First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
A TEN Boss FAQ [STICKY]
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#51 Posted: 21:28:32 05/01/2008
It is tail strike (what use to be head bash), that you use to finish them. When there is something that will not die, squash it.
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#52 Posted: 22:01:41 05/01/2008
Ah! Tail Strike! Ofcourse!

EDIT: Now done that. I got stuck with them both attacking at once so I dished out my Earth Furry on them. I didn't even have to Tail Strike them! Anyway, I beat Skabb, who was not hard at all. Piece o' cake. And now I've just beaten Scurvywings at Pirate Fleet and I've gotta finish my homework.
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
Last edited at 15:54:58 06/01/2008 by Ross
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#53 Posted: 16:22:52 06/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Good luck on Skabb 2. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#54 Posted: 17:32:20 06/01/2008
Yeah... is it harder?
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#55 Posted: 18:49:00 06/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Various by the skill of the player. <.<
---
#56 Posted: 19:55:04 06/01/2008
Well, I pwnt Skabb I. But I looked at the guide just to see how difficult he actually is and he sounds hard.
---
#57 Posted: 01:42:18 09/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Good for you... now it's a string of easy bosses until you reach Gaul. <.<;
---
#58 Posted: 19:19:04 09/01/2008
And he's the next boss coming up now. I just need to beat the bunch of enemies after Scurvywings in Mountain Fortress then the next enemy up will be Gaul. Then the bunch of them in the Dragon Challengs and then I unlock Dark Spyro!
---
#59 Posted: 01:49:09 10/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Good luck on the Dragon Challenges. If you're good with handling hoards of enemies, this should be quite easy for you. <.<;
---
#60 Posted: 20:04:21 11/01/2008
Well, I'll see soon enough. What I want to see is playing as Dark Spyro smilie.
---
#61 Posted: 21:33:52 11/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Oh... you should enjoy that. >.>
---
#62 Posted: 21:17:50 13/01/2008
Well I'm up to Gaul now. I'd battle him but seeming as bedtime is 10 minutes away I find that entirely pointless.
---
#63 Posted: 03:01:08 14/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Remember... you can get away without Dragon Time because of Gaul's "long jump-short jump" pattern!
---
#64 Posted: 20:42:06 14/01/2008
Well thanks for the tip but I've already beaten Gaul today. I must admit the Convexity Fury was not as good as ANB's. I'm now up to Dragon Challenge 4. I'll get round to it as soon as possible.
---
#65 Posted: 02:04:15 15/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Heh... you're moving along pretty quickly!
---
#66 Posted: 20:48:13 16/01/2008
So I'm better than you think...
---
#67 Posted: 20:50:08 16/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Precisely!
---
Bionicle2809 Fodder
#68 Posted: 15:53:27 19/01/2008
I did it! By the way I have the Prima gide for this game and this website helped me soooooooo much more! (Actualy only on the battle againtst the continuous wave of pirates in the Mountain Fortress.)
#69 Posted: 22:15:43 19/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Well... we're actual people with actual problems.

Stuff that Prima doesn't cover. <.>
---
Denri Fodder
#70 Posted: 00:54:21 31/01/2008
You can use Convexity breath against Gaul in round 2? Every time I did that Gaul teleported away... So I just meleed him. STUPID DENRI!
#71 Posted: 01:35:01 31/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Read the FAQ. You'll notice there are certain points when he's vulnerable. They include:

1. After successfully dodging all three eye beams.
2. If the tornado attack is successfully dodged.
3. When he's using his "fury" (it looks like bombs are dropped around him).
---
Denri Green Sparx Gems: 269
#72 Posted: 18:37:39 05/02/2008
Quote: HIR
Read the FAQ. You'll notice there are certain points when he's vulnerable. They include:

1. After successfully dodging all three eye beams.
2. If the tornado attack is successfully dodged.
3. When he's using his "fury" (it looks like bombs are dropped around him).

I know but Even when he's vulnerable he somehow teleports. and I'm using dragon time, too.
---
RAWR! I have ADHD. *cough42cough*
My Gallery: Click!
Dragons:Click!
#73 Posted: 20:58:47 06/02/2008 | Topic Creator
Well, sometimes, depending on how close you are to Gaul, that may happen. In which case, it's gonna be a tough fight. >.>
---
Denri Green Sparx Gems: 269
#74 Posted: 23:06:57 06/02/2008
Well, sometimes, depending on how close you are to Gaul, that may happen. In which case, it's gonna be a tough fight. >.>

I know. I died like forty times and was ready to smash my TV in. Strange thing though, I got to Gaul again today and Convexity Breath worked. Weird.
---
RAWR! I have ADHD. *cough42cough*
My Gallery: Click!
Dragons:Click!
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#75 Posted: 02:04:15 07/02/2008
It depends on your distance from him I think.
destroyer2424 Green Sparx Gems: 341
#76 Posted: 02:10:10 28/02/2008
can I ask a question about a move?
---
the legend of spyro is my favorite series of spyro games
I love playing the banjo and kazooie series
http://forums.kameo.com/forums/default.aspx
#77 Posted: 03:05:28 28/02/2008 | Topic Creator
Sure.
---
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#78 Posted: 00:32:12 04/03/2008
This may be random, but I might as well state something here. In spite of HIR's excellent efforts at devising boss strategies here, I can't believe there are still some people having issues.

