First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Spyro's Voice [CLOSED]
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#101 Posted: 07:18:43 25/08/2011
Quote: crashpro
Why are there so many LoS fan boys? Seriously. LoS sucks in everyone's opinion OUTSIDE of this website. Every area on this site is ALWAYS talking about LoS, while everyone who was born before the year 2000 (older than 9) hates this series. The voice acting was FINE in Spyro 1. I prefer his Spyro 1 voice over Tom Kenny, which did an excellent job, but Elijah Wood makes Spyro too wimpy.

Speak for yourself man. No EVERYONE has the same opinion as you. Not everyone outside this site hates LoS. I have several friends not on this site who love the games. I was born before 2000, and I prefer LoS to Classic (only by a bit).

Anyway, getting off topic... I think his voice does sound like he has a cold too! smilie
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7311
#102 Posted: 08:06:55 25/08/2011
His voice is kinda cute, but weird.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#103 Posted: 08:43:39 25/08/2011
Quote: alicecarp
Here are the Spyro's voices from my favourites to least favourites:
1. Tom Kenny (2-4)
2. Carlos Alazraqui (1)
3. Jess Harnell (5)
4. Elijah Wood (TLoS)

Mine would probably work out that way too, apart from Carlos and Jess would be the other way around, so at 2. Jess Harnell and 3. Carlos Alazraqui.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#104 Posted: 09:28:43 25/08/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
1. Tom Kenny (2-4)
2. Carlos Alazraqui (1)
3. Jess Harnell (5)
4. Elijah Wood (TLoS)

Mine would probably work out that way too, apart from Carlos and Jess would be the other way around, so at 2. Jess Harnell and 3. Carlos Alazraqui.

To be fair, their voices are almost similar.
#105 Posted: 09:40:53 25/08/2011
1. Tom Kenny (2-4)
2. Carlos Alazraqui (1)
3. Jess Harnell (5)
4. Elijah Wood (TLoS)

To be fair, their voices are almost similar.

They pretty much are actually, but I can notice the slight difference between them both. Jess sounds like there is more feeling into the voice then Carlos. In my opinion, sometimes Carlos makes Spyro sound weak.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:41:42 25/08/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#106 Posted: 21:17:16 28/09/2011
Quote:
But what I really like in this voice, is that it's childish (convinces you that these are Spyro's earliest years), and greatly (best of EVERY Spyro game) depicts his personality - unhesitating, youthfully self-confident, hotheaded, impatient and many other characteristics that fit Spyro and, again, are conveyed very well. Other voices are a bit bland.

I think he's also arrogant, cocky, feisty, eager and maybe stubborn.
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
#107 Posted: 21:19:45 28/09/2011
Quote: Mariofanstar
Quote:
But what I really like in this voice, is that it's childish (convinces you that these are Spyro's earliest years), and greatly (best of EVERY Spyro game) depicts his personality - unhesitating, youthfully self-confident, hotheaded, impatient and many other characteristics that fit Spyro and, again, are conveyed very well. Other voices are a bit bland.

Definitely stubborn, he's determined to save the world and makes sure that nothing will stop him. That's stubborn.
---
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#108 Posted: 21:41:02 28/09/2011
I never got Elijah Wood as Spyro. Can't take Spyro seriously as a hobbit.

Carlos and Jess do both sound similar, though the reason for the odd inflection in STD is likely because Spyro was eight or so at that time, and well... bleh, I ain't going to get into dracological anatomy and phylogeny.

Tom Kenny was in most of the classic games, so that's the one I ended up remembering best.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#109 Posted: 22:20:44 02/11/2011
If Spyro got another reboot and Tom Kenny isn't able to reprise the role, who should voice Spyro.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have Spyro voiced by Vincent Martella (Phineas)
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#110 Posted: 22:39:37 02/11/2011
Quote: StevemacQ
If Spyro got another reboot and Tom Kenny isn't able to reprise the role, who should voice Spyro.

