haven’t seen, and you need a lot more men than this. We’ll be overrun in minutes. The idea of this group as small enough tog o unnoticed, but big enough to protect you from small threats.”
Can’t we send for reinforces?” Valora said with a slight apprehension in her voice.
“Remember our communicator is gone. Likely stolen by the Predators in the dead of night. “And anyways by the time we’ve sent for them, they have got to us.”
“You haven’t told them have you?” Simon stated.
“Err… no. Let them live in hope.”
“Quite right you are there.” Matt said, stretching out his legs. “Now can I ask you a question?” He nodded indicating he could.
“What is it like? Fighting in a war? I mean, I never thought it would happen to me.” Matt said, and he saw Simon nodding.
“It’s difficult to describe.” Argathor was hesitant with his answer. “When you’re one a battle field, you see your friends dying around you, you are terrified to your very core. Then you remind yourself, that if you don’t fight, God’s earth would fall to darkness and the Black Mind would reign supreme. That’s what we fight for, our freedom, our friends, family and the earth itself.” At that, he stood up brushing off dirt from his shirt and slowly walked away.
Matt couldn’t sleep that night, when he tried he was just awoken by the smallest sound around him. He turned over to look at the trees on the other side. They were shadowed and nothing was seen between them. The moonlight slid from between the clouds, and revealed the last sight he wanted to see.
A black deformed creature was crouching in the shadows, rasping in short breaths. It had its spine protruding from its back, and multiple other bones sticking out through it’s skin in disgusting positions. Its face had no eyes, but only a jet black scaly type skin that was peeling like it was sunburnt. Its claws were twisted out in broken looking positions that clicked out the stony ground it was standing on. Its teeth were dripping with saliva, and a pungent smelling steam like rotten flesh rose from where it hit the ground. It sniffed, raising its head then turned away and prowled back through the shadows. It was a Predator.
Matt got out of his sleeping bag, and crept around the camp until he reached a barricade. Two of the guards came to him.
“Sir, you can’t-.”
“You two, come with me. Did you see it?” Matt interrupted him. The two guards looked at each other.
“See what?” said the dwarf to his left.
“The Predator!” hissed Matt.
“No. I didn’t see anything.”
“Well come on! Let’s follow it!” Before they could respond, he walked off into the bushes.
Matt couldn’t see a thing until his eyes adjusted. It wasn’t long until he realized he could just follow the horrible scent. The two guards had followed him. They weaved their way through the trees, over roots and under low branches. It wasn’t long until the smell got stronger, and more powerful so that it overwhelmed any other scent around. They saw the shape of the Predator they had been following jump down a cliff into a lit area. They could hear talking, but they had to creep closer to hear it. They hid behind a rock, then peeked over to see what lay there.
An entire army of around five hundred Predators were feasting on carcasses in a crater surrounded by trees. A few Predators were soaring above, screeching then diving to take a bite off one of the dead bodies of animals. In the centre, one man, or Predator that looked like one snarled at them from the top of a boulder tearing at a bone with shreds of meant still stuck to it. Then he spoke. The voice was like ice, and tore at their minds.
“Tomorrow, at dawn, we strike!” Screams of agreement thundered through the clearing. “Let’s end their hope once and for all, and kill their precious Guardians while they’re weak!”
I’m not weak! Matt mentally screamed at him.
“He was wrong. Argathor was wrong.” He muttered to himself.” Racing through the bushes, he ran as hard as he could to reach the camp. After five or so minutes, he reached the camp and began shouting to the other guards. “Raise the alarm! Predator’s are coming in mere hours, we have to move now!”
People began moving and packing up camp like lightning. Argathor was running at him.
“What’s happened!” he demanded.
“Predators, I saw them. More than three hundred as you said, and we don’t have until midday, they’re going to strike at dawn, which is only a few hours away! We have to get everyone out now if we have any chance of getting to the base in time.” He explained, his brain was whizzing. Thoughts jumping through his head as he packed his own gear.
“What’s going on?” Simon asked as soon as he arrived where they were.
“Predators are coming. Soon. We have to leave.” He acknowledged him and began grappling for his own stuff and chucking it on the wagon. Valora and Sophie joined them and in no time everyone was moving out.
There was a howl of agony in the distance. Had the Predators figured out they knew they were going to attack in the morning?
Everyone was moving fast, nearly at a sprint. Matt poked his head out the wagon to see a Predator rising above the trees and setting its eyes on the group, it quickly dived downwards and a screech of fury could be heard from there. He looked at where they had previously been camping and saw hundreds of silhouettes rushing out from the shadows and began following their tracks a few hundred metres behind them. Matt began to panic, he won’t die will he?
Simon, Matt, Valora d Sophie all looked at each other with a dark look in their eyes. The Predators were coming, they had minutes left.
---
#178 Posted: 05:14:30 09/02/2010
awesome!

