Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
What If... [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1 Posted: 23:04:57 01/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Hypothetical question: What would you do if in a future Spyro game (not neccessarily the next) Spyro became gay? (No flame war please!!!) Let's say in a future game Spyro's sidekick is Flame (or another male) and at one point they shared an innocent peck on the lips. Or in DotD Flame, not Cynder said "I love you" at the end?

Like I said NO FLAME WAR! I understand those of you who wouldn't like this as it is nothing like Spyro, and that is fine. However, for those of you who say "EEEWWWW! Close the topic!!!" Or "O.o WRONG! NO!" Or who insult/threaten me over the idea, do us all a favor and keep your hands away from the keyboard while you go to a topic you can handle.

Really this isn't such a terrible thought for a children's game. The younger we teach kids about tolerance of the preferences of others the better.

Well, that being said, tell me your thougts. To all of you who say "I'd be fine with it; homosexuality is totally fine mith me" I say "Rock on with the tolerance!!!"
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Glass Gryphon Gold Sparx Gems: 2686
#2 Posted: 23:13:50 01/06/2009
I doubt it. Although some people aren't homophobic as the past, this would cause major controversy, especially if it were to be a children game. Think of parents that don't want their kids playing this, then there is certain religions and so on.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind it, but many people still wouldn't stand to see a game like this.
---
¡¡I love exclamation points!!
#3 Posted: 23:20:42 01/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Good point. Did you know that there was controversy over Tinky-Winky the purple Teletubby? He was a boy who had a triangle (the international gay symbol) on his head, was purple (the international gay color), and who carried a purse. Parents thought this character was promoting homosexuality amoung kids, and they became upset.

Personally I think it would be extremely interesting if Spyro were gay.
---
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#4 Posted: 23:52:37 01/06/2009
It's weird 'cause one of my friends liked the original Spyro and said that a part of her (the fan-girl in her) said she thinks of this.

I will say, I'm not mad, I just know it ain't happenin' smilie

(Uh ps, Are you talking about STD Spyro or TLoS Spyro?)

and...

smilie What?! LofL, I gay teletubby? That's pretty funny right there.
And about that name...combine the two, you got "twinky" smilie
(you know....the poison-like, cream-filled, yellow stick?
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#5 Posted: 01:06:41 02/06/2009
my step dad told me the same thing about the color purple but he refered to Spyro when he said it.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#6 Posted: 01:17:11 02/06/2009
What's with all the maturer ideas?

And no, I don't think so. Sexuallity just doesn't matter in story based games that aren't corrupt. Parents are more likely to be mad than happy about a game like this. I personally love EVERYONE of EVERY GENDER being able to explore their sexuallity and be free with it, but parents and religious people and any idiots who can't be fine with others would not like this.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#7 Posted: 01:20:38 02/06/2009
Sex has nothing to do with the spyro games.

Save that for the Mad fandom
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#8 Posted: 01:40:06 02/06/2009
I'd applaud the creators for growing a pair and being socially innovative, question their morality for including this sort of romance in a kids' game (I personally think it goes a bit too far to have more than suggested romance in any game marketed at people who are less than halfway through puberty), and be angry that they overlooked the lesbians (because everyone does). smilie
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#9 Posted: 03:54:45 02/06/2009
Uhm...SpyroLUVA, you sure have a...er...CREATIVE mind...

That, and you seem to want the next Spyro game rated M or T.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#10 Posted: 04:26:06 02/06/2009
My honest guess is that SpyroLUVA is still going through puberty and can't really think about anything else. It happens to almost all of us and usually gets better with time.
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#11 Posted: 04:46:42 02/06/2009
I agree with both Razz and LordRattler.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
ConvexitySpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1018
#12 Posted: 08:29:28 02/06/2009
Quote: LordRattler
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Hypothetical question: What would you do if in a future Spyro game (not neccessarily the next) Spyro became gay? (No flame war please!!!) Let's say in a future game Spyro's sidekick is Flame (or another male) and at one point they shared an innocent peck on the lips. Or in DotD Flame, not Cynder said "I love you" at the end?

Like I said NO FLAME WAR! I understand those of you who wouldn't like this as it is nothing like Spyro, and that is fine. However, for those of you who say "EEEWWWW! Close the topic!!!" Or "O.o WRONG! NO!" Or who insult/threaten me over the idea, do us all a favor and keep your hands away from the keyboard while you go to a topic you can handle.

Really this isn't such a terrible thought for a children's game. The younger we teach kids about tolerance of the preferences of others the better.

Well, that being said, tell me your thougts. To all of you who say "I'd be fine with it; homosexuality is totally fine mith me" I say "Rock on with the tolerance!!!"

