Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
I now HATE TLoS. [CLOSED]
Dark Gaia999 Ripto Gems: 199
#1 Posted: 21:16:12 21/05/2009 | Topic Creator
PS1 Spyro FTW!
fyrestorm91 Green Sparx Gems: 231
#2 Posted: 21:40:56 21/05/2009
Your reason for hating it is...

TLoS is okay, my only gripe is that you can't go back to previous levels without having to restart the level(in DotD) ANB and TEN doesnt even let you do that.
---
Topaz~Darkor~Glitter~Redsky
DeviantArt account
Dark Gaia999 Ripto Gems: 199
#3 Posted: 21:43:41 21/05/2009 | Topic Creator
It just got boring, and the characters are always so serious. In the original, they beat bad guys, but they also cut up and had fun, too. And the bad guys are way funnier.
#4 Posted: 21:46:56 21/05/2009
True...

But it IS more epic. Everybody's entitled to their own opinion though.
---
DeviantArt account
zephyroz Green Sparx Gems: 115
#5 Posted: 21:47:06 21/05/2009
my favorite spyro game is probably enter the drgonfly. is that called an original?
#6 Posted: 23:32:42 21/05/2009
All the games that dont have "Legend of Spyro" in the title are originals. Legend of Spyro is a complete revamp and it ignores all previous story. Not to mention the gameplay is slightly different: Health bar instead of Sparx changing colors when you get hit, melee attacks, enemies take more than one hit to kill(having to charge the armor off them in A Hero's Tail doesnt count as a hit)

So yes, Enter the Dragonfly is an original.
---
DeviantArt account
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:33:26 21/05/2009 by fyrestorm91
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#7 Posted: 01:35:05 22/05/2009
The Legend of Spyro = Terrible ripoff of The Lord of the Rings...

...case closed. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#8 Posted: 01:44:55 22/05/2009
Quote: Dark Gaia999
PS1 Spyro FTW!

Quoted for TRUTH.
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#9 Posted: 01:46:09 22/05/2009
LOS = Walden Media fantasy story... AS A VIDEO GAME!
Original Spyro = Rip off of Sonic.
Sonic = Mario's competitor
Mario = Long runner
Long runner = game made before 1990
Games made before 1990 = CLASSICS
CLASSICS = Awesomesauce
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#10 Posted: 01:53:59 22/05/2009
tLoS is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too cliche...
But the original games are too boring.

For the next game, I hope they mix them or something. Mixing them would give you a fairly decent game.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#11 Posted: 01:56:32 22/05/2009
^That's what they should do; use the storyline and characters of LOS, but have side quests, a hub stage, a variety of characters and locations, and lots of No Fourth Wall moments.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#12 Posted: 01:57:59 22/05/2009
Yes! After buying Spyro 2 and playing it for a bit, that's just what I had in mind! Though I wouldn't mind some mild combat here and there, though...
---
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#13 Posted: 08:17:52 22/05/2009
PS1 Spyro FTW!

I agree. TLOS games are lame, very lame and too serious and trying to make it epic just makes it even more lame. I mean, they made Spyro and the others teenagers just to try to get the game to look epic? How stupid can you get? I know this is probely the 39th time that I have touched TLOS but I am only doing it because TLOS fans are always ditching the originals. TLOS fans don't like it when original Spyro fans ditch TLOS, but they think it's fine to ditch the originals? I think not. And I will stop when TLOS fans stop ditching us and the originals, seriously, there turning into Twlight fangirls. There screaming and drooling over DOTD when it is actualy not THAT awsome, just like how Twilight fangirls are always going on about Twilight. They say DOTD Cynder is sooooooo fantastic, just like how Twilight fangirls say that Edword is awsome. And, if people say one little insulting comment about DOTD, then the fangirls basicly kill them, and Twilight fangirls do the same with Twilight haters. So I know that I'm right when I say this.

