darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night > What do you consider to be the hardest boss in the Eternal Night?
Page 1 of 1
What do you consider to be the hardest boss in the Eternal Night? [CLOSED]
SpyroGamer Fodder
#1 Posted: 18:19:35 05/11/2007
I have to go with Gaul on this one. He took me about one hour to beat. And when I finished his first level of power, I thought I was done. Nope. Turns out he had 2 more levels of power. It took me even longer to finish his second level of power compared to his first level of power. Gaul has got to be one of my top 5 bosses in Spyro that took forever to beat, ranking #2. (The #1 boss that was hard for me to beat was the flying dude in the Year Of The Dragon Game. HE WAS HARD!!!!) And, on a side note, Cynder in The Legend Of Spyro: A New Beginning wasn't as hard as Gaul was. I took about 45 minutes battling her before I finally beat her. Well, anyways, please comment.
Dragginwings Gold Sparx Gems: 2279
#2 Posted: 18:41:35 05/11/2007
I thought Gual was easy. But the hardest one? Hmmm.... Definately Ravage Rider.
Glass Gryphon Gold Sparx Gems: 2686
#3 Posted: 21:50:19 05/11/2007
That Arborick annoyed me very much. ¬¬;. I was going crazy screaming at the t.v., both English and Spanish (no swears though). Second would be the Elemental Dragon if it counts as a boss.
---
¡¡I love exclamation points!!
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#4 Posted: 22:02:39 05/11/2007
Gaul on the GBA version is definitely one of the most brutal bosses in a Spyro game... especially on hard mode where he has no less than four forms (technically five but the fifth is really easy).

On the Wii/PS2, Gaul is still the hardest boss... but he was a bit disappointing ; due to infinite magic gems, you could "cheap" your way out of the second fight. Technically, I found him easier than Steam from ANB (but then, Steam is an evil, evil machine with 4 health layers) but as far as console Legend of Spyro bosses go, Gaul is actually pretty hard.

Oh and... yes, the Elemental Dragon count ; it's the big boss of stage 4 (Celestial Caves).
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 22:51:42 05/11/2007
Hmm... in all... I'd have to say Skabb, Scratch and Sniff in the Pirate Fleet... because I died THREE... count 'em THREE times. I only died twice on Gaul's first form, twice on Arborick, and once on the Elemental Dragon. But on my recent second completion, I went death-free with all the bosses! ^__^
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#6 Posted: 22:59:49 05/11/2007
Well id have to say gaul but if ravage rider runs over you when he goes through the middle your dead...
I beat elemental dragon on the first try with no problem >.>
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
kyle katarn Green Sparx Gems: 172
#7 Posted: 21:05:32 06/11/2007
i think ravage rider because i died like a milion times but i have gaul left so we will see wich one ho is the hardest
---
spyro the dragon 2 rocks
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#8 Posted: 14:42:45 07/11/2007
I'm on that part where you have to escape from pirate ships...
And the most annoying boss to this was the ravage rider.
The first healt meter was easy but the second is harder. In harder part I used Dragon Time smilie
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
SpyroGamer Fodder
#9 Posted: 16:16:20 07/11/2007
Quote: kyle katarn
i think ravage rider because i died like a milion times but i have gaul left so we will see wich one ho is the hardest

