Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Who dies in the third game? [CLOSED]
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#1 Posted: 16:19:18 11/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Do you think someone will die in the third game (one of the good guys) and if so who?
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#2 Posted: 16:27:07 11/11/2007
prolly cynder, *sniffles* then spyro has to avenge her, and when he does, she comes back to life!!!
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#3 Posted: 16:38:44 11/11/2007
We don't know for sure if someone is going to die in the next game. But if some of the good one dies, I sure hope it not is Ignitus!
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
#4 Posted: 16:41:25 11/11/2007 | Topic Creator
I should mention that if someone dies never rule out resurrection.
---
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#5 Posted: 16:46:09 11/11/2007
I hope that is not Ignitus, but it is Ignitus, if someone.
Hopefully nobody of good guys smilie
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
#6 Posted: 17:04:16 11/11/2007
i know THE DM!!!!
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Glass Gryphon Gold Sparx Gems: 2686
#7 Posted: 17:04:47 11/11/2007
All of the bad guys! *bricked*. Well, I never thought that someone will die but, call me crazy, Spyro always pops out in my head when I hear these "who will die" questions. Either him or Ignitus. I don't know, I think I think he will die. Since I'm always killing important good guys in my fiction, that would be one reason. Also I think, somehow, Ignitus is going to sacrafice himself o.o
*inb4omgnowai's*
---
¡¡I love exclamation points!!
Last edited at 17:29:21 11/11/2007 by Glass Gryphon
#8 Posted: 17:18:43 11/11/2007 | Topic Creator
I know the DM dies (or does he?), I meant good guys. Personally I think Spyro (and Ignitus) will die and I also have a theory of how that can bridge onto the original series (reincarnation or ressurection, lost past, that kind of thing).
---
Last edited at 17:19:56 11/11/2007 by Twilight
#9 Posted: 17:18:49 11/11/2007
yeah, like he could 'hold off the attacking army' while the others make thier escape!! ooooooo.
---
Nayamou Green Sparx Gems: 310
#10 Posted: 17:44:43 11/11/2007
One of the Guardians, probably. Or Cynder.
#11 Posted: 17:47:32 11/11/2007
if cynder dies, i'll scream!!! they can't kill the girlfriend of spyro!!! or else i'll eat my foot!! (does this sound familiar??)
---
SpyroGirl101 Green Sparx Gems: 492
#12 Posted: 17:49:47 11/11/2007
Actually, we have recently discovered that Spyro and Cynder are siblings by e-mailing Krome.
#13 Posted: 17:53:50 11/11/2007
WHAT!!! for which console??????
---
#14 Posted: 18:10:09 11/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Holy C**p, that's my FF idea down the drain, unless...
If someone is reincarnated are they still a sibling to any surviving relatives.

Hey wait a sec, I read an IGN interview or something that said that Spyro was crushin on Cynder.
Yeah, that's almost exactly what it said. (Don't ask me for URL, I found it in september and I can't remember it now, I'll be looking though).

On the other hand Ember's got less competition now (possibly, hopefully not).
---
Last edited at 18:13:03 11/11/2007 by Twilight
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#15 Posted: 18:31:17 11/11/2007
Quote: SpyroGirl101
Actually, we have recently discovered that Spyro and Cynder are siblings by e-mailing Krome.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

That's ridiculous! If that was true, my fan fiction would be right about the two being siblings!

And about the dying thing, it would definitely be Spyro. Then there'd be a portion of some level played in this "after death realm". And when you finished it, Spyro would ultimately be brought back to life somehow. <.<;

Or Cynder... she'd sacrifice herself to save Spyro from the Dark Master's finishing attack. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#16 Posted: 18:36:36 11/11/2007
Quote: SpyroxCynder
WHAT!!! for which console??????

All of them. If you don't believe me, e-mail krome at www.kromestudios.com and watch this video and read the words carefully.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hKVl2PhHp_Y
#17 Posted: 18:38:55 11/11/2007
yeah, thats in my fan fiction (about cynder sacrificing herself)

like, the dark master has spyro and cynder surrounded, and so she says...

cynder- 'take me, just let them go.'
spyro- 'cynder! don't! we can do this!'
cynder- 'no we can't spyro. look around you.'

then she leans in and whispers something to him.
'i will always love you, spyro'

and then she walks into the clutches of the DM with little tears in her eyes. and spyro, a brave, if niaive, dragon, blinks his eyes as one, fat tear squeezes out......
---
#18 Posted: 18:41:11 11/11/2007
...That's reasonable proof.
Which means, I get to do the "I was right... again" dance!