DOTD fangirls = Twilight fangirls

I said my reasons now, seriously, DOTD fangirls, people have there own opinion, it is stupid to ditch them just because they don't like DOTD. You think they will then say "I'm sorry" and then start to love DOTD, but they don't. It only makes them hate you and DOTD alot more and it makes you look like an idiot. smilie

There, I said it all. I said my reasons why I don't like TLOS fans. There one off my worst enemys. If you can't cope with this, then don't even bother to rant about my post with caps lock because, like I said eariler, it makes you look like an idiot.....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Eragon25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2019
#14 Posted: 10:07:53 22/05/2009
Spyro for the PS1 were better than TLoS,and always will be,but after thinking about it,TLoS has an awsome story to follow and awsome gameplay.the original Spyros will always be better though,cause you know.they ROCK
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#15 Posted: 12:50:33 22/05/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
LOS = Walden Media fantasy story... AS A VIDEO GAME!
Original Spyro = Rip off of Sonic.
Sonic = Mario's competitor
Mario = Long runner
Long runner = game made before 1990
Games made before 1990 = CLASSICS
CLASSICS = Awesomesauce

Does Awsomesauce taste liek applesauce?
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5908
#16 Posted: 15:08:53 22/05/2009
If anyone says they dislike TLoS, I respect their opinion, it's just that they keep on saying it's so boring when we already get it, and it may tend to drive people insane.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#17 Posted: 15:19:54 22/05/2009
Quote: Robo-Spyro
If anyone says they dislike TLoS, I respect their opinion, it's just that they keep on saying it's so boring when we already get it, and it may tend to drive people insane.

Yeah... It is quite annoying that people just keep saying they hate TLoS over and over again as if we need reminding...
#18 Posted: 15:26:15 22/05/2009
Quote: bionicle2809

Yeah... It is quite annoying that people just keep saying they hate TLoS over and over again as if we need reminding...

Glad you agree with me. smilie
---
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#19 Posted: 15:26:53 22/05/2009

Agree'd. This is the...hmm...19th? Topic trashing TLOS.
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#20 Posted: 15:35:05 22/05/2009

I agree, constantly saying it that is boring and lame is really starting to get really old and really fast.......
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
#21 Posted: 16:19:42 22/05/2009
You know what's funny is that those who like the Legend series tend to just shut up half of the time about it, yet haters almost seem to NEVER shut up at all.

Seriously, WE KNOW YOU HATE IT. Now get over it, unless you want this game case up your you know what:
[User Posted Image]
^Now that is something that actually is modern and does suck.

Now that I think of it, if I really wanted to be a yackbass, I could give an entire lengthy explanation of how poorly innovative and lacking the original Spyro games were, but I don't, unless somebody begins to go too far.

Besides, at the time Sierra was older than Insomniac, meaning Sierra made games in the 80s... which means that at one time they had awesomesauce content...

And yes, awesomesauce tastes sorta like applesauce...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#22 Posted: 16:44:29 22/05/2009
You know what's funny is that those who like the Legend series tend to just shut up half of the time about it, yet haters almost seem to NEVER shut up at all.

Seriously, WE KNOW YOU HATE IT. Now get over it, unless you want this game case up your you know what:
[User Posted Image]
^Now that is something that actually is modern and does suck.

Now that I think of it, if I really wanted to be a yackbass, I could give an entire lengthy explanation of how poorly innovative and lacking the original Spyro games were, but I don't, unless somebody begins to go too far.

Besides, at the time Sierra was older than Insomniac, meaning Sierra made games in the 80s... which means that at one time they had awesomesauce content...

And yes, awesomesauce tastes sorta like applesauce...

How bad is this game?
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#23 Posted: 18:03:43 22/05/2009
Origonals are much better but TLOS is good because its trying out new things so dont flam this guy for having an opinion dudes
#24 Posted: 18:09:32 22/05/2009
Quote: DARK CINDER
Origonals are much better but TLOS is good because its trying out new things so dont flam this guy for having an opinion dudes

Were not flaming him, were just annoyed that everyone who says TLoS is rubish has to keep going on and on about it... If we kept going on and on about how amazing TLoS is they'd be just as annoyed as we are.