So, let me say it here and now; I have a video boss guide now underway. Yep, it must have been well over a month since I last approached the game (blame it on Super Mario Galaxy!!) and I thought I'd struggle in the earlier stages once again under a clean slate, but I didn't do too bad; got from the beginning to clearing the ice dream in 90 minutes and did a decent attempt at the Assassin (read: "decent", had to take a set of hits and miss some shots accidentally), recorded for the first part (which will be batched with the Grove bosses).

I'll keep up on the progress as time permits. I'm determined to make sure no one struggles anymore smilie
#79 Posted: 00:34:58 04/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Rexy
This may be random, but I might as well state something here. In spite of HIR's excellent efforts at devising boss strategies here, I can't believe there are still some people having issues.

So, let me say it here and now; I have a video boss guide now underway. Yep, it must have been well over a month since I last approached the game (blame it on Super Mario Galaxy!!) and I thought I'd struggle in the earlier stages once again under a clean slate, but I didn't do too bad; got from the beginning to clearing the ice dream in 90 minutes and did a decent attempt at the Assassin (read: "decent", had to take a set of hits and miss some shots accidentally), recorded for the first part (which will be batched with the Grove bosses).

I'll keep up on the progress as time permits. I'm determined to make sure no one struggles anymore smilie

Good for you! I'd have done it... but I don't own a video camera... I'm trying to save up for a quality device for my Wii though (I KNOW THEY EXIST! I see them on YouTube Super Paper Mario videos, Super Mario Galaxy vids, etc!). >.>
---
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#80 Posted: 09:02:37 04/03/2008
I've heard of quality devices, though I thought they would transfer ANYTHING on TV to your computer. RedDevilDazzy has one (albeit he has issues with sound on his) and he uses it for his PlayStation recordings.
#81 Posted: 01:29:10 05/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Rexy
I've heard of quality devices, though I thought they would transfer ANYTHING on TV to your computer. RedDevilDazzy has one (albeit he has issues with sound on his) and he uses it for his PlayStation recordings.

As far as I know... every system seems compatible. I've seen videos using all the different systems (even next-gen ones).
---
motherdragon Fodder
#82 Posted: 15:29:03 18/03/2008
i am playing the ds version of the eternal night, can anyone please tell me how you defeat the boss in the ship, i get locked in his room and he has loads of cannons that fire at me. i been trying for 5 days now can anyone help
#83 Posted: 01:45:53 19/03/2008 | Topic Creator
DS version was pretty next to horrific, so I never played it.
---
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#84 Posted: 11:20:55 29/03/2008
with ravege rider on the 1st part you shouldn't get him to charge into a wall until his health is really small then it takes away more of his health on red bar
#85 Posted: 15:47:48 29/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tango
with ravege rider on the 1st part you shouldn't get him to charge into a wall until his health is really small then it takes away more of his health on red bar

It doesn't honestly matter. You can whittle away about half/3-quarters of its health while it's warming up.
---
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#86 Posted: 11:42:15 01/04/2008
does any one know how to do this coz ma lil bros goin crazy...AGAIN!! he wont let me do the level so am gunna tell him as he goes along but he keeps dying my way...help plz: in Mountain Fortress, theres like a cave n u go in it and make your way to a big like rocky arena. then LOADS of those bad guys come and when youve killed them, theres more, then more, then even more and i just told ma lil bro to meelee them all the time but it doesnt work 4 him coz hes a bit..."bad" at games lolz can anyone tell me a different way to beat em??
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
King Red Sparx Gems: 96
#87 Posted: 14:39:51 01/04/2008
You have to defeat thim all to move on I think
---
When I am alone for a long time I start seeing crazy ****
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#88 Posted: 16:31:38 01/04/2008
no you don't! you can do this but i takes forever.....you get fire breath and s l o w l y hit then all to death with your fire booms while on the ledge wiv 2 health cyristles and 1 green cryistles
#89 Posted: 01:44:07 03/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tango
no you don't! you can do this but i takes forever.....you get fire breath and s l o w l y hit then all to death with your fire booms while on the ledge wiv 2 health cyristles and 1 green cryistles

