Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Alarian series, Book 1: Whitecraft (plz comment)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Alarian series, Book 1: Whitecraft (plz comment) [CLOSED]
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#101 Posted: 20:00:58 16/01/2010
Okay. xD

More please. ! smilie
---
Back from hibernation.
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#102 Posted: 20:02:21 16/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Ill post more when i get back from church! The next chapter is "A NEW WORLD"
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
#103 Posted: 20:03:49 16/01/2010
Ok. smilie Yay! smilie
---
Back from hibernation.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#104 Posted: 21:27:17 16/01/2010
awesome. smilie
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#105 Posted: 21:38:52 16/01/2010
AWESOME STORY!!!!!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#106 Posted: 21:39:40 16/01/2010
i need more... NOW! smilie
#107 Posted: 05:23:25 17/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Oks, here we go! Heres a bit more, this is where it really begins...

A NEW WORLD

We did it Whitecraft! It has begun! The eternal war will soon be over! All four of them are safe, and now they just need to hone their abilities and face their destiny.

Morundor, Beneath Christchurch

“This place is incredible!” cried Valora as she walked around, inspired by every inch of the place.
“You think this place is incredible? You wait till you’ve seen Atlantis.” said the elf, smiling broadly in a friendly way. “Oh, I’m terribly sorry. My manners are terrible. My name is Tirunra, I live in the house of Veran and I am your personal guide and protector until you get to Atlantis. Feel free to ask me anything. Tis an honour to serve you.”
Matt had a flash back of his home burning when he saw a dwarf carrying a torch alight walk past him. Tears began to swell up in his eyes again.
“Tirunra, my family, are they…?” Tirunra turned away.
“I’m so sorry, but we couldn’t have got your family out as well. They’re gone.” Matt swallowed and didn’t know what to think.
“Ah! Here they are.” said Tirunra. A group of five or six men and woman were walking towards them. They had long, flowing gowns of silver and gold. All of them had blades either slung at their sides or on their back. Three of them were elderly, with grey beards that were trimmed to perfect shapes. Their uniforms were identical otherwise, black lace boots that reached their knees and leather jackets with a small insignia on the left. One lady had a small headband with a diamond or crystal that hung on her forehead. The oldest of them all, a man they could tell was a war veteran by the scars he bore on his face had symbolic tattoos with patterns and letter of a language they didn’t recognize at all. They strode with long strides, and when they came face to face with them, they saw that the men and woman were unnaturally tall. They had proud, catlike faces even; they seemed to have an aura of power and wisdom. To his great surprise, the six men got on bended knee in front of them.
“You do not know how relieved and honoured to have the revered guardians in our city.” said the oldest man and they stood up. “I am Sinvara, this is Eva, Kiilo, Reduron, Urmura and Maio.” He indicated each of them in turn.
“OK, but why are we revered and what are these ‘guardians’?” asked Valora and a glance of astonishment flickered between the six.
“Of course, we should’ve know you wouldn’t know being humans.”
Matt frowned, and he heard Valora go ‘hmph!’ “Not to worry, all will be explained in time. And may I offer you my deepest regrets about your parents, but God always does things for a reason.” Matt, Simon and Valora shared an awkward look at each other at the word ‘God’.
“Yes, err… thanks. I’m still getting over it. I expect it’ll take me a while.” Matt responded. “So what are we to do?”
“For now,” Reduron stepped forward. “rest, Tirunra will take you to your quarters.” Tirunra nodded curtly. “We will discuss your next steps tomorrow.” They turned away, with a small bow and walked back the way they came from.
Tirunra led them along the marble paved streets, many elves and dwarves took the time to bow and murmur words as they passed. The houses were open, carved out of the stone perfectly. There were no doors, only curtains that either drawn or not. Windows were only holes, no glass or anything and still everything was curved and smooth. No rough edges. Every so often, a lamp with a strange fire that burned in them was hung up, attached to the stone walls.
“What’s in those lamps?” Simon asked intrigued.
“Oh that’s an old trick. It’s the same as the light up on the roof. We call it Hope’s Flame. It is alight as long as good is in the world. I’m afraid it used to be a lot brighter.” said Tirunra with a wind of despair in his voice.
“Right, here we are.” he said happily, turning down one more corner to see a gloriously created house that two wooden doors, the first ones he had seen at the front. It was taller than the other buildings they had seen and looked fit for a king even on the outside. “So, you will stay here tonight. I’ll pick you up at 6am. Also, you might find some familiar faces in there.”
“Wait!” Matt said as Tirunra was walking away swiftly. “I still have many questions.” Tirunra didn’t turn back; it would have to wait until tomorrow.
The three walked inside tired after the day, or night as it must be now and began to look for the beds. The interior was just as magnificent. Varnished, white wooden tables with small shards of quartz in it and a bowl of freshly picked grapes, apples and fruits he had never seen before that looked like white carrots with a large knob on the end. The chairs were small, marble cylinders that had a soft silk covering with paua shells that formed a shining ring around the sides. There were silver taps and a basin on the far wall, with a series of strange implements that Simon supposed were used for cooking. They eventually went up the stairs to find a single room. The room was empty except for five beds with bedside tables. A lamp hung from the roof and there was a balcony to the outside city.
“Matt, Simon, Valora? Is that you?” said a voice like the trickling of rivers from behind them when they were looking out on the balcony. All three of them jumped and spun around. There was Sophie standing in the room. She looked afraid, unsecure but when you looked into her eyes deep enough, you saw a powerful strength that would get her through anything.
“Hey, I see you got here too.” Simon said, trying to sound confident. “Our questions will apparently be answered all tomorrow, so I think we should just get some sleep. Those beds would look comfy to me anytime.” Thy all nodded and sat down on each of the beds.
“Whose is the fifth?” asked Matt curiously. Sophie smiled faintly.
“Sam, my brother. We both woke up here after we were attacked by those predator things, then I don’t know, I kind of used powers. I’m not sure what it was.” Her eyes were clouded with a questioning mist almost.
“You used fire didn’t you?” Matt stated quickly.
“How did you-?”
“I used Air, Simon used Earth, Valora used Water, Fire was the last element, and it’s not hard to figure out. I’m surprised to see you didn’t see it yourselves. Anyway, Simon’s right, we should get some sleep, I’m exhausted.”
With that last word he slumped down on the cloud-like mattress, closed his eyes and let his mind drift…
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
#108 Posted: 18:50:13 17/01/2010 | Topic Creator
theres more to that chapter, ill give it when requested!
---
#109 Posted: 21:35:05 17/01/2010
more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smilie *drools*
#110 Posted: 23:04:07 17/01/2010 | Topic Creator
heres a bit more!