^.^ <.< v.v >.> <.> ^.^ ^__^!
---
#19 Posted: 18:41:56 11/11/2007
Getcha groove on!!!!!
#20 Posted: 18:50:40 11/11/2007
okay, in the console games aka ps2, gaul says this
yes you have been quite elusive, had i but known all it would have taken was your miserable amity for cynder.
sparx-psss whats amity?
gaul- so tragic really, that SHE should be the one to destroy you!!

i looked it up, and amity means closeness, which means intamacy, so spyro likes cynder.
---
#21 Posted: 18:55:44 11/11/2007 | Topic Creator
I believe this topic is about who may or may not die in the third game, not a debate about familial ties.
---
Nayamou Green Sparx Gems: 310
#22 Posted: 19:01:56 11/11/2007
I think it's just the GBA version, it mentions it directly.

Either that or Krome likes incest.
#23 Posted: 19:05:17 11/11/2007
^gosh, soda came out of my nose when i read that
---
#24 Posted: 19:06:26 11/11/2007
okay, in the console games aka ps2, gaul says this
yes you have been quite elusive, had i but known all it would have taken was your miserable amity for cynder.
sparx-psss whats amity?
gaul- so tragic really, that SHE should be the one to destroy you!!

i looked it up, and amity means closeness, which means intamacy, so spyro likes cynder.

Well, wouldn't you love your sister and want to save her if she was in trouble? By the way at the end of the game, Cynder tells Spyro "You are among friends" instead of you are among family. Krome says this will be explained in the next LOS game and Spyro and Cynder are in fact brother and sister. Also, perhaps Spyro won't know Cynder is his sister until the next game.
Last edited at 19:07:40 11/11/2007 by SpyroGirl101
#25 Posted: 19:09:58 11/11/2007
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! this can't be!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries, messing up her brownies*
---
#26 Posted: 19:20:56 11/11/2007
anyone know the e-mail address to krome??
---
#27 Posted: 19:22:37 11/11/2007 | Topic Creator
I have made another topic for this "Cynder is Spyro's sister?".
Let me put this quick terms here: Death here, Love there.
---
#28 Posted: 19:31:27 11/11/2007
anyone know the e-mail address to krome??

Just go to www.kromestudios.com and at the bottom of the home page it says contact.
#29 Posted: 19:47:03 11/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Back on topic, I've decided on a list of characters in order from most likely to die to least likely:

1. Cynder (sorry SpyroxCynder)
2. Ignitus
3. Spyro
4. Guardians
5. other character (possibly not yet revealed)
6. Hunter (near impossible)

Cynder is a natural first choice because of her disposition and she would likely take a killing hit for spyro, Ignitus 2nd becuase he would also willingly take a killing blow for spyro ( and possibly Cynder as well), Spyro 3rd because he's the hero and lets face it, alot of people hate him and the rest ave reasons too but I can't be bothered writing it now.
---
Last edited at 19:48:06 11/11/2007 by Twilight
spyro_lover17 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1398
#30 Posted: 21:34:08 11/11/2007
i think Spyro might *no more Spyro smilie*
#31 Posted: 22:07:54 11/11/2007
What makes you think anyone will die in this game? Where did you hear about it?
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#32 Posted: 22:21:40 11/11/2007
Personally, I do not think anyone will die in the third game.

That rumor begun because of well... I dunno, a nut somewhere who thought it would be cool to use one of the oldest, most overused cliches around (character sacrifice) at the end of the serie.

Then, this spreaded a whole wave of fear and paronoia, leaving to threads such as this one.

My honest opinion?

I do not think anyone will die.

As for the siblings issue... I think that guy who spoke about an e-mail lied because that if such was the case... then why did the creators of the GBA version admitted officially that Spyro and Cynder being siblings in the GBA version is a MISTAKE and that they're NOT siblings in the canon timeline?

Just think about it. If Spyro and Cynder were truly meant to be siblings, then why is confirming this fact inside of the games a mistake?

