Page 1 of 1
Was it intended? [CLOSED]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#1 Posted: 11:46:36 29/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Ok... So I just had a theory... Did Malefor intend the world to be destoyred? I mean like... Malefor tryed to destory the world by using the Destroyer, then when the Destroyer went back to the centre of the earth nothing happened apart for the belt of fire spreading across the world which would only burn everything in its path... Which is what he said when he awoke the Destroyer... The thing to me that set off the destruction of the world was when Malefor was pulled down into the core and then thoes beams of light kinda broke up the world... So did Malefor intend to rip the world apart or did he just intend to destory everything on the earth so he could be the ruler safe in his floating temple? I know some of you are gonna say this sounds prety stupid but oh well smilie
Hero58 Green Sparx Gems: 347
#2 Posted: 14:43:16 29/05/2009
I think when he said he wanted to destroy the world was destroying everything on earth
---
Welcome to Dark Spyro the place where...*hears dark spyro roar* OH MY GOOOODDDD!!
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#3 Posted: 00:45:35 30/05/2009
Hmmm.....Good points, both of you. I thing the Belt of Fire's destruction was just a little slow. The beams of light and Malefor's "death" just coincidentally happened at the same time.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#4 Posted: 00:51:06 30/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Hmmm.....Good points, both of you. I thing the Belt of Fire's destruction was just a little slow. The beams of light and Malefor's "death" just coincidentally happened at the same time.

Yeah but a bit to coincidently to me... The core started glowing when Malefor was pulled into it...
#5 Posted: 01:03:36 30/05/2009
Yep. Maybe his immense power overloaded the power it already contained, what with all the spirit dragons.
---
#6 Posted: 01:20:56 30/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Yep. Maybe his immense power overloaded the power it already contained, what with all the spirit dragons.

Thats edsactly what I've been trying to say! I just couldn't word it like that smilie! THANKYOU!!! Ok... So what I'm talking about is what SpyroLUVA just said smilie
#7 Posted: 01:32:36 30/05/2009
smilie Yeah we know! Hmmm... Perhaps Malefor meant to be dragged into the gem. Maybe he knew the power surge would be just powerful enough to shatter the earth after the Belt of Fire damaged much of the earth. Possibly the gem was a portal to another secret lair in an alternate dimension. Could it be that Maefor knew the Belt of Fire would destroy all and there would be nothing left to rule over, and therfore there would be no point ruling the earth. Knowing the extent of Spyro's Power, Malefor knew the young dragon could thwart Malefor's plans no matter what. That being the case, Malefor left the dimension leaving Spyro no choice but use a vast amount of his power to rebuild the planet, thereby weakening himself severely. With Spyro so low on power, strength, energy, etc., it would be easy business for Malefor to do away with Spyro once and for all. What do you think?
---
#8 Posted: 01:37:54 30/05/2009 | Topic Creator
smilie Yeah we know! Hmmm... Perhaps Malefor meant to be dragged into the gem. Maybe he knew the power surge would be just powerful enough to shatter the earth after the Belt of Fire damaged much of the earth. Possibly the gem was a portal to another secret lair in an alternate dimension. Could it be that Maefor knew the Belt of Fire would destroy all and there would be nothing left to rule over, and therfore there would be no point ruling the earth. Knowing the extent of Spyro's Power, Malefor knew the young dragon could thwart Malefor's plans no matter what. That being the case, Malefor left the dimension leaving Spyro no choice but use a vast amount of his power to rebuild the planet, thereby weakening himself severely. With Spyro so low on power, strength, energy, etc., it would be easy business for Malefor to do away with Spyro once and for all. What do you think?

I think he didn't intend to be pulled into the core smilie
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#9 Posted: 04:40:24 30/05/2009
I don't think Malefor being sucked into the heart of the world was part of his plans. He was going there to finish the job he'd started with the Destroyer, I imagine, and didn't expect to be trapped there. Of course, by the time he got there, it was already too late for the world.

