Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Eternal and new beginning.
Page 1 of 1
Eternal and new beginning. [CLOSED]
hunter Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#1 Posted: 20:49:04 24/08/2007 | Topic Creator
These 2 games are apart of the second continuity and I think is the best, what do you think of this reboot. Also dark I noticed on the games page that this continuity dosn't say it's a reboot.
Last edited at 16:35:19 02/12/2007 by hunter
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#2 Posted: 10:59:39 25/08/2007
The new Spyro series (begun with ANsmilie is a series reboot. It's sort of obvious from the new storyline and the rebuilt world setting and all that.

I played the original Insomniac three and they were a big part of my high school years. I still enjoy them a lot, but I do like the new series more mostly because there's so much more story there and Spyro isn't a jerk. smilie
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#3 Posted: 13:51:58 25/08/2007
I dunno, the Insomniac trilogy worked on me well during my high school years as well and I was happy with the attitudes there in general. It was A Hero's Tail that seemed to make me get the wrong idea with attitude changes, and I was worried that the feel the game ended up with there was something that it would last with and it didn't work with me initially (though I appreciated it again upon a replay over the Easter period).

Love them or hate them, the Legend arc rekindled my likings for the series, and if it wasn't for A New Beginning, then I wouldn't have replayed almost every Spyro title I currently own at least once more (that doesn't include Enter the Dragonfly or Season of Ice tho), or become an active figure in the Spyro fan community. I'm sure there are room for improvements from the first title in the arc, but I've got a keen eye to see how Krome Studios tackle its development and so forth.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me