Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Anyone else notice this?
Page 1 of 1
Anyone else notice this? [CLOSED]
Elazar Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#1 Posted: 15:08:30 08/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Did anyone else notice the fact that Activision changed the name of the last LoS game? I was reading on wiki that the original planned name for the last of the trilogy was supposed to be The Legend of Spyro: the Darkest Hour, which if you are going to be ending a series would be the perfect Title to do so, but activision changed the title to The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon The word "Dawn" implies a new beginning, and doesn't signify and end. With this in mind, would it be safe to say that in the future Activision does plan on extending the LOS series? Personally, I think Activision did a better job with design and concept than Sierra did. Mainly with the open world, and continuous optional flight.

So on the basis on the title change, does anyone else agree with my theory?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:24:01 08/05/2009 by Elazar
darkfurydragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3312
#2 Posted: 16:22:14 08/05/2009
Sounds accurate. I'm guessing they will make another game. It's happened before... (meaning that they say they're gonna stop at a trilogy, but then make more games cause it's such a big hit)
Elazar Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#3 Posted: 16:34:41 08/05/2009 | Topic Creator
That's what I hope they do, especially after the release of the movie, and now that spyro has been taken over by activision, I can only see them getting better. Sierra, and Insomniac were good, but they lacked the resources and funding that activision has. Activision has the money and the people to ressurrect Spyro and make it even better than before.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:35:51 08/05/2009 by Elazar
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#4 Posted: 17:33:12 08/05/2009
I can't hope anything or promise anything, but who knows...
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me