I guess most people missed this, but the Destroyer had already cut the world in half and it was falling apart 'round about when the fight with Malefor happened. He had already succeeded and was just tying up loose ends by killing Spyro and Cynder. If Spyro hadn't used up all of his power to hold the world together, it would have fallen apart.
#10 Posted: 11:04:14 30/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
I don't think Malefor being sucked into the heart of the world was part of his plans. He was going there to finish the job he'd started with the Destroyer, I imagine, and didn't expect to be trapped there. Of course, by the time he got there, it was already too late for the world.

I guess most people missed this, but the Destroyer had already cut the world in half and it was falling apart 'round about when the fight with Malefor happened. He had already succeeded and was just tying up loose ends by killing Spyro and Cynder. If Spyro hadn't used up all of his power to hold the world together, it would have fallen apart.

He hadn't cut the world in half... He'd just done some pointless thing that really had no reason at all except to give more time for the Dragons... It hadn't cut the world in half at all...
#11 Posted: 12:01:22 30/05/2009
You're both right. bionicle2809 about the Destroyer and Belt of Fire, and Razz about Spyro needing to use his power.
---
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#12 Posted: 19:22:27 30/05/2009
Quote: bionicle2809
He hadn't cut the world in half... He'd just done some pointless thing that really had no reason at all except to give more time for the Dragons... It hadn't cut the world in half at all...

If it had not been cut in half, it had at least been severly weakened by the Destroyer.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#13 Posted: 20:20:05 30/05/2009
If Malefor intended for the world to be destroyed like it was (Before spyro fix'd it) then he intended to die.

If Spyro hadn't done his fury everyone would have died.
#14 Posted: 20:37:52 30/05/2009
Quote: Tango
If Malefor intended for the world to be destroyed like it was (Before spyro fix'd it) then he intended to die.

Actually, I do not think he wanted to die, I believe planned to create a new world that suited his tastes better (remember, the Destroyer is suppose to create a new world, by destroying the old and that is what Malefor in his ranting says purple dragons are supose to make happen).
#15 Posted: 20:38:04 30/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tango

Thats another point... Why would Malefor kill himself to destroy the world... Or did he not think that far ahead smilie
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#16 Posted: 23:07:06 30/05/2009
Another Cliche.

Supervillain plans on destorying the world when he should think that might Destory him Too?

DBZ Cell anyone?

Frezia?

Shen Shenron

Majin Buu

Broly.
IcelectricSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2002
#17 Posted: 11:36:23 31/05/2009
Wouldn't be better to ask the creators? smilie
---
The one from deviantART...
CZ
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#18 Posted: 11:39:59 31/05/2009
Hmm... Malefor may be just a bit insane...

smilie BWAHHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA! I LOVE TV! HAHAHA!

Shut up! Anyway he may be quite insane but i don't think he intended...

smilie I DID!

Okay! Okay! Gosh... smilie
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#19 Posted: 12:17:01 31/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Malefor0001
Hmm... Malefor may be just a bit insane...

smilie BWAHHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA! I LOVE TV! HAHAHA!

Shut up! Anyway he may be quite insane but i don't think he intended...

smilie I DID!

Okay! Okay! Gosh... smilie

smilie, I was thinking of something yesterday... As in proof that he didn't intend it

smilie I will desstroy the world!
smilie Hold on... If you destroy the world then you'll die with it! Did you not think of that?
smilie Um... No... I never thought I'd get this far... Um... Can you help me think of a plan?
smilie No! I am not going to help my arch enemy think of a plan to save himself in the end of the- Oh fine I'll do it!

(NO ONE STEEL! I'm using this for my abridged series smilie)
#20 Posted: 10:05:10 01/06/2009
People who want to destroy the world usually don't care if they die, too. Malefor had already been dead, so I don't think it bothered him at all.

And the Destroyer did complete it's circuit and split the world. Remember that shot of the planet from space and gigantic gout of flame coming out of it? Yeah, that was the world breaking.

