Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
My Spyro Fan Fiction [CLOSED]
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#1 Posted: 01:43:38 13/08/2007 | Topic Creator
If you didn't read my "Remember Me?" topic, I was going to experiment with a project I've been working on all summer. Feedback is appreciated and needed if I wish to post this on FanFiction.net. So... let us begin!

Disclaimer 1: I do not own several of these characters. They are copyright of Nintendo, Sony, Sega, Sierra and Capcom. I am not in any way ripping off these characters.

Disclaimer 2: I have created several of these characters. These originals are not to be used in anything made by you readers without my written approval.

United Under One
Author: HIR
Co-authors: Cedric Hervey, Greg Wagshul

Prologue- Making History
UNKNOWN LOCATION, 0315 HOURS

What looks like a human appears to be typing into a computer in the middle of a giant room. There are computers everywhere and at the center lies a monstrous purple laser. Standing at 15 feet in height, the machine has a large metal body, and the laser itself is 4 feet in length. The figure begins typing his commands and pulls down on a giant metal switch. Instantly, an aura of black energy encircles the tip of the laser. The color quickly changes to blue as the rest of the laser and metal body begin flashing multi-colored lights. Finally, there is a bright white light and the figure screams, "YES! It is working!"

The light dies down and there are now several hundred blue holographic silhouettes floating at where the laser was aimed. The figure laughs and proudly announces, "I have done it! The Nightmare Ray is 100% operational! Soon I shall have an unconquerable army with witch I will rule the new world! I will crush all opposition!"

"Pardon me, master. Ah ha ha ha ha ha!"

A small purple box appears next to the figure. The box shrinks and is followed by a ripple of black energy that makes a small chime. A court-jester like being is floating next to the figure. His body and feet are completely purple. His head is half purple with a black crescent for an eye, and the other side is black with a purple crescent for an eye. His mouth is black on the purple side of his face and vice versa. His headpiece and suit alternates with purple and black while the three bells hanging off his headpiece are gold. He chuckles and speaks to the figure, "Sorry for the interruption, Master Gate... but our new recruit has valuable information on where to find The Being of Legend."

Gate chuckles and speaks back, his voice is cool and icy, "Send him in, Nightmare Severus. I must acquire this information if we wish to ensure our victory!"

Severus bows and says, "I go!" He then teleports away the same way he appeared, the box. Gate meanwhile stares at his army of Nightmares and mumbles to himself. A few minutes pass when the electronic door's lock turns from red to green. The two parts slide into the wall as Nightmare Severus floats in with a tall red dragon at his side. The dragon is wearing a medallion and carrying a staff constructed of birch wood and masking tape. The scepter is topped by a sparkling pink trio of gems. Severus speaks, "Announcing the dragon, Red. Here to relay information to Master Gate."

Gate puts up his right hand, silencing Severus. He turns his attention toward Red. "I must thank you for using your Dark Gems to transform that stupid turtle's castle into this magnificent laboratory. The Dark Gems also provided an excellent power source for my Nightmare Ray. They will serve well with the Enigma Project. Now... I understand you have the location of the creature which Severus tells me possess infinite amounts of power?"

Red looks nervously at the ground and mutters, "That I do."

"Then it would be best to tell me now," Gate responds, showing no signs of rising temper or anger. This shocks Red.

"The Dragon Realms served as my home for many years. What I didn't realize, is that the realms are in a complete different dimension." Red looks toward Severus.

"Ah ha ha ha ha. 10,000 years ago, when I killed Îsabelle, one of the two remaining gods split all magical creatures from mortals in his rage. After numerous magical tests and construction, I've created a portal running on Dark Gem energy to get to this dimension." Gate beams at this statement and laughs.

"Red! You, High Max, Scrimegour and Colonel are to attack and take him. Kill all opposition; no mercy as always. Severus, hook up the Mind Bender in Laboratory 2A. I'll be there as soon as I finish up here," commands Gate.

Severus responds, "As you wish, master."

Gate laughs again. "Men, we are about to make history! We are about to invade what several have tried to discover, but failed! We will be known throughout that dimension as the Chosen One Killers! HA HA HA HA!!" Red exits through the door and Severus teleports out, leaving Gate, who walks back to the computer and begins typing again. He says, "If this 'Spyro' is all he's chalked up to be, he should have no trouble defeated my minions. But I don't believe he truly knows his potential yet."

END PROLOUGE

Next time, Chapter 1- The Kidnapping, Part 1
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Last edited at 12:57:10 26/08/2007 by HIR
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#2 Posted: 07:30:23 13/08/2007
Wow! That's really good! Way better than my one! Oh! And if anyone's interested I made a fanfic on Fanfiction.net. Here's my user page with the first couple of pages done if you want to take a look Spyro: Dragon Spirit
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#3 Posted: 11:56:29 13/08/2007
put spyro in some of them it would get interresting you can make him a king or anything
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
#4 Posted: 12:05:06 13/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Alright... let's try Chapter 1. >.>

Chapter 1- The Kidnapping, Part 1; A Spell-breaking Discovery
ICE CAVERN, PEACE KEEPERS WORLD 0830 HOURS

The snowy ground twinkles dimly under the light of the lanterns, like stars in a cloudy night sky, as three dragons sit near one of the cavern walls. The first, about 4 and a half feet in height, has purple scales while the other two, a couple of inches shorter, are pink and orange. The orange one shivers as it complains, "W-w-why did we have to c-c-come here? It's so c-c-cold!"

The purple dragon groans and gives his friend an annoyed look. "Because... this morning I had received a note addressed to me telling me to come to THIS spot in Ice Cavern. I'm still not sure why."

The orange one looks around. "Well, t-t-there's nothing here but snow and lanterns! W-w-what could we p-possibly be looking f-f-f-for?"

The pink dragon is quick to snap at him, "Maybe if you'd quit complaining, we'd find it faster!"

"Well... sorry to rain on your little parade! I'm sorry Spyro, the big 'hero', doesn't have the guts to come here on his own!"

"HEY! You know very well I could have, Flame! You guys INSISTED I bring you here!" growled Spyro, now getting to his feet. Spyro, unlike older dragons, still stood on all fours; as did Flame and the pink dragon, Ember.

"But you didn't TELL ME IT WAS ICE CAVERN! You KNOW I hate the cold!" Flame now rose to his feet, his temper rising. Spyro saw this and was quick to respond.

"Woah... sorry, Flame! Take it easy, you know how out of control you get..."

"'You know how out of control you get...' SHUT IT! I have a right to be ANGRY!" At this, Flame pulled his head back, then lurched forward and released a jet of crimson flames flying at Spyro. But Spyro was quick on his feet, and glided to the side.

"STOP! You're gonna melt the..." Spyro tried to yell, but it was too late. There was a loud crash and the large, icy wall next to Flame exploded, sending fragments of ice everywhere. One particularly large, dagger-like piece began to fly toward Flame. "WATCH OUT!" Spyro yelled as he lunged at Flame, knocking him away from the icicle. Unfortunately, Spyro's momentum died down, and the icicle stabbed him in his right leg. Spyro yelped as he felt a warm, watery substance slide down his leg, but freeze quickly.

"Spyro!" Ember gasped and ran over to him. "That shard is in there really deep! Why would you do something so STUPID?"

Spyro glanced at the shard, and the blood frozen on his leg, "Because Flame's my friend. And friends help each other, no matter what the cost. Don't worry... it'll be fine." Spyro grabbed the shard with one of his front paws, digging his claws in the ice and pulled hard. The bloody shard was pulled free of his body, but his leg began to bleed harder. But the thought was quickly forgotten because Flame started yelling.

"SPYROOOOOOO! You better have a look at this... you'll never believe it!" Spyro tried to get to his feet, but roared as he felt a razor sharp surge of pain from his leg.

Dammit! There's no way I can walk on this thing. Let's see, what to.... AH! Spyro picked up a handful of snow and pressed it to his gash. He stood up, the pain numbed, and limped toward his gawking friend. "What is it?!" He asked.

"D-d-d-dragon! Frozen in the ice!" Flame motions upward as Spyro's eyes widen with horror. The black dragoness was about their size, had more horns running along her face than the other three, and a skull like mark on her forehead.

"How did she get there?" Ember asked as she examined the dragoness more closely. "She looks our age... don't you think we would have known her from school?"

"Yeah!" Flame answered, "Spyro... who is this girl? I've never seen her in my life!"

"I don't know! I don't think I've ever seen her..." Spyro abruptly stops speaking. Several seconds pass before Spyro's eyes widen in shock. His face contorts with panic and worry and he screams. He grips his head in agony and drops to the ground, twisting and turning painfully.

"SPYRO! What's going on?" Flame yelled as he and Ember runs over and kneel beside their friend. Suddenly, Spyro roars; but this roar seems to have a double voice to it. Flame and Ember back away. A magnificent blue aura surrounds him as he is literally levitated into the air. A thundering voice roars out through the caverns.

"Infit! Extraho of oraculum est evestigatus!"

"What the? Is that some sort of different language?! What's going on here?" Flame stammered as they continue to stare. Suddenly, the same blue glow appears from the ice. The turn around and stare wide eyed as the ice begins to crack.

"What have we done?"

END CHAPTER 1

Next time, Chapter 2- The Kidnapping, Part 2; Shocking Revelations
---
Last edited at 13:01:45 26/08/2007 by HIR
RedWelshDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#5 Posted: 15:29:37 13/08/2007
I love the way Flame talks! "I've never seen her in me life!"

Interesting. Can't wait for the next part.
---
College is a refuge from hasty judgement.

Definition of a college lecturer: someone who talks in other peoples sleep.
#6 Posted: 18:57:24 13/08/2007 | Topic Creator
I knew I'd make a typo somewhere! ;>.>

Chapter 2- The Kidnapping, Part 2; Shocking Revelations

"The ice is breaking! Maybe this will give us some answers!" Flame said.

"Are you mad? SHE'S BEEN FROZEN! How would she know what's going on?" Ember snapped. The ice begins to crack and rumble. "Duck and cover!" The two dragons hide behind the fallen wall as the ice explodes, shattering everywhere.

"Wait... what about Spyro! He's defenseless." Flame turned toward the spot where Spyro's floating and is astonished to see the shards harmlessly bouncing off his body. "What the...? Is that m-m-magic?" At this point, the lights die down and both Spyro and the black dragon fall to the ground with a thud.

Flame climbs out from the rubble. "Is... is it over?"

"Looks like it. Is Spyro okay?"

"Yeah, and so is this other dragon. I really want some answers here!" Flame responds. Suddenly, he hears a rustling noise and jumps back; Spyro is stirring. "H-he's okay! Thank goodness."

"Ugh... wh-what happened? I remember staring at... THE BLACK DRAGON!" Spyro quickly rises to his feet and charges over to the black dragon. He slowly paces around her, as if he's examining her closely. "I-I-I remember."

Ember's smile quickly turns into a glare, "Remember what? Who is she? Why is she here? What's that mark on your front left paw? I WANT ANSWERS!"

"What mark? I never had any..." Spyro quickly gasps and stares at his hand. Embedded on it is a picture. Two swords diagonally crossing over each other, with a serpent weaving between them. Spyro gently touches the mark, then yanks his hand back and yelps as a burning pain seers through him. "OW! Why did that happen?"

"GUYS! GUYS! She's waking up!" Flame nudges Spyro and Ember and motions at the black dragoness who slowly gets to her feet. She grips her head, apparently in pain, then quickly surveys the area in front of her.

"W-w-where am I? I-I-I remember leaving the temple, t-then a storm... and then nothing. How much time has passed?" She slowly turns around and lifts her head up, surveying the cavern. As she lowers her gaze onto Flame and Ember, she screams and jumps back. "W-who are you? W-where am I? D-do you know where I am?"

Flame's face twists in confusion. He stares at the dragoness before answering, "This is Ice Cavern. You know... the Peace Keeper's World."

The dragoness sends him a look of utter confusion and panic, "W-w-what's a Peace Keeper? Is it an army of some sort?"

Flame's eyes widen in shock, "Wait... how do you not know what a Peace Keeper is? Did you like, travel through time or something?"

Ember chuckles, "Don't be ridiculous! The only people who have technology like that are the Professor and Red! And this dragon doesn't look like she'd work for an evil exile, does she?"

The dragon continues turning until she sees Spyro. Both their eyes widen when they meet. "SPYRO! You're here! Maybe YOU can tell me what's going on!"

Flame and Ember instantly stop their laughing and flash Spyro dark and angry looks. Ember roars, "YOU KNOW HER?!" Flame takes a couple of nervous steps back from Ember.

Spyro glances from the black dragon to his friends, and back again. "Er... I... um... that is.... yes. I don't know why, but when I saw her, my head exploded with all these strange memories. I don't understand why, but I suddenly have all these memories of some completely different life. It's as if I had a life before this one, but was reborn somehow. She's Cynder, I had saved her from an evil force... at least in the memories I did. One day, she left the home in my memories, something about an item left in a cave. That day, a terrible storm hit, bringing with it massive amounts of wind, snow and hail. The cold must've frozen her and this entire cave."

Spyro sighed, "We should go back to Nestor. He'll know what we should do." Flame and Ember nodded and followed. Cynder stared at him blankly. Spyro crept back toward Cynder. "Just follow my lead and everything will go smoothly."

Cynder nodded. Before Spyro could walk off, Cynder grabbed him and whispered, "Thanks for saving me." She quickly hugs him and runs off, leaving Spyro standing dumbstruck.

END CHAPTER 2

Next time, Chapter 3- The Kidnapping Part 3; Fighting the Uphill Battle
---
#7 Posted: 19:49:42 13/08/2007
Typo? Damn I liked that bit too!

Anywho, Ember and Cynder.... hmmm. I sense a conflict.
---

#8 Posted: 22:19:12 13/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Does anyone know how to create a story on FanFiction.net. I don't know how! Yes, I'm a member (SpyroCapcomFan). >.>

Chapter 3- The Kidnapping Part 3; Fighting the Uphill Battle
NESTOR'S HOUSE, ARTISAN'S WORLD 1030 HOURS

We open at a rather large, mansion like house. The outside is painted all white and the roof is supported by rather large pillars. The pillars depict pictures of ancient dragon folklore and history. We cut to inside the house, where Spyro, Flame, Ember, Cynder and Nestor are seated in his personal study. Nestor is seated behind a large oak desk. Behind him are several stocked bookshelves carrying books from "The Tales of Alecto and Ametheus" to "Basic Light Magic Volumes I-XX". Nestor is eying Cynder suspiciously.

