Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What if Spyro started earlier?
Page 1 of 1
What if Spyro started earlier? [CLOSED]
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#1 Posted: 00:32:50 12/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, what if the Spyro franchise got started up back in the days of 8 bit gaming as opposed to 3D gaming? Do you think the franchise would have matured better and made a bigger impression on the gaming industry and fandom?

Chances are though, it would work like the legends and be an RPG-esque sort of thing as opposed to a platformer though.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#2 Posted: 00:35:29 12/06/2009
Spyro probably would've faired better, had it been older. Most of the older franchises you'll find these days are mega sellers. Also, Spyro just came out at a bad time for gaming, a time when a lot of games similar to Spyro came out.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#3 Posted: 00:36:53 12/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Plus, he could have been in Brawl... XP
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#4 Posted: 00:38:07 12/06/2009
Just finished Brawl an hour ago, and it would've been kinda cool to have Spyro in there.
Along with about 50 other characters I can think of.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 01:31:41 12/06/2009
Well, he probably would have been more successful. But on the flip side, he'd probably have been another Japanese-created video game. There's also the possibly that he could have been one of those games that had a string of good titles during the 8-Bit/Early 16-Bit days and then disappeared off the face of gaming... only to come back with a terribly crappy 3D sequel. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#6 Posted: 14:12:28 12/06/2009
Quite a dumb idea, not every game which started in the 8 bit era is successful as Mario or Final Fantasy. Kid Icarus is the prime example.
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#7 Posted: 16:31:24 12/06/2009
I think that would actually be awesome if he did! Perhaps have a homeworld and enter portals. Flame sheep in 8-bit as they frolick in the grassy areas.

I can already picture it. x3 Spyro looks cute in my mind.
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#8 Posted: 16:55:24 12/06/2009
thats a tought one i think rock untill the ps2 came i think
#9 Posted: 19:22:57 12/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Chances are, the Spyro game would have resembled the Legend of Zelda; you'd be a weird looking purple thing that looks as close to a dragon as possible. You'd move in an top-down RPG like manner and have to flame things that got in your way. Chances are, it would have a setting and storyline similar to LoS (but probably just the basic skeleton of it). Or it would be similar to the widget-ness of Mother or Mario.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#10 Posted: 23:55:10 12/06/2009
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
Quite a dumb idea, not every game which started in the 8 bit era is successful as Mario or Final Fantasy. Kid Icarus is the prime example.

Like I said... a big name that "falls off" so to speak. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#11 Posted: 01:28:48 13/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, but this was all just a speculation sort of thing.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me