Page 1 of 1
Unanswered Questions. [CLOSED]
Kelthateah Green Sparx Gems: 100
#1 Posted: 00:08:38 29/06/2009 | Topic Creator
There seems to be a lot of debate over certain aspects of the series that people absolutely LOVE to disagree about.

Yes I am aware that there are plenty of rant topics and plenty of individual topics on each subject but I'd rather not post to them because most of them are infested with immature people who would rather defend Spyro's franchise to the death than realize that his recent installments are pathetic compared to the original trilogy (in my opinion). Don't get me wrong though, I loved TLoS!!! But that just shows how GREAT the original three really were!

I just wanted to make a topic for INTELLIGENT discussion on the much-debated topics of TLoS. And by that I mean-

-Ignitus' death/survival
-Malefor being related to Spyro
-Cynder being related to Spyro
-Cynder's slight color change from TEN to DOTD
-Pretty much every other thing about Cynder
-Ignitus' "when a dragon dies.." speech.
-EVERYTHING ABOUT THE MOVIE.

Please no flaming and unnecessary comments, I'd really like to keep this topic from becoming a war site. I'm not trying to seem mean or cynical :C

Anyway, My opinions..

-Ignitus' Death/ "when a dragon dies.." speech.
Yes. DEATH. I think the game developers made it painfully obvious with the addition of the speech that Ignitus did, in fact, die. The meaning behind "when a dragon dies, he does not truly leave this world.." implies that when Ignitus died his SPIRIT stays to watch over the world/take care of some unfinished business, much like real human spirits do when we die. And I think with the sudden reveal at the end of the game where Ignitus is shown speaking with the Chronicler is saying that in order to become a Chronicler a worthy dragon SPIRIT must be chosen. (Also take note of a picture during the cutscene where the origins of the dragon city are explained, if you pay attention, the dragon with the green hide seen talking to the moles in a still picture is an almost carbon copy of the Chronicler)

-Malefor IS NOT related to spyro.
This is completely my opinion actually. Because as far as I know there is no solid proof that states Malefor is related to Spyro much less any that proves it otherwise. But Ignitus states that every TEN generations. A generation (as stated by wikipedia) is about 25.2 years in America. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say a generation is roughly 100 years for dragons considering how long they can live. Making every 1000 years the birthday for a purple dragon. Now, that would make Malefor 1000+ years old considering he was the first right? Wrong. Remember he says that there have been many before him? ('Many' for me is 4 or more of anything) SO I estimate Malefor is over 4000-5000+ years old. Which is plausible, if you pay attention to the fact that he is a purple dragon, making him extremely powerful in the first place, and THEN him getting corrupted and sealed away, which would possibly allow him to store away power to keep him alive.
Also as far as I know there is no proof that the current guardians are the same ones that trained Malefor.

-My thoughts on Cynder
Okay first Cynder and Spyro aren't related. That has been stated by Sierra already. The batch of eggs could have possibly been just a collection of the laid eggs for that generation. After all, the guardians are very aware that every ten generations a purple dragon was born, so they would hoard all of the eggs laid during that year and kept them all until hatched, to ensure the purple dragon would be born safely. So Cynder's egg just so happens to be in the same batch as Spyro's when she is stolen away.
Cynder is taken captive and twisted and corrupted by Malefor's powerful influence, causing her change in appearance and personality to do his bidding. I think that Dark Cynder was more of a shell than anything else. While the semi-mindless controlled body of Cynder is being commanded by Malefor, the young Cynder is forced dormant inside, and when Spyro defeats the Dark Cynder, he 'frees' the younger one. Hence Cynder's obsession with hating and brooding over what she has done WITHOUT HER CONTROL. This could also help explain why Cynder couldn't remember anything about what Malefor was saying at the end of DOTD.
Oh and her color change? I personally think that was a clever move by the developers to make her seem less taken over by Malefor. I think they did that to show her change in heart and closeness to Spyro, and how she has broken away from Malefor's grip.

