Page 1 of 1
Hey I found a glitch!!!! SPOILERS [CLOSED]
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#1 Posted: 23:38:23 20/10/2007 | Topic Creator
When you face the ape king, he has the two swords right? And he jumps up 5 times and tries to hit you w/ them. on the 5th jump, he's supposed to get stuck for a short time. well, this is very hard cuz its in a VERY certain spot, he can get stuck like permanently. BUT his swords HAVE to land RIGHT next to the circle in the ground w/ the purple light on a VERY CERTAIN SIDE. AND when he gets stuck, keep hitting him or else he'll get unstuck and do his warp thingy. I've beaten Gaul about 4-6 times, and I have been able to do this glitch about 4 times.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Last edited at 00:23:23 21/10/2007 by dark52
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#2 Posted: 23:39:42 20/10/2007
Really? i got so upset beatin him i threw a fit hes hard
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3 Posted: 01:13:48 21/10/2007
With Gaul you have to constantly be running around. I never stopped for anything... course... I'm a good dodger. I was excellent at that sidestep dodge in ANB anyway. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Frisby Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#4 Posted: 04:06:00 21/10/2007
Thats cool!
I would have never figured that out. smilie
---
☼Everyone chooses a hero... I'm happy I chose Spyro☼
#5 Posted: 09:09:53 21/10/2007 | Topic Creator
yeah but i'm not egaggerating when i say that its VERY VERY PICKY
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Dragongyrl1000 Fodder
#6 Posted: 14:02:33 21/10/2007
That's interesting. I've never got that far yet, but when I get out of the part I'm on, I'll try it!! smilie
#7 Posted: 14:10:21 21/10/2007 | Topic Creator
it was like an accident thing. I had died like i don't knw the 20th time and i was like I'm soooooooooooo lucky!!! well, then he pushes me off the edge and so i took the opportunity to test this out and stuff and i'm so glad that i'm the first one to notice : D : D : D
---
SpyroGamer Fodder
#8 Posted: 22:26:00 01/11/2007
There are other glitches in this game, you know. Like on the pirate ship level. All you have to do is get to the part where you have to roll a dynamite and destroy the steel walls in order to advance. For the glitch, hit the lever, and keep the dynamite from hitting anything. Lead the dynamite to the part where you got the red dragon head behind the steel wall. Make sure that the wall is destroyed. Then watch the dynamite go through the wall!!!! It's so freaky!!!! And after it goes through the wall, it takes about 5 seconds for it to actually hit something and explode, although you don't see it. Remember: Do not do anything to affect the dynamite, including flaming it. It will mess up the glitch, and it will not work. (You can't get hurt when the dynamite goes through the "solid" wall.) Another glitch is from jumping on top of the spikes. If you do it continuously until you die, you will see Spyro standing on top of the spikes while dying!!!!
me Fodder
#9 Posted: 04:33:13 02/11/2007
you will see Spyro standing on top of the spikes while dying!!!!
------------------
heh, yaeh, weird. that was in anb too.
SpyroGamer Fodder
#10 Posted: 16:36:37 02/11/2007
Yup. I've done that glitch in either game as well "me". They've got to get that sorted out!!!! Besides these "freaky" glitches, the game is almost unglitchable. (Empasis on "almost".) There's also another glitch in A New Beginning as well. It's really hard to do, and I don't know how to do it again, but somehow in Tall Plains, as I was fighting the statue dude, he knocked me clear into the wall and I went through it!!!! And behind the "solid" rock wall, there was a little part where you could stand on mid-air and not die!!!! And no matter what Sparx did, he couldn't follow me behind the wall. The bad part of this "glitch" is, as I said, don't know how to preform again, and you have to re-set the entire game in order to undo the glitch.

-NOTE: I've tried to do the same glitch again with the Stone Statue dude, but this time I just hit the wall.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#11 Posted: 01:14:43 03/11/2007
There is one major flaw in programming in the game. Whilst meleeing foes in the air, if you fall down between a group of them, or fall on the wall, you will be stuck there temporarily. I just used Dragon Time whenever that happened. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#12 Posted: 01:53:29 03/11/2007
Actually, the stuck there thing is due to the funky collision detection.

Remember that Spyro is a quadruped!... what does this means? That his collision boxes are extending foward rather than forming a cube. This also means that if you jump in certain ways, you can clip through objects.

To help with jumping, Spyro's collision boxes are smaller when jumping but rebecome at full size when on the ground... this actually cause interesting glitches as Spyro can squeeze through holes but find himself stuck inside of objects.

To compensate with this flaw, the game is equipped with an automatic "kick-back" that send Spyro flying back to a checkpoint of sorts whenever he get hopelessly stuck (no player input possible).

Yeah, that's weird but well, that is that.

NOTE: I came up with this via testing in the game, not via cracking and looking through the code (which I can't do and is, last I know, illegal)... so it might be false. But well, according to my tests, it's the case ; Spyro's collision boxes are smaller when he is jumping/falling, thus meaning he can get stuck in place where he cannot fit when standing.
#13 Posted: 10:54:54 08/11/2007 | Topic Creator
^ interesting....

OMG can't wait till i can sponsor a kid!!!!!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me