Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > news on the next Spyro game.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
news on the next Spyro game. [CLOSED]
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#1 Posted: 21:57:22 04/06/2009 | Topic Creator
The head of Spyro games,who made AHT,FUSION,SL,and TLOS has quit Sierra. they are making the Spyro movie,(of course. smilie) but sometime in 2010,they said they may just be going back to the original. i heard from somewhere it might be like a sequal to AHT. i heard this from a Spyro forum,i cant remember wich though. smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 22:00:01 04/06/2009
Are you sure this isn't another false rumor? Because I haven't seen any new information about Spyro lately. If you don't have the link to the Spyro forum on where this info is on, then this info will be considered false.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#3 Posted: 22:02:16 04/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
Are you sure this isn't another false rumor? Because I haven't seen any new information about Spyro lately. If you don't have the link to the Spyro forum on where this info is on, then this info will be considered false.

they had an interview with the owner. he said he will miss all of the great fans of Spyro. check the ending of the credits in DOTD and he says "thank you for supporting Spyro for ten years!" he later said it was his 'goodbye message'.
#4 Posted: 22:04:40 04/06/2009
Sorry, but if you don't have proof, then this information is considered false. If you're going to put information about new Spyro-related subjects, then you have to add some quotes and links the info is on.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:36 04/06/2009 by Aura24
#5 Posted: 22:12:07 04/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Sorry, but if you don't have proof, then this information is considered false. If you're going to put information about new Spyro-related subjects, then you have to add some quotes and links the info is on.

hmm...your right there. but i know i saw it,i wouldnt lie about this.
#6 Posted: 22:19:34 04/06/2009
It was probably someone who wanted to post false information about Spyro, just to get fans riled up. If there was new Spyro info, then Darkspyro or another member would've add links to where the new information is posted at, then just saying that they're continuing with the classic Spyro. No one will believe you if you only say that, with no proof.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:22:59 04/06/2009 by Aura24
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#7 Posted: 23:28:39 04/06/2009
That's why I wait until I figure hell the hell to contact the Spyro Makers because they the true source and can answer questions.

Like mine about Spyro and Cynders true age.
This one douche on DarkSpyro.net keeps saying:
"Oh, they're 15 chronologically not physically." smilie ..... [slapped]

...which needs to stop...Ask the Dev's, don't assume with failed reasoning.
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#8 Posted: 04:14:38 05/06/2009
Chances are; they may be no more Spyro games.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#9 Posted: 04:59:01 05/06/2009
There are going to be more Spyro games, BlackDragon. You're just saying that because you probably don't like more Spyro games to be made.
---
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#10 Posted: 05:28:43 05/06/2009
Aura, anything can happen you know. Maybe Spyro games wont ever come out again.
#11 Posted: 05:30:51 05/06/2009
Oh not you too. It's your opinion, I'm positive they'll be more Spyro games, and if there are, then I'll be glad. Oh wait, they ALREADY confirmed that there will be more Spyro games.

Oh and Spyro fan 8, you probably meant Chris Wilson leaving the Spyro projects and saying goodbye. Mike Graham, one of the two producers of the LoS trilogy, is still in charge of Spyro. And you probably got the info from spyroworld.net, where they post news about Spyro. It's old information though.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 06:05:41 05/06/2009 by Aura24
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#12 Posted: 11:13:25 05/06/2009
You misread a lot of old news, Spyro Fan 8.

Chris Wilson is not the head of anything. He worked on AHT, SL and was one of the two producer/writers on the trilogy. He did not quit but was reassigned. Mike Graham, the other member of the duo, is still part of the current Spyro team and is working on the film, which does not have a release date (though IMDb claims it will come out in Turkey in February of 2010, which means nothing as IMDb's information is constantly being updated).

You got your info off Spyroworld. How do I know? I posted the news about the Turkish release date for the film and remember the post about Chris Wilson. Pay better attention before you panic.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#13 Posted: 13:41:04 05/06/2009
To Razz: The date of release for Americans is Christmas 2009.
To Spyro fan 8: The sequal to A Hero's Tail is Shadow Legacy. *Slaps head*
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#14 Posted: 13:44:56 05/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz

Chris Wilson is not the head of anything. He worked on AHT, SL and was one of the two producer/writers on the trilogy. He did not quit but was reassigned. Mike Graham, the other member of the duo, is still part of the current Spyro team and is working on the film, which does not have a release date (though IMDb claims it will come out in Turkey in February of 2010, which means nothing as IMDb's information is constantly being updated).

