Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > will there ever be another good spyro game
Page 1 of 1
will there ever be another good spyro game [CLOSED]
pikachu Green Sparx Gems: 348
#1 Posted: 19:24:32 15/09/2009 | Topic Creator
spyro is one game that can be good or bad but was tlos the last of the spyro saga or will they make a game baced on the move but the move is baced on a game

is it the end of spyro as we know it???
---
a young dragon should never give up

smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 20:22:01 15/09/2009
There have been a lot of questions like this asked. It's been confirmed that there WILL be more Spyro games made in the future, by the producers of the LoS trilogy.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#3 Posted: 20:37:08 15/09/2009
There will definately be more games, but whether or not Spyro will ever return to his former glory and awesomeness is a whole other kettle of fish. I'm almost hoping the next game fails miserably so that they are forced to sell Spyro to another company who can do well with him.

Many fans want Insomniac to buy Spyro back, but then again they di abandon him after just three games. Maybe Activision could try to make a classic style game but I don't think they've played the classics and they might fail miserably. If another company was introduced, who knows? They might make a really good classic style game, but a lot of LOS fans would be upset. They may continue LOS but do better with it, but then the lifelong fans who preffer the old and the old fans who left when LOS came would still be unhappy. If they combined the old with the new then they could potentially make something really good that everyone loves, or alienate both LOS and classic fans. Hopefully something new and good will be introduced and all fans old and new will like it and it will also attract a whole new crowd.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#4 Posted: 21:11:57 15/09/2009
Yes, there are more games confirmed, but since Activision is full of careless people at the moment, so how knows.

Oh yeah, and Insomniac games was established in 1994, making it one of the youngest major companies made. Activision was founded 1979... Of course, world record goes to Nintendo for being the oldest guy on the block: 1889! Just six years younger than Parker Bros...
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#5 Posted: 21:14:48 15/09/2009
Insomniac may buy Spyro back because of what the games have become. The whole reason Ratchet & Clank was made was because they wanted to make a completly different style of games but still keep the element of playing a Spyro game. TLoS is, to me, more like Ratchet & Clank than it is the original Spyro games which gives Insomniac no reason not to be interested in buying the franchise back. After all, there have been rumors and suggestions that R&C: ACiT is going to be the last Ratchet & Clank game (I know they're just rumors so don't flame me) and if that is true then it leaves them room to make a continuation of TLoS... Just a theory.
#6 Posted: 21:31:05 15/09/2009
Did you not read the little bit of history?

Insomniac Games = Young stupid people who don't know everything yet.

Activision = People who've been around a while, know how the system works, and probably have more money that I have said words in my lifetime.

Which would mean in basic economics, Activision could buy, chew up, and do whatever they wanted if they bought Insomniac games.

Also, 10 years have passed since the first Spyro games, chances are, most of those people got fired, quit, moved to some other job, or whatnot since reality works in mysterious ways.

So this fantasy of "the glory days" is implausible. After all, as I've said before hand, you can't play the same tune the exact same way twice, unless you're a synthesizer.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#7 Posted: 21:33:19 15/09/2009
Yeah, you do make a fair point there smilie...
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#8 Posted: 00:36:16 16/09/2009
So there will probably be another Spyro game, you never know.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#9 Posted: 00:55:33 16/09/2009
I see what you're sayn' bionicle2809.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#10 Posted: 01:47:59 16/09/2009
I don't think Spyro will ever go back to Insomniac. Cause Spyro's not going back to being a Sony exclusive game... and Insomniac, though independent, clearly seems at home with Sony's home console systems.

Now, onto the next question. Will there be a new Spyro game? Yes. Will it be any good? Probably not, so I'm not getting my hopes up this time around. <.>

Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
Also, 10 years have passed since the first Spyro games, chances are, most of those people got fired, quit, moved to some other job, or whatnot since reality works in mysterious ways.

So then the logical choice would be to send Spyro to... High Impact Games? <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#11 Posted: 01:56:31 16/09/2009
^Nope, to the only good people who know how to deal with mascot games... good old Nintendo. =P
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#12 Posted: 07:45:49 16/09/2009
There is about 600 topics asking the same question...
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#13 Posted: 17:09:15 16/09/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
There will definately be more games, but whether or not Spyro will ever return to his former glory and awesomeness is a whole other kettle of fish. I'm almost hoping the next game fails miserably so that they are forced to sell Spyro to another company who can do well with him.

Many fans want Insomniac to buy Spyro back, but then again they di abandon him after just three games. Maybe Activision could try to make a classic style game but I don't think they've played the classics and they might fail miserably. If another company was introduced, who knows? They might make a really good classic style game, but a lot of LOS fans would be upset. They may continue LOS but do better with it, but then the lifelong fans who preffer the old and the old fans who left when LOS came would still be unhappy. If they combined the old with the new then they could potentially make something really good that everyone loves, or alienate both LOS and classic fans. Hopefully something new and good will be introduced and all fans old and new will like it and it will also attract a whole new crowd.

Produce both! *throws money around myself*
---
Keep smile
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#14 Posted: 18:07:24 16/09/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

Or fail misserably and ruin the entire Spyro series.
#15 Posted: 20:24:46 16/09/2009
Yes, good point Tango.

@matesds: Gwenio on Activision forum suggested that they publish an LOS style game one year and an old Style game the next. Two years to spend on both games and you could (potentially) please both the fans. Berhaps Activision should employ a small, committed company and aske them to make the old games. I'm guessing that if they are a small company they will be more motivated to work really hard to prove themselves in the industry. To do so, maybe they would research the history of the calssics (all pre LOS games), play them, and maybe even listen to the classic fans. Probably won't happen, but one can dream...
---
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#16 Posted: 16:00:22 17/09/2009
Quote: Activision staff, if they will post here
smilie

Also, good point Tango, tough I personally think that could work...

NEW_SpyroLUVA, good point also! Although I don't see lot of companies plausible to do that smilie
---
Keep smile
#17 Posted: 16:16:55 17/09/2009
Yeah, I know. But, I can still dream. *sigh* I can dream of many things... Young artists who can tolerate a negative comment or two, non rip off characters, a good Spyro game, a company dedicated to making a good game not graphics, the return of the classics...*sigh* It's all unlikely, but I can dream...I can dream...ZZZZZ...
---
pikachu Green Sparx Gems: 348
#18 Posted: 20:56:27 17/09/2009 | Topic Creator
I wonder what it would be like if nintendo buy spyro
---
a young dragon should never give up

smilie
#19 Posted: 01:22:35 18/09/2009
^I don't know exactly, but knowing how Nintendo likes to insure that any "Take That!" is as painful as possible when the acquire something, it would probably be nothing like we've seen before. Of course, they'd probably give it one giant reboot that takes everything from every game made and mix it up into one big fancy pants RPG kind of thing....
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me