Page 1 of 1
LoS: A Friend (fanfic) [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#1 Posted: 22:09:58 10/09/2007 | Topic Creator
I wrote a fanfic over the summer (before I knew about TEN) and finally fixed it and posted it. I thought you guys might enjoy it. Here's the dA gallery link:
http://razzek.deviantart.com/art/LoS-A-Friend-64594721

And here's the whole thing for those of you who want to read it here. If you see anything I should work on as a writer in this, I'd love to hear it. smilie

LoS: ANB
A Friend

Spyro was exhausted. Every muscle in his little purple body ached and the deep wellspring inside him where his magic dwelt felt dry. His thoughts were bleary and dull. Even his emotions were flat. The little dragon had never been so tired.

And he could not sleep.

The dragon elders were curled up, more or less, in a heap of massive, snoring bodies. Even Cyrril had most of his tail near the other elders (the rest of him lay as far away from his "inferior" comrades as possible). Volteer muttered in his sleep, Terrador snored loud enough to make the earth quiver. Spyro himself was curled up against Ignitus' neck, eyes half open. His crimson mentor was awake, too, watching the same lonely black shape in a corner of the Temple.

"Ignitus?" Spyro whispered. "Will Cynder be all right?"

"Only time will tell," the elder murmured.

"She looks so lonely..."

"I imagine she is. The Dark Master and his minions would not make good companions."

As far as Spyro was aware, it had only been a day since he'd defeated Cynder in Convexity. He, Cynder and Sparx had spent most of that day trying to sleep off the effects of the fight (exxcept Sparx, who had mainly just slept out of bordom while his brother was unconscious). What little time they'd been awake, Cynder had kept an eye on the purple dragon, occassionally speaking, but mostly just watching him, a distant shadow.

She'd been a monster, no one denied it. The elders' hearts were heavy; they had failed her when the Dark Master's minions had taken Cynder's egg in the Year of the Dragon. It had taken Cynder, corrupted by the Dark Master, less than two years to bring the Gaurdians of the Dragon Realms to their knees.

Now, with the Dark Master's influence gone, she was just little Cynder. Small, uncertain, with a heavy burden on her tiny shoulders. Once or twice, she and Spyro had made eye contact and he couldn't help but remember the deep sadness, uncertainty, confusion and fear that had stared back at him.

"Perhaps," Ignitus said, "in time, she will overcome her past. With the help of a friend."

Spyro heard the implication in the elder's voice. He knew he would never get to sleep knowing that someone was cold and lonely when he could do something about it. The little dragon staggered to his feet.

Cynder had settled herself at the foot of the great dragon statue in the training court. She shivered in her sleep but made no sound. Hesitantly, Spyro settled himself beside her. She was cold. He pressed himself close to her and draped a wing over her shoulders.

Cynder shifted closer to the unknown warmth in her sleep and Spyro drifted into his own dreams a moment later.

The night wore on and Cynder woke suddenly, finding herself unaccountably warm. Someone was next to her. She moved slowly, not wanting to awaken the interloper; if he was a threat, she wanted to have the element of surprise. Flexing her tiny claws and tensing her muscles slowly, she prepared to attack.

The warm body beside her snuffled in his sleep. Spyro? The intruder was her size and covered in soft scales, not matted monkey fur.

Slowly, Cynder relaxed. Her eyes had focused enough for her to discern the purple dragon, her damnation and savior. She stared at him for a long time, confusion twisting about in her mind. What was he doing?

She had to know.

"Spyro?" Cynder whispered, nosing his cheek. "Spyro?"

"Mmnuh?" he muttered, eyes closed.

She nosed him again. "Spyro, what are you doing?"

"Sleeping..."

"No. Why are you...here? What are you doing next to me?"

"Being a friend."

He shifted closer and Cynder pondered his words. A friend? She watched the darkness for a few moments and thought.

"Spyro?"

"Huh?"

"What's a friend?"