You got your info off Spyroworld. How do I know? I posted the news about the Turkish release date for the film and remember the post about Chris Wilson. Pay better attention before you panic.

nope,i dont even know what spyroworld is!
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#15 Posted: 18:43:34 05/06/2009
That would be awkward if they made another one similiar to AHT, though as long as they don't have that smae voice for Spyro it could be ok.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
K-Tech Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#16 Posted: 04:11:55 06/06/2009
Like I said before, as long as the Spyro series makes a profit, then there will be more games. It's a business no-brainer. If Acti just drop-kicks it, then they lost another asset to their empire, even though it doesn't quite sell as much as Call of Duty or whatever else they endorse and publish.
---
I'm k-tech... and I approve this message.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#17 Posted: 04:20:43 06/06/2009
Quote: spyro fan 8

Your source does, then, because that's where those stories are posted.

As for the movie being released Christmas 2009, that has not been officially confirmed. At this time, it is just a rumor.
K-Tech Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#18 Posted: 07:08:35 06/06/2009
Well, something has to pop up in the August-October timespan. Usually that's where we find a lot of info about a movie being released.

It should be very soon, I just saw at a CineMark theater that a Disney movie , "The Princess and the Frog", is due to be released "Holiday 2009"... so we're getting there to the point of seeing a possible Spyro poster IF that rumor is true.
---
I'm k-tech... and I approve this message.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#19 Posted: 13:15:00 06/06/2009
It's not a rumor, it was said at the Sierra website.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#20 Posted: 13:40:09 06/06/2009 | Topic Creator

Your source does, then, because that's where those stories are posted.

As for the movie being released Christmas 2009, that has not been officially confirmed. At this time, it is just a rumor.

nupe. smilie It's official. Spyroworld must be late smilie activision.com still thinks DOTD isnt out yet in USA! smilie
#21 Posted: 18:16:56 06/06/2009
Oh not you too. It's your opinion, I'm positive they'll be more Spyro games, and if there are, then I'll be glad. Oh wait, they ALREADY confirmed that there will be more Spyro games.

Oh and Spyro fan 8, you probably meant Chris Wilson leaving the Spyro projects and saying goodbye. Mike Graham, one of the two producers of the LoS trilogy, is still in charge of Spyro. And you probably got the info from spyroworld.net, where they post news about Spyro. It's old information though.

Link please or else your statement is false.
#22 Posted: 19:46:03 06/06/2009
Here's your proof, Spyro2008! This is from Chris Wilson himself leaving the Spyro projects. It used to be in the Sierra forums, but Razz was kindly enough to repost the quote.

http://www.spyroworld.net/home/8672

As for future games, I can't really say too much at this time. What I will share with you is that I am unfortunately no longer going to be working on the Spyro franchise. My reassignment comes with a heavy heart I assure you. This project has been an amazing experience that I will always cherish, but have no fear because Mike (Graham) will carry the torch. I have the utmost faith that the future will be brighter than ever for Spyro.

Thanks again for all of your support over the years. I can't tell you how much it has meant.

And also here's information AND the link about more Spyro games. They had it confirmed a few months ago. It used to be on the Sierra Forums also, but I found another copy of the interview Mike Graham did for DotD.

http://www.staticmultimedia.co...n_of_the_dragon

Will this be the last Spyro game or are there plans to make more after this finale?

Without a doubt, there will be more Spyro games in the future. The entire purpose of the trilogy was to re-establish the characters and the world in a way that would allow for growth and expansion. We’ve only scratched the surface.

Next time, BlackDragonAJ89 and Spyro2008, wait for information before suddenly blurting out there won't be any Spyro games.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 04:31:17 07/06/2009 by Aura24
#23 Posted: 21:23:04 06/06/2009
Here's your proof, Spyro2008! This is from Chris Wilson himself leaving the Spyro projects. It used to be in the Sierra forums, but Razz was kindly enough to repost the quote.

As for future games, I can't really say too much at this time. What I will share with you is that I am unfortunately no longer going to be working on the Spyro franchise. My reassignment comes with a heavy heart I assure you. This project has been an amazing experience that I will always cherish, but have no fear because Mike (Graham) will carry the torch. I have the utmost faith that the future will be brighter than ever for Spyro.

Thanks again for all of your support over the years. I can't tell you how much it has meant.

And also here's information AND the link about more Spyro games. They had it confirmed a few months ago. It used to be on the Sierra Forums also, but I found another copy of the interview Mike Graham did for DotD.

Will this be the last Spyro game or are there plans to make more after this finale?