That was my opinion on the matter.
Last edited at 22:22:36 11/11/2007 by Zerodius
#33 Posted: 00:28:28 12/11/2007
Or... it JUST applies to the GBA version, which I think would be the most logical medium between these two extremes. <.<;
---
#34 Posted: 01:15:57 12/11/2007
I don't know what to believe. I'm confused smilie
#35 Posted: 03:20:22 12/11/2007
Quote: Twilight
Back on topic, I've decided on a list of characters in order from most likely to die to least likely:

1. Cynder (sorry SpyroxCynder)
2. Ignitus
3. Spyro
4. Guardians
5. other character (possibly not yet revealed)
6. Hunter (near impossible)

if cynder does 'die', then she will prolly be revived, somehow, by spyro.....
---
Last edited at 03:21:08 12/11/2007 by SpyroxCynder
#36 Posted: 03:54:30 12/11/2007 | Topic Creator
I did not read any rumours about characters dieing in the game and I never said anyone will die (at least not intentionally) I just posted this out of interest. Besides in this series the most likely circumstance will be that a character is attacked or barells off a cliff or something and everyone assumes their dead when infact they are still alive.
---
Arctic Twilight Green Sparx Gems: 379
#37 Posted: 03:58:48 12/11/2007
Personally I believe that no characters are likely to die, ever, (well permanently any way) because it is not kid friendly. Understandably this game may be played by hardcore fantasy lovers, such as you brother twilight, but let us not forget that the true audience of this game series was, is and always will be, children and children don't like death. There in lies your personal reality check.

Meaning: Death will never take any real foreground postion within the story of this game series, apart from killing those bloody monkey things of course and the inevitable downfall of the Dark Master. Then again I know that they will find some way to sugar coat that too.

I may be new here but common knowledge should tell you that Krome studios wouldn't dare kill anyone, it's just not good for market value and audience appeal.

I leave it at that.
---
DVD collection recently expanded to three: smilieRatatouillesmilie!
I luv possums and rats!!!
Btw Crash and Eddie still rule!!!
#38 Posted: 04:10:03 12/11/2007
you do have a point there AT, kids don't want to see spyro dead.
---
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#39 Posted: 04:59:28 12/11/2007
On one hand, it is true that Spyro is certainly not a hardcore serie... but on another hand, the new games are definitely not solely kid-friendly.

Considering they're still kid-friendly games, the new games are amazingly dark and have a near-apocalyptic atmosphere to them. They also have a strong, oppressive "fate > you" feel to them that is very uncommon for kid-friendly games (which usually have, on the contrary, a strong, almost ridiculous "anyone can do anything" message most of the time). Oh and unlike most kid-friendly games, there's actually a lot of deaths and death-talk (most notably, Gaul is not simply defeated. He is downright killed and in a surprisingly violent way for a kid-friendly game. True, no blood... but it's not the near-off-screen villain death kid-friendly games usually give you either).

I'm not denying that the games aren't very hardcore ; there is no blood, character death is quite minimal, and it doesn't fall into melo-drama. But still, one shouldn't dismiss the new games as uber sugar candy happy land either.
Last edited at 05:02:43 12/11/2007 by Zerodius
#40 Posted: 05:33:48 12/11/2007
^ true but still, too kid-friendly for spyro or cynder to die......
---
#41 Posted: 05:47:25 12/11/2007
Aplogies concerning the double post, I suspect that the server lagged but I only clicked submit once so lag doesn't quite explain it.

Anyway I do agree that the legend of spyo series is not your usual sweet dental nightmare, and I am willing to grant the fact that the games are surprisingly dark for children orientated entertainment, but the 'death talk' is actually very minimal and is kept at a very superficial level.

I just don't think that any 'good guys' are going to die, and knowing many other games of similare to this series, they may not even kill the Dark Master although I really do hope that they do.