Never heard of Vincent, I wouldn't mind hearing Carlos or Jess once again, they don't bother me at all.
---
#111 Posted: 22:46:48 02/11/2011

Never heard of Vincent, I wouldn't mind hearing Carlos or Jess once again, they don't bother me at all.

I wanted to mention he also voiced Hope in Final Fantasy XIII (because his sounds a bit like Tom Kenny as Spyro if you add more optimism) but I feel that might be stupid.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#112 Posted: 22:51:10 02/11/2011

I wanted to mention he also voiced Hope in Final Fantasy XIII (because his sounds a bit like Tom Kenny as Spyro if you add more optimism) but I feel that might be stupid.

I haven't played Final Fantasy in years. When was the last time you played it?
---
#113 Posted: 22:55:32 02/11/2011

I haven't played Final Fantasy in years. When was the last time you played it?

Dissidia [012] Duodecim Final Fantasy (stupid title, I know) for PSP and Final Fantasy IX on PS3 via PS Store. Why the heck are we even talking about Final Fantasy in a Spyro website?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#114 Posted: 18:00:56 12/11/2011
I liked Tom Kenny the best. Spyro's voice in AHT kinda sounds like he's smoking or something. LoS Spyro was okay, but I personally like Spyro's 2-4 voices.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#115 Posted: 18:08:45 12/11/2011
Voices? Here's my list:

1. Carlos Alazraqui (StD)
2. Tom Kenny (RR, YotD, EtD)
3. Jess Harnell (AHT)
4. Elijah Wood (TLoS)

I loved his voice in the first one and in 1-4. AHT I didn't care for and TLoS voice I despise.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:09:12 12/11/2011 by LevanJess
#116 Posted: 18:32:25 12/11/2011
Quote: LevanJess
Voices? Here's my list:

1. Carlos Alazraqui (StD)
2. Tom Kenny (RR, YotD, EtD)
3. Jess Harnell (AHT)
4. Elijah Wood (TLoS)

I loved his voice in the first one and in 1-4. AHT I didn't care for and TLoS voice I despise.

I definitely agree with you about Elijah Wood, he was a plank at voice acting Spyro.
---
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#117 Posted: 19:00:04 12/11/2011
1. Tom Kenny (2-4)

Well, Tom Kenny is best known as "Spongebob," as has been pointed out.

2. Carlos Alazraqui (1)

Carlos Alazraqui is the guy who voiced the "Yo Quero Taco Bell" little dog.

3. Jess Harnell (5)

Jess Harnell is best known as "Wakko" from the show "Animaniacs."

4. Elijah Wood (TLoS)

Frodo, 'nuff said.

I like all the voice actors.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
gnastygnorc Green Sparx Gems: 135
#118 Posted: 03:14:41 19/11/2011
i thinck his voice should have actually be much deeper
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:04:00 23/11/2011 by gnastygnorc
spyrorules1298 Green Sparx Gems: 495
#119 Posted: 04:58:28 28/11/2011
idk [User Posted Image]

i love spyro
---
~I Love Yoshi, Spyro, Sonic,~ My Site: sonicthehedgehogfhmap.weebly.com/index.html
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6563
#120 Posted: 07:18:58 28/11/2011
For the forum, the voice that I like Spyro, Elijah Wood is because their ascent according to the time of speaking is something deep and serious, combined with how to mix and what the word means or explain.
Quote: spyrorules1298
idk [User Posted Image]

i love spyro

You're great with that picture of Yoshi merged with Spyro, if you give meaning and purpose to your signature, it is well designed, in every way that a knowledge of Yoshi and Spyro.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:21:06 28/11/2011 by VespiDragon8
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#121 Posted: 00:15:56 16/01/2012
Mmm... for me Tom Kenny was the best voice for Spyro but I think all the voices for Spyro will be good if that voices were funny and cute just like the original from the first trilogy, That's my opinion...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#122 Posted: 18:00:13 26/01/2012
Quote: Random Sheep
This was my second favorite voice of Spyro, I liked his voice in Spyro 2 better.