no more for the 'mo though, i'm tired from reading dewey. :3
#179 Posted: 05:20:48 09/02/2010 | Topic Creator
okays! The next chapter is.... 'STRANDED'
---
#180 Posted: 16:15:25 09/02/2010
Awsome chapter! :3
---
Back from hibernation.
#181 Posted: 02:35:07 10/02/2010 | Topic Creator
Anyone want more? I'll post when requested!
---
#182 Posted: 08:25:01 10/02/2010
i ordered deltora. (i was reading it at school, but i'm getting the ultamite deltora collection, which features all the books in 3 seperate parts (yes i know some of what happens, i've read Dread Mountain so far))
#183 Posted: 16:14:00 10/02/2010 | Topic Creator
Oh cool. Iv got series 1, 2 and part of 3 and 4. I only need 1 more of 4. I don't read them now, theyr a litlle too under sophisticated for me.
---
#184 Posted: 16:17:08 10/02/2010
I'd like to read more! :3
---
Back from hibernation.
#185 Posted: 03:42:58 11/02/2010 | Topic Creator
Here we go! Btw, this aint the end of the chapter.

STRANDED

They will survive. They just won’t die, I know it. I’ve sent men to help, and I know Argathor and his men will figure something out.

Canterbury Plains, New Zealand

“Stop! We know we can’t outrun them! So we shall make ourselves ready to defend! Formation B, now!” Argathor shouted at his men. Half the group got directly into a V formation around Matt, Simon, Valora and Sophie.. Every second man stood forwards, then shot his hand up in the air. Balling it into a fist, they brought it down on the ground. A wall of rock sprung up from the ground, forming a wall eight feet high. With another slam on the ground, the men and woman in between them were lifted up onto the wall by rising stones from under them. The people still on the ground put their hands out flat then made a cutting motion through the rock, and slits appeared. They drew their bows, and fit an arrow to the string. Pulling it back, they rested it in the slit, ready to fire any second. The men on top of the wall, went into stances, and readied themselves to cast magic.
The other half formed an inner circle around them, with three rings. The first drew close range weapons and pointed them outwards. The second pulled back the strings of their bows and aimed at where the Predators would come from, and lastly, the inner circle went into their magic stance, their hands glowing slightly, at the ready to kill with bolts of magic.
Matt pulled out his long sword, Simon gripped his hammers, Valora whipped out her daggers and Sophie held her scimitar in two hands. They waited; they could hear the rumblings of the Predators getting closer. Time passed, and minutes seemed like hours. The screaming of Predators began, and no-one flinched. Everyone stayed still.
Then, he heard Argathor. “Fire!”
The twangs of arrows being loosed were heard, and Matt heard the collapsing of Predators dying on the ground. He saw the elves and dwarves on the wall fire jets of fire at the Predators, and send shards of deathly sharp ice darting at the crowds of storming Predators.
Flying Predators flew high over the walls, attempting to avoid the deadly rain of arrows. The Predators on the ground began climbing the wall, and the men behind the wall fired their arrows, trying to stop them.
The Predators began coming around the walls and targeting the group inside. Before the men at the wall realized what was happening, three of them were lying dead on the ground. Their blood being spilled on the ground, colouring the grass red. The second ring around them fired their poison tipped arrows and struck them down.
Remembering the poison in her daggers, Valora twisted the cap right and the blade of the dagger went an acid green.
More Predators swarmed them, running over their fallen dead not noticing them. With a single leap, it dodged all arrows, magic and ripped at a dwarf’s head. Tearing at it with its tangled claws. With a flash and jab and the heart, a Predator killed an elf with the tip of his tail. The elf snapped his head back and fell to the ground, his sword jangled as it hit the ground.
The two forces collided with a clang of metal and the crack of bones and cutting of flesh. The elves on the wall were all dead, killed as the Predators swarmed them. The men on the bottom were cornered, ten on one and with a heroic stand they were killed. Many shouts of magic spells were heard as the mages around they cast bolts of lightning, fire and threw stones with such force the Predators were smashed against the wall ten feet away.
The first ring was being worn down, cut down to a mere five men. They slashed and cut like madmen trying to bring down as many Predators as they could be fore they them selves went down.
It wasn’t long until the Predators were attacking the second ring now, with the outer ring obliterated. The second ring was fighting for their lives, and their arrows were discarded, thrown to the ground along with their bows. Twisting around, avoiding dangerous blows to the head they attacked with the upmost fury. The second ring was worn down, and they knew they couldn’t win. Argathor was in the inner ring with them.
“WE’LL HAVE TO DO IT!” He yelled while hacking at a Predator’s hide with his axe then burning a Predator in the face with an up close fireball.
Everyone was dying around them, and the predators were approaching the Guardians. Argathor leapt in front of them to defend them from the oncoming wave of Predators.
“DORNSUN, CAYBOL, UUKSON! SKEVAIO, ON THE COUNT OF THREE!”
The four elves and dwarves surrounded them, then in one last effort they all chanted.
SKEVAIO!”
---
Ice Fire Gold Sparx Gems: 2790
#186 Posted: 04:19:23 11/02/2010
GREAT STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
She pulls up the covers and shivers in fright she hides from the colour that rides on the night
#187 Posted: 04:36:54 11/02/2010 | Topic Creator
thanks! Pure New Zealand brilliance dominates all!
---
karen f Yellow Sparx Gems: 1578
#188 Posted: 04:47:24 11/02/2010
great story i love it!
---
~That akward moment when it seems like your post has made other people want to stop posting...~
#189 Posted: 04:52:22 11/02/2010 | Topic Creator
thanks man, or girl I think would be more appropriate. Anyone want more?
---
#190 Posted: 05:08:08 11/02/2010
Quote: BEST FAN EVER

