darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night > What's your favorite breath to use in Spyro: The Eternal Night? Explain.
Page 1 of 1
What's your favorite breath to use in Spyro: The Eternal Night? Explain. [CLOSED]
SpyroGamer Fodder
#1 Posted: 16:59:22 01/11/2007
I don't know what happened to all of my last topic posts. They got deleted, somehow. Anyways, please respond to this comment.
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#2 Posted: 19:55:27 01/11/2007
Convexity breath because it's sooooo awesome, it does more damage to your enemies, and doesn't take away that much of your green breath bar. And I like that triangle move where Spyro melees Gaul very fast, which reminded me of how the Dragonball Z characters fight, you know, when they start fighting really fast. And because I love the fury attack! Has a lot of purple to match Spyro smilie
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
SpyroGamer Fodder
#3 Posted: 14:59:30 02/11/2007
What is Convexity Breath? I've heard of it, but I've never seen it in person!!!! Maybe it's because I'm not that far in the game. I've just finished the pirate level on Saturday last week, and I'm only at the part where you're going to Avalor or something. Hopefully I can get farther in the game today. (I hate when you have to wait until the weekend in order to play Spyro because you have to do school work. *UGH!* I want to know what happens!!!!) I think my all time favorite breath so far is fire. But this is subject to change once I get farther in the game.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#4 Posted: 16:08:14 02/11/2007
Convexity Breath is the most popular name for the Darkness elemental breath that Spyro use at the end of Spyro 6 and 7 (ANB and TEN).

In ANB, I dubbed it the "Vacuum Wave" because of how it shot large waves of dark power at an incredible speed, dealing massive damage to whatever it touched. Unfortunately, without a Gameshark, you only get to use it on Beserk Cynder, the final boss.

In TEN, it's significantly different and I'm thinking of calling it the "Acid Laser". Namely, it instantly cover everything in front of Spyro in a purple cloud that begin to tear them apart. The Acid Laser is the most powerful of the TEN breaths but it's still nowhere as powerful as the Vacuum Wave was.

On the GBA, Spyro use, in both games, a purple explosive version of the Fire Breath fireball.

The Vacuum Wave is my all-time favorite because of how powerful it is and how powerful it feels. Sure, the Acid Laser is powerful too but it doesn't feel nearly as mighty and doesn't look as impressive when used. There's just something really impressive about a massive wave of purple that tear through multiple foes at once and is fired with such force that it causes Spyro visible recoil.

But if you exclude the Dark-elemental breaths that you get at the end of the game, I'd say that it's a tie between ANB Electric Stream and the TEN Earth Flail.

The ANB Electric Stream does little damage but latches on foes like a grappling hook and then allow you to throw them about. After a few level-ups, this become nearly the best breath in the game, allowing you to insta-kill everything by throwing them off the stage. Besides, isn't it fun to throw around your foes like giant rag dolls?

The TEN Earth Flail is an original breath weapon to say the least. Out of all of Spyro's breaths in TEN, it's the most destructive and can clear the battlefield extremely quickly. However, it consume a large amount of magic and leave Spyro vulnerable when using it. Still, for the originality factor (Spyro breathe out a FLAIL and swings it around with his head!) and because of the sheer amount of havoc it causes when used, it is tied with the ANB Electric Stream as favorite (excluding the Vacuum Wave).

Special mentions to the TEN Comet Dash, which I really like although it's not technically a breath attack (still magic-based however).
Last edited at 16:09:29 02/11/2007 by Zerodius
#5 Posted: 13:29:55 03/11/2007
Yup, and you even use this breath at the end of ANB, which is when Spyro is strafing around and Cynder is floating in front of Spyro and is throwing fireballs at him. Then when Cynder's health bar gets low, Spyro does that convexity fury attack and that's what made Cynder shrink into Spyro's size. Then in TEN, you use it against Gaul, but you get to control Spyro with this breath, and you get to use the different moves for this breath. It's a very cool breath!
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#6 Posted: 14:51:29 03/11/2007
Once you beat the Dragon Challages you unlock the Convexity Breath and a little something else that you can use when you reply the save you beat!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#7 Posted: 15:40:00 03/11/2007
Dark Spyro is a beast! His Elemental Attack, which I call "Dragon Master", is this round two Gaul-like onslaught of physical attacks on the foe, capable of knocking out a Gaul Leader's health meter alone! And then there's Convexity Breath, of course. You can literally beat certain bosses, like The Executioner, in a mere five seconds (yes, I timed how long it took the Executioner to fall).

Oops... <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Last edited at 16:31:28 03/11/2007 by HIR
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#8 Posted: 16:15:44 03/11/2007
Even haven't the game, I think the normal fire is good enough.
But electrity and earth are just fine too. Ice is so...so...um... normal?
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
somebody Fodder
#9 Posted: 11:20:13 04/11/2007
In Order

Convexity - Best range attack
Earth - Fastest Damage dealing breath and great at getting lots of enemies with quick jump spins
Lightning - Decent stunning abilities
Fire - Decent damage
Ice - Uses too much magic, so not very useful
#10 Posted: 13:44:58 04/11/2007
That's my list for my fav breaths in order too. And yes, I don't use ice much, but I sometimes use it to slow down my enemies so I can beat the crud out of them and not give them a chance to even hit me!
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#11 Posted: 18:20:34 04/11/2007
Another thing about Convexity... it lets you hover in the air... to hit enemies REALLY far away! It's especially useful in Malefor, when you have to face the hoard of Buffalo Knights, Skeleton Knights and Trolls. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#12 Posted: 18:24:31 04/11/2007
GET THE GAME TODAY!!!!
It's really nice, and new abilities are really great!
Ice Breath is beutiful, but not so useful. Fire is so normal. And other breaths I don't have yet smilie
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
SpyroGamer Fodder
#13 Posted: 16:21:04 05/11/2007
Okay, I finally finished the game. Took me about 2 Weeks to complete it, if you count the days I had and hadn't played it. But if you only count the day's I've played the game, it was only a measly 4 1/2 days. (Since I could only play the game on the weekends. All because my mom keeps telling me to do my homework on the weekdays. UGH!!!!) Since I've completed it, I finally got to see and play on Convexity Breath. And as of now, Convexity Breath and Fire Breath are my all time favorite breaths. (It's so hard to choose between them!!!!) I finished the game with only 14 quills out of 70 overall. Where are they???? And I only finished the game with 3 Red Dragon Heads, and 1 Green Dragon Head. Where could they be????
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me