Page 1 of 1
Storyline questions... (Possible spoilers) [CLOSED]
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#1 Posted: 02:10:22 05/10/2007 | Topic Creator
As the question in itself might be a spoiler, it's hidden in the spoiler tags. Click at your own risk.

I heard that you can play as Dark Spyro or whatever late in the game. I wonder if it has any real gameplay changes (such as getting a Dark Power-based breath or the likes).

Also, is the Dark Spyro transformation forced or is there a choice later on in the story?

Also, do the transformation has any effect on the ending and/or the storyline if it's optionnal?

Thank you in advance.
Last edited at 02:11:33 05/10/2007 by Zerodius
me Fodder
#2 Posted: 21:47:40 05/10/2007
i dunno but this is definitely true. i saw it in the guide, available at gamestop...or was it gameSPOT? hmm...
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3 Posted: 01:04:23 06/10/2007
Gamestop. Gamespot is a video game website. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
the doctor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1617
#4 Posted: 08:55:30 06/10/2007
there was amoment in the trailer where spyro did seem abit... dark an evil... you know with the glowing purple eyes... i think this choice will be avalible after tht bit when gaul hit spyro with the green zappy stuff...
i suppose ive let out what was in that spoiler...
---
A moment can last for seconds,
But a memory can last forever...
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#5 Posted: 17:55:39 06/10/2007
That what Zerodius said in spoiler was true!
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#6 Posted: 17:58:04 06/10/2007
i still havent made it past celestial caves it hard there
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
Spyrodude25 Blue Sparx Gems: 929
#7 Posted: 19:59:02 06/10/2007
Yeah you do get to play as dark spyro and you get a dark breath but its not as good as the one in anb.
---
smilie and smilie don't like each other!
need help Fodder
#8 Posted: 21:25:20 16/11/2007
what do you do in the celestial caves when you get to the weird pedestal and that little cra s running around
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#9 Posted: 21:31:41 16/11/2007
you do D-time, then you head-bash them
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
spyro go Green Sparx Gems: 353
#10 Posted: 00:03:27 17/11/2007
how do you play as darkspyro?????????!!!!!also please do not read my
reveal spoiler tag or just do it at your own risk!!!!
I told you not to look!!so heres something I have to say:this game
is the best spyro game I ever played!Did you know I played as cynder.I loved it!smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
---
smilie: omg Spyro the worlds gonna explode
smilie:sparx you gotta stay here ill take care of Malefor
#11 Posted: 02:36:17 17/11/2007
Quote: spyro go
how do you play as darkspyro?????????!!!!!also please do not read my
reveal spoiler tag or just do it at your own risk!!!!
I told you not to look!!so heres something I have to say:this game
is the best spyro game I ever played!Did you know I played as cynder.I loved it!smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

GBA version?! DS version?! <.<;
---
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#12 Posted: 02:44:46 17/11/2007
Now, if you're talkin' PS2 version, then you have to defeat the dragon challenges. And if you want to know about the Dark Spyro, *SPOILER* you have to push down on the left analog stick, and Spyro will turn black, even when it's story mode, but it can't be those realsitic like story modes where it's like in the beginning or towards the end. But you click it anytime you want, and when you click down on the left analog stick again when Spyro is dark, then he will turn back to normal. Simple, right?
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#13 Posted: 06:18:54 17/11/2007
SG, what are you talking about, GBA or conslole, 'cause I've beaten the game twice on PS2 and never got to play as Cynder (would be kool though).
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
Nayamou Green Sparx Gems: 310
#14 Posted: 09:07:45 17/11/2007
Must be DS. I've beaten the GBA version quite a few times and never played as Cynder. >>;
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#15 Posted: 09:11:01 17/11/2007
yeah after you beat the DS version, you get to play as cynder, altho its just a skin or something

ps: I'm gettin a DS and DS browser for x-mas YAY!!!!!!
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#16 Posted: 11:05:17 17/11/2007
Urgh, skin's mean nothing to me, the character themselves is what's important. Playing as that charater is better than just a skin.
Actually I think I've played a game where once you've completed it you play as another character (not just a skin) and you get see how the story changes with that character.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
scaab Fodder
#17 Posted: 21:46:29 05/12/2007
How in the hell do you beat the spiders in the celetial caves......everything I try doesn't seem to work?
fantasy lover Fodder
#18 Posted: 00:43:52 06/12/2007
Yeah they are tricky obstacles, The trick is to let them run around until they head right twords you. Then use dragon time to get in front of them and head-butt them by pressing X,X,O. It's hard to get those pesky things at first, but with a little Perseverance I'm sure you'll get itsmilie
SpyroGirl101 Green Sparx Gems: 492
#19 Posted: 22:48:04 06/12/2007
Awesome! I am so getting the DS version now!
#20 Posted: 02:29:43 07/12/2007
Don't! It's not worth the money! I'm serious!
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#21 Posted: 19:32:26 07/12/2007
It doesn't look like anyone has actually answered Zerodius' questions about the story, so here they are, just in case.

Spyro's transformation into Dark Spyro was an accident and bad timing more than anything else. He fell into the Soul Beam (my nickname for the red-purple-white fountain of energy that spills out of Malefor and Convexity) just as the moons aligned and was hit with the full burst of dark power. He struggled a little, but ended up becoming Dark Spyro.

When the fight with Gaul was over, he flew back up to the first level of the arena. Cynder knew exactly what was going on; she took a look at him and whispered "Oh no..." before leaping forward and knocking Spyro out of the Soul Beam. Once he was free of that, Spyro became himself again but he was horrified at what he'd just done and become. He said he couldn't stop himself.

As for this having an effect on the storyline in the future, I'd say it does. Most fans speculate that Spyro has been touched by the darkness and will have to fight against that. At the very least, it's had an emotional impact on him.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#22 Posted: 19:38:02 07/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Thank you. Glad to finally have an answer.

As I have finished the game (both Wii and GBA versions), the explanation really make sense.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me