Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > automatic redirecting after making a post
Page 1 of 1
automatic redirecting after making a post [CLOSED]
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#1 Posted: 01:08:01 16/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Hello!

Every time you make a post, edit one, or delete one, you're directed to a separate page notifying that you've modified your post, followed by two links that give you the option to either "go back to the original topic" or "return to the topic listings".

@dark52: Now I'm not sure how possible it is to do this based on how the forums were made, but can you make it so that you're redirected to the thread right after you create a post, instead of having to go through a separate page that gives you some relatively useless options?
Now I can't speak out for everybody, but I bet that almost everyone would like to view the thread at least once after making a post (reasons: just to make sure the post was made; to avoid having the thread look like there's a "new" post made when really it was your own). I don't think people would use the option of going back to the topic listings.

So to save some time/improve user interface on the forums, I'm making a request to have yourself redirected automatically to the thread when a post is created or modified, instead of going through a separate page that's relatively of little use.
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#2 Posted: 05:13:26 16/05/2009
I once PM'd him about it last November. He said this:

Quote:
The thank you page is to help avoid accidentally sending the message twice. It's not connected to previewing your messages so removal of it wouldn't affect whatever it is that might be causing the problem you mention.

Believe me (I know you would), I was using a Proboards forum once with my internet connection being unstable, and I would constantly refresh after making posts as they seem go offline. I was accused of multi-posting and banned for 2 days.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:17:17 16/05/2009 by Ghakimx
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#3 Posted: 05:26:08 16/05/2009
Nah, it's fine as it is, and I go back to the topic listings ALL the time.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13948
#4 Posted: 12:36:21 16/05/2009
Hmm... maybe I can make it an option as to where you go or something.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#5 Posted: 00:01:12 18/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: dark52
Hmm... maybe I can make it an option as to where you go or something.

Quote: Shrazer320
Nah, it's fine as it is, and I go back to the topic listings ALL the time.

Well there's STILL no need for a separate page. Take a look at this case.

[User Posted Image]

Suppose you make a post and you are taken to the thread directly instead of going to that other useless page. You still can head to the topic listings or forum listings by clicking on the heading links above, as I've circled in red. There are also some select forums you can directly go to from links on the right as I've also circled in red. By getting rid of the intermittent page with those options, you can still go to the topic listings in ONE click, just as you could do now. And that is if you want to head to the topic listings.

So to summarize, getting rid of the page I've mentioned is faster, and does NOT slow people's ability to navigate to other links such as topic listings. You can get to other parts of the forums equally as fast.
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:40:55 18/05/2009 by bmah
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#6 Posted: 10:07:20 18/05/2009
Although the main purpose of the page is to prevent accidental double posts. If it doesn't happen just once (in my case), it may turn into quadruple postings.

But still, an option for choosing if you get the page is nice.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me