For all of you having trouble on the bosses in this game. "Hir's" made a boss guide. It's pretty conveinent. It even helped me get through Gaul (even though he was super hard to beat). Aside from this, I think the Ravage Rider is the 2nd hardest boss in this game.
kyle katarn Green Sparx Gems: 172
#10 Posted: 17:34:04 07/11/2007
i am at Gaul right now i beat the first part om y third try but i didnt manage the next part so i just stopped playing but serriously gaul isnt that hard like ravage rider!
---
spyro the dragon 2 rocks
me Fodder
#11 Posted: 23:01:13 07/11/2007
aroborik for sure.
theeternalnight Green Sparx Gems: 435
#12 Posted: 17:26:12 08/11/2007
Well so far, having gotten as far as Skabb, I have 2 say it's a tie between Arborick and Scurvywing.
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#13 Posted: 17:51:39 08/11/2007
I am still in the swamp. Just got the game today, and it is great!
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#14 Posted: 22:22:21 08/11/2007
Cool, "Crush". I hope you finish it soon. But if you get stuck in the swamp when you get to the cannon, just jump down, and kill the enemies. Once that's taken care of, just look around, and smash the wooden cage, and you'll get the cannon ball to help you advance. (It took me forever to find that thing!!!! I even wasted my fire fury on the wall to try to smash it open!!!!)
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
sophia Fodder
#15 Posted: 23:24:22 08/11/2007
for me...the hardest boss it's gaul in the gba version.I took 2 days to beat him!(it's because i play gba 1 hour by day).And the second it's gaul's advisor in the well of night entrance.I died...12 times here o.õ
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12096
#16 Posted: 23:27:28 08/11/2007
Quote: kyle katarn

He was easy, he was just like steam.
Nayamou Green Sparx Gems: 310
#17 Posted: 09:24:40 09/11/2007
hardest on the GBA version was Skabb. Only one I died on. >>; I might be getting the DS version soon, so I wonder if it's the same there?
#18 Posted: 10:48:20 09/11/2007
Quote: SpyroGamer2008
Cool, "Crush". I hope you finish it soon. But if you get stuck in the swamp when you get to the cannon, just jump down, and kill the enemies. Once that's taken care of, just look around, and smash the wooden cage, and you'll get the cannon ball to help you advance. (It took me forever to find that thing!!!! I even wasted my fire fury on the wall to try to smash it open!!!!)

Thanks for tellig me. But I done that. I am now where you have to fight ravage rider in the battles arena. The sad thing is, I don't got a memory card!
---
Dagnabbit.
#19 Posted: 16:37:26 09/11/2007
Ouch!!!! That must be a hassle. And that must mean you must finish the game in one day in order to see the ending!!!! That's almost impossible!!!! (Unless you have Convexity Breath, which you have to get by completing the game and the dragon challenges. *UGH!!!!*) I sure hope you get one soon. That way you could be able to save the game and continue your progress. I would loan you mine, but slight problem. I live all the way here in the United States. And seeing your post a message at about 2:00 A.M. over here, I'm guessing you're not from the U.S.A. But don't give up hope on finding a memory card!!!! Just beg and plead with your parents to get you one!!!! If that doesn't work, try buying it at GameStop or something. And, if all else fails, you've got one option left. You probably won't like it, but the only way I see you getting a memory card if you can't do either of the above is wait until Christmas.
---
#20 Posted: 18:27:09 09/11/2007
Now you mention it, I am living in Denmark, and it very far away from The United States! I am planning to get a memory card for Christmas, or buy it myself, but I am planing to buy TLOS. TEN to GBA first, and then hope I have money enourgh for a memory card.
---
Dagnabbit.
#21 Posted: 20:50:20 09/11/2007
Whoa. So you're about......9-10 hours????.......away from me. Man, so when you're eating lunch, I'm still sleeping!!!! Man. Anyways, I hope you have a fun time playing The Legend Of Spyro: The Eternal Night. It's pretty fun, and the bosses that you have to face are somewhat hard, but it's worth the time and effort to put in it!!!! The only thing I'd suggest that you do is to not finish the game too soon. I finished it within 2 weeks (playing on the weekends and once on my birthday, which equals only a total of 4 1/2 days of playing time), and was so happy that I'd finished it. But, the ending was sad. And, just like the first Legend Of Spyro game, it ended in a cliff hanger. It drove me mad!!!! Now I have to wait until next year until the next one comes out. So remember: DO NOT FINISH THE GAME SO EARLY!!!! And, have fun playing it! (I'm going to play it again in order to get all of the dragon heads and the quills in the game.)
---
#22 Posted: 21:00:33 09/11/2007
Don't finish the game so early my left foot.

Beat it fast...

