Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Who will concede...? [CLOSED]
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#1 Posted: 11:24:05 17/11/2007 | Topic Creator
All those who have played TEN know it, So I will ask the question. Will she concede to the shadows will, or will someone take her place? Lets debate over Cynder's dark fate.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#2 Posted: 11:25:18 17/11/2007
i think she will concede to save spyro...........
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#3 Posted: 12:11:58 17/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Or maybe Spyro will concede to save Cynder, anyone remember "pathetic amity", he probably loves her enough to sacrifice himself for her sake. Then she could swear that she will rescue him and they will both have vengeance on the DM. It would provide an interesting oppurtunity to play as her, that's right, I want to play as her. But I must know, is it too cliche'.
---
#4 Posted: 13:16:47 17/11/2007
^ i love that idea twilight, i would sooooooooo want to play like cynder!!!!!!
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#5 Posted: 17:35:26 17/11/2007
That is a good point Twilight smilie
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#6 Posted: 18:05:52 17/11/2007
I actually believe that Cynder will not end up conceding to the darkness... or at least, not falling into it in a hopeless way.

Fate is a powerful force in the new Spyro canon... but it's not unavoidable.

Say what you will about TEN but...

Although the Chronicler insisted that the Dark Master would return during the Night of Eternal Darkness and that trying to rescue Cynder was a lost cause, he did manage to rescue Cynder, prevent the Dark Master from returning, and actually survived. Although the ending isn't happy, he did manage to one-up fate quite a bit.
Sophia_S_ M Blue Sparx Gems: 997
#7 Posted: 20:08:54 17/11/2007
i have the game,but in gba version don't have anything like this o.õ
---
"Oh Brother."-smilie,TEN
lunyathedragon.deviantart.com
#8 Posted: 22:57:24 17/11/2007
She will have to be saved by spyro, this i'm certain of.
---
#9 Posted: 23:30:19 17/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Umm, they are frozen in time within a crystal in the rubble of Malefor, can you really say they escaped?
Also I've always loved the idea of Spyro sacrificing his freedom and/or his life to save someone he loves, ever since AHT, a wrather stark contrast for that Spyro (remembering I don't believe in the reboot thing but don't start that again please).
---
#10 Posted: 23:38:34 17/11/2007
yeah AHT he was real cocky and self-centered, but now that you mention it, he prolly would 'concede' to save Cynder.
---
#11 Posted: 00:37:59 18/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Hmm, starting off inoccent and anxious to learn, then become cocky and self-centered, then start abusing your power to subdue those around you, after all they cannot hope to stop you, they waited too long for that. Story sound familiar *cough*Dark Master*cough*.
---
#12 Posted: 00:39:33 18/11/2007
OMG!!!! I know whats going to happen!!!!!!!!
---
#13 Posted: 00:54:54 18/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Yay, finally someone got it. Although that depends, what is going to happen SxC. I think that if this series bridges to the next one, the story after AHT will become pretty dark, pretty quickly. Actually if Shadow Legacy comes after AHT then bridging makes even more sense. There are many ways explain Cynder's absence in the later series, I have a bit of a list.
On the subject of concedeing, do you think that, possibly, one of the guardians could fall to the shadow.

P.S. Is anyone else on the forums, not to insult you SxC, it's just I'd like more ideas.
---
#14 Posted: 00:57:11 18/11/2007
yeah there are, they just come on at different times and at different frequencies.

well, i think the DM is spyro's father, so, because his 'evil' energy flows through spyros veins, he also starts to turn evil, and then he becomes a slave to the DM to save cynders life.
---
#15 Posted: 01:21:36 18/11/2007 | Topic Creator
I believe that Spyro is in the DM's bloodline but is not the his son. Again DM exiled about a thousand years ago and trapped in convexity and not alive and so on.