Yeah go Kiwis!!
---
She pulls up the covers and shivers in fright she hides from the colour that rides on the night
#191 Posted: 05:09:40 11/02/2010

Yeah go Kiwis!!
---
#192 Posted: 05:10:54 11/02/2010 | Topic Creator
lol, double post smilie. Dont worry, i won report you, only losers report double posting!

Who wants more?
---
#193 Posted: 07:38:53 13/02/2010
Oh cool. Iv got series 1, 2 and part of 3 and 4. I only need 1 more of 4. I don't read them now, theyr a litlle too under sophisticated for me.

the's a 4th? *jumps*
#194 Posted: 07:42:26 13/02/2010
i read that chap.

i need to go eat mah dinner noa.
#195 Posted: 08:35:11 13/02/2010 | Topic Creator
oks, have fun with ur dinner. Ill post more 2moro.
---
#196 Posted: 08:37:45 13/02/2010
that was a few minutes ago.... i ate it...
#197 Posted: 08:49:05 13/02/2010 | Topic Creator
Foot hills, New Zealand

The world around the Matt, Simon, Valora and Sophie dissolved in a whirl of bright colours and dark flashes. It felt like you were being pulled apart in every way, Matt’s body felt like it was on fire, then tossed into the coldest of waters. His head pounded and he a pain like no other shot through his leg. Everything was a blur, and he felt like he was not standing on nothing. He gasped as everything came back into focus and he fell to the ground, solid soil felt beneath him.
A few seconds later, he blinked and saw a brilliant golden swirl of light then saw Valora materialize in a tree, trapped in the branches. She was gasping. Simon appeared ten metres away rolling on the ground, groaning and rubbing his back in pain. With a blue and red zap of lightning, Sophie appeared, he clothes torn as she stumbled around hitting the tree Valora was in.
“Oh, that was painful.” Simon said, standing up an everyone heard his back crack.
“I think my legs broken.” Matt said, and noticed every time he tried to move a bolt of agony shot through his knee. Valora with a great yell tumbled through the leaves and thumped to the ground. She stood up, moaning and swearing quietly so nobody heard.
She came to Matt and examined his leg.
“Yup, it’s broken alright. We’ll have to help you walk I’m afraid.”
Sophie snorted. “Walk where?” she said putting her arms out expectantly.
Matt looked at her, fighting back tears. “I’ve still got the map. We could make it through the mountains maybe?”
“With no provisions, sleeping bags or anything?” Sophie said hopelessly.
“Actually,” Simon said. “When we were teleported, I grabbed some things. But they aren’t here… I wonder why.”
As if in answer, a loud crack could be heard behind them and four bags fell out. Simon jogged over and opened up the bags.
“We’ve got a little food,” he held up a bag full of fruit. “water,” there was a bag of bottles full of Flouwan to their great luck. “and blankets.” He shoved the bag full of woven blankets at them, Sophie caught it and pulled them out to see what they were like.
“What’s in the other bag?” Matt asked in between gasps of pain.
“I don’t know…” he dug through the bag and pulled out small stone with ten crystals in it in the shape of arrows. That’s the same… Matt thought.
“Give it here.” Simon passed him the small stone. “No, this is impossible. I invented, I made it up.”
“What is it then?” Valora said impatiently.
“It’s a thing that… It’s our way out of here.” He said with a glint that showed he had a plan. “This has ten crystals right? When one starts glowing, it’ll lead you in the direction of a centaur! He exclaimed, clutching so his knuckles turned white. Simon’s face lit up along with Sophie’s and Valora’s.