-The Movie.
Personally I think it will either be cancelled (like Halo) or it will just go straight to DVD. No previews, no trailers, etc. It happens for a lot of movies. I mean really, how many times have you walked through a movie isle in a store and see a brand new movie being sold yet there was never any trailers or previews aside from those on the internet?

Opinions please! smilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#2 Posted: 01:04:33 29/06/2009
Good points. You may be right about the movie but I would like at least a little notice about when the movie will be released exactly. As for whether or not I want the movie around at all, is hard to say. I already played the game, so there will be no suprises, except the slight story changes that were mentioned earlier.

I'm conflicted about Cynder. Yes it was fun to play as her, but the person behind the character kind of ruins it, if you know what I mean. For starters, Christina Ricci did a bad job voicing her. Like in the scene with the Death of Iggy/rise of Dark Spyro, she didn't sound as upset as her face/ the situation might have suggested. Your theory on why she didn't remember a thing about the stuff Malefor said is good, but it should have been explained more, since Dotd is the end of a trilogy, which means it should have explained all. I agree with the folks who say there should be another game to tie up loose ends, but what can they do with it without starting a whole other bunch of LOS games? It's WAY too soon to bring Malefor back; he JUST died! You can't bring in a new villain, as that would diverge too far away from the LOS trilogy, which sort of centered on Malefor as the villain. The only way they can make it work is to relese a handful more of non-LoS games, then relese a "Legend Revisited" game which adresses all these plotholes. This is another thing that was good about Original Spyro, the games had nothing to do with eachother, and therefore you had no plotholes between them.

I agree the current Guardians did not teach Malefor. If they did, they REEEEALY should have said something personal about him. As for Malefor's age, it doesn't matter to me.

I don't remember the Chronicler saying Spirit Dragon. I'll look at the cutscene again.

EDIT:

Yep, see? No mention of Spirit Dragon or Dragon Spirit.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:09:26 29/06/2009 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#3 Posted: 03:46:23 29/06/2009
-Ignitus' death/survival
Ignitus' body died, but not his mind. This makes me think that any Chronicler is a spirit of a sort.

Oh, and his death was pretty much stupid; they basically went "LET'S WALK SLOWLY AND DRAMATICALLY INSTEAD OF RUNNING OR FLYING QUICKLY!"

-Malefor being related to Spyro
Get your head out of the gutter; they most likely are not.

-Cynder being related to Spyro
Idiots who made the GBA version of ANB's fault.

-Cynder's slight color change from TEN to DOTD
Bad graphic makers/programmers. Some people also suggest that the game engine they used wouldn't be able to support such a black color, and some also think that Cynder is slightly purple from Spyro's color reflecting off her skin/scales.

-Pretty much every other thing about Cynder
Be specific. And short and simple: she's a Mary Sue.

-Ignitus' "when a dragon dies.." speech.
That was so frikkin' pointless except for the very end. And it had nothing to do with how Spyro would save the world. I do think that knowing Ignitus existed somehow made Spyro's moral go up though.

-EVERYTHING ABOUT THE MOVIE.
Be specific. And it's unrelated to this particular game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:47:30 29/06/2009 by Shrazer320
Kelthateah Green Sparx Gems: 100
#4 Posted: 14:56:31 29/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Cynder wasn't a Mary Sue in the first two games in my opinion. I mean she had a decent backstory. It was only during DOTD and partially through TEN that she started losing her character's individuality and started becoming more of a predictable character. Plus in ANB she was a
badass. (censored for the little kiddies)

I also just kinda wanted to say that I adored Christina Ricci's voice for her. But the voice acting itself was terrible, She could have done SO much better. To me it just lacked the emotion that I think Cynder would have after going through what she has. smilie

(I tend to be picky about that :S)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:59:45 29/06/2009 by Kelthateah
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me