Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Dm has to be spyros dad......*spoiler* [CLOSED]
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#1 Posted: 18:11:31 14/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Didnt you notice that the chroncler said the Dm was the first purple dragon?!
Meaning he has to have a son which id say that it would be spyro
And that would ALSO mean that there is more purple dragons alive and just how the heck could that work out?!?!?!?!
TELL ME
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#2 Posted: 18:19:26 14/11/2007
I did notice that. But if he was Spyro's dad, than how come they're alive thousands and thousands of years apart from each other????
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
#3 Posted: 18:24:11 14/11/2007 | Topic Creator
True but...i dont think there is any other purple dragons on earth and he would of had to....since he is the only one...........
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#4 Posted: 18:35:37 14/11/2007
I just met Chronicler in my game smilie And he was fantastic!
The Story about DM and Spyro was very good and pictures were good designed.

And what I think, is that Dragons don't have parents. The eggs are given every twelwth( Did I wrote it right?) year.
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#5 Posted: 20:42:15 14/11/2007
I think the purple dragon is born every ten generations during the Year of the Dragon.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#6 Posted: 22:00:31 14/11/2007
well, think about it we have a hero and a bad guy and a trilogy,

hero+badguy+trilogy= badguy bein hero's father
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
ih8u2s Fodder
#7 Posted: 22:10:01 14/11/2007
They are ten generations apart. Spyro is probably the DM's descendant not his son. It seems that purple dragons occur sort of randomly every like ten or whatever generations, regardless of what scale color their parents had and they can use all breath types.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#8 Posted: 01:36:44 15/11/2007
The DM is the first purple dragon... that has been made clear.

Spyro is A purple dragon. The Chronicler states the DM existed near a thousand years ago.

A big factor in this would have to be whether or not another purple dragon existed between Spyro and the DM. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#9 Posted: 01:53:58 15/11/2007
well i calculated about 60,000 yrs between purple dragons
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#10 Posted: 02:25:32 15/11/2007
Too many... try around 1,000 or so. <.<;
---
#11 Posted: 02:27:20 15/11/2007
yeah, of course it was like 12 at night, so i could be gettin it mixed up
---
#12 Posted: 11:31:22 15/11/2007
The bad guy being the good guys dad is such a tired, boring cliche. I would rather have his father be a previous purple dragon who fell during the wars than that.
By the way, I think a generation is about 25 years in human terms, which are the only terms I know, which would mean about 250 years between purple dragons. That would mean about 3-4 previous purple dragons, one of whom could be his father or mother (don't rule out girls, its very close minded) who could infact still be alive but unable to fight, or is hiding or something.
---
#13 Posted: 11:37:52 15/11/2007
i just read this interview thing on IGN,

the guy they were interviewing said that who spyro's father was 'was the key arc in the story' thats like sooooooo being the DM.
---
#14 Posted: 11:55:36 15/11/2007
Not necessarily, although introducing a new, big, character in the 3rd game would be a bit, errm, difficult. But I do like the idea of meeting another purple dragon, other than the DM. Hey! just thought of something, if the DM was Spyro's father woudn't The Chronicler have told him (I have a bank of good reasons why he woudn't withold that kind of info.) Also, did you read the bit about Krome saying it was the media material calling it a reboot, not them (media material usually done by publishers not developers).
---
Nayamou Green Sparx Gems: 310
#15 Posted: 15:46:08 15/11/2007
Purple dragons aren't genetic. Dx Why else would only one be born ever 100/1,000 years? And the Chronicler said (I don't have the game yet, but I read this) that the DM was alive thousands of years before Spyro. I guess that all purple dragons get killed early in life, because of their bigheaded heroness or is they become corrupted.

Another way to prove that purple dragons aren't genetic: if Spyro and Cynder really ARE siblings. (Sure, it's probably just an error by Amaze, but y'know...) Before you ask, I KNOW one of you emailed Krome. They probably just said that they were siblings to keep you on your toes. Companies do that.
Komodo Blue Sparx Gems: 758
#16 Posted: 21:20:32 15/11/2007
No, the interview never said that, only that who Spyro is and where he comes from is the key arc of the series. Besides, the DM can't be his father because he was sealed away thousands of years ago.

-Komodo out
---
I traded my soul for a muffin, and you know what? It was delicious.
#17 Posted: 21:26:14 15/11/2007
well if not his father, i think that the spirit of the DM flows through the purple dragons veins

kinda like Avatar, the spirits of the past avatars are still there, just not their bodies.
---
#18 Posted: 21:36:51 15/11/2007
I agree completely with "Hir". I think that the DM (Dragon Master) is a relative, but isn't a father to Spyro. I wonder who Spyro's parents are....They've never included them in any of the Spyro video games (except in the Japan version, but it's only a rumor I've heard). In the past games, they've only included Dragon Elders. Hello???? Where are Spyro's parents???? Sure they act like parents, but they aren't actually his real life parents.
---
#19 Posted: 01:24:01 16/11/2007
Quote: SpyroxCynder
well if not his father, i think that the spirit of the DM flows through the purple dragons veins

kinda like Avatar, the spirits of the past avatars are still there, just not their bodies.

