Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A game idea of mine... [CLOSED]
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#1 Posted: 18:32:01 23/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Well, since everyone else is doing it, I'd thought I show my idea to you...

Anyway, on with the game:

The Adventures of Spyro & Cynder

And yes, they are grown up.

The Plot:
Yes, this takes place after DotD in the same universe after some time, but no matter. Anyhow, there have been more dragons discovered and they all have managed to live peacefully for sometime now, in which they have laid eggs, 200 to be exact, and although Spyro and Cynder haven't had any eggs yet, they still help out the others and watch over the eggs.

Well, being that nobody's perfect and everyone needs to catch sleep, Spyro and Cynder fell asleep while on guard duty in which egg thieves come in and steal all the eggs. Of course, everyone freaks out around in the temple, but Spyro and Cynder decide to go out and find them all (after all, they were both orphans, so why not do what nobody else did for them?)

Gameplay:

You'll have to choice of either playing as Spyro (with Sparx) or Cynder (with a new dragonfly character Dandelion), or you and a friend can play together as Spyro and Cynder, in which you'll have to fly, attack, use elements, avoid traps, fight enemies of various kinds, and solve puzzles in order to collect all 200 eggs.

The dragon temple and it's courtyards/village are the "hub" of the game, in which there are 20 main locations that you'll have to go through plus several "hidden" locations in which you'll need to find the eggs. You'll encounter various friends and enemies, new and old alike. You'll have to battle against Ripto, the sorceress, Red, Gaul's Son, a Steampunk robot, Malefor's possessed Soul, an mutated version of yourself, an evil human, and the final boss after you collect the very last egg (of course, we've got a "fake final boss") for the big showdown.

Your 20 main locations are:

1-The Dragonfly Swamp
2-Valley of Avalar
3-The High Plains
4-The Great Sea
5-Dante's Freezer
6-Dante's Peak (The "Half-fire Peaks" LOL WUT?)
7-Munitions Forge (Or the ruins of)
8-Electro Valley
9-Celestial Valley
10-Cynder's Castle (The "Big Boo's Haunt")
11-The Great Desert
12-Human's Settlement
13-Internal Island (The steampunk setting)
14-Crystal Caves
15-Pewter Harbor
16-Clocktower Town
17-Thunder Plains
18-Gnorc Mountain
19-Rainbow Plains
20-Rainbow Palace

Yes, that's quite a lot of places to visit and revisit again... Each location has 7 eggs needing to be found there. 50 of the other eggs are in the "hidden" locations while 10 are near the temple (similar to the secret castle stars in Super Mario 64 or those hidden shine sprites of Sunshine). Collecting just 150 leads you to the fake boss showdown while collecting them all will lead you to fight the real boss and finish the story.

Gems are currency, so you'll need to gather a lot of those, where as to restore your health, you'll need to eat meat you find (and yup, you're going to have burn some critters in order to get food) where as to keep your elements meter up, you'll need to find pink energy crystals. You'll use the gems to get access to certain areas, buy armor, health restoration, element restoration, and other little things to help you on your quest.

You'll have to fly to all your locations, in which you can free fly through some of the areas. You'll also have to swim in the water at some locations, minding your air meter gauge so that you don't drown to your doom. Since your character is going to be relativity large, you're going to have use your dragonfly to help you (or just break stuff) to get some things.

Well, I do plan on expanding on this idea more, so your suggestions are always welcome.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Eragon25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2019
#2 Posted: 18:52:05 23/05/2009
that sounds awsomesmilie
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#3 Posted: 01:26:37 24/05/2009
it sounds great
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#4 Posted: 02:15:13 24/05/2009
Sounds like a perfect mix between the tLoS characters, and the original gameplay.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 03:35:28 24/05/2009
Good idea. It actually blends the originals and LoS decently. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#6 Posted: 03:44:30 24/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, that's what I was trying to go for. Something that would be thick in game play yet have a story and setting that keeps you wanting to play.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me