Twilight, no matter what you say, no matter what you may think I agree with eveyone here who believes that no one important is in for eternal rest.
---
#42 Posted: 10:15:00 12/11/2007 | Topic Creator
The above post was me, my bro and I share a computer and the idiot forgot to log out.
---
#43 Posted: 10:18:20 12/11/2007
i was wondering about that!! Schitzophrenic on the loose!! JK.

love your sig twilight.

also, i don't think that spyro or cynder will die, it will most likely be one of the gaurdians, whom spyro looks up too, and so he'll be determined to avenge him.
---
#44 Posted: 10:57:20 12/11/2007 | Topic Creator
"I used to be my own protection / but not now
cause my path has lost direction / somehow
a black wind took you away / from sight
and held the darkness over day / that night
and the clouds above move closer, looking so dissatisfied
and the ground below grew colder, as they put you down inside
but the heartless wind kept blowing, blowing
so now you're gone and I was wrong
I never knew what it was like to be alone - on a valentines day"

- Valentines Day, Linkin Park.
Why should I talk when someone else can say it better?

BTW, You'll find my sig changes frequently, depends on who I feel like describing with a song qoute (Spyro characters that is).
---
Last edited at 11:02:50 12/11/2007 by Twilight
#45 Posted: 11:00:12 12/11/2007
^ *sniff* so sad!!!
---
#46 Posted: 11:18:08 12/11/2007 | Topic Creator
who do you think the song's for in my mind? (spyro character/s), sig or post.
---
#47 Posted: 11:20:25 12/11/2007
it cynder siging to spyro!!!!!!
---
#48 Posted: 11:39:54 12/11/2007
Quote: Twilight
who do you think the song's for in my mind? (spyro character/s), sig or post.

Simple, brother, that is a character theme song for our fanfiction, you must remember how hard it is for me to write that thing when I am truly a fan of Ice Age.; grrr okay I like Spyro too, but fanfic ideas do not present themselves as readily for me.
Anyway I assume that would represent Cynder if Spyro were to die, or maybe Spyro if Cynder were to do die, (or fall to the temptation of the shadow, knowing your twisted mind).
I will admit though that there are a variety of different songs from which I am sure that you will quote, and I look forward to seeing if anyone else here has interesting songs of mourning that they would like to hear in a Spyro game.

BTW, "With hands held high into the sky so blue/
as the ocean opens up to swallow you
Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen"

Repeat that several times and you've got the end of Linkin park's "Hands Held High." God I love the final two lines of that song.
---
#49 Posted: 11:50:47 12/11/2007
i have a song of cynder singing to spyro on my deviant.

here it is

I’ve fallen to earth,
And I’m lost in this strange world,
Won’t you come and guide me.

The signs are all strange,
And I think something’s changed,
But I can’t figure it out…

Chorus
The sparkle in your eye,
Glimmers like the stars in the sky,
And I think that I’ve just fallen for you
--------------
I am so confused,
About my feelings for you
But I am trying to sort them out

But the things that you say,
Change every day,
And it’s becoming difficult

Chorus

Bridge
So tell me why,
Why you gave me that smile,
Why you kissed me that day,
‘Cause I have no clue,
About what’s going on in that head of yours
So you need to explain to me…

Chorus x2

I had fallen to earth,
And I was lost in this strange world,
But I think,
I’ve just found my place.

altho its not a song of mourning, it could easily be changed into one if spyro died, altho if he did, he would be revived, obviously.
---
#50 Posted: 13:02:27 12/11/2007
Quote: Zerodius
On one hand, it is true that Spyro is certainly not a hardcore serie... but on another hand, the new games are definitely not solely kid-friendly.

Considering they're still kid-friendly games, the new games are amazingly dark and have a near-apocalyptic atmosphere to them. They also have a strong, oppressive "fate > you" feel to them that is very uncommon for kid-friendly games (which usually have, on the contrary, a strong, almost ridiculous "anyone can do anything" message most of the time). Oh and unlike most kid-friendly games, there's actually a lot of deaths and death-talk (most notably, Gaul is not simply defeated. He is downright killed and in a surprisingly violent way for a kid-friendly game. True, no blood... but it's not the near-off-screen villain death kid-friendly games usually give you either).

I'm not denying that the games aren't very hardcore ; there is no blood, character death is quite minimal, and it doesn't fall into melo-drama. But still, one shouldn't dismiss the new games as uber sugar candy happy land either.

One example of such non-kid-friend violence is in the games opening level. There are two points when we see the Mutant Swamp Spiders EAT the Raid Soldiers! Thought there wasn't any blood, that's still quite violent. <.<;
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me