Page 1 of 1
Something I just noticed... [CLOSED]
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#1 Posted: 23:59:25 14/11/2007 | Topic Creator
This is something I can't believe I didn't notice until now.

Namely, last I know, the Spyro serie is kid-friendly and thus, does not have blood... right?

Well, I just realized something that I'm baffled I didn't notice until now.

In A New Beginning, when you kill Lava Beetles and Lava Worms, they will not disappear in a magical explosion like most enemies. Instead, they explode, sending glowing, gooey innards flying about.

Likewise, in The Eternal Night, Bulb Spiders, Blundertails, and Parasite Beetles will also explode, sending sticky, multi-colored blood flying about.

Personally, I find this quite shocking... although I'm especially shocked to have noticed this way, way after beating both games.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2 Posted: 01:29:21 15/11/2007
I always thought that was weird. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Nayamou Green Sparx Gems: 310
#3 Posted: 07:32:10 15/11/2007
At one point in Munitions Forge, from one of the camera angles, the blood was red.

And the helmet in the Dojo hass little red blotches on it from certain angles.
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#4 Posted: 11:05:59 15/11/2007
You can't honestly stay that passes for gore, it looks more like sticky webby, rainbow glue.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#5 Posted: 11:11:24 15/11/2007
i know, its not like theres goo coming out of their bodys, they do that magic poof thing, then the webby stuff gets everywhere
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 11:40:29 15/11/2007
It's obviously some sort of body fluid... <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#7 Posted: 11:41:32 15/11/2007
but its still more kid-friendly than other types of gore.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#8 Posted: 12:23:30 15/11/2007
Hey, I played Run Like Hell, now that's gore, compared to RLH, this games just a sunny day on the beach in all areas. And of course its bodily fluid, what else would you expect when a bug explodes. Besides, when I was five, I crushed bugs with bricks, lots o "gunk" there and it didn't traumatise me. Atl east not as far as I know. (I hate killing living things now, everything has a right to life. I'm not religious, just careful).
---
Nayamou Green Sparx Gems: 310
#9 Posted: 15:49:27 15/11/2007
It's still blood, like when you smash those things that look kinda like Bulbspiders crossed with mushrooms - probably the egg.

Blood is the only liquid inside someone's body that would splatter everywhere when they die. SEE? THE GOO WHATEVERS ARE BLOOD KTHXBAI

And I wasn't lying about the Magma Worm blood being red at one point. xD
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#10 Posted: 23:23:33 15/11/2007
Well, it's just goo from the bodies. It's not red or anything. But it's not that gorey. Besides, I actually find it quite cool.
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#11 Posted: 23:27:07 15/11/2007
yeah its so funny when it gets stuck on spyro!!!!
---
#12 Posted: 05:21:02 17/11/2007
Too True, a little gore is cool. It's just Spyro keeping up with his fans preferences.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me