Valora cracked open her eyes to see the dull light of the lamp glowing above her. On her bedside table was a set of linen, well woven silvery blue, metallic shiny clothes. She sat up in bed, the feathers compressing under her. Lifting up the new garments, she found that the suit was a shirt, cut at the elbows, a tunic type skirt thing with decorative patterns running along the bottoms of it and a set of deep blue trousers. Out of the folds fell out a plain silver head band and a sky blue flower. She decided to try on her new uniform. Over the side of her bed she saw a pair of white boots that fitted her perfectly when she slipped her feet in them. Picking all her items up, she walked past Simon to the bathroom to change.
She looked at herself in the mirror, admiring how spectacularly good it actually looked on her. She had not expected anything great. It all fitted her like she was born to wear it. The fabric was soft, smoothed and silky and when she picked it up, it merely slid through your hands sending a tickling sensation down her spine. She walked out, clad in her new outfit. She noticed there were the same uniforms on all of the others tables. Matt had silver and white, Simon had gold and green, Sophie had a rich red and bronze, while Sam who had turned up sometime in the night had a pale grey and green.
A knock was heard at the door, Valora swiftly skipped down the stairs and swung open the door. It was Tirunra.
“Hey, it’s six o’clock, time to get up.” He walked in and grabbed a bell of a hook on the wall. With a great dinging, she listened as the others groaned as the got up. “So, do you like your outfit madam?” still ringing the bell.
“Oh, umm, yes, it’s really fitting and comfortable. Thanks… I guess.” She said, trying desperately not to say anything stupid.
Tirunra began whirling in the kitchen, whipping up mixtures of strange colours and preparing breakfast just time as the rest of them emerged, still drowsy and sat down at the table. All of them were wearing their designated clothes.
Tirunra placed down a heavy plate of circular foods that looked like pancakes. Then putting multiple types of berries, an orange soup like mixture and a bowl of something that looked like cream on the table, he declared, “Well, go on, it’s not poisoned, Eat!”
They all eagerly reached to taste the food put before them. Dipping the pancake food in the creamy dip, they ate delightfully.
Sophie was the first to ask an obvious question. “Tirunra, what is all this anyway?” They all looked at him expectantly.
“Well, it’s simply pancakes, especially whipped strawberry cream, the orange stuff is called Flouwan, and the berries should be self explanatory. The Flouwan is a drink made of crushed Ellion berries and orange juice. The vitamins react with each other to give you an energy burst like no other!” he pointed to each, explaining what each one was.
Valora stopped. A thought had just broken into her mind, and sliced her heart.
“What’s wrong madam?” Tirunra was concerned deeply.
“Firstly, don’t call me madam, just call me Valora. Secondly, my parents don’t know where I am!” she cried. “They’ll be ever so worried.”
An expression of much sadness warped over Tirunra’s face, and Sophie and Simon nodded as they realized they should ask the same question.
“I hope I wouldn’t have to be the one to tell you this. But the same thing happened to your families as what happened to Matt’s here. I’m terrible sorry.” Simon bowed his head, no expression on his face and both Sophie and Valora broke into tears. Matt wrapped his arms around them both to comfort them. When he tried to place his hand on Simon’s shoulder he only shook it of, and walked away, his head still hung low.
Many minutes past before anyone said anything. It was Tirunra who severed the silence.
“I have also brought you these. I don’t know how you got your hands on these artefacts, but these are ancient relics. He pulled out four items from his bag: A ring, a bracelet, a piece of paper and the war hammer that was hung always on Simon’s wall.
“Hey! That’s my ring!” cried Sophie.
“And that’s my bracelet.” Valora said, still sobbing.
“Here is your map you had. You may not know what it is, but I can tell you now, this is indeed something rare.” Simon was picking up the war hammer examining it for anything in the corner.
“How did all these survive the blast? I mean, this is only paper-.” Tirunra cut Matt off.
“That is imbued with many enchantments, including a fire resisting one. This map will lead you to many things.” He walked over to Sophie who was slipping on her ring. “The greatest luck charm ever invented was put on this very ring. We made sure you got it when you were very young. Unfortunately, the words for the spell were lost, and now only this ring that has it cast over it remains.” Leaving her and going to Valora her bent down. “Your bracelet is one of Merlin’s himself. No-one knows its full magical properties, but we know it holds many.” Tirunra pulled up a chair and sat beside Simon, in a quiet voice he said. “Simon, you’re safe here. You would have died had you not come to the reserve. This hammer is extraordinary you know. It was forged by the dwarves’ finest smiths. You may choose to wield it or not, but it was given to you to do as you wish.”
Simon looked up at him and his mouth twitched into the tiniest of smiles then went straight.
The elf got up and clapped to get their attention. “Well, now we have we
have eaten and drunk. The Council of Morundor wishes to meet you, they will answer your questions with what information they have. I will warn you though, little is known about the guardian’s powers. Many of your questions by the guardians themselves… Yes, the guardians.” Matt couldn’t detect the feeling in Tirunra’s voice. Was it apprehension, fear, uncertainty? He accepted that it wasn’t something worth letting his mind settle on.
“What about Sam?” Sophie said.
“He is not a guardian.” He said simply.
---
#111 Posted: 23:09:57 17/01/2010
Keep me in suspence smilie
#112 Posted: 04:16:12 18/01/2010
Awesome story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!%2Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!%2
---
I draw stuff.
#113 Posted: 04:17:16 18/01/2010 | Topic Creator
uhhhh... WHAT did you say??? Or what does it mean? well, do you want more?
---
#114 Posted: 04:21:24 18/01/2010
oh no, the proxy D:
#115 Posted: 04:22:01 18/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Huh? i'm confused at what you guys are all saying
---
#116 Posted: 04:23:01 18/01/2010
she has trouble with a glicth which might be from a proxy.
#117 Posted: 04:25:28 18/01/2010
Quote: Bolt

Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

note the word "proxy" which i dont know about but someone lectured.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:25:41 18/01/2010 by GamingMaster_76
#118 Posted: 16:22:36 18/01/2010
Awsome! More please! I gotta fo mah homework nao. xD
---
Back from hibernation.
#119 Posted: 19:22:34 18/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Oks, here we go! A bit more, also idf anyone's interested. There is a Roleplay based on this book.

Council Chambers, Morundor

All four of them were led to a temple like building, it was dome topped, with stained glass windows. There were no doors, only a single large archway of marble. On the top was a stone tablet that read:

THERE WILL BE FOUR
FRIENDS OF YOUR ENEMIES
DESTINED TO SAVE YOU

“Does that have anything to do with us?” Matt asked. Tirunra grinned broadly and chuckled lightly.
“Oh, that has everything to do with you!” he said. Matt didn’t know if that was good or what. They entered the Council Chambers to see it in all its splendour.
The domed roof had a small hole at the top that was open to as they noticed, not the sky, but only the roof again. A large round glass table was set in the middle, and around that table was a set of twelve chairs. Above each chair was a Hope’s Flame lantern that glowed dimly, representing the little good resisting in the world. On six of the chairs sat the Council members they had met before, wearing new robes and jewellery. Sinvara stood up and lifted his hand in welcome.
“Guardians, welcome to our chambers, here we wish to discuss matters of your transportation to Atlantis and answer what questions you have that we can. Please, take a seat.” He said pointing at the four chairs in front them. Tirunra, you have permission to leave.”
“Yes counsellor.” He made a deep bow, and walked out the room.
“So,” Sinvara said. “At last the new guardians have come and to our first matter.” Sinvara took his seat and addressed them in turn. “Matt, son of Air, Simon, son of earth, Valora, daughter of water and Sophie sun of the flame; to start your training you must go to Atlantis; we do not hold the right facilities here. And it is also there you will meet Whitecraft. I’m sure you will be eager.” Matt grinned slightly and saw the others were merely interested seeing as Atlantis was always thought as a myth in the human world.
“Err… how will we get there? By like dragon riding or something?” said Valora, boy that felt weird saying that she thought. Sinvara craned his head to look at her.
“I was getting to that. No, dragon transportation would be too noticeable. You will be travelling on the ground.”
This time, Simon spoke up. “You mean walk there?”
“Yes, we cannot transport you faster. You must be sly, cunning and stick to the shadows if The Black Mind is to not notice you wandering on the surface. Fifty of our best men will accompany you. All will be spell casters and elites at combat. From here you will go to Duskinvere, which is at the very tip of the North Island. There will be stops of course along the way. Up in Duskinvere, there is a portal there that will be able to take you directly to Atlantis. There are five portals over the world, and we happen to have one here in New Zealand. Actually, it was only installed when we found you four were on the surface above. Another is in Atlantis. In a few days, you must go, and your training will begin to its fullness.”
“What if we don’t want to live in this world? All secluded and hidden away. What if we want to live back in Christchurch?” Sophie squeaked in a small, scared voice.
Umura shook her head with a sigh, her long white hair flipping over her shoulders. “but you won’t will you? Those predators will kill you without a second thought. You know you need and want to be here instead.” Her eyes were fixed on Sophie’s watery blue ones, a strong stare captivating her gaze.
“I defeated the predators before!” she said with an almost complaining tone.
“And you passed out while doing it, if there was even one more predator, you would be dead! Another thing, you only fought the tip of the iceberg. There are millions out there, just waiting for a moment where you let your guard down, and they will kill you without hesitation!” Umara said firmly, closing her hands into fists.
“OK, I’ll stay.” Sophie finally gave in, and Matt saw the Council breath a quick sigh of relief.
“Tirunra will pick you up on Friday, and take you to the gathering point. Our people will pack your belongings, and have them ready for you there by the time you get there. Any questions?” Maio stated, he had a very fast, clear and deep voice. They all shook their heads.