Also, LoS seems to be varied in other sites. Some people will give it a 1/10
some a 5/10 and half a 10/10. It literally depends on who you ask and where you go.

Then again, they are usually rated even lower than Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 put together. The first game of ToS trilogy got 76% while Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 were both 97% just like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, according to the Official Nintendo Magazine. Me? I prefer old-school Spyro and Mario over Tos any day. smilie
---
#123 Posted: 18:13:22 26/01/2012
Quote:

Definitely stubborn, he's determined to save the world and makes sure that nothing will stop him. That's stubborn.

Wikipedia DID say that he can be stubborn sometimes. Jeez... so if he suddenly got sick, he's still intending on saving the world? D: Talk about being very stubborn. smilie
---
#124 Posted: 18:24:12 26/01/2012
Quote: Zpyro
I hate Sparx's voice in "A New Beginning." It's probably the main reason I decided I would never buy a LOS game.

Yeah, same here. But no worries. smilie They never saw the light on the other side of the world in places like Hong Kong and Beijing. smilie I know 'cause when I went to Hong Kong with my family during the summer last year, there's barely any TLoS games in every shop I've been in.
---
#125 Posted: 18:29:59 26/01/2012
Quote: Razz
Eh. If you like beat 'em up/action games, play God of War or Tomb Raider. LoS is pretty much just a poor knock-off of GoW (especially DotD) with dumbed-down combat mechanics.

Actually yes, LoS, is nowhere near as good as Tomb Raider, because in that game, you have to think about what you're doing within a level, whereas in LoS, you just have to press a mash of buttons all the time, my mistake. smilie

Lol, no wonder the Official Nintendo Magazine rated that LoS game even lower! smilie I think my father's still into the Tomb Raider series, even in his 50's. He mentioned once to me about hoping to save up enough money for a pre-owned PlayStation 2 or for a new Tomb Raider game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:32:01 26/01/2012 by Mariofanstar
#126 Posted: 18:39:21 26/01/2012
Quote: Crashfan25
Quote: DarkCynder10
I thought his voice on this game was cute. :3 I also liked his voice in LoS.

I REALLY loved his voice in RR and YOTD. >^w^<

I guess we can all agree with the fact that Tom Kenny(RR and YOTD, and even ETD) did the best Spyro voice :3

I totally hear ya loud 'n' clear! smilie *nods* Definitely agree with you! smilie
---
#127 Posted: 22:22:17 26/01/2012
Quote: Razz
Eh. If you like beat 'em up/action games, play God of War or Tomb Raider. LoS is pretty much just a poor knock-off of GoW (especially DotD) with dumbed-down combat mechanics.

Actually yes, LoS, is nowhere near as good as Tomb Raider, because in that game, you have to think about what you're doing within a level, whereas in LoS, you just have to press a mash of buttons all the time, my mistake. smilie

Lol, no wonder the Official Nintendo Magazine rated that LoS game even lower! smilie I think my father's still into the Tomb Raider series, even in his 50's. He mentioned once to me about hoping to save up enough money for a pre-owned PlayStation 2 or for a new Tomb Raider game.

My Dad was in his 50's when he got into Tomb Raider! smilie He's in his late 60's now.
---
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#128 Posted: 23:54:20 26/01/2012
Um... Spyro's voice from StD was my favorite. smilie I really thought it fit him. I mean, Tom Kenny was okay, but just not... Spyro to me. I remember being pretty young when the second Spyro came out, and I was all bothered that his voice was different. But he does sound a bit... sick. smilie
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#129 Posted: 00:07:25 27/01/2012

My Dad was in his 50's when he got into Tomb Raider! smilie He's in his late 60's now.