That's likely.
---
#20 Posted: 09:32:48 16/11/2007
cuz then like, that would explain why spyro couldn't fight the force that was taking over him, cuz it was A PART of him!!!!! (in the end of TEN)
---
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#21 Posted: 11:53:53 16/11/2007
I don't hope he is! If Spyro has got a father, I hope it would be Ignitus.
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
#22 Posted: 11:55:02 16/11/2007
i know, he does play the 'fatherly' role
---
#23 Posted: 12:21:33 16/11/2007
No, Ignitus would tell Spyro that. There'd be no sense in it.
---
#24 Posted: 05:29:15 17/11/2007
About the purple D's not being genetic, anyone ever heard of recessive genes (eg. DD=normal, Dd=normal, dd=Hybrid *Hybrids cannot reproduce*). Oh heck, this is getting complicated. Either that or it's magic, I prefer the first explaination.
---
#25 Posted: 09:05:54 17/11/2007
Well, a dragon's clutch of eggs is collected for the Year of the Dragon festival. The dragons could look like anything, especially if their parents are never shown.

I think the whole purple dragon thing is kind of like a shiny Pokemon, in a way. I mean, you expect a normal, average Pokemon and out of the blue comes a shiny. Same with purple dragons, only it's every ten generations, but the dragons still don't know who the purple dragon is until it hatches.
#26 Posted: 09:08:58 17/11/2007
well, actually, in the beggining of anb, ignitus puts spyros egg in a special nest FOR the purple dragon, so obviously the egg color has something to do with it.

and yes iv'e learned about reccesive genes, but i don't think krome would bother w/ all of that science
---
#27 Posted: 09:12:45 17/11/2007
I just thought he was taking a gamble, hoping that is WAS the purple dragon. I thought I saw other altars like that for other eggs...
#28 Posted: 09:14:16 17/11/2007
yeah but his had like a canopy and stuff over it.
---
#29 Posted: 09:15:56 17/11/2007
I haven't played aNB in ages and the only thing really on my mind is Beowulf (I went to watch it last night) so that's my excuse. *nodnod*
#30 Posted: 11:16:45 17/11/2007
Spyro could be in the DM's blood line but not be his son ya know. Why not go into detail, genetics are actually quite simple to work , just use a punette square.
---
#31 Posted: 11:26:49 17/11/2007
thats so, like maybe hes his great great great grandfather or something
---
#32 Posted: 11:53:03 17/11/2007
"Maybe someday I’ll be just like you and step on people like you do and run away all the people I thought I knew."
"I remember back then who you were, you used to be calm, used to be strong, used to be generous but you should’ve known that you’d wear out your welcome and now you see how quiet it is all alone."
"I’m so sick of the tension, sick of the hunger, sick of you acting like I owe you this. Find another place to feed your greed, while I find a place to rest."

Quote: Gee, wouldn't you like to know.
That's all I'll say till the next response.
---
Last edited at 11:56:02 17/11/2007 by Twilight
#33 Posted: 17:23:09 07/12/2007
I am dying to know whether or not these facts you're debating about are true!!!! I need to know!!!! I...........WANT............THE..........NEW.............SPYRO...........GAME!!!!
---
#34 Posted: 19:09:47 07/12/2007 | Topic Creator
The one where it tells IS NOT OUT YET
---
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#35 Posted: 19:21:00 07/12/2007
Maybe he is Spyros grandfather!
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#36 Posted: 19:22:00 07/12/2007
I don't think Spyro and the Dark Master are related at all. I'm certain there is a connection/bond between them (especially after the end of TEN), but it is not genetic.

I re-played ANB just yesterday (and I have the cutscenes on hand for backup). Ignitus says that a purple dragon is born every ten generations. If you go by the old games, the Year of the Dragon is possibly every twelve years, so you'd get a new purple dragon every 120 years. Granted, we don't know when the Year of the Dragon is (but it is heavily implied that this is the only time when there are eggs in the Realms), so a generation could be anywhere from twelve to twelve hundred years (hopefully, some of this will be cleared up in the next game).

It's likely that there have been purple dragons between Spyro and the Dark Master. It's only recently (shortly before Spyro's lifetime) that the Dark Master figured out how to free himself from the hole he dug.

Makes me wonder what sorts of adventures all the other purple dragons had... smilie

Also, genetics doesn't seem to play as much of a role in the dragon race as magic does. I suspect that Cynder's true skin color was supposed to be green (unless the female dragons are really that different from the males, but so far all the dragons have had eyes that match their basic skin color and elemental power), but because of the Dark Master's influence, it is now stained black, possibly permanently.