“Now,” Sinvara said gleefully. “What other questions would you like answered, we will tell no lies.”
---
#120 Posted: 20:18:00 18/01/2010
awesome! smilie
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#121 Posted: 22:08:59 18/01/2010
cool.
#122 Posted: 23:53:24 18/01/2010
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
---
I draw stuff.
#123 Posted: 05:09:42 19/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Matt seized the moment. “What are the guardians specifically? We keep on getting addressed as ‘the guardians’ but we have no idea what they are!”
“I thought you’d ask that most definitely.” Reduron began. “There are always four guardians, one for each element. They have the ability to control their elements to an extent impossible to any normal mages or others. They posses many other abilities as well, some being unique to certain guardians such as once, the third group of guardians could contact each other telepathically. We know little of the secrets of the guardians, as they are down by each generation of guardians to the next. Whitecraft will tell you more in much better detail of course.” The four were nodding, understanding parts and trying to comprehend the rest.
“How come there have never been human guardians?” Simon asked. “Or well, not that I know of.”
“Do no worry, you are quite right. You are the very first human guardians. This is indeed a phenomenon that has kept our world bewildered and astounded. We do not how they found out it was you four, that all happened in Orthidian Fortress. If you go there, I’m sure you will find out.” Sinvara finished speaking with a prominent cough.
“Where do our powers come from?” Valora questioned.
“Now that,” Maio sighed and pointed at Valora. “Is one of the greatest mysteries to us all. Only the guardians will ever know. Some say it’s from the air, water earth and heat around us, others say it comes from the Holy Spirit, and some say it’s from the fifth guardian. But that is-.”
“Fifth guardian?” interrupted Matt. “Of what?”
“Oh, it’s nothing but an old legend. Not to worry, you’ll hear the story some time I’m sure.” Sinvara commented, Matt thought it would be better not to persist on the topic.
“Before you go, please feel free to look through our entire archives and library, it’ll tell you about history and everything. I’m terribly sorry, we must be going, urgent matters to attend to.” said Sinvara, walking out the back door. Tirunra walked in at the same time.
“I heard the meeting’s over. Must’ve been interesting, I guess?” he said.
“Oh yes, sort of, not all the information we wanted though.” Matt, felt himself mindlessly wandering towards the stained glass windows to see their stories.
“Tirunra, are those humans?” he whispered, running his finger over men like shapes with swords and bows. They were surrounding a blue dragon, and taunting it. The next slide below it showed a dragon, griffon and elf running down to a tunnel, a parade of humans pursing them.
“It is a memory of what happened, some still blame you humans. But, they rest of us have seen your change, and forgive you. Your kind may have done horrific things to us, which I will not speak of now sir, but the race of humans has changed their ways mostly. The last thing we did before we were forced down here was destroy everything the humans had. Their technology, languages, leadership, everything we could find. Eventually we tried to hunt down the humans that could perform magic or had knowledge of it. We reduced them to what you called ‘cavemen’ and they had to start again. Of course, there were some who escaped us and kept memory of us. They passed the knowledge that dragons and such down to their descendants. Of course, after no-one had seen one of us for so long, we became myths and legends.” Matt had listened intently the whole way through, and he became saddened at what his ancestors had done. It actually made sense, the explanation did.
“Do you mind if we go to the library?” said Sophie, tapping on Tirunra’s shoulder. He spun round, delighted at the question she asked.
“Why of course, there is much knowledge you would find most definitely useful! This way.” Tirunra walked with long strides, his brown boots clicking on the marble floor. He stopped at the exit and then suddenly went right. They followed, jogging to keep up with his quick strides. After turning down a broad road, they came to the grand library.