Also I think there equaly as good so Im not trying to start an argument here...
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#25 Posted: 20:53:40 22/05/2009
Thye both have their good and bad points, for me it seems to depend on what kind of mood your in to decide which is better to play. The originals are more for the gameplay, the new ones are more for seeing the story.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#26 Posted: 21:51:45 22/05/2009
Well let's put it this way; haters can wind up to be as bad as the fanboys/fangrils.

For instance, somebody mentioned Twilight; indeed, your millage may vary on that book. For me, I don't like vampires all that much and haven't had the time to read books, so I don't really care for Twilight. Sure, I got a few "I hate Twilight Stamps" on DA, but I got them because they looked funny or were funny (Count Chocula vs. Edward? Sure, why not!? smilie).

However, I don't think I'm as bad as some haters are. Seriously, they can become as annoying as the fans who are obsessed with the series.

Now with Spyro, there's some stuff I can explain better because unlike some members of hatedom who neither played the games nor did the research, I actually have played the old games and new games and looked at the backgrounds of both versions. All I can say is this:

Technically, the Spyro franchise as a WHOLE is completely unoriginal; it was a spoof of Sonic.

Why?

Because back in the 90s, yes, the time of unimaginative gaming due to the fact that everyone wanted "make their own Sonic" or "make their own mons", is when Spyro first appeared on the console as a spoof to be "better than that hedgehog!" Everything about Spyro's original appearance is similar to Sonic:

- Edgy name (Spyro is edgy; however, it's been used before hand)
- Is a anthro/funny animal (a purple dragon; although this is probably what helps him break away from the cliche and trope later on)
- Is into "hip" things (Spyro wasn't much of a dragon; he could have easily been a kid of the late 90s sucked into a fantasy-esque world)
- Has fast-paced or action paced gameplay (more so action; you killed everything with fire).

Once you begin to deconstruct a old Spyro game, you'll end up with basically a typical 90s platformer; so typical to the point you'll find that it seems to much like any other game of then.

Also consider the character type; a mascot with attitude. Usually, many fans who've been playing games for over 8 years will eventually get annoyed with these types of characters. Besides, there were so many of them at one time, it eventually got to the point in which nobody wanted games anymore, hence why more "serious" games started to show up.

Despite the fact that Spyro's character type was severely destroying him, he still had one good concept; it was the only mainstream game with the dragon as a heroic character, not some NPC that was to be slaughtered.

So then comes the Legend series, which plays with the draconic side of the game, employing something different to the series to give it a "fresh" edge. However, this also creates a bit of problem because we've seen so many dragon stories in literature and film that we want it to be different in way yet not too oblong.

That's how I look at the whole thing; if anyone wants more explanations, I'll give them.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#27 Posted: 23:53:25 22/05/2009
TLOS is the best thing to happen to Spyro
#28 Posted: 00:46:47 23/05/2009
^That's what they should do; use the storyline and characters of LOS, but have side quests, a hub stage, a variety of characters and locations, and lots of No Fourth Wall moments.

Yeah... the game could use some actually witty dialogue. Of course... that's always harder to do when you're trying to keep the game E10+. <.<;
---
#29 Posted: 01:54:47 23/05/2009
Quote: HIR

Yeah... the game could use some actually witty dialogue. Of course... that's always harder to do when you're trying to keep the game E10+. <.<;

Screw the E10+, make it a good game rated T or something! I'm just at the point where I want something GOOD >.<
---
#30 Posted: 03:35:00 23/05/2009
Yes, I think Spyro could go further if they went into the T-rated gaming category. e_e
---
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#31 Posted: 04:00:50 23/05/2009
Quote: Cynder_543
PS1 Spyro FTW!