"So, you say Spyro and Cynder were engulfed by this magnificent blue energy, which also freed Cynder?"

"Yeah. At first it was incredibly painful, then it was relaxing, then there was a flash and it was over." Spyro answered.

"And you also say during that time, memories of what you think are a 'past life' flowed into your head?"

A small sweat drop ran down Spyro's forehead and he looked around nervously, "Yes. And, this strange mark appeared on my hand. Any explanation?" Spyro thrusts forward his paw. Nestor briefly examines it. When he touches the mark, Spyro jerks his hand back again. "OW! Don't touch it; it burns me when you do!"

"My apologies. May I see it again?" Spyro groaned and showed it to Nestor again. Nestor walks over to his bookshelf and grabs a book entitled "Narcissa's Guide to Ancient Symbols." Nestor flips through the book until he finds a particular page. He stares at the page, then Spyro's paw, then the page again. His eyes widen in shock and horror. "No... i-i-impossible! It cannot be!"

Spyro's eagerly jumps out of his chair, "What? Am I cursed? Please don't tell me I'm cursed!"

Nestor looks it up, "You're far from cursed. That is the mark of the Ancient Filiolus!"

Flame, "DAMMIT! It's that language that booming voice was speaking in Ice Cavern!"

Spyro turns to Flame, "What voice?"

Ember turns her attention to Cynder and Spyro, "When you two were in that magic, this loud angry voice spoke out in some language I've never heard of!"

Nestor answers, "It's the ancient language. What I said was that was the mark of the Ancient Gods. There's Dolor who prefers the name Tray, and Vic. There was once a third one, a girl named Îsabelle. They spread their magic through creatures such as ourselves. But they also had children, who inherited most or all of their powers. 10,000 years ago, us magical creatures lived along side non-magical creatures or mortals. Their most recent child, Vraël, was doing poorly training under them. In his anger, he ran to an ancient temple and found his way to the center, where he discovered it."

Spyro looked eager and nervous. "What's 'it'"

Nestor paused and looked at them, "The very first... Dark Gem." This was followed by gasps and looks of horror from Spyro, Ember and Flame. "When he touched it, his mind and his bodily structure was altered. He turned evil and donned a new name, Severus. In his demented rage, he killed his mother. Tray's response was horrifying. In his anger and madness, he casted a spell so powerful that it ripped the mortals and magical creatures into two separate dimensions. Îsabelle's death SHOULD have stopped the birth flow... but all decedents of the gods bore that mark on some part of their body."

A large deafening bang is heard from a distance. The five dragons abruptly change their thoughts. Ember gets to her feet, "That sounded like an explosion!"

Spyro nodded grimly, "We've got company. Cynder, you stay with Nestor. Flame, see if you can find Hunter and Bianca. I don't know how many of these intruders there are. Hurry!"

Cynder growled at Spyro. A red aura surrounds her and Spyro grows wide-eyed as her size suddenly increases to that of nine feet. "How could you transform like that? Didn't you lose that form when the Dark Master..."

Cynder smiled, "I learned some things." Her smile creased into anger as she growled, "I'm fighting. Any objections?"

Spyro gulped. "N-n-no, Cynder."

Cynder breaks down the door and flies out the house. Spyro and Ember fly out after her. Flame flies into a portal inside the house.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ARTISAN VILLAGE 1105 HOURS

The three dragons land but have little time to speak when a random green dragon hurtles into them. They all fly back into the wall of a house. Spyro angrily glares at the dragon, "What was that about, Sam? Did you forget how to fly?" Cynder snickered at the comment.

"N-n-n-n-n-n-no.... something worse... ACK! THEY'RE HERE!" Sam motions to a spot 20 yards away. Spyro, Ember and Cynder stare at their enemies with confused expressions. There are three of them. The first figure is a tall human dressed in a blue suit. He has blond hair that is slightly below his neck. He is also wearing glasses. In his left hand is a gold staff, topped by a radiant silver orb. The staff has four half-triangle shaped rods holding the orb in place. The second figure appears to be a robot, however it is wearing clothing as if it holds a commanding position in an army. The third steps forward and Ember and Spyro stare in shock.

"Hello Spyro, did you miss me? I hope you know that a victory will be far from what you're achieving in this fight. Let me introduce you to my friends. This is Colonel (he motions to the robot) and THIS (he motions to the human) is Jonathan Scrimegour."

Spyro laughs. "You think we're afraid of YOU? Bring it on, old man!"

Red growls and pulls out his Ice Wand. "Bring it."

The three dragons and three intruders lunge at each other. Red fires an ice shard from his wand, which Spyro easily dodges. His tail suddenly glows yellow and he strikes Red with it. Red is zapped by electrical energy as Spyro stares at his tail. How did I do that?

"SPYRO... LOOK OUT!" Cynder extends her tail and grabs Colonel. Colonel smirks and pulls out a plasma energy saber. He strikes the tail with his weapon. Cynder releases her grip and roars as Colonel begins a frenzied series of slashes and jabs with the saber. One of his slashes manages to create a deep gash along Cynder's back. She screams as blood begins to drip from it and onto her tail.

"Cynder!" Spyro yells but is suddenly blasted by an enormous fireball from Scrimegour. He laughs then disappears, only to reappear behind Spyro and shoot him in the back with another fireball. The fireball burns Spyro's scales, their shimmering purple color scorched back. Spyro roars in agony, but has little time to recover as Ember is hurtled into him by a blast from Red's medallion.

Ember tries to get out a word as she catches her breath. "Since when can Red do that?" Spyro has no time to answer as he dives out of the way of Colonel, who slams against a wall after being struck by Cynder. Cynder shoots a black fireball at Colonel, but a blue circular barrier appears and the attack dies inches away from Colonel. Ember and Cynder stare in utter shock, "How the..." Suddenly a blindingly fast laser strikes Ember and Cynder in the back. Ember screams as she flies strait into Spyro. Cynder turns and unleashes a jet of flames at the attacker, Scrimegour. He laughs before disappearing. Cynder looks around, confused before being struck in the cut in her back from an attack from Colonel. Cynder crashes into the ground. Spyro and Ember struggle to their feet, panting. They hear whimpers coming from Cynder as she limps toward them; a dagger now embedded in her right hind leg.

"Ready to give up?" Asked Red

"Spyro... this is hopeless! They're too strong!" Ember cried.

"NO! I will not give up... not until these guys are defeated!"

Cynder struggles to catch her breath. "But how?"

TO BE CONTINUED

Next time, Chapter 3 (part 2)
---
#9 Posted: 13:53:09 14/08/2007
O-oer! OK, you've caught me with this, which is surprising.
---

#10 Posted: 21:32:09 14/08/2007 | Topic Creator
And now... it continues.

"Well... we're waiting! What are you going to do? Is the small purple dragon afraid of a little robot. And to think, the great 'hero' can't even lay a hit on a human!" Red sneered. Scrimegour laughs and pushes a section of his hair back behind his head.

"It's only natural... I mean, if he had my lovely weapon, I'd be helpless." Scrimegour taunted.

His voice is so kind and warm. He must be able to trick people with it! Ember thought. She stares at Spyro, his claws begin to dig into the earth as his temper begins to rise. "Spyro! Don't let them psyche you out! Keep fighting!"

"Yes Spyro, even though you are greatly outmatched, keep fighting! Why kill yourself listening to your little girlfriend, when you can surrender yourself to us and end this little skirmish before we hurt her, or this other girl." Red's evil grin widens as Spyro hunches lower to the ground, growling in frustration. Suddenly, Colonel's eyes grow wide and he anxiously speaks to Red.

"Do you see that? Tell me I didn't just see that!"

"NOT NO COLONEL! I'm busy tauting the little baby. He's so weak and..." But Red doesn't have time to finish his sentence as his jaw drops in astonishment. Spyro is now radiantly glowing red, while steam rises off the surface of his tensed body. He lets out a tremendous roar and charges forward. All the villains are dumbstruck as Spyro leaps into the air.

"Is he mad! He can't possibly..." But Scrimegour is quickly silenced as he turns toward his attacker. Spyro is now hovering in mid-air. He pulls his two hands together as a red aura of energy begins to form within them. Suddenly, firework-like explosions appear everywhere, crashing the villains into the ground. What happens next astonishes everyone. Spyro thrusts his arms apart and a huge circular wall of pure fire explodes out from him, hitting all the villains and sending them careening into the wall.

"That.... that's incredible!" Ember says, beaming with excitement.

"What the hell is that?" Ember turns her head and sees Flame fly back. Seconds later, Hunter and Bianca emerge from a nearby portal.

"That... was a fury attack. I'm surprised he still remembers it, especially if this is his 'second life'." Cynder answers. She glows red and shrinks back to her regular size as Spyro walks back to the others.

"Spyro, y-y-you did it!" Ember joyfully jumped up and down at the sight of the KO'd enemies.

"I-I-I did? T-t-that was me? But how?" Spyro stares at the tattoo on his hand, which is now burning harder then when he touched it, "Does this mark have anything to do with it?"

Bianca looks astonished at the mark. "But that's..."

"...the mark of the ancient gods I know. We're still confused as to why it's..." Spyro stops in mid-sentenced as his friend's eyes widen in pure terror. "What... what is it? Are they stirring?"

"Congratulations on defeating my weak counterparts. However, I need you to come with me. Any objections and I am programed to take you by force." Spyro slowly turns around, trembling uncontrollably. Hovering in front of them, is another robot, much taller than Colonel. It has sleek black armor with a ruby in the center of his body. His hands and face are gray, and topped by a black helmet shaped like a large circle inside a diamond. The helmet also has a ruby in the center.

"W-w-who are you?" Spyro asked, slowly backing into a nearby house's wall.

The robot spoke. His voice was smooth and clear, showing absolutely no signs of emotion whatsoever. "I am High Max. And I have orders by my superiors for one purple dragon to be brought before them, alive. That... is where you come in. If you answer know, I will take you by force."

"SPYRO! You can't let him push you around like that! Show him why you're the great hero around here!" Yelled Hunter.

"Right... I will! High Max, you just messed with the wrong dragon!" Spyro yelled as he leaps at High Max. His tail glows bright blue and he slams High Max, which is followed by a fury of ice shards and ice breath. Spyro lands, satisfied that his attacker is frozen solid, and smirks. But when the dust clears, everyone's cheers turn to horror as they see High Max; still floating there and completely unharmed.

"Was that an attack? I'm sorry, but it will take more than that to stop me." High Max began to float towards Spyro. Spyro quickly shuffled his feet, and ran.

"HELP ME! A crazy robot is after me! Help! Help!" At this yelling, several disturbed dragons emerge from more distant houses, no doubt roused by the fighting.

"*sigh* Why must my target have for legs... no matter." High Max cups his hands together. "With this move..." High Max thrusts his arms apart. The tiny energy ball suddenly grown 10 times its size, and begins chasing after Spyro with intense speed.

"SPYRO! WATCH OUT!" Cynder screamed but it was too late. The energy ball ran Spyro over. Everyone gasped as a terrifying, ear-bleeding scream of pain was heard. High Max showed no signs of happiness at his victory. Scrimegour, who finally woke up, walks over to Spyro. His entire body is covered in burns and bruises from the attack.

"About time you showed up!" Scrimegour yelled as he examined Spyro. "The prophecy has started! If we don't get him back quick, we'll all be screwed." Scrimegour's staff glowed. A swirling blue vortex appears next to him. He smiles at Spyro's wide-eyed friends. "Well kids, it's been fun, but we've got business to attend to. But don't worry, you'll see your friend... but not how you've EVER know him before! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Scrimegour slams his staff on the ground. Red and Colonel's unconscious bodies fly through the portal. High Max floats into it, still keeping an emotionless face. Scrimegour laughed harder as Spyro's body was lifted in the air.

Cynder screamed, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SPYRO! I... won't.... lose.... you.... AGAIN!" She took off with an unexpected burst of speed and anger. Scrimegour quickly stopped laughing and grabbed Spyro. Just as Cynder was a foot away from them, Scrimegour jumped into the portal, just missing the tip of Cynder's talons. She crashes into the ground with a loud "thud." Everything goes silent. The silence continues for several minutes, then a loud whimper is heard. The astonished crowd turns toward Cynder, as a single spot on the grass suddenly becomes wet.

"Is she... crying?" Flame asked. His question was soon answered as another ear-splitting screech was heard, followed by a terrifying round of wails and sobs. Everyone slowly back away as Hunter, Flame and Bianca run toward her.

"Who is this dragon?" Bianca asked.

"Err... long story. Right now, we NEED to go to Nestor; we have to help Spyro!" Hunter and Bianca nod in agreement and take off. Flame hoists Cynder on his back and slowly walks off. Ember meanwhile, is still standing there, as if in some sort of trance.

What she just did.... there's no way.... could she really.... love....... Spyro?

END CHAPTER 3

Next time, Chapter 4- Gate, the Mastermind
---
#11 Posted: 13:54:36 15/08/2007
I think I know what's going to happen here . . . I really like it!
---

#12 Posted: 18:14:45 15/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Chapter 4- Gate, the Mastermind
CORE LAB, GATE'S LABORATORY 1145 HOURS

We find ourselves in the same room as before. Gate is typing at his holographic computer. Suddenly, the electronic doors beep and slide open. Severus floats in. Gate grins smugly. "I take it they're back? It took them awhile."

"Ah ha ha. But time does not matter when a mission is completed!" Severus answers. "They are indeed back. I shall see them in." Severus motions to the door. High Max floats in, a cage created by pure electricity floats in after him. Spyro lies inside, unconscious. Scrimegour, Colonel and Red sulk in behind them.

"I take it all went well?" Asked Gate.

Severus shook his head, a dark grin still marked on his face. "It seems the dragon has triggered the prophecy. He managed to knock out all three of those buffoons with a giant blast of fire energy." Gate turns to them. "Well... explain your failures."

"T-the dragon didn't even KNOW that he was performing the attack! I tell you, Vic is one step ahead of us!" Scrimegour yelled angrily.

"He's ALWAYS one step ahead of us," Severus responded as his happiness quickly turns to anger. "As long as they have the Prognosticus... they know what can happen; every single possibility."

"So the book also tells the future if our plan succeeds?" Gate asked.

