Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Apes [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 05:39:39 14/11/2009 | Topic Creator
Why did the Apes hate dragons so much that caused them to be easily manipulated by Malefor and joined forces with him by their hatred for dragons? I heard from Gaul in TEN, that the Apes have suffered while they waited for Malefor to return. Did the dragons did something bad to the Apes before Malefor turned bad, or did the Apes do something that the dragons didn't approve? Either way, the Apes hate dragons.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ivanus777 Gold Sparx Gems: 2080
#2 Posted: 09:58:07 14/11/2009
Well that what gaul said puzzled me too, but since it seems that apes were mercenaries they could have harmed the dragons, or the dragons seeing apes as corrupt decided to somehow punish them, either way there's too few informations regarding this matter, so i'm afraid that we won't find the answer so soon
---
Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it, those who do are forced to watch others repeat it.
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#3 Posted: 18:46:35 14/11/2009
Something tells me they didn't actually know he wasa dragon... I dunno why, it seems unlikely but I think none of them never sdaw him personally maybe or he convinced him he wasn't like the other dragons?
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#4 Posted: 22:00:35 14/11/2009
They were all sados and had nothin better to do.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#5 Posted: 23:46:53 14/11/2009
I theorized that the apes had at one time been a great race who lived in peace alongside dragons until Malefor came. He started a war and the entire ape species was wiped out by dragonkind. Gaul took what few refugees he could find and tried to get them away from the dragons but Malefor, now exiled, found them and tricked them into siding with him. When Malefor killed all the apes, he used Gaul's grief against him and tricked the ape into becoming his servant and creating false apes from gems and lost ape spirits.

The real reason is that primates are ugly and the LoS producers couldn't think up any good reason for apes to be the bad guys so they just were. smilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#6 Posted: 23:52:32 14/11/2009
Maybe the next LoS universe game could be a prequel of sorts to explain stuff like this. Kinda like with Castlevania III. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#7 Posted: 00:01:01 15/11/2009
razz, it explains that Maefor made them from a certain crystal like genanite or something that is also the energy source of dragons.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#8 Posted: 01:45:01 15/11/2009
Man, I hope not. Malefor was lame enough as it is. I doubt they'd make him any better in a prequel and the LoS arc needs to be over with.

I dealt a bit with the whole concept of using gems to create life in the Cynder 100 series.

"Red for the life's blood. Blue to bind the spirit. Green to hold the magic and the power."

Combining all three gem types and using some of Malefor's dark powers, Gaul was able to create false apes under the Dark Master's orders (at that point, he was a slave himself). Over time, some of these forbidden uses of gems spread to other sentient creatures or leaked into the natural world, which is why you get gems out of fallen foes (though I always figured that most of the life on this planet is based around gems; the big gem clusters are likely the remains of dead dragons).

It's fun applying game mechanics that are taken for granted to stories. smilie
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9603
#9 Posted: 01:48:39 15/11/2009
Quote: Razz
Man, I hope not. Malefor was lame enough as it is. I doubt they'd make him any better in a prequel and the LoS arc needs to be over with.

I dealt a bit with the whole concept of using gems to create life in the Cynder 100 series.

"Red for the life's blood. Blue to bind the spirit. Green to hold the magic and the power."

Combining all three gem types and using some of Malefor's dark powers, Gaul was able to create false apes under the Dark Master's orders (at that point, he was a slave himself). Over time, some of these forbidden uses of gems spread to other sentient creatures or leaked into the natural world, which is why you get gems out of fallen foes (though I always figured that most of the life on this planet is based around gems; the big gem clusters are likely the remains of dead dragons).

It's fun applying game mechanics that are taken for granted to stories. smilie

Well, you seem to be good at making up things that make sense.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#10 Posted: 09:46:35 15/11/2009
Yet again they're all theories. Also, all of them look like some kind of Football player due to their over buffed shoulders.

Quote: Ice Dragoness
They were all sados and had nothin better to do.

LOLOLOL. Best thing ever said.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me