I think my father is nearly in his 60's but I'm not sure. Dang... I shoulda asked him when I had the chance. He came to my house to have dinner with me, my mum and my younger sister.
---
#130 Posted: 09:59:40 27/01/2012
Quote: Queen_Cynder
Um... Spyro's voice from StD was my favorite. smilie I really thought it fit him. I mean, Tom Kenny was okay, but just not... Spyro to me. I remember being pretty young when the second Spyro came out, and I was all bothered that his voice was different. But he does sound a bit... sick. smilie

Tom Kenny is my favourite, Carlos Alazqaui (Stupid second name) was pretty good, he just made Spyro sound really mischievous, whereas Tom Kenny's was more laid back but still had a personality to it.
---
#131 Posted: 17:19:42 27/01/2012

Tom Kenny is my favourite, Carlos Alazqaui (Stupid second name) was pretty good, he just made Spyro sound really mischievous, whereas Tom Kenny's was more laid back but still had a personality to it.

Tom Kenny's made Spyro's voice sound strong, yet pleasant-sounding, at the same time. smilie I don't understand why some people think's that Carlos made him sound like he came down with a cold or something.
---
#132 Posted: 21:54:11 27/01/2012

Tom Kenny's made Spyro's voice sound strong, yet pleasant-sounding, at the same time. smilie I don't understand why some people think's that Carlos made him sound like he came down with a cold or something.

In all honesty, they're both pretty good to my ears. Jess Harnell is a little 'off' in AHT and Elijah Wood is just a different story completly. He's so bland in that, which I suppose suits his personality for LoS smilie
---
#133 Posted: 00:31:36 28/01/2012

I liked Spyro's voice in StD because he sounded mischievous! He wasn't just the everyday hero - he also sounded like a kid. smilie
---
#134 Posted: 10:41:05 28/01/2012

I liked Spyro's voice in StD because he sounded mischievous! He wasn't just the everyday hero - he also sounded like a kid. smilie

True, it's great for an early voice, for when Spyro is really young,but in Spyro 2 it looks like he is growing up so I think a change of voice was better for that. I recently imagined that Spyro was born in 1988, so the time that Spyro 1 came by he would be ten. LOL
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:41:29 28/01/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#135 Posted: 04:04:03 29/01/2012

True, it's great for an early voice, for when Spyro is really young,but in Spyro 2 it looks like he is growing up so I think a change of voice was better for that. I recently imagined that Spyro was born in 1988, so the time that Spyro 1 came by he would be ten. LOL

True, true. I can see that his voice would change as he gets older (lol puberty), so I guess that going to Tom Kenny, who made Spyro sound more mature, makes some sense.
I still like his first voice a bit better, though. Just my opinion.
---
#136 Posted: 06:16:01 29/01/2012
^But that would be if all the Spyro games were in one timeline, but as that does not happen, so is the change in each game player, I guess.
But my favorite is the voice of Spyro 3: YOTD
#137 Posted: 10:59:38 29/01/2012
Quote: VespiDragon8
^But that would be if all the Spyro games were in one timeline, but as that does not happen, so is the change in each game player, I guess.

The voice of Spyro 3 is eaxctly the same voice-over for Spyro 2 and ETD, so you're favourite voice actor would be Tom Kenny.
---
#138 Posted: 11:00:16 29/01/2012

True, true. I can see that his voice would change as he gets older (lol puberty), so I guess that going to Tom Kenny, who made Spyro sound more mature, makes some sense.

No! Spyro doesn't go through puberty, he's magical remember! LOL
---
#139 Posted: 11:28:55 29/01/2012

I suppose magical creatures doesn't go through puberty.
---
#140 Posted: 17:46:52 29/01/2012

You've got to remember that Spyro is just innocent. If you mentioned that to him he'd be like "What?" LOL
---
#141 Posted: 19:39:49 29/01/2012

You've got to remember that Spyro is just innocent. If you mentioned that to him he'd be like "What?" LOL

I've been wondering if he's a teenager in Spyro: A Hero's Tail and Spyro: Shadow Legacy.
---
#142 Posted: 20:10:32 29/01/2012

The voice of Spyro 3 is eaxctly the same voice-over for Spyro 2 and ETD, so you're favourite voice actor would be Tom Kenny.

Exactly, because it is my opinion:
The voice of Carlos Alazraqui (StD), sounds very young child, even though Spyro is a small dragon, does not mean that your voice is so exceedingly small child.