"Without a doubt."

"Pardon my intrusion, master Gate, but the weapon is waking up." High Max motions to his cage where Spyro slowly lifts his head up and looks around. His eyes widen in shock as he stares at High Max.

"YOU! Get ready to..." But as Spyro tries to attack, Gate presses a small red button. A blue metal collar, now attached to Spyro's neck, glows brightly. Spyro howls as he is electrocuted.

"Silence, dragon! Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Gate, the leader of this operation. This (he motions to Severus) is my assistant and adviser, Nightmare Severus." Gate's evil grin widens.

SEVERUS! That's the crazy god Nestor told us about. Wait... was I taken t-t-to the mortal's dimension? Spyro thought.

"Yes, you are in the Mortal Realms, a dimension with technology DECADES ahead of yours." Severus said, he smiled at Spyro and winked.

"But how did you..."

"...Read your mind? Simple, magic! I can do it, other can't. That's the way it works." Severus turns to Gate. "Shall I begin the commissioning process, my liege?"

"Yes, and make sure to use your magic to 'help' our guest." Gate answered. And with that, he dismissed them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LABORATORY 2A, GATE'S LAB 1200 HOURS

Severus leads Spyro into a room similar to the Core Lab, but slightly smaller. A giant machine hangs from the ceiling. It has three large tractor beams hanging from it's circular core, all angled to the center of the room, where a table sits on a raised platform. Severus throws Spyro on the table and throws down a switch. Instantly, Spyro's arms and legs are encased in large metal clamps.

"W-w-what are you gonna do to me?" Spyro asked. A small tear falls from his left eye onto the table. Severus merely throws his head back in laughter.

"Brainwashing of course! Ah ha ha ha ha!" Severus throws down another switch. The machine's core begins flashing purple and red, as the tractor beams begin glowing with energy. "Now, for my own power!" Severus thrusts his hands above his head, as a black and purple beam of energy encircles the Mind Bender. The tractor beams suddenly fire out giant black and red waves. The machine begins to spin the tractor beams as their energy converges into a giant ball floating above Spyro. After several minutes, the beams stop, and the core opens up, revealing a fourth beam. The beam fires, pushing the energy beam toward Spyro.

"No.... NO..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" The entire room is encased in a blinding white light.

"Ah ha ha ha. Welcome to the Enigma Project, Spyro."

Next time, Chapter 5- The Strangest School Day
---
#13 Posted: 21:50:24 15/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Savor the moment... I'm double posting. >.>

Chapter 5- The Strangest School Day
MEANWHILE, BACK IN THE DRAGON REALMS...

"GONE! GONE?!" That was all Nestor could say to the three dragonlings. His startled expression said it all. "But, he's an excellent fighter. How could he have lost?"

"It was that High Max guy. He was INVINCIBLE! Nothing Spyro tried did ANYTHING!" Flame answered. Nestor looked at a nearby clock. "Oh dear... I'm afraid we'll have to leave this conflict unsolved for a little while. You have school!"

"But... but..." Flame tried to protest, but Nestor continued.

"Cynder, we're going to register you. Flame and Ember will show you. Can you just get over this little incident?" Nestor turned to Cynder, who was now staring at the large cut on her back.

"*sniff* If I must..."

"Good! Now, get going!" Nestor waved his hand, and the three of them left. We cut to a distant shot of them walking. The shot suddenly turns infrared and computerized as three targeting cursors appears over them, followed by the words TARGETS CONFIRMED. Then, a voice speaks...

"Command, this is Scouter. I have confirmed kidnapping of the purple dragon, and have a targeting lock on the other three. They're heading toward school." A few beeps and some static is heard followed by a smooth, cool voice.

"Roger, Scouter. Wait for school to end, I'll signal you if the mission is to start early."

"Right. Scouter out." Static is heard and our shot fades to the school.
CLASSROOM 213 1130 HOURS

"Class... we have a new student today. This (the teacher motions to Cynder), is Cynder." In the murmurs of the class, filled with "Who's she," "Never seen her before," and "Where's Spyro," Cynder turns and whispers to Ember.

"So, what exactly do we do here?"

"When dragons reach age 12, they start studying combat techniques, mastery of elements, and magic." Ember responded.

"That seems up my alley," Cynder said, grinning. At this point, the teacher turns to Flame and Ember.

"Say, Flame, where IS our friend Spyro today?" At this, a tall red dragon stood up from the back of the room. Ember and Flame groaned.

"Who's he?" Cynder asked. She didn't have time for an answer, as the dragon began to speak in a sniveling, mocking voice.

"He's probably too chicken to learn these violent moves!" He said, a satisfied smirk on his face. Ember leans toward Cynder, a distasteful look on her face.

"That's Zane... he's a real jerk to most of us, Spyro included. He thinks he's better than everyone else. And that..." Ember motions to a blue dragoness about her size, snickering at Zane's comment, "Is Alicia, his girlfriend. Those guys..." she motions to a tall green dragon, a short blue dragon, a yellow dragoness taller than Zane, and a sky blue dragoness about Flame's size, "Are his little 'crew'. Thorn (the green dragon), Frieze (the blue dragon), Alix (the yellow dragoness), and Eliza (the sky blue dragoness). They're all a bunch of bullies who take pride in picking on us."

"That's enough, Zane! Flame, where is Spyro?"

Flame sweated nervously, trying to think up a lie. Finally, he stammered, "H-h-he... was involved in an.... er.... um.... accident! Yeah, an accident! He... er... um... might have.... broken his leg! Yeah! They're examining it right now, Ms. Rouge!" Ms. Rouge eyed him suspiciously, then finally nodded.

"Very well, take your seats. Cynder, you can have Spyro's seat for now." Flame let out a huge, exasperated sigh, then followed Ember and Cynder. As Cynder turned around to sit, there was a large gasp from the class.

OH NO! I forgot... the gash from Colonel! It's still there! What do I do? Quickly, Alicia laughed and spoke in a shrieking, laughing tone.

"Ms. Rouge! Cynder's bleeding!" Ms. Rouge quickly looked up from her desk at Alicia.

"Is this true, Cynder?" Just as Cynder was about to open her mouth, a blasting sound is heard from outside. "What in the name of..." The entire school suddenly begins rumbling tremendously. The various dragons all run toward the door except Flame, Cynder and Ember.

"Who do you reckon it is this time?" Flame growled, hunching low as if preparing to fly.

"I don't know, but we're gonna find out!" Cynder responded. The three break open a nearby window and fly out of it to the front of the school. There, all the confused and scared dragons are backed against the wall. Red is standing there, carrying a large red crystal. A mysterious black aura swirls around it. Scrimegour is next to him, his scepter pointed at the crowd. "YOU!" Cynder yelled and took off toward Scrimegour. Flame and Ember lunge after her, trying to stop her.

"Nobody move until we have finished up here. Got it?" Scrimegour shouted. The crowd nodded in unison. "Good. Now, Red.... what the?" But it was to late, Cynder slammed into Scrimegour, knocking him to the ground with a thud. Again, we cut to a distant shot of this, which quickly turns into an infrared computerized image. Scouter's voice begins to speak.

"Command, we have a problem. The enemy has sent two of his thugs to place one of his Shield Generators in the Dragon Realms. I'm going in."

"Don't forget to get the targets. Command out." There's static and we cut back to Cynder. Scrimegour stands up, the orb on his scepter glowing with energy.

"Ah, yes, you're the diving girl! The one who tried to save your little boyfriend from being sent to MY dimension. This time, you won't escape me!" Scrimegour shoots several fireballs from his wand. Cynder expertly dodges them, but suddenly finds herself right in front of the huddled crowd. "Careful." Scrimegour said in his cheerful voice, "We wouldn't want to hurt the innocent ones, would we?" Scrimegour's scepter glows even brighter. He raises it to attack, when suddenly...

"You'll be hurting NO ONE today, Jon!" A black blur rams into Scrimegour sending him flying into a rock. The creature lands and everyone gasps in horror. They are looking at a dragon, but an odd one. One half of him is a terrifying shade of black, but the other is a titanium robotic body. As opposed to a hand, he has a pinsir consisting of four razor-sharp blades. Instead of an eye, a red, computer monitor-like square. The dragon is carrying a scepter in his real hand that looks exactly like Scrimegour's, except it's black instead of gold.

"R-R-Red.... hurry." Scrimegour whispers, weakly. Red nods and slams the Dark Gem into the ground. It instantly glows dark black and the earth begins shaking violently. Suddenly, a colossal metal fortress rises out from the Dark Gem as everyone gasps and stares in shock and horror. The fortress has a large, purple diamond as its logo. Red and Scrimegour disappear behind the doors. Second later, a red electric barrier appears around it.

"This is bad. Very bad indeed." The cyborg dragon says. He turns to our heroes. "You three!"

Flame looks at himself, Cynder and Ember, "Who... us?"

"YES YOU! Come with me, now! There's not a moment to lose."

Flame looks around nervously. "B-b-but..."

"End your talking immediately. Follow me!" The dragon motions to a pathway. Our heroes glance nervously at each other then reluctantly follow. As they walk off into the distance, Zane pokes his head out from the crowd.

"Hmm... I don't know what those wise guys are up to; but no one leaves Zane Bluefire out of ANYTHING! Alicia! Crew! We're following them, now!" The other dragons nod to each other and laugh. They charge off after them.

END CHAPTER 5

Next time, Chapter 6- One Stranger, Two Dimensions, Three Heroes
---
#14 Posted: 15:14:05 16/08/2007
What a load of muppets (Zane and his 'crew')! They remind me of certain people I know IRL. I feel sorry for Cynder though because she doesn't know what's happened to Spyro and she's in a totally different, confusing place.
---

#15 Posted: 17:24:08 16/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Chapter 6- One Stranger, Two Dimensions, Three Heroes
UNKNOWN LOCATION, FORGOTTEN REALMS 1330 HOURS

They arrive at a giant metal building. Ember nudges Flame and motions to the logo on the door. "It's that tattoo on Spyro's hand!" She whispered.

"The mark of the ancients. Yes, we know." The black dragon responded. He walks up to the door then turns left to a small red computer screen. He touches his pinsir to it; this is followed by a male computer voice.

"IDENTITY CONFIRMED. WELCOME HOME, DR." The doors slide open and the dragon motions inside. The three heroes exchange nervous glances before being pushed in by the dragon. He walks inside and the doors close. We switch to a bush near the laboratory. Zane pokes his head out.

"Some place! We'll fly up and see what they're doing through that window!" He smirked and took off, the other dragons following. We cut back to the inside, where our heroes are walking down a hallway. Ember turns to the stranger and begins to speak, when she's interrupted.

"My name? Lelenthal. Dr. Jonathan Lelenthal." He said. Flame went wide-eyed at this.

"B-b-b-but, you were supposed to have died in an explosion 15 years ago!" He cried. Ember nodded at this. Dr. Lelenthal growled as they turned a corner. A small robot, with one wheel instead of a leg zooms past them.

"I faked my death so I could work without interruption from annoying common-folk like you. When that accident occurred, I was warped into a parallel dimension. The same dimension," He pauses as he takes a deep breath, "where your friend is now." He walks up to a much larger door and presses his pinsir to the screen again. It slides open and they arrive in a control tower. There are several computer screen everywhere, the main one, on the wall to their left, is 70 ft in height. A large keyboard is arranged at its bottom. Next to the computer is a large, portal-shaped machine. Opposite the computer is a large window of equal height. Dr. Lelenthal continued his story as he typed on the keyboard, which had holographic keys that were touch-sensitive. "When I arrived there, I was severed in half by the explosion. But these two human scientists, Dr. Jason and Dr. Christopher Nitros made this." He motions to his cybertronic half. "Since then, I've been traveling between the dimensions using this (he motions to the portal-shaped machine). I work as a representative for the ancient gods; delivering messages to them from that dimension. This dimension does not really know about these gods. Pity. Speaking of which..."

Dr. Lelenthal turns his head to the machine, a swirling blue portal now appearing. He turns to our heroes and says, "There's someone who would like to speak with you." There is a large white flash and out steps a robot. The three heroes jump back, startled. The robot has all black armor, similar to High Max. But his face is white, it has the same color as Scrimegour's. His helmet is black except for a sapphire emerald on the top of the helmet. One other odd thing about the robot is it has long red hair that comes out of the helmet in a ponytail like way. "This..." Dr. Lelenthal began, "is Vic." The three dragons gasp in astonishment at their mysterious visitor. He turns and walks toward them, staring at them intently. Finally, he speaks.

"Ah, yes. Ember and Flame. We are most... disappointed by what had just happened." He began. Flame and Ember exchanged confused looks. Vic turns to Cynder. "Cynder, it's good to see you again after all this time. It seems Severus's storm did not damage you too badly." Cynder nods. Ember suddenly yells out.

"YOU KNOW HIM?" She screams.

"Yeah, we met a couple of times before I was frozen." Cynder answered. She turns back to Vic. Vic motions to Dr. Lelenthal who presses a button on the keyboard. A digital image of earth appears on it.

"This," He began, "is the main planet of life in the mortal realms; the dimension where Spyro is. It is made up of several regions; The Mushroom Kingdom (about a quarter of the landmass on earth flashes red), Mobius (a slightly smaller portion flashes red), Kanto and its surrounding regions (a portion about the same size as the first flashes), and Monsteropolis (the remaining part flashes red). We've arranged for you to go to this dimension using my Dimensional Jumper (he motions to his machine again). We are sending you to an area filled with other heroes with experience in this dimension. However, to get to this dimension, you must travel through Flipside."

"What's Flipside?" Ember asked.

"A world that exists between the two dimensions. We've arranged for one of our representatives to meet you there and escort you." Vic responded. "Your job is to invade Gate's Laboratory...:

"Wait, who's Gate?" Cynder asked, her eyes unable to stay focused on one thing in the room.

"The mastermind of the kidnapping. You didn't think RED was behind this did you?" Dr. Lelenthal turned to Flame and Ember; sweat drops sliding down their heads.

"Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe..." Ember answered. Dr. Lelenthal sighed as he pressed a button on his keyboard. The portal's color turned to black.

"This will take you to Flipside, hurry up!" He commanded. The all looked nervously at one another.

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" Flame asked. Cynder slapped him.

"Don't question this! We're doing this..... for Spyro." She sad, sadness filling her voice like water filling a well. She drooped her head and walked silently to the portal, pausing briefly to glance at Vic. "Is it really going to happen?"