I agree. TLOS games are lame, very lame and too serious and trying to make it epic just makes it even more lame. I mean, they made Spyro and the others teenagers just to try to get the game to look epic? How stupid can you get? I know this is probely the 39th time that I have touched TLOS but I am only doing it because TLOS fans are always ditching the originals. TLOS fans don't like it when original Spyro fans ditch TLOS, but they think it's fine to ditch the originals? I think not. And I will stop when TLOS fans stop ditching us and the originals, seriously, there turning into Twlight fangirls. There screaming and drooling over DOTD when it is actualy not THAT awsome, just like how Twilight fangirls are always going on about Twilight. They say DOTD Cynder is sooooooo fantastic, just like how Twilight fangirls say that Edword is awsome. And, if people say one little insulting comment about DOTD, then the fangirls basicly kill them, and Twilight fangirls do the same with Twilight haters. So I know that I'm right when I say this.

I said my reasons now, seriously, DOTD fangirls, people have there own opinion, it is stupid to ditch them just because they don't like DOTD. You think they will then say "I'm sorry" and then start to love DOTD, but they don't. It only makes them hate you and DOTD alot more and it makes you look like an idiot. smilie

There, I said it all. I said my reasons why I don't like TLOS fans. There one off my worst enemys. If you can't cope with this, then don't even bother to rant about my post with caps lock because, like I said eariler, it makes you look like an idiot.....

I'm not ditching the originals. I'm not ignoring the new ones either smilie
#32 Posted: 04:54:49 23/05/2009
XenoSpyro is more of what I like to hear.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#33 Posted: 06:45:24 23/05/2009
The TLoS is way better than the orignals! But I do still like the orignals though, but I think TLoS is better. I mean, Spyro has more powers, better than ever before! And there's Cynder, she was never in the orignals. Spyro can also fly, when in the orginals he couldn't.
In ANB and TEN Spyro looks really cute, along with Cynder. And evil Cynder looks just awesome. And in DOTD you can fly whenever you want, but in the origanls you couldn't. Only in certain levels, but you could never fly freely. And you can co-op with Cynder, which is awesome!
And play two players as well. It is also more epic, and has more adventure too it as well. Spyro and Cynder looks super cool as teens as well, along with Hunter. So, I think that TLoS beats the orignals. But that's just my opion, though.
---
N/A
#34 Posted: 07:16:57 23/05/2009
Quote: XenoSpyro
PS1 Spyro FTW!

But some people do yell at people on this site for not likeing DOTD. One person called someone "Retarted" for not likeing DOTD on the DOTD game board. And I remeber a person calling me retarted just because, back then, I didn't like how Cynder's body goes out and then in and then out again. Now, I don't mind it, but I do think she is a bit too skiny in DOTD.

Oh, and I dont like how most people drool over DOTD just because you can fly and play as Cynder. Seriously, what is so great about those things? The free flight wasn't that awsome. And it wasn't hardly flying because you couldn't fly that heigh. And what is so fantastic about playing as Cynder. What is so great about playing as her? I don't see the big deal realy. OMG being able to play as Cynder and being able to fly! Big deal. And flying killed a mager joke in the Spyro games. And that is that Spyro wasn't suposed to fly. I guess that joke has gone down the gutter. And same goes with Spyro being around 11.... Does that mean that if they suddently change DOTD and made it that you can't fly anymore, does that mean that you will start to hate it just because it didn't have the flying?
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#35 Posted: 07:41:14 23/05/2009
Quote: torok

shure the 3/10 ratings really show that smilie

TLOS is good but its nothi ng the the origonals
#36 Posted: 08:00:01 23/05/2009
Quote: torok

No... The best thing that happened to Spyro is when they released Spyro 2... And I'm not saying I don't like TLoS... Its just as good as the originals...
#37 Posted: 08:17:23 23/05/2009
Quote: ShadowDragon91

I agree, constantly saying it that is boring and lame is really starting to get really old and really fast.......