The voice of Tom Kenny (2, YotD, ETD), is my favorite as you said, because it sounds more to adult or adolescent, and because they grew Spyro.

The voice of Jess Harnell (AHT), screeching sounds, because it seems that Spyro had an illness in his voice, and sounds all acute, knowing that for a man, casual is that as we grow, our voice is more serious, not more acute.

The voice of Elijah Wood (ANB, the best thing was that unlike the other Spyro games, what impact this voice was because Spyro spoke more than it was before, and the ascent of a teenager, gave more reason entoces which is not a child Spyro dragon, but an adult dragon, but not old or grandfather. This is my second favorite voice.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:11:08 29/01/2012 by VespiDragon8
#143 Posted: 20:54:05 29/01/2012

I've been wondering if he's a teenager in Spyro: A Hero's Tail and Spyro: Shadow Legacy.

I'd like to think that in the time of AHT, Spyro is aged 16, and in SL, 17. As I like to think he was born in 1988. Yeah, I know, I'm weird. Spyro's voice in AHT make him sound more like a teen than a kid to me.
---
#144 Posted: 20:56:09 29/01/2012

Exactly, because it is my opinion:
The voice of Carlos Alazraqui (StD), sounds very young child, even though Spyro is a small dragon, does not mean that your voice is so exceedingly small child.

The voice of Tom Kenny (2, YotD, ETD), is my favorite as you said, because it sounds more to adult or adolescent, and because they grew Spyro.

The voice of Jess Harnell (AHT), screeching sounds, because it seems that Spyro had an illness in his voice, and sounds all acute, knowing that for a man, casual is that as we grow, our voice is more serious, not more acute.

The voice of Elijah Wood (ANB, the best thing was that unlike the other Spyro games, what impact this voice was because Spyro spoke more than it was before, and the ascent of a teenager, gave more reason entoces which is not a child Spyro dragon, but an adult dragon, but not old or grandfather. This is my second favorite voice.

I agree with you, but I don't rate Elijah at all. I liked all the previous voice-overs and my favourite is Tom's. Elijah's voice begins to bore me. To me, he has no effort in his voice, and Spyro's personality is like a plank of wood. LOL
---
#145 Posted: 18:40:25 30/01/2012

I'd like to think that in the time of AHT, Spyro is aged 16, and in SL, 17. As I like to think he was born in 1988. Yeah, I know, I'm weird. Spyro's voice in AHT make him sound more like a teen than a kid to me.

It will be ages 'til he's tall and large if he continues to stay small and short like that.
---
#146 Posted: 19:01:02 30/01/2012

It will be ages 'til he's tall and large if he continues to stay small and short like that.

My excuse is that he's magical. LOL smilie
---
#147 Posted: 19:28:15 30/01/2012

Well, he IS a magical creature.
---
#148 Posted: 19:51:40 30/01/2012

Agreed. Do you think that's why his voice keeps changing too? Just kiddin' ya.
---
#149 Posted: 19:58:19 30/01/2012

Agreed. Do you think that's why his voice keeps changing too? Just kiddin' ya.

Nah, maybe 'cause he's growing up little by little.
---
SenorIdiot Blue Sparx Gems: 589
#150 Posted: 11:01:49 28/06/2012
Quote: crashpro
Why are there so many LoS fan boys? Seriously. LoS sucks in everyone's opinion OUTSIDE of this website. Every area on this site is ALWAYS talking about LoS, while everyone who was born before the year 2000 (older than 9) hates this series. The voice acting was FINE in Spyro 1. I prefer his Spyro 1 voice over Tom Kenny, which did an excellent job, but Elijah Wood makes Spyro too wimpy.

Um, I'm a 1996 kid and I liked the LoS series. Sure, it has its flaws, but doesn't every game? The original game collection weren't exactly a basket of roses, you know. Does the name "Enter The Dragonfly" ring a bell? In short, before you patronize, don't generalize.
---
"Your mother was a broken down tub of junk with more gentleman callers than the operator."
-Bentley, Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me