Page 1 of 1
My experience [CLOSED]
MrHenky Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#1 Posted: 20:36:37 22/06/2009 | Topic Creator
OK, I must say, DOTD looks cool, it's great. BUT! It's also frustrating. I was playing one section in Burned Lands, when you must kill two big purple giants. It tooks me ONE HOUR ane after dying again, again and AGAIN, I simply loose my nerves and use cheats. I really can't imagine giving this game to my children. I'm playing FPS which is less harder on hardest level. This is pitty.

I have two questions:
1. What is so special about using same kind of parts of armour?
2. What is that purple bar in the middle of the screen? Is that a fury bar? If yes, how can I use it? I tried pushing everything on control, but nothing happens.

Neverthenless, I like this game, only not that much as ANB and TEN.
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#2 Posted: 20:50:44 22/06/2009
1. If you get all the pieces of armor in a set and equip them, then Spyro and Cynder will get new abilities. Each set has a different ability.

2. Yes, it's a fury meter. On PS2 and PS3, you press, I believe, Square and Triangle at the same time.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#3 Posted: 20:56:36 22/06/2009
Quote: MrHenky
OK, I must say, DOTD looks cool, it's great. BUT! It's also frustrating. I was playing one section in Burned Lands, when you must kill two big purple giants. It tooks me ONE HOUR ane after dying again, again and AGAIN, I simply loose my nerves and use cheats. I really can't imagine giving this game to my children. I'm playing FPS which is less harder on hardest level. This is pitty.

I have two questions:
1. What is so special about using same kind of parts of armour?
2. What is that purple bar in the middle of the screen? Is that a fury bar? If yes, how can I use it? I tried pushing everything on control, but nothing happens.

Neverthenless, I like this game, only not that much as ANB and TEN.

1. When you use all of 1 armour set at once you unlock special abilitys. Like for the first one you unlock a stronger melee attack, the second one you unlock the ability to not get stunned when you get it. You can get it and not have to wait until Spyro/Cynder stop spazzing out and the third one is 'Ultimate Fury Breath' you can use the fury breath by cycling through the breaths and when you are in fury mode you're breath is more powerfull and lasts longer... It even has the 'Convexity Bomb' abbility used by Malefor (Purple missles).

• PS2/PS3 = Square and Triangle
  • Xbox360 = X and Y
  • Wii = C and Z

These must be pressed at the same time... Its easier than it sounds... Also... Congratulations on getting that far through the game without EVER using a fury! Seriously!
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#4 Posted: 21:00:39 22/06/2009
You can do Convexity Bomb? Don't you just gain the Fury breathe with the armor?

I tried C and Z to activate the Fury without cheats. FAILZ. It didn't gave me Fury D:
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#5 Posted: 21:01:37 22/06/2009
1. You get something rather useful, like slow regenerating health or mana, better defense, etc. I believe if you get a certain set you get a new, unlockable breath.

2. No idea. I never really cared to find out.smilie But it is, indeed, a fury bar.
#6 Posted: 21:20:48 22/06/2009
Quote: Dragonhope

I tried C and Z to activate the Fury without cheats. FAILZ. It didn't gave me Fury D:

You did? Thats strange... Maybe its different dipending on where you come from...
#7 Posted: 21:24:20 22/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809
Also... Congratulations on getting that far through the game without EVER using a fury! Seriously!

Really? Oh, thanks!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:29:06 22/06/2009 by MrHenky
#8 Posted: 21:28:33 22/06/2009
Also... Congratulations on getting that far through the game without EVER using a fury! Seriously!

Really? Oh, thanks!

Yeah! I always have to use a fury on a Troll (the things at the end of the burnt land) if I have one... That should have been an achivment... 'Complete the game 100% without using a fury' Except for right at the end of course...
#9 Posted: 21:29:18 22/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Another thing. I think I remember someone saying Cynder's voice isn't good. I disagree. Her voice is sweet as her look. Before DOTD, she was girl of my dreams. Now I love her! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:30:33 22/06/2009 by MrHenky
#10 Posted: 21:32:12 22/06/2009
Another thing. I think I remember someone saying Cynder's voice isn't good. I disagree. Her voice is sweet as her look. Before DOTD, she was girld of my dreams. Now I love her! smilie

Yeah... At first I didn't like her voice, not because it was a bad voice but because I didn't think it suited Cynder well, but then I got used to it... Also... Don't say you lover her around here or... Anything about her looks... You will be basicly attacked by 'ANTI-DROOLING-CYNER-FANS' people... Trust me... I've been there smilie
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#11 Posted: 21:57:10 22/06/2009
Quote: Dragonhope

You did? Thats strange... Maybe its different dipending on where you come from...
I came from North America and I'm STILL trying to know how I activated Fury Mode randomly.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#12 Posted: 22:04:31 22/06/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
1. If you get all the pieces of armor in a set and equip them, then Spyro and Cynder will get new abilities. Each set has a different ability.

2. Yes, it's a fury meter. On PS2 and PS3, you press, I believe, Square and Triangle at the same time.

Which then of course, on the 360, X and Y.
(Or Blue and Yellow if you don't do letters...[slapped])
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#13 Posted: 22:40:14 22/06/2009
Well, I still don't know which buttons are which in comparison to PS3 and 360. xD even though I have both.

Hardly ever play the 360 anyways, it's out in the living room as more of a "family" console.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#14 Posted: 00:22:19 23/06/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
Well, I still don't know which buttons are which in comparison to PS3 and 360. xD even though I have both.

Hardly ever play the 360 anyways, it's out in the living room as more of a "family" console.

Okay...
PS-----XB
X = A
O = B
/\ = Y
[] = x
L1/2 = LB/LT
R1/2 = RB/RT

The rest are obvious.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#15 Posted: 03:21:28 23/06/2009
Except the PlayStation & N64 came first. So I'd say Microsoft pretty much ripped off the control schemes of Nintendo and Sony's systems. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me