But you guys continue to trash the originals. So you think that it is okay for you to say that originals suck but it is not okay for us to say TLOS sucks? I think not. We have the right to trash it as much as you do because you trash the originals just as much, yet you don't seem to realise that. smilie If you guys stop dissing the originals, then I will stop dissing TLOS.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#38 Posted: 11:47:08 23/05/2009
^ I know TLOS is NOTHING to the origonals
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#39 Posted: 11:47:43 23/05/2009

But you guys continue to trash the originals. So you think that it is okay for you to say that originals suck but it is not okay for us to say TLOS sucks? I think not. We have the right to trash it as much as you do because you trash the originals just as much, yet you don't seem to realise that. -_- If you guys stop dissing the originals, then I will stop dissing TLOS.

And HOW many topics are there on trashing the originals? And HOW many topics are there trashing TLOS?! Think about it, theyonly start trashing the originals when you lot make ANOTHER oe of these god dam topics. Seriously, give it a break.
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#40 Posted: 12:38:16 23/05/2009
STAP TAH FLAMEWAR ALREADY!!!!!!!!! OR I WILL JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Keep smile
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:11:47 15/06/2009 by dark52
#41 Posted: 13:01:05 23/05/2009
^ HOORAY some one has a brain and sees sence
#42 Posted: 14:24:59 23/05/2009

But you guys continue to trash the originals. So you think that it is okay for you to say that originals suck but it is not okay for us to say TLOS sucks? I think not. We have the right to trash it as much as you do because you trash the originals just as much, yet you don't seem to realise that. smilie If you guys stop dissing the originals, then I will stop dissing TLOS.

We don't trash the originals! I have not heard one person say that the orginals are bad! If you show me one post of someone saying they hate the orginals then I completely agree that they shouldn't keep saying that they hate the orginals but no one has!
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#43 Posted: 16:14:26 23/05/2009
I think the 1st 3 are so boring. I prefere Tlos.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#44 Posted: 16:16:35 23/05/2009
Quote: Fireball

yes the 8/10 ratings for the fist 3 realy show how bad they were smilie PWEND
#45 Posted: 16:19:28 23/05/2009
^ ^ ^
( >< )
_____
---
#46 Posted: 16:43:20 23/05/2009
Quote: Fireball

I agree, but I remember the 3rd one being quite cool.
---
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#47 Posted: 16:52:48 23/05/2009
XenoSpyro is more of what I like to hear.

Ok, I have to question what exactly you mean by that...
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#48 Posted: 17:09:27 23/05/2009
Quote: XenoSpyro

But some people do yell at people on this site for not likeing DOTD. One person called someone "Retarted" for not likeing DOTD on the DOTD game board. And I remeber a person calling me retarted just because, back then, I didn't like how Cynder's body goes out and then in and then out again. Now, I don't mind it, but I do think she is a bit too skiny in DOTD.

Oh, and I dont like how most people drool over DOTD just because you can fly and play as Cynder. Seriously, what is so great about those things? The free flight wasn't that awsome. And it wasn't hardly flying because you couldn't fly that heigh. And what is so fantastic about playing as Cynder. What is so great about playing as her? I don't see the big deal realy. OMG being able to play as Cynder and being able to fly! Big deal. And flying killed a mager joke in the Spyro games. And that is that Spyro wasn't suposed to fly. I guess that joke has gone down the gutter. And same goes with Spyro being around 11.... Does that mean that if they suddently change DOTD and made it that you can't fly anymore, does that mean that you will start to hate it just because it didn't have the flying?

One of the main reasons for that is because some fanboys see Cynder in DotD as a sexy icon. Heck, they constantly say that DotD Cynder is more beautiful and sexy than her other forms in ANB and TEN and keep annoying the fans about how sexy she is.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#49 Posted: 17:14:56 23/05/2009

I may have kept dissing the old series a lot before, but I've changed. The original series are pretty good, I just like TLoS better.
---
#50 Posted: 17:23:57 23/05/2009
Same.
---
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me