darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > I think I injured myself playing this :P *Mild spoilers*
Page 1 of 1
I think I injured myself playing this :P *Mild spoilers* [CLOSED]
dancinkayley Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#1 Posted: 06:53:14 27/04/2009 | Topic Creator
I was playing this today and I got up to the bit where you are in the Dragon City and you have to close the gates. I've already beaten the game twice, but this time it was a lot harder than the first two times for some reason. I noticed that when I played today the parts that involved having to pull down levers required much more vigorous movement than usual (I am playing this on the Wii) so the gates were absolute torture.

Normally there's a gap between the waves of enemies, long enough to shut the door (I normally only have to get through 1-2 waves), but this time, there wasn't, so when there finally was I tried closing the door but halfway through I was rudely interrupted by yet another wave of enemies to fight off, so after several waves of enemies (again, I only had about 1 second breaks) I frantically shut the door, and that really made my arms feel sore- nearly as deadening as playing boxing on Wii Sports. Oh, yeah, and before that it took me quite a bit of frantic movement to open the chest and a lot of enemies: I defeated one wave, tried to open the chest but there wasn't a long enough gap between the two waves of enemies just to do that.

I don't know why they can't just have a "push this button over and over" like I've heard they do in the other versions. Seems that they think that since Wiis use motion control, they have to over-utilise it... I'd rather have a game have no motion control than too much.
---
All our base are belong to us.
I know joke old but who care.
Doppel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1244
#2 Posted: 21:31:03 27/04/2009
Lol, I feel your pain. I tried Wii Sports for a day and while I like the exercise, I don't want to play like that for hours. My back started to hurt and I started to sweat after 3 hours.

Maybe you could increase the sensitivity of the wiimote so you don't have to wave that much?

I haven't played the DotD version of the Wii, though so I can't tell how much waving is in there.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#3 Posted: 00:04:50 28/04/2009
i was sore after playing DOTD on the wii for 2 days my arm was hurting me...
fyrestorm91 Green Sparx Gems: 231
#4 Posted: 02:03:48 28/04/2009
Lol, I have the wii version and I cant say I've ever hurt myself. On this game or other games.
---
Topaz~Darkor~Glitter~Redsky
DeviantArt account
dancinkayley Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#5 Posted: 07:42:40 28/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Doppel, I think I might try that next time I play.

Waving the Wiimote doesn't really occupy much of the game, it's only used for operating levers and opening chests and so on. (And when you're doing these things, you need to move the Wiimote and the Nunchuk up and down as fast as you can.) Oh and you can also use it for strong attacks, but I prefer just to hammer B for weak attacks.
---
All our base are belong to us.
I know joke old but who care.
saffire Green Sparx Gems: 301
#6 Posted: 01:02:48 29/04/2009
i kinda hurts me when i have to constantly move the nunchuck and remote up and down
---
i am smartical
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#7 Posted: 02:12:50 29/04/2009
I let my brother do the work. It really dosn't matter how fast I swing the remotes.

Mabey you need to adjust your sensitivity settings on your Wii. Or charge the batteries in the remote.

But the toughest is a slamdown attack at will. The Big battle of the Golem I had a hard time with (co-op) we climbed him five times in a row W/out dying. But it just wouldn't register.
---
Don't mess with JAK
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#8 Posted: 02:55:02 29/04/2009
Ha ha, fun. XD

I think, somehow, I tore my rotater cuff in my right shoulder or something since it hurts so badly. Not from playing a game, though. XD I'm not gonna get the Wii version of DotD either if that's what they make you do.
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#9 Posted: 00:46:56 30/04/2009
It's not all that bad. The Wii is the best.

Traditional controllers give me hand cramps. Once I got carpal tunnel from it. At least the Wii remote and nunchuk setup lessens the strain.

Having big hands was probably the reason.
---
Don't mess with JAK
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#10 Posted: 03:52:08 30/04/2009
Yeah, big hands can be a bad thing.

Well, for some people, it isn't. >.>
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me