Anywho, gotta go now, C' yal tonight.
*Brother is trying to tip the chair over*
---
Last edited at 01:22:54 18/11/2007 by Twilight
SpyroRox Gold Sparx Gems: 2849
#16 Posted: 01:17:48 23/11/2007
I feel sorry for them... Trapped in crystal with Hunter watching over them... So sad...
---
Holy heckballs it's been a while ww ///
dATumblr
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#17 Posted: 01:26:47 23/11/2007
Yeah. That was sad. And this game was so dang short!!!! I was hoping that they would make the game longer!!!!!
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#18 Posted: 01:31:58 23/11/2007
I KNOW it was even shorter than the last one!!!!
---
#19 Posted: 01:56:37 24/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Darn right it's too short!
Back on topic, I just had a thought, is Spyro gonna defeat (note did not say destroy) the DM out of heroism, spite or revenge. Possibly after defeating the DM, Spyro might actually take the DM's place or something like that and Cynder has to fight Spyro at the end of the game. At least that'd make the game longer.
---
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#20 Posted: 04:16:06 24/11/2007
Or could possibly extend it to a new game after TLOS 3. If Spyro does take the DM's place after defeat, thre could be a sad emotion on Cynder's face and Spyro dissapears into darkness and then an expression of vengance to seek out a way to cure Spyro of the evil. Therefore leading to a game where You play as Cynder smilie
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#21 Posted: 10:44:41 24/11/2007
^ OMG YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!

like after he defeats the DM, he is poisend by evil. then Cynder has to turn him good again!!! *goes awwwwwwwwww* that would be cute!!!
---
Komodo Blue Sparx Gems: 758
#22 Posted: 00:27:37 26/11/2007
Personnaly, I hope she betrays Spyro out of free will... after they, y'know... fall in love. Now that'd make it interesting. smilie
---
I traded my soul for a muffin, and you know what? It was delicious.
#23 Posted: 00:30:36 26/11/2007
^ that would make it interesting!!!!
---
#24 Posted: 00:50:45 26/11/2007
I know! smilie
---
#25 Posted: 02:40:44 26/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Both ways are VERY interesting but somehow I get this feeling that free will isn't really an option when you serve the shadow, either way. Of course I am aware that the DM is acting under free will but he started it all. Actually, come to think of it, is the DM acting under his own free will?
---
#26 Posted: 02:52:35 26/11/2007
Hmm, Well he is a purple dragon, so they are commanded by destiny, but he went against his destiny, so... yeah he has free will. Komodo=Headache
---
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#27 Posted: 02:53:36 26/11/2007
Personally, I don't know what'll happen to Cynder. She's a very interesting character, but I just don't know. I like the idea of Spyro defeating the Dark Master and then being poisoned by evil, thus making him "the new Dark Master" and Cynder having to destroy him or something like that. I think I'll just stick around and voice my opinions (and additions if any come to mind) about what others are thinking of. smilie
#28 Posted: 10:33:21 26/11/2007 | Topic Creator
I'm sticking with my hope of a Cynder saves Spyro chapter in the third TLoS game or a new series, although I prefer it be a large portion of the third game, or perhaps they'll make it a quadrilogy or something. I feel it would add something to the game and of course, make it MUCH longer if you got to play as Cynder. I just love the idea that since Spyro saved her from her shadowy fate, Cynder gets to save Spyro, the prophesised hero and saviour who, from a similiar but worse fate and in the process she, the one nobody trusts, saves the world. In short the one every body thought would save the world is trying to destroy it and the one every body thought would concede to evil save the fallen hero and the world.

Oooh, I'm getting all twitchy with sudden, newfound anticipation for the third TLoS.
---
#29 Posted: 11:15:11 26/11/2007
^ yeah!! great idea Twilight!!! Also, if she saves Spyro, it would give it the perfect chance for him to say that he luvs her.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#30 Posted: 11:24:07 26/11/2007
Quote: Komodo
Personnaly, I hope she betrays Spyro out of free will... after they, y'know... fall in love. Now that'd make it interesting. smilie

That sort of... happened... already... sort of... in the GBA version. But then she double-crosses Gaul after double-crossing Spyro. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#31 Posted: 11:25:25 26/11/2007
yeah, i wonder wot spyro thinks of her now........
---
#32 Posted: 00:59:14 27/11/2007
Yeah, but it would be awesome to see it in full console glory, complete with voice overs!
---
#33 Posted: 11:15:41 27/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Damn straight, Komodo. Oh and thanks SxC, love it that you love it.
Just a side not, anyone know when info first started to appear about TEN, anybody remember?