"I cannot change the Prognosticus. It will... don't worry; follow your heart and all will end well." She nodded and walked into the portal. Flame and Ember gave themselves confused looks and charged after her. "Well, Jon, shall we adjourn to the video-conference room? We must relay the news."

"Yes, sir!" Dr. Lelenthal bolted out of the room. Vic slowly walked out of the room, pausing to glance at the portal.

They'll be fine; as long as our two agents arrive on cue, they'll be fine. The doors slid shut behind him. Suddenly, the sound of broken glass is heard. Zane flies into the room. His face boiling with anger.

"I KNEW IT! That rat Spyro isn't hurt! He's going to play 'hero' again! WELL NOT THIS TIME! Come one, we're going to the mortal realms!" The other dragon grinned as Zane flew in the portal. They flew in after him. We cut to an aerial shot of the lab, loud laughing can be heard. "I'll save the day this time! Then I'll get all the fame and attention! ME..... ZANE!"

END CHAPTER 6

Next time, Chapter 7- Flipside and Beyond; the Adventure Begins
---
#16 Posted: 11:40:42 18/08/2007
Ok, I'm weird - last night I had a dream that this fan fiction ended (as a film) and Zane ran away scared. I'm a total freak sometimes.
---

#17 Posted: 12:21:57 18/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Chapter 7- Flipside and Beyond; the Adventure Begins
FLIPSIDE 1ST FLOOR 1400 HOURS

A large swirling portal appears next to a fountain. The three heroes stumble out of it. The stand up and look around, gawking in amazement at the sights of this dimension. "This place.... it's so.... different from our home." Ember said.

"Hey, you three!" A voice echoed at them from a distance. Cynder looks around and sees a small girl walking up to them. She is wearing glasses and dressed in a white outfit with brown pants. "You guys are those three dragons, am I right? Listen, um, you're to come with me, 'K?"

"Are you our escort?" Cynder asked, stepping forward as if to show a small touch of leadership within the group.

"Yeah, I got a memo regarding it. Name's Nastasia, 'K? We're, um, going to go to the portal on Flipside Tower, if you don't mind." Suddenly, a growling noise is heard. Flame gives off a 'my fault' look.

"I think I'm hungry. We've done a lot in one morning!" Flame looked towards a yellow building. It has a sign with a pot on it. "I think that place sells food."

"Not exactly. You can make food out of items there. You don't have any items, am I right?" Flame nodded. "And the mortal realms use different currencies from your dimension; so you're out of, er, luck." Nastasia turned and walked toward an arrow. An elevator appears and opens up. "Come now, we musn't fall behind schedule." The three dragons exchange confused looks.

"This dimension sure is strange." Ember said. And the walk forward into the elevator. A few seconds later, Zane flies out of the portal and smack into the nearby wall. He falls down in the fountain as the other dragons laugh it him.

"THAT'S NOT FUNNY!" He said, trying to shake the water off of him. Let's fly up! Maybe we'll beat them to that stinkin' portal!" Alicia rolled her eyes and jumped into the air, flying in the direction of a church-like structure standing atop Flipside. There are three portals there; a pink one, a black one, and a blue one. Alix turns to Zane.

"All those portal lead to the mortal realms, Zane. The question is, which do we think they'll take?" Thorn snorted and laughed.

"That's an easy one, stupid, they took a black portal to get here, so they'll take one again! Come on, anyone with half a brain and a spoonful of common sense could have figured that out!" Alix gritted her teeth.

"At least I'm not the one who thought that 'item shop' or whatever it was called, was edible!"Alix said in retaliation. Alicia pushed the two's snouts shut.

"Quit having a poorly-made dissing contest, you're both losers in our opinion! Now get going!" Alix and Thorn look at each other, then shake hands and fly into the portal. Zane quickly spots a large bag on the ground. He picks it up and opens revealing tons of sparkling coins.

"YOWZA! This must be the currency I heard that Spyro-colored girl talking about! We're RICH! Ha ha ha!" He flies into the portal. A few minutes later, an elevator appears next to the portals. Nastasia and the three heroes emerge from it.

"So, er, you're satisfied with the coins and items, 'K?" The glance at each other.

"Yeah! If they really do what you say they will." Ember answered. She surveyed the three portals. "We take the black one... right?" Nastasia shook her head.

"No, the pink one will take you to Peach's Castle. That's where you want to go. Good luck, you three! Don't let Severus succeed in his plans, 'K?"

Flame appears shaken. "I thought this 'Gate' person was behind it, now its Severus; that unholy god Nestor mentioned!" Flame smacks his forehead before walking through the pink portal. The three girls exchange 'typical Flame' looks before following him.

END CHAPTER 7

Next time, Chapter 8- Starting the Battle; Allies
---
#18 Posted: 15:40:38 18/08/2007
can i be the wizard? i wanted to be in the story and be that weird wizard
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
#19 Posted: 15:45:47 18/08/2007
What are you on about zacoda?
---

#20 Posted: 16:10:07 18/08/2007
nvm lolo
---
#21 Posted: 19:51:50 18/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Weird wizard? Do you mean Severus? ;>.>

Chapter 8- Starting the Battle; Allies
UNKNOWN LOCATION 1415 HOURS

The scene opens in a large living room/entry hall. It has several leather couches, one plasma screen TV, bean bag chairs, and several people sitting in them. The first is a girl with blond hair, wearing a pink dress, and a crown. Next to her is a tall mustached man in green and blue overalls. Next to him is a black hedgehog who is seated next to a yellow mouse-like creature, and a pink puffball.

"We've been sitting here watching TV forever! When did Vic say they'd be coming?" The puffball turned to the black hedgehog.

"Hmph. He said any minute." The puffball made an angry face.

"You said that three hours ago!" There was a loud banging noise that could be heard coming from upstairs, followed by a yell.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" A minute later, a round figure wearing a white sheet, a party hat and a ribbon-like tie ran out of a room. He was carrying a DS. "Why didn't you tell me it was 'national make portals in Doopliss's room day,' slick?" Doopliss turned to the girl.

"That must be the 'company' we're expecting. It means you get to go and stop that Gate person now!" The pink puffball jumped out of his seat and started dancing.

"FINALLY! We've been waiting since... what... 3 a.m. in the morning!" The girl turned to the puffball with an angry face.

"That wouldn't have happened if SOMEBODY (her yell was directed at the kitchen) didn't crash through our ceiling!"
Flame, Ember and Cynder are thrown out of the portal into the opposite wall. Cynder stands up first and looks around. "It looks like we're in someone bedroom. But... what's that?" She points to a television. Flame walks up to it and presses the button marked POWER.

"Its a TV. The Professor has tons of these in his lab... but they usually just show stuff on security cameras." Ember meanwhile is lying on the bed turning the lamp on and off repeatably.

"This is such a comfy bed! You'd think we were in a castle or something!" She gets up and walks to the door. "I think I hear voices in the distance. Let's go, maybe these 'allies' are waiting for us!" Flame nods and turns off the TV. Cynder closes the closet doors and walks up to them.

"Weird," she proclaims, "This person only has bedsheets in his closet. Does this dimension celebrate Halloween everyday?" They walk out the door and down the hall to the staircase. They don't have to go far before they see a girl with blond hair and a pink dress spot them.

"That's them! WAKE UP, KIRBY!! They're ACTUALLY here!" She pokes a pink puffball who slowly gets to his feet. He yawns as he speaks.

"Is it dinner time yet?" Suddenly, a yellow mouse-like creature runs up the stairs to them. It has two red dots on its cheeks, two pointy ears, and a lightning bolt-shaped tail. It sniffs them before turning to the girl.

"Yup... three dragons! Just like Vic said!" Ember tries to open her mouth, but Kirby speaks first.

"Wait... that Pikachu can talk?!" Kirby asks the girl. She giggles and pulls out a small cartridge in her pocket.

"We Gamesharked him... any other questions?"

"Just one..." Ember begins, "WHERE THE HECK ARE WE?!" She jumps off the balcony and glides down to the girl. Cynder and Flame exchange nervous glances, before deciding to use the stairs. Doopliss instantly sees this and runs in front of the girl. He pulls out a broken umbrella, which is full of holes.

"BACK! Nobody touches Princess Peach! Don't make me use this!" Ember lands in front of Doopliss and turns to Peach. Peach meets her glare with one of her own. The two continue to stare each other down until Peach finally speaks.

"Well, if you must know, this is my castle! You're in the Mushroom Kingdom!" She starts. Flame leans over to Cynder and whispers.

"That's that first place Dr. Lelenthal mentioned to us. How did he know we'd be sent here?" He asked.

"Vic probably told him. Didn't he say he worked for Vic?" Cynder responded. Peach cleared her throat and continued speaking.

"You guys are here because Gate took your friend, right?" They nodded, Cynder tried to resist the urge to cry every time this was mentioned. "Well, we've all had people taken from us too. We think that Gate's trying to build an army of well known heroes."

"B-but how did he know about Spyro if we're in a different dimension?" Flame asked. Peach shook her head.

"We're still not sure about that. But we know Vic and Tray personally, and they told of us everything that was happening. If your friend stays in Gate's hands for too long, the results could be deadly." Cynder lowered her head and closed her eyes, thinking.

An image of Tray appears in front of her. His voice is similar to that of High Max."You have to be ready to fight your friend when the time comes, and you have to be willing to accept sacrifice when the time comes; else you risk loosing him forever."

"How will I know when that time's come?" Cynder asked.

"Trust me, you will. I know everything, after all." Tray briefly smirked before vanishing.

"So that's it..." She whispered. Ember turns to her.

"I beg your pardon?" She asked. Cynder cocked her head back, startled.

"Er... nothing... nothing at all." She turned back to Peach, who was still speaking.

"...these guys all want to try and defeat Gate for personal reasons..." The black hedgehog spoke up.

"Not Kirby, he's just here for free food." Kirby looked slightly embarrassed. The hedgehog starts speaking again, his voice smooth and calm, "Name's Shadow. Hopefully you're not too stunned by the technology here, because its always upgrading... fast." The guy in the overalls stood up.

"I'm Luigi! My brother and I have been saving the Mushroom Kingdom for... like... 20 years or so! I really wish Gate didn't take him." Doopliss turns around and introduces himself. The Pikachu speaks up.

"I'm Pikachu. Most Pokémon can only say their names, but I was lucky enough to meet someone with a Gameshark! It's a pleasure to..." Everyone suddenly fell on the floor as a loud roar echoed from the kitchen. Luigi hid under the sofa, Flame doing the same action. Cynder tried to speak, paralyzed by fear.

"W-w-what was that? Was it another d-d-dragon?" Suddenly, a deep low voice shouted into the living room.

"GRAH! PEACHY... WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME WE WERE OUT OF TOMATO SAUCE!!!" Seconds later, a glass jar flies out of the kitchen at breakneck speeds. It hits Cynder square in the stomach and breaks, cutting into her flesh. Cynder merely continues to stare into the kitchen as she swipes at the cut with her paw, attempting to clean off the blood. A tall, green turtle/dinosaur creature stomps out of the kitchen. He has a large, spiked shell on his back and he's wearing spiked dog-collars on his neck and arms. "How am I supposed to make my FAMOUS Koopa Pizza IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY DAMN...." He stops and stares at the scene in front of him. His attention turns to Cynder, meeting his angry face with one of her own. "Heh! Looks like I've still got that pinpoint accuracy! I SHOULD become a baseball pitcher!"

The awkward silence would not start. Instead, Cynder leaped at the creature and tackled him. "Who do you think you are just being able to hurt me like that!" The creature threw his head back, and lurched it forward, unleashing a jet of hot, red flames. The three dragons were awestruck at this as Cynder was propelled into the wall. Luigi and Flame ran from the sofa and faced the turtle. Suddenly, a loud slapping noise could be heard. The turtle was crouched low, getting slapped silly by Peach. "And don't you ever do that again, Bowser!"

"B-b-but Peachy, I didn't know..." Bowser tried to think up an excuse, but nothing came.

"Do you WANT your castle back?!" She yelled. Bowser's expression turned to anger as he stood up.

"YES! YES! YES! Lousy no good scientist! Shows up in the MIDDLE of the night and blows me up out of my OWN CASTLE! Who does he think he is?!" Bowser yelled out. Ember, without thinking, punches Bowser in the face. He stared at her, dumbstruck.

"D..... Don't ever hurt my friend AGAIN!" Sh snarled at him. He stepped back.

"Oh... these were those dragons Vic told us to be expecting." A small sweat drop rolled down Bowser's face.

"You can never make a good first impression can you, Bowser?" Luigi exclaims. He whispers to Flame and he chuckles in amusement. His eyes suddenly lit up.

"Thanks for reminding me! I was watching Doopliss's TV when we arrived, and it mentioned something about a 'Star Carnival' tonight in this place called Toad Town." Peach smacked herself on the head.

"D'oh! I completely forgot! You guys shouldn't start your adventure tonight, you should really come to the carnival!" Peach reached in her pocket and pulled an envelope. "We've got three EXTRA tickets!" Cynder beamed with excitement.

"Oh wow... a carnival! And in this dimension! What a great way to celebrate freedom!" She happily took the envelope from Peach's hand. Peach looks at her watch.

"We should get going, they're going to start the festivities soon!" Peach grabs a jacket and trots out the door. Bowser, Shadow, Pikachu, Doopliss, and Luigi followed. Cynder and Ember went next. Flame slowly walked after them, speaking to himself out loud.

"A carnival! That's such a bad idea! Am I the only one who thinks that there won't be any trouble at that carnival." We cut to a shot from the castle roof of Flame running after the others. An unseen person starts speaking.

"Yeah... they made it here. Wait... you think WHAT'S going to happen at the carnival? Him? BAH! I've defeated him TWICE! Yes, I'll go. I'll... uh... stick to the shadows until I feel the time is right. Okay. Maverick Hunter out."

END CHAPTER 8

Next time, Chapter 9- Zero, More than a Number
---
#22 Posted: 01:32:57 19/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Hi! Double-posting! >.>

Chapter 9- Zero, More than a Number
TOAD TOWN 1900 HOURS

Dusk was beginning to descend on the town, but there were flashing neon lights everywhere, advertising the carnival's appearance. Stage lights were also illuminating things from booths to rides to a large amphitheater constructed at the edge of the carnival. The three dragons walked at the end of the large group, taking in all the sights. Children were running around waving prizes and allowance money. There were several couples making their way toward a heart shaped ride marked TUNNEL OF LOVE. Cynder started pacing more quickly, as Ember raised an eye in question. Bowser turned to the three of them. "Here we are! The best event in the mushroom kingdom all year! And you get to be a part of it." Peach turned to the others.