“Come on guys,” Simon said confidently. “We can do this!” Each in turn, they nodded slowly. “Well, let’s see where we are.”
Matt dragged himself to the height of the hill. Simon joined him and they saw the Canterbury Plains lay before them. In he far distance, they saw the smouldering ruins of where the battle took place. They could see tiny black specs moving about. They had obviously been victorious over the Alarians.
“They’ll be dead won’t they?” said Valora. No-one answered.
“There’s no time to lose. They didn’t die for nothing, we’ll get to the Mt. Cook base!” Matt declared. “Could I have some help?” Simon and Valora rushed to help up, he put his arms around their shoulders and they started following the stone’s directions. Sophie rolled her eyes and grabbed the four bags and followed them.
The landscape was bare. With only boulders, and various trees every so often. The sun was now rising, giving them a better view of what the land they were travelling on was like.
The grass was long and uncut, it was farmers land. The land had sheep that stared at them as they went past. They finally came to a house when the sun was lowering into a burnt orange sky behind the mountains.
“I’m going in. We’re humans, it’ll be safe.” Sophie said, and all of them agreed instantly.
They came to the front door. It was brown with faded green paint and the edges. It was two stories high, and it didn’t look too well kept. On the deck were two chairs and a small table with a lamp sitting on it. There was a rusty bell hung above the door, they rung it.
“Coming!” yelled a booming voice from inside. A few seconds later, the door creaked open to a show an old man in his late sixties holding a plate of baked beans and he looked at them strangely. He was in a blue and white checked t-shirt with a belt that held up muddy black trousers. He wore giant gumboots that came nearly up to his knees.
“What are you doing?” he said in a very kiwi accent.
“Please, my friend’s leg is broken and we’ve had to walk for days.” Valora said putting on her pity voice that always got sympathy.
“Well, come on in, but I’m going to need a very good explanation. This isn’t normal.” The man said and stepped aside to let them in.
Gratefully, they walked in and helped Matt lie carefully in a chair. The man came in and sat down on another chair, a suspicious look on his face.
“Those clothes aren’t normal. And you look like you’ve been fighting.” Matt made a sideways glance at Simon.
“We’ve had a few incidents.” Simon said.
“Well, we better get you’re friend fixed up. By the way my name is Chris Wilson. Sarah!” he called and a short plump woman came running from down the hall way.
“Yes dear?”
“We need to fix this boy up. He’s got a broken leg. Also, put the kettle on, I think they’ll be here a while.” She nodded and went to do what he asked. “So, now why are you kids up here? You’re a little young to be tramping.”
Matt massaged his leg and the responded to his statement. “Our business is our own.”
---
#198 Posted: 08:51:18 13/02/2010 | Topic Creator
yay, I got bored so i posted it! Thats not da end of da chapter of course. Theres more to come! When asked of course!
---
#199 Posted: 09:09:14 13/02/2010
for some reason, it wouldnt show there was a new post when you posted it. smilie
#200 Posted: 12:17:42 13/02/2010
Awsome! :3
---
Back from hibernation.
First | Previous | Page 4 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me