theres a lot more, if you want please tell me!
---
#124 Posted: 05:18:17 19/01/2010
AWESOME DUDE! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS! smilie
#125 Posted: 05:21:19 19/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Oh its nothing big, they just get some books.

Library, Morundor

Matt entered the glorious monumental library. Hundreds of rows of shelves of ten foot high extended as far as he could see.
“OK, where are meant to find anything here!” exclaimed Simon, while Sophie was just gaping.
“Oh, it’s very simple. You’ve got the dewy number system, we have these things.” Tirunra held up a small torch like object. It had a small blue, glowing light at the tip. There was a flick on switch at the bottom of the rubber grip handle.
“Err… what do you do with it?” said Simon.
“Simple, when the holder turns it on, it makes contact with the mental brainwaves of the person’s mind and reads what they are here for. You place it on your flat palm and it will point towards the perfect book within the library that would be of most use to you. It’s called an Omnieye. They’re dead useful and used all over the world.” Thy all picked up one and flicked the switch on. Letting it rest flat on their palms, they started going towards their destinations.
Simon was drawn towards a series of books about the weapons of the Alarians, he thought it would be better to learn about what kind of weapon he was going to get if his life was to depend on it during battles in the future. The Omnieye stopped beeping when he came to a book titled: Weapons of the Age. He wondered what to do with the Omnieye now he had found what he wanted and as if in answer, it slipped through his fingers and zoomed away towards the table where he got it. He opened the book.
A thin layer of dust dispersed outwards, he blinked to get it out of his eyes and coughed heavily as it drifted into his mouth. Brushing away the rest of the dust, he found the old book had kept its grandeur, colours not faded and the pictures as impressive as ever. He began to read.

Weapons of the Age, by Marinth Goodworth.

So you’re choosing a weapon are you? You need it to be perfect, as your life might depend on it sometime. Do you want it ranged, melee, or even both? Would you prefer bladed, pointed, blunt, or slavic? Everyone has a different style of fighting, and you’re weapon will need to withstand the kind you fight with. Are you are jab and stab, slash and dash, or a Thunder? Here’s your complete guide to getting your weapon right for you.