Except fire is next-to-useless and has limited range. The Skeleton Knights can shoot health-depleting energy balls at you if you fail to hit them. Use Electric Orbs and Electric Spins. Also, when the giant Buffalo Riders appear and are about to charge. Leave the arena. They'll charge off the platform and often die as a result.
---
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#90 Posted: 10:20:55 16/04/2008
yay!! i finally have help from peepz!! my lil bros broke his arm so hes makin me do it for him now....how AWKWARD!!!smilie
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#91 Posted: 21:46:13 13/05/2008
Why? Because people keep asking "HOW DO I BEAT TEH [insert boss name here]?! I KEEP DYING, LOL!" Now, we can have strategies in one convenient topic as opposed to scattered around multiple topics!

Stage 1: Dragon Temple
# of Bosses: 1

Stage boss: The Assassin
Difficulty: Easy
Health meter(s): 1
Vulnerability point?: Yes

A very easy boss battle. You can only hit The Assassin when he's down below the platform. When he's up above, use Dragon Time and jump to the side to dodge the Survywing's energy balls. You'll need to jump up to use your fireballs, otherwise they'll just hit the tiny wall surrounding the platform.

Stage 2: Ancient Grove
# of Bosses: 2

Mini-boss: Scurvywings I
Health meter(s): 1
Vulnerability point: Yes

Use the exact same strategy as with The Assassin... seriously!

Stage boss: Arborick
Difficulty: Hard/easy
Health meter(s): 2
Vulnerability point?: Depends

Round one: Arborick has five different sections that you need to try and hit with your fireballs; the body, two arms, and two legs. The catch is, you have to hit them in a specific order, or the attack will do nothing. Additionally, the arm on the right side of the screen will be too far away to hit with fireballs unless Arborick is attacking. Arborick has two basic attacks; which are mere copies of attacks used by Stone Sentinel in ANB. He will launch the arm on the right side of the screen at you. To dodge, simply activate Dragon Time when his arm appears in front of him, and jump to the side. The most effective way to hit his right arm involves being on the left side of the platform when he's using this attack, then jumping to the right side and shooting a fireball at the arm. His second attack is where he tries to kick you with his foot. When you see him bringing his foot back, activate Dragon Time and jump to the side. Now for the annoying part; once you manage to hit Arborick, you have to hurry to hit his other sections. If you take too long, Arborick will literally spin the fire off of him. Use Dragon Time to dodge the giant fireballs as they rain down on the platform. The thing is, Arborick can only heal two of his sections; so if you already have hit three or four sections, some of him will still be on fire. When you successfully hit Arborick in all five sections in the correct order, he'll spin the flames off again. Dodge with Dragon Time and a short cutscene will ensue in which you're chased to the other side of the lake.
CAUTION: Jump to far to the left or right in this round and you will fall into the purple water, which will kill you instantly!

Round two (note: If you die during round two, you must start from round one): In the beginning of this round, you'll only be able to see Arborick's head. Pelt him with fireballs, while dodging the fireballs he spins at you with Dragon Time. Arborick will also use his punch attack. Be very careful, because it is very hard to tell when he's using his punch attack because his arms aren't visible. After Arborick uses his spinning flame attack twice, he'll disappear. He'll suddenly climb out of the water and stand on the same platform as you (your controller will start rumbling and Spyro will say "NOT GOOD!" when this is happening). Now your goal is to just spam Arborick with fireballs like a madman. You can hit him in either the legs or the body to inflict damage. Arborick has two attacks in this form; he will either try and squish you with one foot, or kick you with the other. If he's using his stomp attack, he'll lift his foot high in the air. Activate Dragon Time and move to the other side to dodge. If he's using his kick attack, he'll swing his leg back like before; so dodge with Dragon Time again. Once you drain Arborick of his health meter, a cutscene will ensue in which you go to the next world.

Stage three: Fellmuth Arena
# of Bosses: 4

Mini-boss: Blunder Tail twins
Difficulty: Medium
Health meter(s): 2 (one for each)

CAUTION: You must finish off the Blunder Tails with a Tail Strike! Take to long, and they recover half of their health!
Alright, a few notes about the arena itself. If you get too close to the edge of the arena, cannon balls will fly out. The small craters in the ground along the outer edge mark where they land. The arena is also surrounded by swampy green water, which will kill you instantly. Alright, the Blunder Tails must be stunned with a Knock-Up Attack. Positioning is key in this battle. Notice that one Blunder Tail starts slightly in front of the other. Go into Dragon Time to do the Knock-Up, making sure that one of the Blunder Tails is standing in front of the other, then unfreeze time and ground-melee them. If you have a fury, try to knock up both Blunder Tails, then use it. You should be able to get in a good solid four hits on one before it rights itself. DO NOT MELEE IT IN THE AIR! Also, while many people suggest going onto one of the arena's ramps: DO NOT DO IT! If you're hit by one of the Blunder Tails on the ramp, you WILL fall into the water. The Blunder Tails have three main attacks. They will slash you with their claws, slam you with their tails, and if you're far away from them, shoot cannon balls at you. Try to focus on picking off one at a time. As stated above, you must use a Tail Strike once you've depleted their health meter or they'll recover half of it.

