Page 1 of 1
It happens, you know... (Gameplay question) [CLOSED]
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#1 Posted: 18:06:18 24/09/2007 | Topic Creator
I don't know if anyone has any info about it yet... but I'm wondering if there is any info about how death in the new Spyro game will be managed.

In short... will you have only one life (Zelda/Metroid-style), several lives (old Spyro games and most other games), or infinite lives (like in the last Spyro game)?

Also, what will be the penalties for dying, besides being kicked to the last save point if the game has Game Overs? Will there be loss of collected spirit energy (experience), being kicked to a near/far "respawn point", the likes?

Personally, I hope that there will be limited lives and less forgiving respawn points (dying undoing most of the things you did, respawn points being not so close from each others, no respawn points in-between boss meters)... but well, since I don't know, I'll be asking here and now.

So... do anyone knows how death works in Spyro 7 (The Eternal Night)?
B Fodder
#2 Posted: 18:13:06 24/09/2007
I think it will be 100% the same as in ANB
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#3 Posted: 19:41:57 24/09/2007
From what I've seen in game-play videos, it will be like it was in ANB. If Spyro dies, you'll just start over again close to where you died before.
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#4 Posted: 01:31:28 25/09/2007
But we've only seen one proof of that, and that was in the training area. We aren't sure about the rest of the game, but as far as I'm concerned, I don't think the death system should be an issue as it barely got much of a mention from the critics.
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#5 Posted: 17:30:04 25/09/2007
I hope that spyro haves uninfinite lives in this game... it makes that game harder!
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 00:38:21 26/09/2007
He does... otherwise... we'd see a life number and some form of gaining extra lives. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Anonymous Fodder
#7 Posted: 02:09:04 27/09/2007
Ugh. I wouldn't like it at all if it was identical to A New Beginning...

... but then, death during training doesn't really count and I've seen no one mention anything about death during the main game. Rare are the games where you lose lives for losing in training and most modern games do not show the life counter unless you get extra lives or lose lives.

So well, I guess it's still unknown for now.

Oh well, we shall see in time.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#8 Posted: 02:37:31 27/09/2007 | Topic Creator
OOPS! Forgot to log in. The last post is mine, by the way...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me