"I got to help book the main act for tonight's carnival. I don't know HOW he was free... but we booked Severus, the world-famous magician for an hour and a half act at the end of the carnival!" Peach beamed and held up a flier. Ember and Flame shrugged, but Cynder just stared at the piece of paper. Suddenly, without even knowing, she shrieked and fainted. Our shot goes black as flashback appears.

DRAGON REALMS, 150 YEARS AGO

Cynder was huddled in a cave, clutching to a necklace with several diamonds strung on it. A bright flash enveloped her, followed by a blast of thunder. A voice could be heard laughing... and it was getting closer. "Ah ha ha ha ha ha! I have you now.... CYNDER!" A court-jester like creature appeared in front of her. She shrieked as he smiled and bowed.

"W-w-who are you?" She asked, tears streaming down her face.

"I am the master of all things magical, and the creator of this LOVELY storm, SEVERUS! But alas, are time together is short, as I shall render you speechless. But not to worry, I'm sure we'll meet again, in time." He waved his right hand and an icy blast enveloped her; the shrieking slowly muted, and everything goes black.

Cynder bolts upright, coughing and spurting. Ember was using her water breath to fill up a pail. Cynder jumped to her feet. "NO! NO MORE WATER! I'm fine!" Shadow stared at her.

"You're not 'fine' at all. Far from it... why would you faint at a picture of a simple magician?" Cynder shoots a worried look at Flame and Ember before lying.

"I've... just heard SO much about him! I fainted... at his beauty! Yeah! He's SOOOO handsome!" Bowser blinked before turning and walking again, everyone following him. "Oh no... him! Here! Why?" She quickly followed after everyone else. She catches up to them to find them standing next to a booth, Peach in front of everyone. She is facing a small girl in a nice pink dress.

"Hi Mimi! I didn't know you worked at the carnival!" Mimi nodded and pointed to the sign above the booth. It was labeled GUESS WHO. "So, what's this game?" Mimi walked back to a curtain and pulled it. Three Toads appeared before them, each one looking EXACTLY alike. Ember stared intently, trying to make out some notable difference, but lowered her head in defeat.

"As you see," Mimi began, "There are a triplet of Toads here! But only one is real... the rest are nasty little Duplighosts! If you guess the real one, you win a cool prize!" Peach stares at the three Toads, paying careful attention to each one. Finally, she answers.

"It's the middle one?" Peach guessed. Mimi motioned to the Toads. Instantly, the two ones on the sides transformed into clouds of smoke. They reappeared as creatures looking like Doopliss, but with gray sheets.

"Wow! You're the first person to win tonight! Here's your prize!" Mimi hands Peach an envelope. She opens it revealing a gift card.

"Cool, a gift card! This carnival's got some NEAT stuff this year." Mimi smiled and began to talk.

"The carnival got a huge donation this year from someone holding a high position in the M.R.U.N!" She motion to two humans talking. One was short and plump, dressed in a red suit with a black shirt and a gray tie. Cynder gasped at the second figure and nudged Flame and Ember and stared in shock.

"PEACH! That's..." Ember motions to the taller man. Peach smiles and finishes her sentence.

"...head of the department of international security at the M.R.U.N., Jonathan Scrimegour. He donated the money!" Cynder's face creased in anger.

"We have to leave... NOW!" She demanded. Bowser turned at her, astonished.

"But we've hardly done anything. Why leave? We HAVE to see that magic show!" Cynder flies up to Bowser head and grabs him by the collar. With a shocking amount of strength, she lifts him into the air.

"Listen you overgrown turtle, if we don't leave here we'll be joining your friend Mario! Gate is involved with the carnival! Scrimegour was one of the guys who KIDNAPPED..." She released her grip; Bowser falls to the ground with a thud.

"Oh no..." Flame rolls his eyes. "That IS Scrimegour! He was in our dimension! He showed up to plant a Dark Gem there!" Cynder collapsed to the ground, punching her fists against the dirt.

"WHY!!! If I could have just *sob* been a LITTLE faster, I could have.... *sob* WHY? WHY? WHY?!" Ember turned her head away, clearly entranced in her own thoughts.

Who does this girl think she's trying to fool with that act... Spyro? She fixed her eyes on Scrimegour's, who suddenly turned his head so their eyes met. He gasped and suddenly ran off in the direction of the amphitheater.

"Oh! The show's going to start! Come on!" Peach grabs Cynder and drags her, Cynder viciously clawing at the ground.

"NO! Don't take me there! He'll see me! He'll see me! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!!" Bowser shoved Peach aside and effortlessly picked Cynder up. They walked into the amphitheater and found seats. Suddenly, the stage went dark. A voice rang out through the audience.

"Ah ha ha ha. Ladies and gentlemen... prepared to be dazzled by the master of magic... the pleaser of crowds..." The audience all chimed in, as if knowing the intro by heart.

"...SEVERUS!" They screamed in unison. The curtains opened, revealing Nightmare Severus standing there. He waved his hand and a black shadow ball shot into the air, exploding like fireworks. He followed with several more which he used to spell out "WELCOME" in the moonlit sky. He bowed to them all.

"I bid you a fond hello! Welcome to my show of mysterious illusions and fascinating tricks! I shall have the privilege and honor of entertaining you all tonight! But first, I must thank Jonathan Scrimegour of the M.R.U.N. for his donation and Princess Peach Toadstool for informing me of this miraculous event! And what a fun time I've had tonight!" The audience cheered and screamed. Severus began talking about his first trick as we cut to Cynder, who is looking around the audience. Cynder turns to Doopliss, who is seated next to someone he seems to know. She eavesdrops.

"WOAH! You're... PHOENIX WRIGHT! I have all four of your games... tough luck on the surgery thing. Didn't you have a case tomorrow?" Bowser turns his attention toward them. Wright looks up at Bowser, they both sweat nervously.

"Yeah... Edgeworth agreed to cover for me again while I'm gone." Bowser now spoke.

"Who's he defending?" Wright became really nervous now.

"Er... ah... Plenn T." Bowser rubbed his chin.

"The owner of Items Inc.? How could a corporate billionaire be convicted of murder?" Cynder sighed in boredom and looked around again. She looked at Scrimegour, who was talking with the plump man again. The audience suddenly applauded as a group of doves fly out through the audience. They suddenly stop right over the row they are sitting in. Cynder stares into their eyes, then suddenly yells out in horror.

"LOOK OUT!" She charges forward, knocking everyone out of their seats with her massive strength. The doves explode, hitting Cynder in the back where her cut was. She yelled out as she collapsed in a seat. The audience gasp in horror and all several begin screaming in panic and confusion. Severus grits his teeth angrily. He teleports away, and the next instance, a large black energy ball careens into Cynder. The pain she felt was unlike anything she had ever felt in her life. It was like her very body was being split in half. Her shriek causes several glass objects to break, including Scrimegour's (who is now firing blasts from his scepter at Luigi) glasses. An echoing voice rings out through the theater.

"Enough." Ember and Flame gasp, Cynder also stares in horror, tearing slightly from the pain of the last attack. High Max descends into the theater.

"H-H-High Max!" Flame says, gritting his teeth in anger. High Max merely meets his glare with one of his emotionless stares. Flame is startled by his unshaken face and turns to his friends. "He's the jerk who knocked Spyro's lights out!"

"And now I'll knock out yours." High Max proclaims.

TO BE CONTINUED!

Next time, Chapter 9 (part 2)
---
zacoda1 Fodder
#23 Posted: 12:59:55 19/08/2007
im not logged in yet but nice when is spyro gonna come back? but he wont know anything and i thought they would try to convince him he was on there side
#24 Posted: 13:44:16 19/08/2007 | Topic Creator
You'll see! <.<

And now... in continues!

High Max floats over Scrimegour, who seems to sense what's happening and leaves. High Max puts his hands together and pushes them apart. Two barrier covered with ancient symbols on them appear. Cynder, in her rage, jumps up and tries to attack, but the barrier bats her away. High Max suddenly rushes strait at the large group. Most of the manage to get out of the way, but Ember is hit and slammed into a wall. High Max continues dashing forward and slams into her again. A cry of pain is heard and the barrier disappear. High Max floats into the air, back to where he was. He cups his hands together again. Four small energy balls fly out in a strait line. Flame steps in front of them and uses a powerful fire breath to destroy the energy balls.

High Max puts up the barrier again and starts charging. Flame doesn't have time to react and is slammed into Ember. They both collapse in unconscious heaps on the ground. "HEY... tall black and ugly... EAT THIS!" High Max turns around to see Cynder unleashing three black fireballs. They hit their mark, exploding on the spot. But when the smoke clears, High Max looks completely unharmed. "T-t-that's impossible!" High Max floats over to her and cups his hands together again.

"With this move..." He thrusts them apart, and the small energy ball suddenly grows so it's over him. Suddenly, energy in the shape of spikes pop out throughout the ball, turning him into a mace. Cynder tries to one but High Max crushes her under the mace. An echoing cry of agony rears out through the theater. The energy mace disappears. Cynder just lies there, several large puncture wounds have appeared on her. "Surrender yourselves. Resistance is useless." Suddenly, a taunting voice echoes out through the theater.

"Tsk tsk, High Max, you haven't changed a bit!" High Max looks around the theater. "Up here!" A black beam falls out of the sky. It hits the ground and suddenly forms a robot. It is the same as Vic, except its armor is black and white, and the hair is blond. "Hey buddy, did you miss me? Who would've thought Gate would be back to his tricks after all this time!"

"It's you. Zero." High Max remarked. "This time, I will defeat you." High Max rises into the air and appears next to the unconscious Flame and Ember. He puts his barrier up, but Zero just stands there. High Max rushes at him, but Zero dashes under the attack. He turns and dashes toward High Max who puts the barriers away. Suddenly, Zero produces a purple beam saber and slashes High Max, who begins flashing white. Zero slashes again, and High Max suddenly crashes to the ground. "Shock," was all that was heard. High Max rises into the air again and appears on the other side. He cups his hands together and shoots out four energy balls. Zero dashes under them again, and slashes High Max twice. Again, High Max comes crashing to the ground.

"No. I'm supposed to be stronger." High Max flashes white again, before several miniature explosions encase him. A bright flash of white light follows, and High Max is gone when the light vanishes. The still-conscious heroes cheer and clap for Zero, who approaches them. He looks up at the sky, where a creature is flying down into the arena. He lands next to Zero.

"Thanks for saving our skins, slick!" Doopliss yelled. Zero nodded.

"No problem... it's what I do." They all turn to the other person.

"I hope that wasn't too much of a problem for you." Dr. Lelenthal said. Zero shook his head.

"Not at all... High Max still hasn't learned anything new!" Dr. Lelenthal nods and turns to Peach.

"Jason wants me to take the ones who are going out to stop Gate to his lab." Dr. Lelenthal looks at the three dragons. "Hmph... they still have a lot to learn."
CORE LAB, GATE'S LABORATORY 2233 HOURS

"High Max, you failed me." High Max knelt in front of Gate.

"It's not my error. That annoying Maverick Hunter, Zero was somehow revived... again... and sent to help them." Gate grunts and turns to Severus.

"And YOU... were useless! As were you Scrimegour. I told you to weaken them!" Severus snaps his fingers.

"Ah ha ha ha. How was I supposed to know the dragons would find there way here? They must've had help!" Scrimegour nodded.

"One of them instantly recognized me! And that black dragon, the one that tried to tackle me after we had Spyro, she knocked all her friends out of the seat when I blew up the doves!" Gate slams his fist on the table, Scrimegour jumps back, slightly shaken.

"Failure IS NOT AN OPTION! I don't tolerate mistakes in my organization." Suddenly, the electronic door beeps, and slides open, a figure slowly walking into the room. "Ah yes, Spyro. Why do you disturb me? I'm busy punishing people!" Spyro glared back at Gate, his now blood red eyes piercing through Gate's own glare. Gate turns away from Spyro as he speaks, his voice cool and dark, like Scrimegour's.

"I finished tracking down those heroes you wanted me to get. All except that Bass creature. He refused to agree to my demands... so I blew him up, of course!" Spyro smirked at his own success. "They are being held with that dorky turtle's weird minions in the prison cell." Severus laughed.

"Ah ha ha ha. Truly I have outdone myself, no?" Suddenly, a black and purple shadow ball blasted him in the back, his face angered. Spyro glared back at him.

"You did nothing, but failed! It was I who apprehended the heroes, as Gate desired." He turned to Gate, who looked as his computer screen.

"Spyro, tell me, how do you feel about guarding the Dark Gem in the Dragon Realms?" Spyro laughed.

"If I get to fight those weaklings, it doesn't matter to me!" He turned and strode off, the doors slamming shut behind him.

"Then let them come to you..." Gate grinned as he turned back to his computer.

END OF CHAPTER 9

Next time, Chapter 10- The Annoying Truth; Back to the Start
---
#25 Posted: 14:41:04 19/08/2007
make another soon enough i love these storys smilie spyro creeped the blood out of me lol
---
#26 Posted: 15:30:52 19/08/2007 | Topic Creator
As you wish... >.>

Chapter 10- The Annoying Truth; Back to the Start
DR. NITROS'S LAB 0405 HOURS

Dr. Lelenthal walks into a dark room and flips on the light switch. "Jason isn't here right now. He has meetings with some associates." They walk into a room with a large screen on it. Bowser looks over his shoulder at the knocked out Flame.

"They've been out a while. Do you think they're gonna wake up?" Peach smacked Bowser.

"Of course they will! Don't say that." Just then, a groaning noise is heard. Bowser looks over his other shoulder where Ember is stirring. Suddenly, she bolts her eyes open and jumps off Bowser.

"GAH! Where are we... what happened?" She stared at Zero. "And why's Vic here?" Peach turned to Ember.

"High Max knocked you out with his attack. That's not Vic, that's Zero. He saved us from High Max." Ember stared at him in complete awe.