Standard Boss: Ravage Rider
Health meter(s): 2

The Ravage Rider fights EXACTLY the same as Steam from ANB. When the fight starts, and the Ravage Rider is warming up, chase after it and melee it and use some of your breath on it. Once it's up to full speed, go to the center of the arena and wait. The Ravage Rider will then try to charge at you. It will also do one of two things; A: sprout a flamethrower on one side and try to flame you with it, or B: sprout a cannon and shoot cannon balls at you. Either way, activate Dragon Time and run to the side, preferably the side that the cannon/flamethrower isn't on and unfreeze. The Ravage Rider will start circling again and will charge your once or twice more. Then, it will collide with the wall. Start unloading GROUND melee hits on it like a crazy person. If you have a fury, by all means use it! For the second health bar, the Ravage Rider will move faster, and its cannon will fire shots at you while it's circling around the arena. Next boss, please!

Standard Boss: The Executioner
Health meter(s): 3
Vulnerability point: Yes (only during his first health meter)

Very easy boss, fights exactly like the Ice and Electric Kings from ANB. For its first health meter, simply stay on the left side of the Executioner. Wait for him to raise his sword, then activate Dragon Time and glide away from him. He'll slam his sword in the ground and it will get stuck, which is your cue to melee him. The Executioner also stomps the ground, and if you're too close, you'll go flying into the air! For the second health meter, his shield will break, allowing you to freely attack him. This time, he'll try and slash you or spear you with his sword. The best strategy for him is to air melee him. After the third hit, use your Comet Dash while in the air to inflict more damage and get away from his counter attack. In his third health bar, he will also try to punch you. If he succeeds, you'll be momentarily flattened, allowing him to use a second attack on you. Use the air melee/comet dash combo on him and you've got yourself an easy win. If you have a fury, use it on his first form, mainly because his shield counters your melee attacks.

I'll put the rest in a/some separate post(s)...

Wierd, I thought that the Exicutioner had only one bar of Hp.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#92 Posted: 01:00:32 15/05/2008 | Topic Creator
3... but his health depletes very fast. >.>
---
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#93 Posted: 17:57:25 17/05/2008
There might be a bug in my game that makes him only have one health bar.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
dragonrule Green Sparx Gems: 344
#94 Posted: 16:15:04 22/05/2008
I have a question about the bosses in the Eternal Night. Would the stage bosses for the levels qualify as the villains of the game?
#95 Posted: 03:34:35 24/05/2008 | Topic Creator
No, that's just Gaul really... and Skabb for what seems like a good solid third of the entire game. The rest are just bosses. With the exception of the Assassin and any Scurvywings, none of the bosses work for Gaul (the Fellmuth Arena bosses work for Skabb and the Elemental Dragon was created by the Chronicler to test Spyro).
---
BJ Fodder
#96 Posted: 14:22:15 22/06/2008
What I usually do for Ravage Rider is that I attack the pirate dog who keeps popping out the window. Then whenever it crashes into a wall, I use Dragon Time so I can hit it as much as I can. What I DON'T do is attack it until it reaches it's second health bar after the first time it crashes since it goes alot faster. Depending on how low it's first health bar is, I wait a second time for it to crash into a wall and then I use Dragon Time to quickly take as much of his health (first and second) as I can. If Dragon Time runs out, I keep on attack it rapidly before it starts going fast through it's second health bar.
#97 Posted: 19:01:54 22/06/2008 | Topic Creator
I never used Dragon Time unless I had to. It made things more challenging.
---
Eternal Night Green Sparx Gems: 447
#98 Posted: 08:49:19 30/07/2008
Gaul part 1 is EASY! Part 2 is EASY too. smilie
---
The Darkest Hour is Right Before the Dawn..
KasiyatheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2537
#99 Posted: 22:30:09 29/12/2008
This isn't for the Nintendo DS, is it?
silver dragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#100 Posted: 21:57:28 12/02/2009
what does [sticky] mean?
---
Why live life following someone else's map?
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me