STEP I: Choose your type
Depending on your fighting style, you must have a certain type of weapon. If you are a jab and stab, you should aim for daggers, small weapons in general, with ranged ones like throwing knives, or the biggest you would have is a short sword. If you’re good enough, the Dominion Glove is formidable weapon on the battlefield.
With being slash and dash…

The writing went on, and Simon was engrossed he never noticed the time passing. It was Tirunra that came to him eventually.
“I’m sorry, but it is time to go. You can get it out if you wish to. Coincidentally, that was the very same book I used when I getting my first weapon.” He tapped a finger on the hilt of his long, silver sword that hung by his side. It had a single ruby attached at the pommel that glittered like purest water you could find. He saw his reflection on its many faces. Closing ‘Weapons of the Age’ he got up and walked alongside Tirunra. In the distance he saw the other three standing idle at the entrance, all holding books under their arms.
“So what did you get?” said Matt to Simon.
“Oh just some weapons book, you?” he responded in kind.
He held up a book by the name of Heroes and Heroics. “I’ve been trying to find more about Whitecraft and what guardians do, but there’s very little information. All it says is that he was the one that received the prophecy about us and it was him who single handed brought down this evil dude called Torius. Then it says all this other irrelevant stuff. I’ll ask Tirunra, hey, Tirunra!” He called to him, who halted and turned to face him.
“Yes sir?” he said attentively.
“Who’s Torius?” A shadow wrapped around his face, and he scowled.
“As you may have read in that book, was it not for Whitecraft, Atlantis would be under the reign of The Black Mind. Torius was his assistant, and nearly just as deadly as him. The Black Mind always has his most loyal followers. Now, it’s just The Black Hand, but it used to be Torius as well. They were a murderous threesome when he was alive, and it seemed we couldn’t win when they were at power. Then out of no-where Whitecraft came, laid waste to Torius in one glorious battle and he slew our enemy. Of course, The Black Hand and Mind are still at large, but we’re most thankful Torius is not.” Matt was nodding, completely blown away by how he had known Whitecraft existed before he had even been here.
“How did we know you existed, or think you did before we actually met you all?” Valora asked, poking into the conversation as Sophie came over and joined them.
“It is still to be explained. No-one knows. We have no idea literally, sorry err...” Tirunra swallowed. “Valora.” He finished answered with a mild shrug.
They arrived back home, everything exactly as they left it.
“You know? I’m going to catch up on some sleep.” said Sophie with a yawn, since they only got like five hours sleep last night. They others seemed to catch it and yawned after her. Stretching their arms, they plodded up to bed and lay down on the fluffy, soft beds that their bodies sunk into.
---
#126 Posted: 05:31:20 19/01/2010
but i had to know.....

so tired. and it's only half past 4. <.>
#127 Posted: 05:32:35 19/01/2010 | Topic Creator
hmm... it 6.30 here. the next chapter is 'THE JOURNEY BEGINS'

hey you wanna look at a contest I put up?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:34:54 19/01/2010 by BEST FAN EVER
#128 Posted: 05:36:52 19/01/2010
sure! smilie
#129 Posted: 05:38:18 19/01/2010 | Topic Creator
well, its a short story comp.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=26222

I dunno if you'd want to join
---
melovecynder22 Blue Sparx Gems: 618
#130 Posted: 15:33:49 19/01/2010
OMG write the next part. i love it like girls like (just a metaphore that would be gross) TWILIGHT
---
I HAVE DIED AND BECAME LEGENDOFZELDA
#131 Posted: 17:15:44 19/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Why thankn you! Ill post more in about 2 hrs
---
#132 Posted: 17:24:22 19/01/2010
Awsome! smilie
---
Back from hibernation.
#133 Posted: 19:10:48 19/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Oks, heres where the real journey begins....

THE JOURNEY BEGINS

Hmm… They know so little. Soon, I must meet them. As happy as this may seem to you, everything has a dark side…