Villains, especially crazy ones (and as much as I hate that trope, Mike Graham said himself that Malefor did go crazy), don't really care who gets hurt in their conquests. Malefor spoke passionately about destroying the world and how his purpose was to end creation so that a new cycle could begin. He very clearly had no problems sacrificing himself.
#21 Posted: 15:09:18 01/06/2009 | Topic Creator
People who want to destroy the world usually don't care if they die, too. Malefor had already been dead, so I don't think it bothered him at all.

And the Destroyer did complete it's circuit and split the world. Remember that shot of the planet from space and gigantic gout of flame coming out of it? Yeah, that was the world breaking.

Villains, especially crazy ones (and as much as I hate that trope, Mike Graham said himself that Malefor did go crazy), don't really care who gets hurt in their conquests. Malefor spoke passionately about destroying the world and how his purpose was to end creation so that a new cycle could begin. He very clearly had no problems sacrificing himself.

That wasn't the world braking... That was the belt of fire spreading across the world like Malefor said would happen... If the world was braking with the Ring of Annihilation then why didn't the water in the canyon go right through it? Explane that then... Give me proof that the destoryer broke the world in half and I'll believe you... I've just given you a logcal reason why the world wasn't broken in half...

It was prety confusing why the destroyer would have to take a whole trip around the world just to return to where he started again and its not explaned why...
#22 Posted: 21:09:01 01/06/2009
The belt of fire was the path of destruction left by the Destroyer. Malefor himself said that when the Destroyer had completed its circuit of the world it would be destroyed. The Destroyer did complete its circuit and the world was falling apart slowly. Immediately after Malefor was imprisoned, Spyro himself said this:

"There'll be nothing left. The world is falling apart."

It takes a few minutes for a planet to fall apart, but there you go. Let us not forget that Spyro didn't put it back together, even. The end of the game is proof in and of itself, showing a new world composed of bits of floating land that used to be the planet.

It is explained why the Destroyer took that trip around the world: to cut it apart. When the Destroyer reaches the place where it started out, it will have severed the last bit of earth holding the planet together and the whole thing will come apart, like cutting a ping-pong ball in half.

Watch the cutscenes and you'll have the proof you need.
#23 Posted: 21:37:51 01/06/2009 | Topic Creator
The belt of fire was the path of destruction left by the Destroyer. Malefor himself said that when the Destroyer had completed its circuit of the world it would be destroyed. The Destroyer did complete its circuit and the world was falling apart slowly. Immediately after Malefor was imprisoned, Spyro himself said this:

"There'll be nothing left. The world is falling apart."

It takes a few minutes for a planet to fall apart, but there you go. Let us not forget that Spyro didn't put it back together, even. The end of the game is proof in and of itself, showing a new world composed of bits of floating land that used to be the planet.

It is explained why the Destroyer took that trip around the world: to cut it apart. When the Destroyer reaches the place where it started out, it will have severed the last bit of earth holding the planet together and the whole thing will come apart, like cutting a ping-pong ball in half.

Watch the cutscenes and you'll have the proof you need.

I've watched all the cutscenes... There is no proof that the Destroyer went around the world to cut it in half... No one mentioned it and it was never seen. I've looked on the scene when you see the world and there is no cut anywhere... If there was a cut in the world wouldn't it have fallen apart before the destroyer got to the end? Think of it like... You've got an orange and you cut the skin but not all the way round... You can still take the skin off without cutting all of it... And you still didn't answer the question of...

IF THE DESTROYER CUT THE WORLD WOULDN'T THE WATER THAT FLOODED THE CANYON HAVE SUNK INTO THE CRACK IN THE WORLD LIKE A DRAIN? YES! IT WOULD HAVE! WHY DIDN'T IT! OH WAIT! BECAUSE THE WORLD WAS NOT CUT IN HALF! PROOVE IT! AND I'LL BELIEVE YOU!

And what Spyro said was AFTER Malefor had died! I'm talking about before! I'm saying maybe the energy of Malefor's death caused the destruction of the world and Malefor only inteded to wipe out all life on the world...
#24 Posted: 01:35:29 02/06/2009
Look, we're dealing with a world that enables large creatures to fly on undersized wings and use literal magic. Bringing the real laws of physics into this doesn't help your cause.