...cause then you can do the Dragon Challenges and unlock Dark Spyro! ^__^
---
#23 Posted: 23:13:20 09/11/2007
But if you finish the game early, what will you do next???? Sure they're Dragon Challenges, but those you can unlock and defeat within an hour. Then there's the task of finding all of the items. But, once that's done, what's left???? Nothing. The games complete. You can always play it again, but it's never the same!!!! I mean look at me!!!! I'm done with the game, finished 2 Dragon Challenges, and found 14/70 Quills, 2/5 Red Dragon Heads, and 1/5 Green Dragon Heads. But once I'm done (which will probably take two weeks at most, 4 or 5 of the days I'd be actually playing), I have nothing left to do. It's complete. I don't say go at a snails pace. I'm just saying try to space out your time playing it. That way, you'll enjoy the story more, and play the game longer. I also agree with you, "Hir". Any new game should be played quickly (including Spyro), but I'm just saying don't finish it the first week you've got it.
---
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#24 Posted: 23:23:57 09/11/2007
1. Gaul
2. Ravage Rider
3. Arborick
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#25 Posted: 01:55:15 10/11/2007
Quote: SpyroGamer2008
But if you finish the game early, what will you do next???? Sure they're Dragon Challenges, but those you can unlock and defeat within an hour. Then there's the task of finding all of the items. But, once that's done, what's left???? Nothing. The games complete. You can always play it again, but it's never the same!!!! I mean look at me!!!! I'm done with the game, finished 2 Dragon Challenges, and found 14/70 Quills, 2/5 Red Dragon Heads, and 1/5 Green Dragon Heads. But once I'm done (which will probably take two weeks at most, 4 or 5 of the days I'd be actually playing), I have nothing left to do. It's complete. I don't say go at a snails pace. I'm just saying try to space out your time playing it. That way, you'll enjoy the story more, and play the game longer. I also agree with you, "Hir". Any new game should be played quickly (including Spyro), but I'm just saying don't finish it the first week you've got it.

Look at me... all items collected, Dragon Challenges beaten, and beat the game in both normal and Dark Spyro mode. I've done everything... so what do I do? Just replay when I feel like it... only I spice things up. Like doing music remixes... where I turn the volume off on the TV, and play music from my CPU instead. And then there's the HOARD of concept art which I still haven't gotten to looking at yet!
---
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#26 Posted: 02:39:06 10/11/2007
Well, once you're done, you can always try challenges too... (no-death runs, no Dragon Time runs, no breath attacks...)

Oh and HIR... whenever you are online and can, please log in on MSN. Else, can't speak to you via MSN, most obviously.
#27 Posted: 02:54:14 10/11/2007
Or my personal favorite... pick ONE of the different elements and you can't switch for the whole game. <.<;
---
#28 Posted: 08:15:39 10/11/2007
Hadn't beaten the game, but I will say that Ravage Rider is the hardest one, yet!
---
Dagnabbit.
#29 Posted: 10:40:13 10/11/2007
yes i know, i died like 10 times -.-
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#30 Posted: 12:38:22 10/11/2007
How did you all die on him?! It was like Steam, but you had DRAGON TIME... which made dodging super easy! Then meleeing him when he crashed into the wall could take out like half of his total health!
---
#31 Posted: 12:52:48 10/11/2007
well, first i had to put two and two together, also, i don't use dragon time a lot so the only time i did it was when he ran into the wll, so i could get like a whole bar out of him in one swipe.
---
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#32 Posted: 04:11:37 17/11/2007
I would have to say that ravage rider, cuz when you're in the center and you're strafing, he shoots little cannons at you, and when you try to move out of the way when he goes after you, he shoots those flames and knocks you at the side, and finishes you off by running you over. Well, it's happened to me, and it's very annoying! smilie
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#33 Posted: 06:30:18 17/11/2007
I play PS2 and I only died on Gaul on my second playthrough 'cause I was eating an Icecream and playing at the same time. The hardest boss I found was Skabb 'cause I died like 8-10 times fighting him but it was 'bout 1:30 a.m., second hardest was Aborick. Those are just about the only bosses I died on anyway.

