Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Don't you think... [CLOSED]
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#1 Posted: 16:41:54 10/05/2009 | Topic Creator
They should've said something about a new Spyro game by now, or had some sort of new information on the movie? With most big video game series and/or companies, they announce a continuation to the series within two-three months of the last one being completed. Well, it's been 7 months, and no news on a new Spyro game. Not even hints from the producers.

And the movie, too. If it's really coming by end of 2009/early 2010, you'd think the producers would be letting out a little info! Even a teaser trailer, or something. It just seems...odd that they haven't said anything.
With Sierra going out of business and all, I could see there being a slight delay on news, but not 7 months with no info!
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:42:25 10/05/2009 by Cloudtail4ever
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#2 Posted: 18:29:00 10/05/2009
Activision doesn't care about Spyro... that's why we have no news.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#3 Posted: 07:11:21 11/05/2009
Activsion does care.

They are too busy on Marvel and GH games
Elazar Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#4 Posted: 14:25:24 11/05/2009
Activision is probably waiting on the Spyro games until the movie has come out. That way when they do rerlease their game, the movie would be fresh on the minds of everyone, and with the title change on the last game that I pointed out in another topic, it's evident that they are already planning another Spyro game in the TLoS series at least.
#5 Posted: 16:39:24 11/05/2009
Most likely so... BUT...

GUITAR HERO IZ WUT BRINGZ IN DA BIG BUKS!!

Seriously, with Guitar Hero as big of a cash cow as it is now, Activision is not going to lay off of it for some dragon they could care less about.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#6 Posted: 21:55:45 11/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Elazar
Activision is probably waiting on the Spyro games until the movie has come out. That way when they do rerlease their game, the movie would be fresh on the minds of everyone, and with the title change on the last game that I pointed out in another topic, it's evident that they are already planning another Spyro game in the TLoS series at least.

Yeah, but that brings back my other point: If they're just focusing on the movie...shouldn't we be seeing SOMETHING? Even a small mention in a monthly newsletter is better than absolutely nothing.
And Spyro may not be a hugely famous series, but it has a decent sized fanbase and series, it shouldn't be the back of their minds.
---
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#7 Posted: 23:07:19 11/05/2009
yeah i was wondering that too, but guiter hero,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, yeah i am expecting them to say something maybe next year
---
This old place has changed too much
#8 Posted: 00:39:34 12/05/2009
cynder21 speaks the truth...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#9 Posted: 00:46:03 12/05/2009
Sierra is running out of business? No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Their games are epic. I think he producers of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts should adopt Spyro. Their games are really cool.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#10 Posted: 00:50:47 12/05/2009
Dude, if you think TLOS is "too epic and generic" now, what do you think Square Enix would do?

Besides, Spyro is too American for his own good to appeal to a Japanese company.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#11 Posted: 00:55:36 12/05/2009
Well Japanese like Spyro.
Also, I know the Title of the next game (I think).
Here:

Spyro: Revenge of the Dragon
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#12 Posted: 04:25:35 12/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Fireball
Sierra is running out of business? No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Their games are epic. I think he producers of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts should adopt Spyro. Their games are really cool.

smilie Well...first off, if Square Enix DID start making Spyro, it would definitely not be the KH or FF teams that would work on it. It would be given to a much smaller, less busy team.
It would be awesome to have a Spyro RPG, though...*starts dreaming*
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#13 Posted: 06:13:31 12/05/2009
I sense sora will be making appearance in that case
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me