Did you actually play the game itself? Because it is stated several times that the Destroyer is, surprise, there to destroy the world. The way it does that is by walking a circle around the globe. When it has finished the circuit, the world will end. The game never says how that works logically, but it does say that this is what will happen. It probably is a bit like peeling the skin of an orange because it takes some time for the ripping apart to happen; we see the destruction finally reach the core of the world right after Malefor is imprisoned (for best dramatic effect). When Spyro makes his sacrifice to save the world, we see hunks of planet drifting away into space. I don't know how you missed that, but it sure looked like the world had fallen apart to me.

We don't know if the water in the canyon did or did not sink into the cracks. Why? Because we never saw that area after the Destroyer came back.

I don't think that was the case at all, or Malefor's death the first time he died (1000-odd years back) would have produced the same results. The Ancestors sealed him away, trapping him in the heart of the world, but the world was already falling apart when that happened. The Destroyer finished it's circuit just before the final fight. During that fight, we see the results: fire shooting up around Malefor's crumbling islands, a gaping hole in the earth that he throws Spyro and Cynder into, etc.
#25 Posted: 03:47:54 02/06/2009
People who want to destroy the world usually don't care if they die, too.

Quote: "Self"
Actually, I do not think he wanted to die, I believe planned to create a new world that suited his tastes better (remember, the Destroyer is suppose to create a new world, by destroying the old and that is what Malefor in his ranting says purple dragons are supose to make happen).

To expand upon what I said earlier, based on Malefor's own words he did not believe he could die.
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#26 Posted: 03:53:32 02/06/2009
Quote: Gwenio
People who want to destroy the world usually don't care if they die, too.

Quote: "Self"

To expand upon what I said earlier, based on Malefor's own words he did not believe he could die.

....*coughsoundslikesephirothcough*
Sorry, had to say something to the way that sounded.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#27 Posted: 04:28:18 02/06/2009
Oh, don't kid yourselves. Malefor is a carbon copy of every generic villain out there. smilie He either didn't think he could die or didn't care if he did die so long as his ultimate goal was accomplished.

Before DotD, my theory about Malefor's motivations was that he wanted to wipe creation clean and start over from scratch, building the new world into his image of what is best for dragonkind. But, of course, DotD nixed that by making him evil "just cuz" and generic insane.
#28 Posted: 15:12:47 02/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Look, we're dealing with a world that enables large creatures to fly on undersized wings and use literal magic. Bringing the real laws of physics into this doesn't help your cause.

Did you actually play the game itself? Because it is stated several times that the Destroyer is, surprise, there to destroy the world. The way it does that is by walking a circle around the globe. When it has finished the circuit, the world will end. The game never says how that works logically, but it does say that this is what will happen. It probably is a bit like peeling the skin of an orange because it takes some time for the ripping apart to happen; we see the destruction finally reach the core of the world right after Malefor is imprisoned (for best dramatic effect). When Spyro makes his sacrifice to save the world, we see hunks of planet drifting away into space. I don't know how you missed that, but it sure looked like the world had fallen apart to me.

I'M NOT SAYING THE WORLD WASN'T DESTROYED! I'M SAYING THAT THE DESTROYER NEVER CUT THE WOLRD IN HALF ON HIS TRIP AROUND THE WORLD!!!!!!!! DO YOU NOT GET THAT!!!! I know its stated that the destroyer would create a new world by issuing its destruction yes, I'm not saying thats wrong! I'm saying that litteraly destroying the world wasn't his intention! That the intention was to just wipe out all life on the world! And you still havn't given proof that he cut the world! Because he didn't cut the world when he went around it...
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#29 Posted: 12:53:43 03/06/2009
Crud.... I can see that this is turning into a flame war..... =\
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#30 Posted: 00:55:21 04/06/2009
Malfoers plan was to start a flame war on a forum by making a retarded plot hole?
#31 Posted: 01:17:57 04/06/2009
Bahahaha! smilie I could buy that. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me