Without a doubt, there will be more Spyro games in the future. The entire purpose of the trilogy was to re-establish the characters and the world in a way that would allow for growth and expansion. We’ve only scratched the surface.

Next time, Blackholes_Wolf and Spyro2008, wait for information before suddenly blurting out there won't be any Spyro games.

Even though the games are confirmed they can always cancel it you know. Don't get your hopes so high. Also, mind giving me the link to where they told us it'd be TloS?
#24 Posted: 21:25:35 06/06/2009
I didn't say anything that they'll continue with the LoS games, I just said that there will be more Spyro games. But as Mike Graham states that the whole purpose of the LoS trilogy was to re-establish the characters and the world that would allow growth and expansion, it might be a possibility that they'll more make LoS games.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:29:29 06/06/2009 by Aura24
#25 Posted: 02:43:07 07/06/2009
The reason I say "there could be no more Spyro games" is because Activision is a lot like EA these days; more concerned about sticking to cash cow franchises and screwing over the decent artists (like what EA pulled on Maxis) for the sake of making some extra dollars.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#26 Posted: 15:51:09 07/06/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
The reason I say "there could be no more Spyro games" is because Activision is a lot like EA these days; more concerned about sticking to cash cow franchises and screwing over the decent artists (like what EA pulled on Maxis) for the sake of making some extra dollars.

*sigh* they always do that. they rush to get the games out and make some extra bucks too.
---
This old place has changed too much
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#27 Posted: 00:32:03 08/06/2009
Activision is a complete and total cash cow jackass company; this article is living proof. I don't understand why they'd reassign Chris Wilson, especially if they plan on making more Legend of Spyro games. That'd be like making a main-stream Mario or Zelda game without Miyamoto.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#28 Posted: 02:41:58 08/06/2009
Gee, I didn't want to be that right... DX
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#29 Posted: 23:54:31 12/06/2009

ow your the one who doesn't have any proof! Or not presetning it. But I agree with you, I have seen proof, its right here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNSNW44SY-Q
Watch the begging, and read the sentences.
#30 Posted: 23:56:51 12/06/2009

Next time, BlackDragonAJ89 and Spyro2008, wait for information before suddenly blurting out there won't be any Spyro games.

Opps, sorry about that. At least its double confirmed now! smilie
Phantom 69 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1624
#31 Posted: 02:39:39 13/06/2009
Aura24, youre gettin' to hyped up on yourself. Calm down. I really don't give a damn about the next spyro game as long as the gameplay will be better.
---
T.E.O.M.E.I.M.F.: The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend.
http://www.youtube.com/ThePhantomKing
#32 Posted: 03:10:01 13/06/2009
I wasn't getting hyped up. I was just showing proof, since it's annoying that fans keep saying there will no Spyro games just because the future games might be in the LoS universe.
---
Nalemor Ripto Gems: 789
#33 Posted: 03:34:23 13/06/2009
Wow, I don't see what the big deal is. If they make more Spyro games, great, if they don't, so what? You all know there are better games than Spyro out there...
spyro1714 Green Sparx Gems: 378
#34 Posted: 03:54:04 13/06/2009
If they take their time on the next game and improve some of the gameplay the next game will be fine, no matter what universe it's in
Phantom 69 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1624
#35 Posted: 12:48:49 13/06/2009
Quote: spyro1714
If they take their time on the next game and improve some of the gameplay the next game will be fine, no matter what universe it's in

I agree, and that's still hyping up yo.
---
T.E.O.M.E.I.M.F.: The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend.
http://www.youtube.com/ThePhantomKing
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#36 Posted: 14:54:44 13/06/2009
Quote: Nalemor
Wow, I don't see what the big deal is. If they make more Spyro games, great, if they don't, so what? You all know there are better games than Spyro out there...

Yeah... Its not like the end of the world if Spyro ends... It'll be sad to see the series go but its not like theres never gonna be any other games or whatever... If you get what I mean...
#37 Posted: 17:00:37 13/06/2009
Quote: bionicle2809

Yeah... Its not like the end of the world if Spyro ends... It'll be sad to see the series go but its not like theres never gonna be any other games or whatever... If you get what I mean...

Remember people, there's always.... POKEMON! smilie
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#38 Posted: 17:58:25 13/06/2009

Well, Spyro has certainly been going down hill in some areas ever since TLOS,,
But then again, nothing lasts forever. The Spyro seris will probaly end sooner or later.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:00:04 13/06/2009 by ignitusforever
#39 Posted: 22:31:48 13/06/2009
I wasn't getting hyped up. I was just showing proof, since it's annoying that fans keep saying there will no Spyro games just because the future games might be in the LoS universe.

