darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night > Do u think dat this is the best 1 in the series?
Page 1 of 1
Do u think dat this is the best 1 in the series? [CLOSED]
Spyro girl Fodder
#1 Posted: 01:01:07 12/11/2007
Do u think dat this is the best 1 in the series?I think dat this 1 is REALLY REALLY good.I think dat it is the 3rd best in the series.
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#2 Posted: 01:08:21 12/11/2007
I haven't played it yet (and still won't for another 6 weeks), but I have to admit, it's going to take a lot of "oomph" to beat Ripto's Rage in the wow factor. I dug what happened with A New Beginning and see that as among the highlights of the post-Insomniac game titles, so that could be a factor on my enjoyment of The Eternal Night as well.
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#3 Posted: 03:59:03 12/11/2007
I personally feel that a new beginning was better because it was original but TEN is just a rehash and, if close attention is payed, the story line is actually very similiar to that of ANB in that you are still chasing Cynder, though for different reasons, and you end up stopping the dark master again under very similiar circumstances.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#4 Posted: 03:59:56 12/11/2007
I personally feel that a new beginning was better because it was original but TEN is just a rehash and, if close attention is payed, the story line is actually very similiar to that of ANB in that you are still chasing Cynder, though for different reasons, and you end up stopping the dark master again under very similiar circumstances.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#5 Posted: 05:08:36 12/11/2007
Actually, I thought The Eternal Night was much better. There's more focus on the platforming part, secrets to find, the difficulty is much higher, and the abilities you're given are overall more interesting. There's more variety in the enemies and the levels, too.

True, TEN does have its low points. Namely, although the levels are a MAJOR upgrade from ANB, it's not so much the case for the bosses unfortunately (on the Wii/DS anyway. The GBA ones are fantastic in my opinion). Also, although there's better post-game extras than ANB (Dragon Challenges), I find it too bad that it doesn't offer more Dragon Challenges and that the Hard mode is exclusive to the GBA version (the Hard mode nearly double the GBA version's longevity... and by the way, it's a proper Hard mode, not a lame "you take more damage, they take less" Hard mode).

As for the plot, I felt that TEN had so many more plot twists and was feeling overall more mysterious and darker. I found it actually a big deal more convincing and less cheesy in its execution than ANB's.

Overall, for me, it was the best Spyro game so far... although results might vary.
Last edited at 05:09:44 12/11/2007 by Zerodius
Spyro girl Fodder
#6 Posted: 13:31:19 12/11/2007
Spyro The Eternal Night is alot better then A New Beginning.But A New Beginning is good.
Anonymous Fodder
#7 Posted: 17:20:45 12/11/2007
My only complaint with The Eternal Night is that almost all enemies are rehashes of ANB enemies with some new ability (the only exceptions being the Snail Riders, the dogs and the orb-spiders from the Celestial Caves, which I think were made from scratch).
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#8 Posted: 17:26:03 12/11/2007
well, the enemies are the same because cynder forces in ANB were fromed by the DM.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Anonymous Fodder
#9 Posted: 21:17:14 12/11/2007
Quote: SpyroxCynder
well, the enemies are the same because cynder forces in ANB were fromed by the DM.

That does make sense as long as we're talking about the monkey army, but what about the frogweeds, the spiders, the growths, the trolls, the ghouls et cetera? The truth is, they were just too lazy to add some new enemy models to the game.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#10 Posted: 21:21:35 12/11/2007
well the spiders and frogweeds are the same cuz you're in the same swamp area
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#11 Posted: 21:54:16 12/11/2007
This game was very good. However, YotD and GTG are still the top two games, in my opinion. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me