P.S. three days 'til my 8 week holidays, yahoo (expression not the website).
---
#34 Posted: 11:20:43 27/11/2007
well i first heard of it in August cuz i was on youtube and i saw trailers and stuff, so i'm guessin maybe around may, june.
---
#35 Posted: 11:28:50 27/11/2007 | Topic Creator
I think I first heard about it in april or July, one of those holidays anyways that's not what the topics about, so here's my third TLoS game hopeful outcome eqaution: Spyro+evil=end of the world, then Evil Spyro+ Cynder= world saved by the evil girl, then Good Spyro+hero Cynder=love and kisses and... BABIES!!!
---
#36 Posted: 11:35:55 27/11/2007
^ LOL!!! but yeah that would be sweet.
---
#37 Posted: 01:09:29 28/11/2007
The first official announcement was about May, at Worthplaying.com.
---
Brazilian Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3675
#38 Posted: 13:08:36 02/12/2007
Quote: Twilight
Or maybe Spyro will concede to save Cynder, anyone remember "pathetic amity", he probably loves her enough to sacrifice himself for her sake. Then she could swear that she will rescue him and they will both have vengeance on the DM. It would provide an interesting oppurtunity to play as her, that's right, I want to play as her. But I must know, is it too cliche'.

what's amity? (seriously i dont know)
---
K-Tec, my blog about technology and Royal Bounty, my story about assassins.
#39 Posted: 13:21:22 02/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Amity:
1. friendship; peaceful harmony.
2. mutual understanding and a peaceful relationship, esp. between nations; peace; accord.
---
#40 Posted: 13:26:53 02/12/2007
i know, i was flippin out when i heard that 'miserable amity' thing. I paused the game and instantly went to the dictionary!!! I started going OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! over and over again i was so flippin happy!!!
---
#41 Posted: 13:42:35 02/12/2007 | Topic Creator
It does NOT mean in romantic love, so don't read into it to much. I just thought that Gauls speech was cheesy and cliche'ed and taken right out of the standard bad guy final monologue write down to the classic "kill me if you got the guts" line. I also already knew what amity basically meant so I didn't freak out at all.
---
#42 Posted: 15:12:21 02/12/2007
Reading further into the Chronicler's prediction, she will concede to the DM. Everything the Chtonicler predicted has come true (the DM escaping) so, yeah... smilie
---
#43 Posted: 15:35:01 02/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Coinidence. The events of the past can give you insight into the future if you research them and make comparisons between past and present events to construct likely out comes. Its part of the basic if "If I do this what happens principle". However I get a feeling that Cynder may concede and Spyro will have to save her (again!), although I would find it more interesting if it were the other way around.

P.S. smilie, are are you mocking me, 'cause only my friends are aloud to mock me without consequence (as that black dragon soon found out).
---
Last edited at 15:36:37 02/12/2007 by Twilight
#44 Posted: 16:21:04 02/12/2007
Nope, not mocking you. But the Chronicler did say he got glimpses of the future. I for one, though, hope if Cynder does concede, Spyro will eventually have too fight her, but gets trashed because he can't bring himself too fight her. Just my thoughts though.
---
#45 Posted: 16:26:35 02/12/2007 | Topic Creator
I don't know about that but I do hope someone gets absolutely thrashed. Actually, if Cynder does concede would she be able kill Spyro if the DM gave her such an order.
---
#46 Posted: 16:32:49 02/12/2007
spyro will fight FOR her. like the DM is challenging Spyro, and to make sure that he won't run away, he has Cynder as a hostage. Cuz he knows that he won't leave without her.
---
#47 Posted: 16:35:20 02/12/2007
Well, she would be able to kill him, especially with the DM giving her more power than ever, but would she, that's the matter of debate. She'd probably thrash him awhile, but when it came to the death blow, she'd probably be sly and tell the DM an excuse to keep him alive.
---
#48 Posted: 16:36:22 02/12/2007 | Topic Creator
I wonder if the DM will use Cynder as bargaining chip to get Spyro to fight for him, you know like "Do what I say or I'll torure her again".
---
#49 Posted: 16:40:11 02/12/2007
yep, thats exactly what i was thinking. and like he has BOTH of them captured, so when he tortures her again, he makes Spyro watch. That would tear anyones heart out.
---
#50 Posted: 16:57:43 02/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Can you imagine being forced to do horrific, unspeakable things to your friends and everyone youve ever loved 'cause if you don't your lover will be tortured until you do and you know you must succeed to avoid further torment. A strike to the "heart" hurts more than any physical pain ever could.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me