“OK, here’s Atlantis.” pointed out Matt on his map. It was signified by a small semicircle with a trident out of the top. It was beside Japan to their substantial surprise, in the north-west Pacific Ocean, and not in the Atlantic. They were trying to find out more about the geography of where things were in the world.
“Oh, that won’t do.” They recognized Tirunra’s metallic voice behind them. “I’m so sorry; I forgot to cast the renewing spell! Revivo!” he said, placing his hands on the map. “You see, this map was made only an inch after continental drift began. And with all the other old maps, we used that spell to make it move with the times, obviously this map missed out. Now that should make more sense!” The landmasses were moving into all familiar shapes, until it finally resembled the world currently.
“Right, now I’m afraid we must leave. I will come with you to Atlantis, I’ve just been assigned.” Tirunra smiled broadly. He heard Valora groan.
“What’s wrong Valora?” Tirunra asked.
“Oh, nothing, err… never mind.” She answered with a nervous look on her face hoping he hadn’t picked up what she was really groaning about.
“Everything you’ll need is already packed at the gathering point. Shall we go? It’s midday.” Tirunra swept his hand at the open door.
Matt shook his shoulders and neck his cracked sending a shivering sensation down his back. “Yes, of course. Hey guys, let’s go.” They filed out and arrived at the point ten minutes later.
There was a broad collection of faces before them. Young, energetic ones or whether they be wise, weathered ones with deep knowledge. All wore different armour of unique designs, fits and shapes. Some glowed with a faint light, and they all had weapons somewhere on them. Most carried long swords, or a couple of pistols with very thin barrels. Some had massive war hammers slung across their backs or slim bows with a quiver of hundreds of arrows attached at their belts. They looked ready for battle, ready for anything.
“This is Argathor, he’s a war general. He’ll also be leading this party.” Tirunra said, while Matt shook his hand with the short dwarf. He had a firm grip.
“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” His voice was full of experience and echoed with a sound of battle. Matt nodded and flexed his hand as it felt like his bones had just been crushed. “Ah, sorry, I have a very strong hand. Anyways, before we leave, you will have to make some decisions with me.”
“Such as?” Simon said.
“Just for the journey, you will require very runic weapons if we are attacked. Your powers as I have heard, are… limited.” He was definitely trying to not sound disrespectful.
“Don’t be afraid to offend us, we know we can barely do anything.” Matt commented with a small laugh.
“Hmm… yes, well you’ll also need armour. We offer you our best, but it ma not suit your style.” Argathor scratched his nose, thinking hard. “So, shall we do the preparations now?”
Matt shrugged and Simon eagerly jumped in. “By all means, let’s!” he said enthusiastically, as he had always wanted to see their weaponry and use it.
---
#134 Posted: 21:35:20 19/01/2010
Awsome, more please. smilie
---
Back from hibernation.
#135 Posted: 21:35:51 19/01/2010
are you really leaving D:

anyway, awesome as ever smilie
#136 Posted: 21:37:48 19/01/2010
Who, me?
---
Back from hibernation.
#137 Posted: 21:39:44 19/01/2010
no, i think on the ban the person above you for silly reasons thread he said he would leave D:
smilie smilie smilie
BEST FAN EVER!
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN'''''TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU ARRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOONNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OFFFFFFF MMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BEEEEEESSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT FRIEEEEEENNNNNNDDDDSSSSSSS
#138 Posted: 21:40:15 19/01/2010
Okay. D:
---
Back from hibernation.
#139 Posted: 22:06:58 19/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Oh, I'm not going! I just left that thread!
---
#140 Posted: 22:09:56 19/01/2010
oh lol! smilie *whacks self on heaad*

that ban thread is a bad thread though X.X
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:16:02 19/01/2010 by GamingMaster_76
#141 Posted: 15:19:31 20/01/2010
Man im a crack addict for this book. GO ON PLEASE!
---
#142 Posted: 21:35:36 20/01/2010
next chappy please! smilie
#143 Posted: 00:25:57 21/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Here we go! theres a lot more