"Y-you actually BEAT him?" She remarked. Zero nodded. She turned to Cynder, who was draped over Zero's shoulder. Cynder had several large cuts on her back. And the cut from the glass jar began bleeding again. "She looks awful!" Ember turned to Peach. "Isn't there a way to fix her up?" Peach smiled.

"As a matter of fact, yes!" The door opens and in walks a medium-sized girl in white robes. Peach turns back to Ember. "That's White Mage. She's an expert healer!" White Mage walks up to Peach.

"Ugh, sorry I'm late! Black Mage wouldn't let me sneak out of the house to come to you guys. I had to knock him unconscious with my mallet. So... who needs healing?" Ember motions to Zero who lays Cynder down. "Yikes! That girl's a complete mess!" White Mage said. She walked over to Cynder and put a hand on her, then jerked it back quickly. "She's FREEZING cold! Like she jumped in a frozen lake or something!" She put her hand back on Cynder.

Cynder suddenly glowed white. Ember could make out all the cuts and bruises shrinking, till they were no more. White Mage turned back to Peach and Ember, satisfied. "There... all done! Good as new." Cynder winced slightly, before opening her eyes.

"Am I dead yet?" She said groggily, rubbing her eyes with her paw. She stared at Zero. Zero bent down to her level and whispered something in her ear. Cynder nodded and whispered back. Zero stands back up and speaks to her.

"Glad to know we're on the same page." He said. The others stared at them, confused. Suddenly, Dr. Lelenthal clears his throat and everyone turns their attention to him.

"Now," He began as he pressed a button on the keyboard. Two maps appeared showing each of the two dimensions. He continued speaking, "Gate has taken over Bowser's castle which is currently located at the center of Dark Land. However, Gate planted 8 Dark Gems throughout this world and the world where Ember and Cynder have come from. They seem to have put a barrier around the caslte. So far... we've only managed to track down four." He presses the button again. A dark silhouette appeared. The outline vaguely resembled that of Flame, Ember and Cynder.

"A fortress has appeared in the center of the Dragon Realms. The first gem is powering the wormholes that Gate is using to send things between dimensions." An image of a dragonfly-like robot appeared. "The second gem is in the Koopahari Desert. Gate is using this gem to create solar panels which are creating plant-like nightmares." An image of a dinosaur/dragon robot appears. "The third gem is in Mt. Lavalava. Gate is planning on harnessing the molten lava to make weapons for his troops." Another black silhouette appears. This one cannot be made out. "The fourth Dark Gem is hidden in Antarctica in your home (he turns to Ember and Cynder)." Ember nods and thinks to herself.

"So you're saying we have to destroy the gems IN THAT ORDER?" Dr. Lelenthal shook his head.

"No, but I AM recommending that you go to the dimension for magical creatures first. It's becoming harder to keep wormholes active with Gate's meddling. By the way, we made you this..." Dr. Lelenthal hands Bowser an iPhone.

"It's just an iPhone... so what?" Dr. Lelenthal laughed.

"Not JUST an iPhone! I modified it with some special weapons! You can call it the Battle Operations Buddy!" Cynder laughed at this.

"How about Bob instead?" Ember commented. Dr. Lelenthal mumbled to himself before activating a wormhole device in the corner of the room.

"Good luck. Use Bob to report back to me if there's a problem!" Ember nodded and turned to Bowser.

"We HAVE to wake Flame up! Anyone have a bucket?" At the mention of bucket, Flame bolts upright.

"I'M AWAKE! No water! Please don't!" The other laugh at this.

"Flame doesn't like water." Ember commented, grinning. Flame grumbles and walks through the portal. White Mage, Zero, Doopliss, Shadow, Luigi, Shadow, Bowser, Ember and Cynder follow. Ember turns back to Peach.

"Aren't you coming?" Peach shakes her head.

"No... after what happened last night, I'm going to the M.R.U.N. to spy on Scrimegour. Good luck!"

"You too!" Ember said and she stepped through the portal. After all this, we're finally starting! Don't worry Spyro... I'll save you!
CORE LAB, GATE'S LABORATORY 0500 HOURS

Gate stares at Severus. "Severus, I have an important assignment for you." Severus bows and answers.

"Name your task, my liege." Gate nods and faces him.

"I am having trouble controlling construction of the Final Weapon without being able to see it. I have heard of a remarkable space telescope in Woohoo Honiversity, that can see far enough to watch progress. I would like you to go there, and confirm this suspicion. Report back what you find out." Severus nods and teleports out. Gate's computer screen suddenly flashes. He turns to it and an evil grin forms on his face.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. It looks like they picked the wrong place to start. Muahahahahaha!"

END CHAPTER 10

Next time, Chapter 11- Shocking Revelations II; The Face of the Foe
---
#27 Posted: 15:41:26 19/08/2007
can the next chapter have spyro as the power source for the weapon and then a portal appears in the dragon realms where the 5 guardians come out

oh and im looking foward to another one lol these are so awesome
---
Last edited at 15:51:09 19/08/2007 by zacoda1
#28 Posted: 15:55:19 19/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Sorry for no update... just answering your question...

About the guardians thing... if you didn't know by the Cynder-frozen bit... they're dead. It's been 160 years since A New Beginning and The Eternal Night. >.>
---
#29 Posted: 16:02:41 19/08/2007
when you makin another one im not rushing just wanna know smilie
---
#30 Posted: 18:21:15 19/08/2007
These are cool, HIR. Haha, "I'M AWAKE! No water! Please don't!". LOL
---

#31 Posted: 18:25:38 19/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Now.. actually! >.>

Chapter 11- Shocking Revelations II; The Face of the Foe
ARTISANS HOME WORLD, DRAGON REALMS 0800 HOURS

A swirling blue portal appears in an open field and our heroes step out. Flame looks around and takes a deep breath. "Ah! There's no place like home." Shadow looked around.

"Didn't they say this place was under attack? It doesn't look like its under attack!" Cynder looked toward a group of nearby houses.

"It looks like most people haven't woken up yet. That's good! We can find that fortress more easily now!" Cynder starts walking with Flame and Ember following. The other heroes exchange confused looks but follow them anyway.

30 MINUTES OF WALKING LATER....

"Are we there yet?" Bowser grumbled dragging his feet across the ground. Ember sighed and turned around to face him, trying not to show signs of lost patience.

"Not yet. But we're getting close." Bowser groaned and continued walking. Doopliss was playing his DS as he was walking, Cynder was looking over his shoulder.

"No! Go left... it's a left turn!" She cried. Doopliss pushed left on the control pad and the car turned left, just avoiding falling off a cliff.

"Hey... you're pretty good at Mario Kart DS!" He exclaimed. Ember turned to White Mage.

"How is he able to walk and play video games at the SAME TIME?" White Mage chuckled a little.

"That's what we would like to know to!" Ember sarcastically rolls her eyes. Suddenly Luigi runs back toward them.

"Guys... I see something! It's big, shiny, and metaly! It MUST be the fortress!" Ember and Flame nod to each other and they walk up toward the top of the hill. Cynder gasps and pushes down on Luigi's head.

"Get down... they'll see you!"

"Who?"

"The guards!" Cynder pointed to the entrance to the fortress which was guarded by silhouette-like holograms. Zero cursed and then muttered a single word.

"Nightmares." Cynder nodded at him. Flame leaned toward her and whispered.

"I've got an idea." He said. "Since Zero knows what these things are... how about he distracts them while we run into the fortress. Then he can follow us!" Cynder scratches her head.

"Naw, to risky! I've got a great idea..." she turned to the others and spoke, "...since Zero knows about these nightmares, he should distract them and we'll run into the fortress. Then he can follow us once we're in!" The others mutter phrases of agreement.

"Wow," said Flame, a small sweat drop rolling down his head, "that's a great idea. Why didn't I think of that?" Cynder put her paw to her mouth, trying to hold back the laughter.

TO BE CONTINUED

Next time, Chapter 11 (part 2)
---
#32 Posted: 18:46:48 19/08/2007
Haha, stolen idea!
---

#33 Posted: 19:20:23 19/08/2007
another :d the fortress sounds interesting :: this is much later but i thought you made another by now.i was watching pucca lol
---
Last edited at 21:29:14 19/08/2007 by zacoda1
#34 Posted: 21:30:25 19/08/2007
sorry for double post but is zero human or dragon?
---
#35 Posted: 22:00:13 19/08/2007 | Topic Creator
And now... it continues!

The bushes near the fortress rustle. The nightmares look up and Zero leaps out of it, brandishing his saber. He starts a combo of frantic slashes on the nearest nightmare. It disappears instantly. The other nightmares all leave their posts and advance toward Zero. Meanwhile, we see our heroes sneaking into the open doors of the fortress. Zero spies Flame's tail entering then finishes off the last nightmare. He dashes towards the door and stops. He turns and stares at the roof, where a security camera swivels to face him. Zero's extends his right hand, which morphs into a blaster, and fires a single shot, destroying it. He smiles and walks inside.
DARK GEM FORTRESS 0845 HOURS

The group quietly move through the halls, so as not to make any loud noises. Suddenly, Flame's hind leg meets his tail and he trips, knocking into Luigi who falls over, with a thud. "You idiot!" Cynder yelled in a whisper (author's note: I wasn't sure how to make those four words out). Flame blushed slightly and stood up. The group walk into a hall with 8 doors, four on each side. Bowser rolls his eyes.

"What's next... some creature just runs in here and we have one of those freaky door chase scenes...?" The floor shakes slightly. "Oh me and my tongue!" Suddenly, a large mechanical dog jumps out of the first door. It barks, the noise shattering the nearby windows.

"Gah! Now what do we do?" Ember asked, but Doopliss thought first. In a puff of smoke, he transformed into the robot dog. He barks back at it, only his bark is ten times louder. The dog suddenly shrinks to the size of a puppy and whimpers as it runs back through the door. Doopliss transforms back into himself.

"Boy, I've heard of having nothing within... but that's ridiculous!" Suddenly, the sound of drums, followed by a symbol crash echoes through the hall. Doopliss smiles awkwardly. "Er... thank you! Thank you! You're too kind." And with that, the group starts walking forward again, till they reach a door with Gate's logo in the center.

"A giant door at the end of an ominous hallway... I think we're here!" Luigi proclaimed happily. Ember stepped up to the door, but nothing happened.

"That's weird. Shouldn't it have opened." She turned to face the others and the door opens. Shadow folds his arms.

"How clichéd." They walk through the door, into a large arena like room. At the end of it is another set of doors. Flame beamed happily at the empty room.

"It looks like we beat the guard of the gem to the fortress! Lucky us! This'll be easy." Flame started to walk forward. Shadow looked at him angrily.

"Too easy... KID! GET OUTTA THERE!" Flame stared back at him, confused. Suddenly, a black and purple energy ball struck him in the back and he falls to the floor. "Hmph. I tried to tell him." Shadow shrugged and looked around the room for the attacker. They didn't have to wait long for a purple dragon to step out from the other set of doors. Ember and Cynder gasped as Spyro didn't glide, but rather floated right down into the arena. His eyes were blood red, and the tips of his scales were tinted black, giving him a dark outline. The tattoo on his paw was as black as the shadows themselves. He smiled a wide, toothy grin. The heroes were shaken by the shimmering fangs and all took nervous steps back. Cynder gulped.

"S-S-Spy....ro?" She said, the color draining from her face. Spyro laughed.

"I'm deeply impressed! To think that you three ACTUALLY made it to the mortal realms and ACTUALLY made it here." He turned his attention to Zero. "Of course, if not for your little friend here, High Max would have ripped you three to shreds." Spyro laughed and looked at Flame, unconscious on the ground. He snorted, "Pathetic, one shadow ball and his lights go out faster than Zane fleeing a fight with me!" He raised his hand, the tattoo glowing, and shoots out a stream of water at Flame. He screams and in confusion, runs right into the wall. Spyro collapsed onto the floor, choking with laughter. Flame realized what had happened and charged toward Spyro.

"How could you do that... you... you... TRAITOR!" He lunged at Spyro, but Spyro merely smiled and suddenly vanished. He quickly reappeared behind Flame, grabbed him in a choke hold and elbowed him in the ribs. His free hand suddenly glowed red and he slammed it into Flame's chest, unleashing a fireball that sends Flame flying into a wall. Spyro blows on his hand, in a taunting sort of matter. Cynder stared in shock.

"How could you do that? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" She cried out, tears beginning to form in her eyes. He chuckled and turned his attention toward her.

"Poor, poor Cynder. So much has happened to you. HA! I've seen the glorious light of evil! The power! The magic! I could do things you couldn't even DREAM of doing! Things the elders don't even know. I'm capable of far more than EVER BEFORE!" As he was ranting, Flame crept up behind him and suddenly lunged forward. Without even turning his head, Spyro thrusts his left hand back, unleashing a bolt of lightning, shooting Flame back into the same wall. He turns to Flame, his evil grin getting wider. "You know, it's not nice to attack people while their backs are turned." Luigi turned to Ember.

"He... he knocked out Flame without even breaking a sweat! How did he do this?" Ember just stood there, horrified at the sight of her friend.

This is not Spyro. Spyro would never laugh while others suffered! He always knew the right thing to do! How are we going to beat him? She stood there, frozen. Thoughts of fear, anger, revenge and shock floating through her mind. Without thinking, she unleashes a powerful jet of flames. Spyro sidestepped them, only to be caught of guard by a black fireball from Cynder. It hit him square in the chest, causing an explosion. But when the dust cleared, Spyro was still standing there, smirking; a small burn mark on his chest.

"That tickled!" He taunted. "But its my turn now!"

END CHAPTER 11

Next time, Chapter 12- A Shocking Event; Spyro Meets his Match!
---
#36 Posted: 22:01:29 19/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Quote: zacoda1
sorry for double post but is zero human or dragon?

First off... I'm double posting. ^.^

Second off... Zero is neither. He is a reploid; a robot with artificial intelligence.
---
#37 Posted: 23:07:15 19/08/2007
yay make another that one was awesome your the best!!!!!!!
---
#38 Posted: 00:54:37 20/08/2007 | Topic Creator
You're too kind! ^.^

Chapter 12- A Shocking Event; Spyro Meets his Match!

Spyro thrusts his arms forward, and jets of white and blue flames emerge from them. Everyone manages to dodge them smoothly. "BLUE FLAMES!" Ember shouted, startled, "but... only 3 dragons have ever been able to do that in history!" Spyro laughed as he aimed his flames at the two scattered groups. "AND ONE OF THEM WAS SEVERUS!" He managed to hit Ember with the flames, she cried out in agony as he continued to assault her with the fire.