"Someone who wants to go back to sleep."

She tilted her head. "...Oh?"

"I'll show you tomorrow. Good night, Cynder."

That would have to do for now, she supposed. "Good night, Spyro."

The two little dragons went back to sleep, curled side-by-side. Amidst the elders, Ignitus smiled and closed his eyes.

END
spyro pro Green Sparx Gems: 349
#2 Posted: 22:44:57 10/09/2007
i love this story how did you think of it?i want to make a story like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
smilieCynder is the bomb!smilie
smilieSpyro rocks!smilie
smilieSparx is cool!smilie
#3 Posted: 22:55:33 10/09/2007 | Topic Creator
It mostly beaned me in the brain late one night. I figured this was a very likely scenario given what had happened in ANB and someone had to make the first move toward friendship if Cynder was ever going to be able to get over her past. Glad you like it! smilie
me Fodder
#4 Posted: 05:05:47 11/09/2007
this is very nice. Well done
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#5 Posted: 16:24:03 11/09/2007
I got another half smilie if you dont wanna make more i will.

Chap. 2
Legend of creation

In the middle of the night it got quiet enough to hear a rat walking...Then a creek came from the top of the temple.It woke cynder and imeiditly woke spyro up,he made an eerie sound as if he was still dreaming.Cynder told him and they went up there was nothing there and they turned around,then a blinding light knocked spyro and cynder off the top of the temple,when they awoke,the temple was destroyed.Spyro got up and decided to climb up but he couldnt,it was too steep.Cynder was running around in twists as if a bomb was about to set off,A tornado was forming over the temple ruins cynder began to sneak away spyro caught her and told her to wait.Out of the tornado steped a giant monster,the two dragons hid spyro had to cover cynders mouch to keep her from screaming at sight.

Well ill do some more soon
Next time:Chap.3 A new world
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
ignitus Ripto Gems: 311
#6 Posted: 22:59:56 12/09/2007
Heres my game! The legend of spyro :The warth of the dark master

Scene one:
The midnight moon

the temple was silent the moon rose high spyro was sleeping. Cynder was sad that the dark master controlled her so she flew to convexity where the troble begain!

scene two
Dark master the cruel dread wing!

The portal was open the dreadful dread wing sees cynder the dark master makes a call of the dreadwing! Cynder tries to fly but the dark master trapped her!

next time:
the emrald eye!
#7 Posted: 00:13:46 13/09/2007 | Topic Creator
Whoa...how did that happen?

I applaud your work, Zacoda, but it's not the direction I had in mind for this series. This story really is a one shot, but since everyone wants more, I found my notes for a sequel which I will try to type up soon. This is supposed to take place between ANB and TEN and I like to be as close to canon as I can.

I'm glad I inspired you, though! Keep going! smilie
Sophia_S_ M Blue Sparx Gems: 997
#8 Posted: 00:43:10 13/09/2007
Quote: ignitus
Heres my game! The legend of spyro :The warth of the dark master

Scene one:
The midnight moon

the temple was silent the moon rose high spyro was sleeping. Cynder was sad that the dark master controlled her so she flew to convexity where the troble begain!

scene two
Dark master the cruel dread wing!

The portal was open the dreadful dread wing sees cynder the dark master makes a call of the dreadwing! Cynder tries to fly but the dark master trapped her!

next time:
the emrald eye!

i have an spyro game(only writed)in a site,but is in portuguese(obviously,this is a brazilian site smilie).
http://www.dragonsbandicoots.com/concult_2007_jogos.htm#conc5
---
"Oh Brother."-smilie,TEN
lunyathedragon.deviantart.com
Last edited at 00:43:58 13/09/2007 by Sophia_S_ M
#9 Posted: 14:48:13 13/09/2007 | Topic Creator
Wait, wait! Okay, back on topic please guys! You're games are great and all, but this is a topic about a fanfic.
ignitus Ripto Gems: 311
#10 Posted: 11:24:17 15/09/2007
scene three: the emrald eye!