Armoury, Morundor

They came to the clatter of hammer on anvil, and the heat of steaming furnaces that blew their hair back. Argathor led them past the furnaces and up a set of particularly steep stairs into a huge room with armour pieces hanging on the walls and weapons of incredible design lying still on the glass tables.
A portrait of a stubby dwarf clad in a dirty apron holding a glowing poker in one hand and a silver charred hammer in the other was placed gloriously on the wall. He had a long tangled black beard that hung down to his thick knees and his face was of a genius.
“Who’s that?” Valora asked curiously.
“Now that,” said Argathor grinning and gazing with awe at the picture. “is Argathor the first, an ancestor of mine actually and the greatest dwarf smith ever to be born. Unfortunately, I did not inherit the talent, I’m Argathror the ninth you know.” He bowed his head in respect. “Anyways, I’m not here to show you the dead and gone, we are here to find you a weapon! It is custom that Guardians are to create their own weapons, but we have not the time and so you must temporarily take one you see fit to wield.” He turned round and brushed the sweat from his forehead. “Now would you prefer ranged, melee or what?”
“Oh, melee for me. Preferably something I can move quickly, both blunt and sharp. Maybe, two ended?” Simon piped up immediately. Argathor raised an eyebrow and tipped his head.
“You seem to know a little about weapons, well to fit your description I’ve got these.” He scurried over to a table with a pair of hammers laid down on them. “As you can see, these hammers are blunt with a dagger attached at the end. A little short, but great for a variety of blows whether you want a powerful blunt blow, knock out a few brain cells or quick slicing ones.” He held them up a twirled them round his hands. Making a small demonstration of each kind of attack he handed them to Simon. He accepted them gleefully.
“Also, if you do encounter a situation that requires you to make a ranged attack, chucking them from holding them fro this end,” he indicated the dagger end. “will give it an aerodynamic precision that is perfect for a such demanding situation.”
“Argathor?” Valora fiddled with her short hair. “Could I use a very quick one that s easy to manoeuvre with? Slim weapons with a defensive mechanism that will easy to get at?”
“Hmm… I don’t know, sounds like one of the series of the Gloves weapons. The best I can give you is this.” He handed her set of small daggers. She looked at him like she thought they were pitiful. “I know what you thinking madam, but these boys will keep surprising your enemies. Give them here please.” She gave them back, and he began unscrewing a small silver cap that was on the end. He pulled out a tiny capsule no more than two inches long filled with a light green liquid, it carried a faint odour of rotting meat. “Acid, burns anything. Careful not to touch it. If you twist the cap to the right, the acid will travel through to the blade of the dagger. When you stab it’ll burn your enemy from the inside. Turn it left, you can take it out, refill it, or put it in your enemy’s drink. Very useful, and these daggers are perfect are great for throwing I tell you.” Valora flinched at the ideas of what people can do with these weapons that children like themselves were being handed.
“Now what do you want young lady?” he turned to Sophie.
“Oh! Uhh… I don’t know, I never thought I’d kill people.” Sophie said uncertainly, her voice wavering. Argathor narrowed eyes and growled.
“These predators are nothing but monsters, the world is at no loss!” she nodded slowly.
---
#144 Posted: 00:30:19 21/01/2010
AWESOME 0_0
#145 Posted: 01:18:30 22/01/2010 | Topic Creator
sorry it took me a while to reply...

“Well then I suppose I would do with a light weapon, good distance and sharp with swift deadly damage.” Sophie was trying to sound confident.
Immediately Argathor said ‘ah ha!’ and ran to pick up a long, silver bladed scimitar.
“Perfect for the slash and dealing quick, deadly damage as you wanted. Good to block with and resisting to the elements of God’s given earth in all her cruelty. “How does it feel?” she picked it up and it was surprisingly light. She spun it round a few times, careful not to hit anything.
“Yea, I like it. I’ll use my other hand for fire.”
“Good, so you’re all set. Matt, what would you like sir?” he waited patiently as Matt as thinking of what he wanted.
“Hmm… I saw a big silver ball thing that hit the predators when we were up above and it like threw them fifty feet in the air and killed them as they got impaled on spikes. I really liked that. Is there a weapon that fires bullets like that?” Argathor was murmuring to himself.
“No sorry, I’m afraid not. Well, not here at least. They are a new invention, air compression grenades. Only three pistols or that kind that I know of have been made. Well, do you have a second preference?” Damn, Matt thought and clicked his fingers. He had really wanted one of them.
“How about something like Sophie’s got except a bit more thunderous; something I can hack things with a deal blows, defend easy and give harder blows if I wish?” Matt pretended to swing with a sword to imitate what he wanted. Argathor was nodding.
“You’re going to like the elvish long swords then. Strong, thin, unbreakable and great for what you described. Not quite as fast as Sophie’s scimitar, but you are able to deal hard blows if you wish now.”
Matt ran his fingers lightly along the blade and felt the perfectly smooth, right to the point where he pricked his finger.
“Ouch!” he dropped the sword and sucked on his finger. He tasted blood in his mouth.
“You ‘llright?” said a concerned Simon.
“Ye, I’m fine…” he shook his finger to see a long cut down his index finger; it wasn’t bleeding so much anymore.
Matt noticed that the weapons were extraordinarily light compared to what they had learned in Social Studies at school.
“Argathor?” He turned to answer his question. “Why are they so light? I’ve always head they way heaps.” Argathor looked t him slightly confused.
“Well, they are Alarian made, not human.”
“Right, now we all have weapons, we should be going, my men await our company.” Argathor said and led them out the door.

Theres a lot more
---
#146 Posted: 01:22:07 22/01/2010
i think im to tired to read more for now... the extreme heat is makin me tired...
#147 Posted: 01:22:55 22/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Your lucky with heat, all we got is rain thi summer!
---
#148 Posted: 01:24:42 22/01/2010
i wish it was like that, i hate hot weather! D:
#149 Posted: 22:41:57 24/01/2010
ready for another chappy smilie
#150 Posted: 05:47:37 25/01/2010
MORE!!!!!!!!!! please
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me