But he is suddenly struck in the side by a slash from Zero and stops his attack. Ember lies there on the ground, a large spot on her side is now smoking. Small ember flying off the black scales. Spyro laughs. "Now that's living up to your name! Ha ha ha ha!" With that, he shot a blast of lightning at Zero, but he expertly dodged it. Zero suddenly dashes behind Spyro. Spyro prepares to attack again, but Zero strikes first. He creates a nightmare-like, black clone of himself in front of Spyro. Zero begins a combo with his saber, the clone mimics, hitting Spyro and knocking him in the air. Zero runs up under him and jumps straight up while releasing a huge electric beam. Spyro howls as the electricity surges through him, plummeting to the ground. But Zero's not done. His saber now transforms into a giant triangle of fire which he slams down into Spyro, who collides with the ground with a thud. Bowser jumps into the air, and Bowser Bombs Spyro, while Doopliss head butts Spyro, knocking him towards Flame, who unleashes a devastating blast of red hot flames from his mouth. Spyro collapses on the ground in a heap.

The heroes all stand there, seemingly satisfied with their work. Their smiles quickly fade, as Spyro stands up. He licks the blood trickling out from his mouth, smiling. The smile quickly turns to rage as Spyro slams the ground with his fists. Three giant shockwaves ripple out across the arena, knocking everyone off their feet and slamming them into the wall. All that is, except Cynder, who dodges the attack and dive bombs Spyro from the air. Spyro staggers back to his feet as Cynder circles around for another strike. "DIE! JUST DIE! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" She screamed.

Spyro merely ignored her and sidestepped the dive, grabbing her leg and slamming her into the ground before unleashing a deadly wave of blue flames from his mouth. She screams as the pain seers through her every limb, controlling her every thought. "You can't defeat me, LITTLE GIRL!" Spyro laughed, "I'm INVINCIBLE!" He screamed. Cynder staggers back toward her friends wiping the blood from her leg.

"Well... now what do we do?" White Mage asked, as Ember's burn died down slightly. "He's too strong for us!" Cynder couldn't hold it back any more. She burst out crying, while Spyro continued to laugh.

"Tsk tsk... a battlefield is no place for such a CHILD!" Spyro remarked. What happened next was so quick, blinking meant missing it. One second, Spyro was standing and laughing, and the next, he was grabbing his back, screeching in agony. He looked around. "What the...." Suddenly, a second purple dragon materialized in front of everyone's shocked eyes. This dragon looked exactly like Spyro, even his eyes glowed blood red like his, but he was much larger. And more muscular. He was wearing some sort of black battle armor, which also covered his body, arms and legs. A sheath was strapped to his right side, clearly holding a sword.

"Hmph... if a battlefield is no place for a child, then what are you doing here?" He growled. Spyro's eyes narrowed in anger.

"How dare you insult me! Who do you think you are? There's no room for TWO purple dragons on this planet!" He laughed. The other dragon snapped his fingers, and a gamma ray launched itself at Spyro, shooting him into the wall.

"You're a foolish, naive, and arrogant little dragon to talk to me like that. You don't deserve that power that was wrongfully bestowed upon you. I am here..." He turned and glared at a horribly shocked Flame and a pale Ember, "seeking revenge. It's because of you three..." he points to Spyro, Flame and Ember, "THAT I LOOK LIKE THIS! FOR THAT, YOU SUFFER THE ULTIMATE CONSEQUENCE!"

Spyro didn't have time to react, or even speak. The dragon disappeared, only to reappears instantly behind him. A ball of energy formed in one of his hands, and he slammed it into Spyro, who careened into the wall at speeds naked to the human eye. The dragon again disappeared and was suddenly behind Flame. He grabbed the startled dragon and slammed him into the ground. He opened his mouth and what came out startled everyone; Earth Breath. But it was shaped to form a mace which he slammed Spyro, Ember and Flame. Cynder stared in awe.

"Earth vine (author's note: TEN spoilers, I know).... but how did he know that move?!" She quickly jumped out of the way, as shadow balls rained out of the sky. Spyro was desperately trying to hit the dragon. The dragon suddenly reappears behind him, and unsheathes his sword. With a powerful motion, he slams the sword into Spyro's back, creating a huge gash strait across it and slams the unconscious dragon against his former friends, before dragging Flame and Ember out of the pile and tossing them back towards a startled Cynder. Shadow looked at the dragon, who met his heartless glare with one of his own.

"You're... that dragon. The one that was prematurely hatched; Epsilon." He said. Epsilon growled angrily at him wiping the blood of his sword.

"That sword..." Cynder began, "Phoenix Diamond... the sharpest substance in the universe." Epsilon put the sword away.

"Correct. Powerful enough to scratch lead, and regular diamonds. Melded by the flames of a Phoenix. Quite rare. So few of them exist." He sighed and hissed at Flame and Ember.

"Why do you hate them so?" Said White Mage, as she tended to the wounds. Epsilon stared at them.

"Because... they ruined my life. When I was just an egg... six years ago. Those two, just learned fire breathing. That was when the male one sneezed and hit Ember and Spyro. In pure anger, Ember retaliated with her own flames, which shattered my egg. The instant it happened, a mysterious force that I would later lean was Vic teleported me to his secret lab. I would die quickly if he didn't do something. So he used his magic to increase my body's size and muscle to that of an 18 year old dragon. But it wasn't enough. My bone structure was still incomplete. So he removed the underdeveloped bones and instead gave me an endo and exoskeleton. The operation sharped my reflexes, my senses, my agility, my strength; made them 10 times that of any creature. He sent me away to the 10th dimension, to train in Dark Magic and swordsmanship, preparing me for this." Epsilon shook his head.

"There is one thing you should know about me. The fact that I look very similar to Spyro is not magic. But rather because I am..." Epsilon took a deep breath in, "his brother." There was a painful silence. Cynder stood there in complete shock.

"T-t-that can't be!" She protested.

"Ah, but it is!" A voice rang out through the arena. Vic appeared next to Cynder, who was practically ready to faint.

"Every word he tells you is true. But, now is not the time to psyche yourself into a mental coma. Gate monitored this fight and teleported Spyro back to his lair. Such carelessness will not let you succeed. Just destroy the dark gem." He bows and disappears. Cynder nods, sobbing slightly. She and Epsilon walk into the next room. A crashing sound can be heard by the others, and they walk out the door again. Bowser pumped his fist in the air.

"All right! 1 down... three to go! TO ANTARCTICA!"

END CHAPTER 12

Next time, Chapter 13- Guy; Man of Mystery
---
Last edited at 20:45:29 26/08/2007 by HIR
#39 Posted: 01:58:17 20/08/2007
make another tommorow i think this is enough for today cya later bud
---
#40 Posted: 02:02:06 20/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Alright... but it won't be till late in the afternoon...

...I volunteered to help out at a pet store in my town. I'll be working from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. I'll still have plenty of time for updates though! ^.^
---
#41 Posted: 20:23:54 20/08/2007
ow steak hurts when you eat it too fast lol
---
#42 Posted: 21:29:10 20/08/2007 | Topic Creator
UPDATE AHOY! ^.^

Chapter 13- Guy; Man of Mystery
N. SANITY ISLAND 2045 HOURS

The group had settled down to camp near the house of Crash Bandicoot, a friend of Spyro, Ember and Flame. Bowser, Flame, Zero and Doopliss were all hunched over Doopliss's DS, entranced in a game of Pokémon Diamond, while Luigi, Shadow, Cynder, Ember and White Mage were sitting in a small circle, talking. Epsilon was lying with Pikachu against a tree, staring at the dusk sky.

"So, you're a Gamesharked Pikachu?" He asked. Pikachu nodded. Epsilon took a deep breath in.

"Yeah... all the Pokémon in the 10th dimension can talk. It's not because of Gamesharks, but because of the high radioactive contents in the air. The same contents warped the very fabric of my mind, so I think more logically than most creatures." Pikachu stared at him.

"You're so cool! I mean, did you see the way you kicked Spyro's butt... you barely looked like you were trying out there!" Pikachu smiled, Epsilon shrugged.

"I guess so, it's pretty natural for me to fight like that by now." Pikachu turned to a small cookie he had in front of him, left over from dinner. He happily bit into the cookie, still remembering how they had cookies. It turns out, Bowser had brought along an Easy Bake oven; which took several long minutes of laughing to get over. They learned the oven was charmed by Scrimegour so it could cook any type of food, no matter how big. He finished the cookie and yawned.

"I'm pretty tired, I'm gonna turn in for the night!" He got up and walked away from Epsilon. He curled up into a ball near the fire and quickly fell asleep. Soon after, Cynder and Ember turned in for the night. Then the rest of the group, except Epsilon, who threw some more wood on the fire. He sighed.

"I wonder what it's like to sleep." He said, catching tiny embers in his paw.
N. SANITY ISLAND 0630 HOURS

Epsilon was standing near the beach, filling up a pail with water, smirking. He thought he'd play a little practical joke on Flame and Ember that morning. Suddenly, he stopped filling the pail. Wait... you can do better than this... you have psychic abilities, remember?. He decided to boil the water to make hot chocolate instead.

He walked back to the beach, to find Cynder awake. "What are you..." He put his finger to his lips, then knelt down next to her and whispered in her ear. She smiled and nodded, then turned and woke the other heroes up. Before any of them could say something, Epsilon and Cynder explained what was going to happen. They all walked toward the beach. Epsilon turned to Flame and Ember. His red eyes suddenly flashed sky blue. A small aura of the same color surrounded them and lifted them into the air. He moved them in the direction of the water until they were a fair distance into it.

His eyes flashed briefly, and the aura disappeared. The two dragons instantly plummeted to the water, making two large splashes. The other heroes laughed, well except Shadow who just rubbed his eyelids and Epsilon who smirked briefly. After a few seconds, screaming could be heard from the water; Ember woke up. A loud 'thud' was heard after them and Flame flew onto the shore, Ember chasing after him. "But... I didn't do anything! I was asleep the whole time!" He begged. Epsilon stuck out his foot and Flame tripped over it, face planting into the sand. Ember landed, her wings and tail hanging down from the extra, liquid weight. She stared all of them in the eye.

"All right... who was it? Who did it?" Epsilon raised his hand, rolling his eyes. Ember growled and charged at him, but Epsilon sidestepped the attack and Ember fell in the water, again. Epsilon shook his head.

"Well... it looks like someone's all washed up." He commented. Meanwhile, Flame dried himself off with one of the group's towels.

"Not funny!" He spat at them. Cynder shook her head.

"Yes it was!" She said, smiling. Shadow spoke up.

"Alright, enough monkeying around. We gotta get across to Cortex's Iceberg Lab. That seems to be where the gem is." He said as he looked at Bob's radar. Everyone nodded in unison, except Ember who was blowing small flames onto her scales to dry off.

TO BE CONTINUED

Next time, Chapter 13 (part 2)
---
#43 Posted: 21:49:36 20/08/2007
make another as soon as possoble and how do you type it so fast :d
---
#44 Posted: 22:19:24 22/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Err... I wasn't here yesterday. I was sick and cooped up in my room. ;~;

And now... it continues!

ICEBERG LAB 0830 HOURS

The boat hits the tip of a large, snowy mountain an everyone climbs off. Several of them are shivering, Cynder seems to be the only one fine with the temperature. "W-w-well of course she's okay!" Flame yelled, "She was trapped in an ice wall for a century and a half!" Cynder rolled her eyes and walked toward the entrance to the lab. However, she got there and noticed a sign on it that read...

ON VACATION IN COSTA RICA. BACK IN TWO WEEKS. N. CORTEX

"What's a Costa Rica anyway?" Pikachu said, walking up to the door. He attempts to pull on the handles. "ARGH! It's no good! The door's frozen shut." Cynder pushed Pikachu back and blew a stream of black flames on the door. She walked up to it and attempted to open it. Again nothing happened. Epsilon rolled his eyes.

"You idiots. That door is coated with Magnesium. I gotta give Cortex credit. Magnesium is usually easy to ignite... but if it is in a large abundance, like this door, it can be near-impossible. Let me handle it." He pushed Cynder back, causing her to fall over. He lurched his arm forward and a tremendous stream of white flames shot out of it. After a few seconds, the door ignited, the fire rapidly burnt the door down, at which point Epsilon pulled his arm back and the flames seemed to retract back into it. Everyone stared in shock at this feat except Shadow who calmly walked in, followed by Epsilon and Doopliss. Bowser stood there scratching his head.

"I don't know which was more amazing; the fire trick, or the things he knew about that Magnawhosas stuff." Cynder fell down, anime-style, at this comment.
1.5 HOURS LATER...

"Where are we going?" Ember asked Zero impatiently. They'd been walking up the same staircase for 15 minutes. Zero had his head buried in a brochure labeled, 'So You Think You Can Navigate Through Cortex's Lab?'.

"Well... the map says we're heading for the library. And Bob's radar says the gem is at the highest point of the tower which is in the same direction as the library." Zero said. "It looks like we're almost there!" Bowser and White Mage, let out huge sighs of relief. Cynder smacked her forehead, as she climbed up a ladder. She emerged in a huge circular room, lined with bookshelves. In front of her was a desk, with a huge leather chair facing the opposite direction. Cortex's trademark logo was stitched in the carpeting.

"This place is huge!" Flame said. "There must be like, every book in existence here!" White Mage finally came up the ladder, panting, and closed the trapdoor. Suddenly, a voice cleared its throat. Everyone turned toward the large chair. It turned around, revealing a tall man seated in it, reading a coverless book. He was wearing a suit with a white lab coat over it, had white hair, and instead of eyes, a large visor that had glowing red lines on the front. Doopliss and Bowser seemed to recognize the person.

"Are you..." Bowser began. But the person began speaking, his voice dark and mysterious.

"No. I'm not from either of your dimensions, believe it or not. I just look like him, because of a mutation accident." Cynder looked at the man, who turned the page in his book.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Why does it matter? You can just call me... Guy." He smirked and turned another page. Her eyes narrowed, she was clearly loosing her patience.

"Well... why are you here?" She mumbled. Guy just turned another page in his book.

"That does not matter either. Rather, it is I who should ask you that question." He responded, casually. Cynder appeared shaken by his response.