cynder attacked the dark master!
the dark master opened his eyes they were bright emralds that stung cynders eys! finally the darkmaster carreid her off then spyro woke up spyro told ignitus that cynder is gone! so then spyro flew to convexity where the darkmaster couroupted him then the dark master turned into gaul! spyro say cynder spyros eyes turned red! then the dark master couropted cynder to! then the gaurdians came! but spyro turned into coruopted form then ignitus killed the darkmaster! then cynder and spyro turned back into normal form the they flew back to the temple!

next time: the grey dragon egg
Ember100 Red Sparx Gems: 13
#11 Posted: 14:32:51 04/10/2007
Really cool story! I love it!
the doctor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1617
#12 Posted: 15:38:23 04/10/2007
awesome... i do abit of story writing, but i dont often do spyro... sigh maybe i should
---
A moment can last for seconds,
But a memory can last forever...
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#13 Posted: 18:17:53 04/10/2007
LoS is my nik-name.....lol! i lyk writing, im doing Spyro comic drawing and storys......and a Harry Potter sequil!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#14 Posted: 08:46:23 06/10/2007
ha ha...
---
White and Nerdy Green Sparx Gems: 150
#15 Posted: 09:37:37 06/10/2007
COOL!
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#16 Posted: 18:14:54 06/10/2007
thanx WaN, at least SOME people r nice!!!(aimed 2 the doctor) to td: u missed all the fun at the metrodome! r alex's m8 lauren got kegged in da middle of da diving bord!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#17 Posted: 18:52:49 06/10/2007
meh... i dont like diving boards anyway...
---
spyro942 Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#18 Posted: 18:15:07 16/10/2007
razz the story was great u should continue
Last edited at 18:16:31 16/10/2007 by spyro942
#19 Posted: 00:41:06 17/10/2007 | Topic Creator
Thank you. smilie I had some ideas for at least one continuation on this theme (of Spyro and Cynder being friends) that could still work now that TEN's come out. They're on the giant pile of stories I may or may not ever finish. smilie
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#20 Posted: 16:27:45 27/10/2007
i loved the part about someone who wants to go back to sleep lol
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#21 Posted: 16:57:09 27/10/2007
Awsome! I can't wait to see more of your fanfics.
IcyCitadel Red Sparx Gems: 57
#22 Posted: 01:30:34 27/11/2007
That was soo cute! smilie It makes me warm and fuzzy inside. smilie
#23 Posted: 21:18:32 03/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Thank you guys! smilie I'm thinking about doing one of those 100 theme challenges for Cynder just as an excuse to write a whole bunch of easy, short fiction. I'm not sure if I want it to be specifically about Cynder's life before she met Spyro, or everything in general. Any thoughts?
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#24 Posted: 21:27:34 03/12/2007
I think that it should be Cynder and Spyro understanding more about each other and their pasts, and their destines.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#25 Posted: 23:39:57 05/12/2007
Some reason i never finish a story..sorry.... smilie
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
#26 Posted: 23:39:56 06/12/2007 | Topic Creator
I've decided to do my 100 Cynder drabbles on Cynder's life up to the end of TEN, so that should explore and decently cover everything we could know and speculate about at this point. I've already gotten one written down and am waiting for my husband to beta it for me. Now all I need is a good title. If nothing comes to mind, I'll just call it "Cynder". smilie
Komodo Blue Sparx Gems: 758
#27 Posted: 23:41:58 06/12/2007
You posting it on FF?
---
I traded my soul for a muffin, and you know what? It was delicious.
#28 Posted: 01:42:23 07/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Most likely. I'll let you guys know when the first chapter is posted. smilie
Komodo Blue Sparx Gems: 758
#29 Posted: 02:03:54 07/12/2007
Thanks. Ya' got talent.
---
I traded my soul for a muffin, and you know what? It was delicious.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me