Unrelated P.S.: Where would a topic about what to expect in the third TLoS go: general or TEN.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
Last edited at 10:59:51 17/11/2007 by Twilight
#34 Posted: 09:06:26 17/11/2007
prolly general

but like i said, they're only hard threw the first run through, then after you know what to do and how to do it etc. its really easy
---
Frisby Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#35 Posted: 00:27:12 18/11/2007
UMM i like the part when ur fighting the tree dude if that counts. lol i enjoyed that even though i died so much and got pissed off! lol
But i dont theres one part that i didn't like. I enjoyed the game. smilie
---
☼Everyone chooses a hero... I'm happy I chose Spyro☼
#36 Posted: 00:30:05 18/11/2007
I LOVED IT!!!! If i got a job working on a spyro game, i would have a heart attack due to excitement!!! LOL but i thought the tree dude was the 'hardest' though i still loved it when sparx goes
'Spyro, seek me out, so that you can destroy me.......' i was ROTFL!!!!
---
Frisby Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#37 Posted: 00:39:04 18/11/2007
Oh wait i wrote in the wrong topic!! LOL SH##
---
☼Everyone chooses a hero... I'm happy I chose Spyro☼
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#38 Posted: 15:31:10 19/11/2007
Now I have completed the game and I have to say that Ravage Rider was the hardest. Gaul was hard too, but not so hard smilie
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
#39 Posted: 15:59:05 19/11/2007
I found out, that Comet Dash is good to use against Ravage Rider.
---
Dagnabbit.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#40 Posted: 20:38:47 25/11/2007
I hav just beaten past Skabb (Which was easy..¬¬)
But the hardest boss for me yet it is the Ravage Rider
Got killed a million times ¬¬
#41 Posted: 22:15:00 25/11/2007
If the Ravage Rider is like Steam, I'm going to get owned. smilie

But I haven't fought Steam in ages, mind....
#42 Posted: 22:17:26 25/11/2007
steam, you just got PWNED!!!!!
---
Dragginwings Gold Sparx Gems: 2279
#43 Posted: 23:04:05 25/11/2007
Quote: Glass Gryphon
That Arborick annoyed me very much. ¬¬;. I was going crazy screaming at the t.v., both English and Spanish (no swears though).

Oh, I forgot about him. He was harder than Ravage Rider. I was screaming at the TV too.
#44 Posted: 23:13:13 25/11/2007
You people don't play enough hard core games. The Ravage Rider was one of THE EASIEST BOSSES in the game. Only The Executioner, The Assassin and the Elemental Dragon were easier.
---
#45 Posted: 23:21:45 25/11/2007
well, once i figured out what to do, it was kinda easy.
---
#46 Posted: 07:05:16 26/11/2007
I've played a LOT of games harder than tEN. Like Devil May Cry and Majora's Mask. So MAYBE I could beat Ravage Rider with ease, I dunno. >:
Bansu Green Sparx Gems: 189
#47 Posted: 19:39:18 08/12/2007
Arborick or Elemental dragon >.< Elemental dragon was SO annoying..
And my brother beaten the arborick xD i cant understand how anybody can beat it :'D It would be VERY easy, but when he is start to spinn, and health bar fill.. i just say ARGH..
Ravage rider was easy. Skabb was easy too, and so was Gaul.
#48 Posted: 15:29:46 11/12/2007
I think that Arborick was pretty easy. Ravage Rider was hard, until I found out that he was pretty easy when you use dragon time against him.
---
Dagnabbit.
darkbabyspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 866
#49 Posted: 12:00:19 27/12/2007
SNAIL RIDER IS SOOO HARD!
---
Nommish.
Komodo Blue Sparx Gems: 758
#50 Posted: 21:18:18 27/12/2007
Oh my, Arborick, Skabb 1, the Blunder Tails, and Gaul (whom i still have yet to beat)
---
I traded my soul for a muffin, and you know what? It was delicious.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me