Oh, and one other nail in the coffin of the DM being Spyro's dad: the DM was imprisoned thousands of years before Spyro was born. How is he supposed to create offspring when he doesn't even exist on the corporeal plane? If anyone's going to be revealed as Spyro's dad (again, assuming that dragons even have parents), my money is on Ignitus.
#37 Posted: 23:28:54 07/12/2007
Quote: zacoda1
The one where it tells IS NOT OUT YET

I know. It's just.......I don't know......a hassle to wait and find out about it.
---
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#38 Posted: 00:48:55 08/12/2007
UGH.

The Dark Master ( I can't understand why all of you keep typing "DM"; it's not that hard to type "Dark Master" ) has been sealed in the Mountain of Malefore (or something, I know he was sealed in something) and his followers wanted to resurect him ( Cynder released him in ANB ) on the Night of Eternal Darkness.

As Ignitus has said, a purple dragon is only born every ten generations, which is every ten Year of the Dragons. That means there'll be a purple dragon every 120 years. ( Simply multiply ten and twelve. )

With that, it's not at all likely that the Dark Master is Spyro's father.

And as Razz said, genetics don't seem to play much of a role in this, but it is possible that a dragon could carry a resessive gene of a purple dragon ( one that carries the color, the abilities, ect ). Besides, it seems that all the eggs in the Year of the Dragon are collected for the festivities and whatnot. From what we've seen in the game Year of the Dragon and the cutscences of ANB, all the eggs look basically the same, so no one will know which egg will produce a purple dragon; if at all. The reason I say that is because Ignitus said that a purple dragon can only be produced every ten generations, but he didn't say if it was possible for a purple dragon to be skipped on its Year of the Dragon.

So as far as I can tell, a purple dragon's parents could be pitch black and snow white, hero or villian.

Yeah, me is sick of hearing "DM'S SPY'S DADDY!" and all that shiz.

*EDIT* Anyone else notice is was a bit of a "duh" that the Dark Master was going to be a purple dragon of some sort?
Last edited at 00:50:27 08/12/2007 by Shrazer320
#39 Posted: 03:16:15 08/12/2007
I had a feeling the DM would be something like that, actually I thought he would be a dragon, likely a purple one, about a month or so after I completed ANB.
---
#40 Posted: 05:32:41 08/12/2007
I knew he was going to be a dragon, but it didn't surprise me when he turned out to be a purple one, too.

Also, everyone keep in mind that it is not a given that the dragons even mate in order to make eggs. It could be that when a boy dragon and a girl dragon like each other very much they gather together special crystals and bless them and, viola!, they are now parents. We really don't know.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#41 Posted: 05:40:04 08/12/2007
Quote:
I had a feeling the DM would be something like that, actually I thought he would be a dragon, likely a purple one, about a month or so after I completed ANB.

smilie I dunno when I originally got my feeling.

Quote:
Also, everyone keep in mind that it is not a given that the dragons even mate in order to make eggs. It could be that when a boy dragon and a girl dragon like each other very much they gather together special crystals and bless them and, viola!, they are now parents. We really don't know.

Exactly! The chao in the Sonic series, from what I've been told, there's a kiss, and then an egg comes from no where. oO; So yeah...
#42 Posted: 06:33:45 08/12/2007
I will sum up my response in three words:
WHAT THE HECK!!!!
---
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#43 Posted: 15:06:22 08/12/2007
Well, how can the DM be Spyro's dad? He IS the same colour and everything, but just because they are the same colour, doesn't mean that they HAVE to be related....
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#44 Posted: 15:09:48 08/12/2007
Yeah you guys are right, I'm only going on the whole DM bein Spy's dad cuz the villain is ALWAYS related to the hero. like in KND, father was numba 1's uncle and grandfather was his grandfather.
---
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#45 Posted: 15:21:25 08/12/2007
Cool! You're a green Sparx now! Can't wait til I am! ^ Anyways, are you talking about the show, Kids Next Door? ^
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#46 Posted: 16:50:23 08/12/2007
yep, really cliched
---
Brazilian Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3675
#47 Posted: 16:59:26 08/12/2007
well, back to topic, one generation is like

my grandparents are one generation, my parents are a generation and i am other generation, in the future my sons will be another generation and further
---
K-Tec, my blog about technology and Royal Bounty, my story about assassins.
#48 Posted: 21:37:16 09/12/2007
In my lifetime, I have seen three generations. Generation X was before me, I am in Generation Y, and there is at least one new generation now (possibly two; it's hard to keep track). In the Spyro universe, generations seem to be more clearly defined, at least. They take more time between each one and there isn't overlap, so far as I can tell.
#49 Posted: 00:13:03 10/12/2007
Care to explain that in a little more detail? ;>.>
---
#50 Posted: 00:19:40 10/12/2007
^ HIR, i understood that, and I'm 15..............
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me