Once again,sick mind.....I am sorry but you might wanna see a doctor... smilie

I agree. Spyro is game for children. Rape Idea went through yet, but this is already too much. Take medicines the morning so it could heal.
---
It's not a lake, it's an ocean.
My deviantART
smiliesmilie Best buddies forevah! \o/
#13 Posted: 08:30:51 02/06/2009
Quote: Shrazer320

And no, I don't think so. Sexuallity just doesn't matter in story based games that aren't corrupt. Parents are more likely to be mad than happy about a game like this. I personally love EVERYONE of EVERY GENDER being able to explore their sexuallity and be free with it, but parents and religious people and any idiots who can't be fine with others would not like this.

For once, you are right.
---
My deviantART
#14 Posted: 12:19:20 02/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Dude! People! Grow up and settle down! I'm 16 so I'm most of the way through puberty. I am not "sick" so stop talking about medicine and hospitalization. (Though I agree, rape topic was nasty, I just like to shock people online! Idk why.)

What do you mean this romance is too mature for Spyro or a kids game? It's only kissing.
---
#15 Posted: 15:56:28 02/06/2009 | Topic Creator
What's so horrible? Is it because I imagined Spyro as a homosexual or is it the though of homosexuals? If it's the last thing, you're a homophobe (not necessarily afraid of gays but intolerant of them) and that is wrong. It's the 21st century, come join us there some time. Anyway all I said was an innocent peck on the lips, or cheek if you're more comfortable.
---
#16 Posted: 16:11:40 02/06/2009 | Topic Creator
WHO WANTS A VISUAL!?!?!!?

http://spyroluva.deviantart.co...muged-123179718
---
#17 Posted: 22:16:34 02/06/2009 | Topic Creator
WTF is your problem?! Don't flip me off via Carlos Mencia pics!

I did not do this for laughs it's a serious topic and I want serious feedback about your thoughts.

I added that YAOI pic to show people that Spyro and Flames kissing is NOT that bad.
---
#18 Posted: 23:53:11 02/06/2009
Quote: Razz
My honest guess is that SpyroLUVA is still going through puberty and can't really think about anything else. It happens to almost all of us and usually gets better with time.

Your mind only thinks of what you allow it to.

Dude! People! Grow up and settle down! I'm 16 so I'm most of the way through puberty. I am not "sick" so stop talking about medicine and hospitalization. (Though I agree, rape topic was nasty, I just like to shock people online! Idk why.)

What do you mean this romance is too mature for Spyro or a kids game? It's only kissing.

You still don't have to post it.

Romance is NOT just kissing. Talk about that again when you get married.

Bad picture. ._.

Not innocent either.
#19 Posted: 00:01:21 03/06/2009 | Topic Creator
I know, I did that really fast. Why not innocent?

In a game, romance can be as simple as a kiss or nothing but implied. Marriage is the last thing I was considering when I came up with this. I can post whatever I want to, too.
---
#20 Posted: 00:09:47 03/06/2009
I know, I did that really fast. Why not innocent?

In a game, romance can be as simple as a kiss or nothing but implied. Marriage is the last thing I was considering when I came up with this. I can post whatever I want to, too.

An innocent peck on the lips would be exactly as it sounds; not a closed eye holding kiss.

Yes, but WHY are you posting it? And not simply because you can.
#21 Posted: 01:37:35 03/06/2009 | Topic Creator
I find the tought of homosexuality in the forefront of media very interesting. I'd like to see how the public would react to homosexuality in a children's game.

And what's wrong with a holding kiss? What if a girl who thought she liked a boy kissed him for three seconds to see if she really liked him, and it turned out she didn't. That's innocent; it's not like they would be seriously involved after the kiss.
---
#22 Posted: 06:28:54 03/06/2009

I did not do this for laughs it's a serious topic and I want serious feedback about your thoughts.

I added that YAOI pic to show people that Spyro and Flames kissing is NOT that bad.

SO WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?!
If you're so crazy that DRAWING A PICTURE of where Spyro and Flame kiss, you must be from the wrong.
Gay sexual behavior is not only suitable for Spyro, you understand? Even if you 16 years old, you must understand that you can not put here like that picture.
There may be a Spyro the younger fans who do not necessarily understand what that is and begin to ask what they would not do.
Please leave this topic in its value.
---
My deviantART
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:29:14 03/06/2009 by ConvexitySpyro
#23 Posted: 08:11:00 03/06/2009

OH REALLY!?
Huh, I seem to remember something, but I can't quite....place....it...

"(Though I agree, rape topic was nasty,
I just like to shock people online!" <----RING a BELL-uh?

Plus you agreed...so....what the **** man?