The status of Spyro is slightly less certain than it was before the Activision merger, I think is what some people are trying to say here. <.>
---
#40 Posted: 01:40:22 14/06/2009
Quote: HIR

The status of Spyro is slightly less certain than it was before the Activision merger, I think is what some people are trying to say here. <.>

Thank you for the support. I get tired of people telling me I'm disloyal because I feel that there's a chance that there won't be another game due to the Activision merger.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#41 Posted: 06:03:38 14/06/2009
Quote: bionicle2809

Remember people, there's always.... POKEMON! XD

Yay!!! :D *shot*
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#42 Posted: 22:34:35 14/06/2009
Quote: HIR

Thank you for the support. I get tired of people telling me I'm disloyal because I feel that there's a chance that there won't be another game due to the Activision merger.

No problem. I don't want to see another series that still has good games left in it left to die. Kinda like the status of Banjo-Kazooie right about now, thanks to the "Make Bill Gates Richer Foundation." >.>
---
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#43 Posted: 10:36:05 15/06/2009
The head of Spyro games,who made AHT,FUSION,SL,and TLOS has quit Sierra. they are making the Spyro movie,(of course. XD) but sometime in 2010,they said they may just be going back to the original. i heard from somewhere it might be like a sequal to AHT. i heard this from a Spyro forum,i cant remember wich though. /shrug

Well, all what I can do now is hope that that is true with all my heart. :D
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#44 Posted: 19:18:10 15/06/2009
Well if someone finds a worker from the next Spyro game, I would be glad to talk to him/her.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Leetdero Red Sparx Gems: 76
#45 Posted: 22:25:49 15/06/2009
Personally. I think that the Spyro franchise will soon wear thin if they don't come up with any new ideas. I think the best corse of action is another series like TLOS but infinaterly more superior.
---
Hey kids, I have this new hard to find hack that I would like to show you. It's called skill
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#46 Posted: 01:57:21 20/06/2009
Somebody remind we why the creator of this thread was removed? lol

Yeah the co-creator of tLoS resignes... there is still one left and this was a phoney thread anyhow... lol
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
#47 Posted: 02:10:13 20/06/2009
As much as you guys may hate TLoS it saved Spyro. Not to take anyrthing away from its story but it was made to reboot spyro and to acertain extent it did. Ther shouldn't be a new series, we don't need one and it would be too weird having another story. If you want a fighting game improve TLoS. If you want an RPG we can go back to the originals.
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#48 Posted: 02:26:35 20/06/2009
Quote: spyro1714
As much as you guys may hate TLoS it saved Spyro. Not to take anyrthing away from its story but it was made to reboot spyro and to acertain extent it did. Ther shouldn't be a new series, we don't need one and it would be too weird having another story. If you want a fighting game improve TLoS. If you want an RPG we can go back to the originals.

Three stories would be confusing... and dare I ask what inspired that?

Nothing wrong with what you said... just wondering what made you post that (in this particular thread...)
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
#49 Posted: 18:21:30 20/06/2009
A coment was posted by leetdaro saying we needed a new series on this page and i've seen some simular to that on other pages.

Not trying to diss leetdaro or anything
Neal Yellow Sparx Gems: 1091
#50 Posted: 00:33:31 21/06/2009
spyro1714: Want to tell me how it saved the series, exactly? It split fans in half - turning every Spyro forum into a warzone. The games were failures with critics. Gaming blogs and news sites couldn't make a news post about TLoS without making fun of it - the fact Spyro was small, purple, or his design was ugly - or the series needed to be put to an end.

So, it didn't unite fans.
It didn't get good ratings.
It didn't earn the respect of gaming news reporters.
And, they didn't make THAT much money. They just did okay.

So how exactly did it save Spyro?

There was already wars on the forums before TLos - it was pro-Insomniac Spyro vs. pro-all Spyro.
Those games actually had better ratings. AHT and SL were rated about the same as ANB. tEN and EtD had similar ratings, sometimes EtD scored higher. And of course, the GBA and PS1 trilogies scored higher than any game in the TLoS trilogy.

Spyro was made fun of back then, too.

And those games made more money than the TLoS series.

So again, how exactly did TLoS save Spyro? I must be missing something. All I see is the forum wars continued, the ratings went down, the respect from news site remained at nil, and the earnings went down.

I may be bad at math, but adding those variables together makes it seem as if TLoS didn't do anything for Spyro - may even have made Spyro's already bad situation worse.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:40:46 21/06/2009 by Neal
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me