"How dare you!" She retaliated. "You're just some man in a mask!" She hissed. Guy frowned.

"Aren't we all wearing masks. Like you, you're hiding your affections for someone, so that a certain other dragon doesn't hate you." Cynder stepped back, startled. Ember began to glare at Cynder. Guy chuckled, and Ember turned her attention back to him. He put his book down. "My... aren't we all little impatient fools. Tell you what, how about two of you face me in a fight. Win, and I'll let you pass. Lose, and you'll have to find another way to your precious dark gem." He smiled and stepped away from the desk and pushed a button. Instantly, several beakers and test tubes emerged. A blue forcefield appeared around Guy. Flame leaned toward Ember.

"Psst, Ember! Don't you recognize what he's doing? Remember when Aku Aku told us about when he and Crash fought N. Brio on their first adventure. I think he's going to mimic his battle style!" Ember nodded, then turned to Doopliss and whispered. Doopliss nodded, and transformed into Crash. He and Flame took a couple of steps in front of everyone else. Guy smiled.

"I see you've chosen... good! We can begin." He bowed to them and hurried back to his desk. He picked up two green test tubes and began mixing. "I hope you all remember science class... that way, you can get these chemicals off!" He smiled and threw one of the beakers. It exploded near Flame, knocking him off his feet. A green blob appeared where the beaker broke and began chasing after Doopliss, who ran away from it.

"HELP! I'm being chased by a blob! Somebody stop this thing... oh wait... I remember now!" He waited for the blob to get in close, then spun around, knocking the blob back at Guy. It penetrated the forcefield and gave him a violent shock. He swore loudly. He picked up a purple beaker and threw it. Flame, caught off guard, was hit by the potion, which exploded, making a large black burn mark and knocking him into a wall. Guy threw out another green potion, and a blob began hopping toward Flame. He swung his tail like a golf club, hitting the blob into Guy.

"Gah! You're smarter than I anticipated!" Guy threw out two blue potions. They exploded, and rings of blue fire began chasing after Flame and Doopliss. Flame simply flew over them, then used Ice Breath to extinguish them. Guy used this to his advantage, and threw another purple potion at Flame, and a green one at Doopliss. They were both hit, and the blob began chasing after Flame. Flame smacked it back at Guy, who swore again. Guy threw a purple potion at Flame, who stared upward to dodge it. Guy grinned and threw a green potion right into his gut. The blob began jumping on the unconscious Flame. Doopliss snuck up behind it and spun it into Guy.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! How did you beat me? You must be friends with that Bandicoot the little scientist was always complaining about!" He straighted himself up and smiled. "Impressive. You may pass." A trapdoor opened above and a staircase fell down. Ember sighed and reared her head back, preparing to use water breath. Flame bolted upright, sensing the water, and sped up the staircase.

"GAH! I hate WATER!" The others exchanged quick laughs and ran up after him.

END CHAPTER 13

Next time, Chapter 14- That Staff is WHOSE?
---
#45 Posted: 01:39:08 23/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Er uh... DOUBLE POST!

Chapter 14- That Staff is WHOSE?

OBSERVATION TOWER, ICEBERG LAB 0915 HOURS

As they arrived at the highest point of the tower-like lab, the arrived in a circular room. There were no walls; just windows, so that they could see for miles in every direction. Cynder squinted, and was just able to make out the beach of N. Sanity island. Epsilon was staring at the miles of snowy ground in front of them. Then he turned around. "Dark gem..." He muttered. The others turned around and sure enough, there it was, three pink, crystal shaped gems sticking out of the ground; a black aura swirling around them. White Mage smiled.

"Piece of cake!" She said. She walked forward, but Zero stuck his saber in front of her. Luigi looked around the room, nervously.

"It's too easy! Things are NEVER this easy." He said. Shadow nodded and cautiously took a step toward the gem. A fireball exploded right next to him. He stepped back, and shook his head at White Mage. Surely enough, Scrimegour emerged from an elevator shaking his head. His eyes first met Cynder's, giving her a mocking smirk. Bowser laughed.

"Hah! All of us, against one of you! That's pathetic!" Scrimegour shook his head.

"And that's where you're wrong, stupid turtle." The elevator made a small 'ding' noise and the doors slid open. Ember, Cynder and Flame gasped at the six dragons that stood before them. "I'm sure you nine know each other." He smiled as he pushed a lock of his hair back. Zane laughed.

"Oh... this is ALL TOO PERFECT!" To think we'd catch up with you guys this quickly! Now we can kick your butts, AND get that lovely reward we've been promised!" Cynder launched a warning fireball at Zane, who quickly dodged. Alicia stepped in front of him and hissed.

"Don't you think about touching him!" She snarled. Suddenly, Alicia screamed and grabbed her shoulder. She removed her hand and looked at the wet blood on her hand, Epsilon stood in front of her, his sword unsheathed.

"I don't think you'll be doing much of anything to them." He said. He shot his arm forward, and six shadow balls emerged from them, slamming into their targets and knocking them off their feet. Thorn quickly stood up, and launched at Epsilon, knocking him over. Epsilon quickly kicked Thorn off with his two legs and roared. All the windows suddenly shattered. But it was what followed next that startled everyone. There was a loud, sickening scream coming from the corner of the room. Scrimegour lay on the ground, a large cut in his arm; and standing about him, was Guy.

"YOU!" All the heroes shouted at once. Guy shook his head, the eerie red glow from his visor showing on Pikachu's startled face.

"Muahahaha. You didn't think I wasn't in this place because I just wandered in here. This staff is a lovely gift to have... and I will take pleasure in burying you all with it!" He slammed it on the ground. A shockwave rippled out, knocking everyone over. Frieze got up and grunted in pain.

"Who the heck is this loser?" He grabbed Flame by the neck, choking him.

"*gack* That's Guy! *cough* We met him here!" Frieze opened his mouth, unleashing a stream of ice breath. Flame was frozen solid by the attack. Frieze dropped him on the ground and turned to a charging Ember and drop kicked her, knocking the wind out of her. Zane meanwhile was exchanging tail swipes with Cynder. Guy suddenly slammed the staff on the ground again.

"I HATE being ignored! You little weasels won't be escaping me this time!" The room suddenly changed, and they were all standing on a small, crescent-moon platform, Guy was facing them on another. He laughed. "You fools don't realize what this staff can do... can you? Do you even know how Scrimegour got it? He STOLE it! And from who... you ask? Why from none other than everyone's favorite purple dragon... SPYRO!" Everyone jumped back, shaken by this statement. Guy shook his head.

"This staff, was hand crafted by Tray and a select group of dragons and Phoenixes. All because they knew of the prophecy. On the night of 'The Massacre', Scrimegour stole the staff and used it to perform unspeakable horrors on innocent dragons." Guy laughed again. "And now the staff is in my hands, which spells your DOOM!" He slams the staff on the ground, creating a shockwave. The crescent platform begins to disintegrate and several small cybertronic squares appear. All heroes jump onto the squares, the dragons just fly. Flame groans.

"NO! Now he's battling like N. Tropy! Doesn't this guy have any originality?" Shadow creases his face in anger and shakes his head.

"Obviously not. He's altered his entire identity!" Zane suddenly slammed Flame in the head.

"You retards! This is all your faults! I'm gonna kicks your butts so hard... your children will be feeling it!" Zane and his friends line up, facing the four good dragons, who do the same. Guy throws his head back and laughs.

"So we're going three-way, huh? Muahahahaha! This should be FUN!"

END CHAPTER 14

Next time, Chapter 15- Guy's Secret Power
---
#46 Posted: 11:11:34 23/08/2007
ok i wont make you double post again smilie that one was interesting i feel like spyro will pay a visit..........
---
#47 Posted: 21:08:39 23/08/2007
sorry for double post but i wanted to know bwhen your makin another i was watchin tv but i got bored....uh oh
---
#48 Posted: 22:25:32 23/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Chapter 15- Guy's Secret Power

Everyone in the arena is still. Every side is waiting for the other to strike first. Epsilon glances around the arena. "Forget it." He whispered. He then disappeared, only to reappear behind Alicia and elbow her in the back. She gasps and swings around, but Epsilon ducks and thrusts both his hands forward. A stream of black and purple energy flies out of it, knocking her toward Cynder, who suddenly rushes at her, horns first. She picks up so much speed, she catches on fire and bursts through Alicia, knocking her down toward Bowser. Bowser gets in his shell and starts spinning around rapidly. She rebounds off his shell, gripping her back in agony, trying to wipe off the blood. Cynder floats there, startled.

"Comet dash... but only Spyro knew that move.... how?" Suddenly, she is struck by a flaming cog-like shape. Guy laughs and turns the staff sideways. A stream of electricity flies out from it, after the heroes. Zero double jumps over it and then midair dashes toward Guy. Zero then stabs down with a huge metal saber, which explodes on contact with Guy. He shoots a fireball at Zero, knocking him at Zane, who's swooping to slam him with his tail. Suddenly Zero creates three robot dragonflies which start hovering around him. Zane slams into them, and is shot back by a massive surge of energy.

"GAH! I'm sick of this!" Zane screams. Flame flies at him and slashes him with his claws, drawing some blood. Zane retaliates by stabbing Flame in the back. Flame roars and is then kneed in the stomach. Meanwhile, Alix is rapidly shooting electric arcs from her mouth. One manages to hit the circling Ember and traps her in a cage of electric energy. Ember screams as Guy simultaneously strikes her with another line of electricity. Bowser suddenly leaps up in the air and Bowser Bombs Guy, who is slammed into the ground. White Mage lands on the platform and begins spinning her mallet around rapidly, turning her into a human top. She spins into Guy, dealing some powerful whacks to the stomach. The combo is instantly broken by Eliza who wrestles Cynder to the ground. Cynder suddenly unleashes a stream of black flames, knocking the screaming Eliza into Shadow who thrusts both his arms to his sides.

"Chaos.... BLAST!" He screamed. A huge explosion appears near him. Eliza flies back onto the crescent platform Guy was on, her entire left side charred and bruised from the explosion. Shadow suddenly reappears next to her and deals a powerful uppercut, as Cynder comet dashes into her, knocking her into a Thunderbolt from Pikachu. Pikachu suddenly charges toward Zane.

"Ha... you think a ram attack will work?" Suddenly, a barrier of raw electricity envelopes Pikachu who volt tackles Zane, burning his entire chest and knocking him into Doopliss. Doopliss head butts him and pulls out his broken umbrella. He waves it around, and it suddenly begins glowing white. He opens the umbrella, releasing a huge stream of energy which envelops Zane and the nearby Flame. They both are knocked into each other. Ember suddenly is knocked into the energy beam by Frieze and Thorn. Thorn is suddenly violently electrocuted by Luigi, who was using his Thunderhand power. Luigi then crouches down and super jumps into the air. He lands on Frieze, who is slammed into the ground. Epsilon suddenly slashes thin air with his hand. A giant purple energy crescent emerges and flies into Frieze. Thorn dodges it and slashes Epsilon in the face.

Epsilon got angry. A dangerous black aura emanated around him. Epsilon rose into the air. His body suddenly exploded as black energy beams flew out everywhere, hitting all enemies, except Guy who put up a barrier. The six dragons collapsed on the crescent platform, unconscious. Suddenly, Guy slammed his staff again and three electric waves shot out. They hit all except Luigi and Cynder, and everyone instantly fell unconscious. Cynder gripped her chest, which now had a huge vertical cut that was slowly bleeding. Half her face was covered in the shiny red substance, four large claw marks clearly visible inches away from her eye. Luigi seemed in one piece, as did Guy, except for a small scratch on his neck.

"Well, now that we've taken care of those pesky weaklings... whats say we turn up the intensity!" Guy pulled out a beaker with a clear, bubbling substance in it. He drinks it and throws the beaker away. A blinding white light envelopes Guy. When the light vanishes, he suddenly has giant metal gauntlets on his hands and legs. They are connected to his visor via several wires which rap around his arms and legs. He now also has a metal chest and back plate which also plug into the visor. Luigi and Cynder gasp at the spectacular change. "Witness my SECRET POWER!" Guy raises one of his hands, and blue electrical energy begins to form a sphere in his hand. He shoots it forward and its size rapidly increases. Luigi super jumps over the ball and Cynder tries to dodge it, but her tail is hit and she yelps as smoke begins rising from the burnt tail. Guy begins forming another energy sphere. Luigi's hand forms its own sphere as well. The two release there energies, which collide in midair. A large explosion and blinding white light occur. Both sides glare as they cover there faces from the attack.

Cynder suddenly rushes toward Guy and slams him with her hind legs. She follows up by shooting three black fireballs at him. The first hits, causing a small explosion, but Guy then puts one of his hands forward. A wall of electricity emerges from it and deflects the attack. Luigi, who sneaked up behind Guy, suddenly launches himself, head first, at Guy. His Luigi Missile move hits its mark, and Guy somersaults to keep his balance. He slams the staff on the ground, creating a much larger than normal shockwave. Both heroes are hit by the attack. Luigi is knocked into the air, toward a wall. He uses the momentum to push him off the wall, and flies back at Guy. With the extra speed, his Luigi Missile sends Guy into the air, where Cynder slams her wings into him. The spikes on the end of the wings, which succeed in cutting Guy's shoulders. The two heroes then rush at Guy, and slam into him with intense speed, he collapses on the ground, as he and the room return to normal.

"DRAT! I was so close! So close!" As he finished speaking, his body split into two holographic parts, as he teleported away. White Mage got up and began tending to the four dragons' wounds. Luigi walks up to the dark gem and hammers it, causing it to break.

"Yay! Go-igi! Go-igi!" He began chanting as he did a little victory dance. Cynder smiled and chuckled.

"We only have two more to get... for now anyway." She stared at the collapsed Zane and his friends. "Hmph... they don't deserve to be healed or anything, White Mage." She sneered. The shot cuts to the roof of the lab. Guy is standing there, holding Scrimegour's limp body. He sighs and shakes his heads.

"Those fools. They will die. An assassin never fails in killing his targets. He tosses Scrimegour's body, which falls into the ocean. He laughs and teleports away.

Next time, Chapter 16- Cynder's Dream
---
#49 Posted: 22:33:29 23/08/2007
dream eh? sounds interesting!
---
#50 Posted: 00:46:37 24/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Edit2: Forget it... stupid post limit. <.<
---
Last edited at 01:47:40 09/10/2007 by HIR
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me