What's so horrible? Is it because I imagined Spyro as a homosexual or is it the though of homosexuals?

Choice A...Spyro

Is that a failed-attempt to piss people off?
At least thanks for the link to DeviantArt, I forgot I was logged in.
Found out I had 2 messages. smilie

Quote: Jackson117
Sex has nothing to do with the spyro games.

Save that for the Mad fandom

...Or whatever you randomly come up with....

But that's true too, some of these people (maybe even on the forums) are so jacked up about the subject on these Spyro characters, sometimes different-specie-crossovers, that they may make their own creation, whether it be a drawing, or a fic, will have some sort of sex-related bit between two characters in the Spyro universe.

It's disturbing sometimes, but that's the 21st century for ya...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
In light of all this talk about romance, I will say maybe the Spyro series may go as far as kissing between Spyro and Cynder...(One problem, the kissing thing has always been a human bit so I only assume the thing they'll do is nuzzling. [Haha, that'll be cute. smilie])
#24 Posted: 10:11:43 03/06/2009 | Topic Creator
I wasn't trying to piss anyone off. I just put that pic up there because it's a visual which proves IT'S NOT THAT BAD! True the image is bad, but not the subject matter.

The rape topic was for shock, not this. This could be quite a lot of fun to talk about if people were a little more creative and open minded.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:12:59 03/06/2009 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#25 Posted: 12:35:43 03/06/2009

I would probely drop the game controler if that would happen. smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#26 Posted: 16:05:43 03/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Drop it for good or just out of shock?
---
#27 Posted: 17:24:28 03/06/2009
I wasn't trying to piss anyone off. I just put that pic up there because it's a visual which proves IT'S NOT THAT BAD! True the image is bad, but not the subject matter.

The rape topic was for shock, not this. This could be quite a lot of fun to talk about if people were a little more creative and open minded.

Did you think gays are funny? Omfg..
---
My deviantART
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5325
#28 Posted: 17:37:51 03/06/2009
When I read the part that Spyro could become a gay....I dropped my MP4 and looked like this --> ''smilie''
And I wouldn't change anything,I like Spyro in the way he is.
#29 Posted: 20:38:25 03/06/2009 | Topic Creator
I was wondering if someone would ask that... I do not think they are funny. I would just enjoy hearing other people's insight, thoughts and opinions about this idea. The thought of SpyroXFlame is popular (or so it seems, considering the art I've seen about it) and I wondered if anyone would jenuinely like to see it happen for real in a Spyro game.
---
#30 Posted: 01:28:39 04/06/2009 | Topic Creator
LOL wut?
---
#31 Posted: 02:40:56 04/06/2009
NEW_SpyroLUVA, can you close the topic? It's kinda getting out of hand with immaturity... ._.
#32 Posted: 02:48:08 04/06/2009 | Topic Creator
I NEVER close topics! I thought you'd know that by now. If you want it to end, stop posting. For future reference, don't bother asking a person to close a topic, they will only come back defending it. Then thigs will get totally pointless and fast, and it will never end. Often an arguement/flame war will happen and people might get hurt.
---
#33 Posted: 03:17:37 04/06/2009
I NEVER close topics! I thought you'd know that by now. If you want it to end, stop posting. For future reference, don't bother asking a person to close a topic, they will only come back defending it. Then thigs will get totally pointless and fast, and it will never end. Often an arguement/flame war will happen and people might get hurt.

Sometimes you just should. Often, when somebody truly realizes something's wrong with the topic they made, they'll close it.
#34 Posted: 08:11:48 04/06/2009

Sometimes you just should. Often, when somebody truly realizes something's wrong with the topic they made, they'll close it.

Yeah.
I'm sorry but I must to report that topic.
---
My deviantART
#35 Posted: 12:12:41 04/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Why? I'ts nothing bad, just unusual.

To Shrazer320: I would close a topic If I thought it needed closing, but I'd rather like to see what happens to this if it is left where it is. Doesn't matter if it goes down after a long time with no posts or continues in a pointless mess of random comments.

P.S. Stop posting If you don't want to see this anymore.
---
#36 Posted: 23:54:22 04/06/2009
Even if no one did stop posting to here, it would just come back around 'cause eventually someone is gonna go more through on the topic list...find this topic...say "Ooh, 'what if?' I bet it's funny!" or something like that.

And then they're gonna open it and read it and they'll be like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AJ0SkbPxAk

Just believe.....they might....
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#37 Posted: 07:37:49 05/06/2009
You know, instead off forcing New_SpyroLUVA to close this topic just because you don't like it, you can always just IGRNORE it and don't post in it. >.<
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#38 Posted: 09:45:48 05/06/2009 | Topic Creator
THANK YOU! And Xeno Spyro, just because you can't handle homosexuality doesn't mean no one else can. And why fear what people do on the internet? If they don't know your identity, adress, credit card info, etc. they can't do jack all. All they can do is LEAVE THE CAPS LOCK ON, or swear or insult me and I'm too big of a person for that crap to have a lasting effect on me. Sure I'll say stuff back, but that's as far as it goes. Like I and Cynder_543 said, Ignore it and it will go away. I think this topic was halfway down the page before people started posting again.
---
Sam the Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 224
#39 Posted: 18:30:20 05/06/2009
But BACK ON TOPIC, Spyro, I don't think would ever turn gay. Never. Cynder means too much to him.
#40 Posted: 19:40:43 05/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, in this era of the Spyro games. You never know what might happen in years to come. I have this dream of a world where no one gives a second thought to a person's race, religion, color, age, gender, or sexuality. Perhaps, hundreds (hopefully sooner) that world will come to be real and homosexuality will be as acceptable as heterosexuality. Who knows? Maybe some future maker of a Spyro game will only have two male voices avaliable for the lead characters so they have two male leads, and to satisfly those who love romance in games they will make the two gay. *sigh* But we're still Sooo far away....
---
#41 Posted: 22:42:50 05/06/2009
Quote: Spyro2008
That's just disgusting.
Close it.

Quote: Aura24
We all know she's too stubborn to close her topics, like the old, closed topic in the DotD section we were all annoyed by a long time ago.

Quote: Sam the Dragon
But BACK ON TOPIC, Spyro, I don't think would ever turn gay. Never. Cynder means too much to him.

Oh I'm so glad someone pointed that out.

Quote: Cloudtail4ever
If you don't close this soon, SpyroLUVA, I'm going to ask Dark52 to get involved with matters. And he probably won't stop at just deleting the topic...

All you guys just freaking leave it alone. I'm tired of hearing from ALL of you. SpyroLUVA got these crazy*ss topics, but you others don't shut the hell UP about it.
Let's Dark52 decide on his own instead of crying to him like a freakin' baby.

THANK YOU! And Xeno Spyro, just because you can't handle homosexuality doesn't mean no one else can. And why fear what people do on the internet? If they don't know your identity, adress, credit card info, etc. they can't do jack all. All they can do is LEAVE THE CAPS LOCK ON, or swear or insult me and I'm too big of a person for that crap to have a lasting effect on me. Sure I'll say stuff back, but that's as far as it goes. Like I and Cynder_543 said, Ignore it and it will go away. I think this topic was halfway down the page before people started posting again.

Well, in case you haven't noticed, I don't care for the homo-situation anymore.
It's just another unneeded war that can bring more haters, and I'm not taking either side. I'm just gonna make my own choices and leave it at that.
#42 Posted: 01:37:25 06/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Thank you. And yeah it is baby-ish to go crying to the admin about these problems.
---
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#43 Posted: 16:49:27 06/06/2009

i agree but i think there should be more gay power smilie
#44 Posted: 00:01:43 07/06/2009 | Topic Creator
YEAH!
---
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#45 Posted: 03:57:54 08/06/2009
Quote: DARK CINDER

i agree but i think there should be more gay power smilie

WHAT?! no no no.
#46 Posted: 10:09:56 08/06/2009
Thank you. And yeah it is baby-ish to go crying to the admin about these problems.

However, just because I don't care what a person doesn't mean I won't continually think about a dragon being imagined in a humans footsteps.
(My thing is: I just want humans and dragons to be separate and next to nothing alike.)
#47 Posted: 16:26:08 08/06/2009 | Topic Creator
What? You have a problem with homsexuals being empowered in today's society? Why?
---
Samius Hunter Gems: 9303
#48 Posted: 17:59:33 08/06/2009

Your point of view surprises me.. I was thinking about the exact same thing..

Al least it would be more.. interesting..
And please people, PLEASE don't get me wrong.. I'm not trying to say that gay Spyro would interest me in any way..

I meant that it could be interesting to see what would folks think about it..
I don't care much for, I'm fine with homosexuality.. But I can't say it wouldn't affect my playing in any way..
#49 Posted: 19:39:48 08/06/2009 | Topic Creator
How would it effect your playing? I would be grinning my little face off if I saw Spyro and a boy kiss! I'd continue playing the game ifit continued after the kiss. (It might end immediately after, like hoe DotD ended after Cynder said 'I love you...")
---
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#50 Posted: 20:08:43 08/06/2009
What? You have a problem with homsexuals being empowered in today's society? Why?

Yes i do. no i dont know why.....but is not rigth smilie
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me