Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Spyro: The Second Beginning *spoilers from DotD*
Page 1 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Spyro: The Second Beginning *spoilers from DotD* [CLOSED]
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#1 Posted: 13:54:56 09/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Ahh.. Finally.. A moment I have long been waiting for. Its time for my first fanfic. "The Second Beginning" is going to be quite long and I hope you'll like it.

And, as it is my first fanfic please be constructive with your criticism. Im trying to make this a good fanfic, and something is bound to go wrong anyway.

I'll begin typing in a moment. First I'll just make sure I've got everything here on the paper.
#2 Posted: 14:41:23 09/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Ok now.. I got it all here.

So here goes. Enjoy!

Chapter 1.

Spyro was walking in the woods, constantly peeking on both of his sides. "Cynder! Where are you?!" he shouted. "Its not fair Cynder! You have been hiding for an hour!" Spyro stopped and took a look deeper into the woods, searching for any sign of movement. "The game is over Cynder! You can come out now!" he shouted one more time.

Spyro was already about to leave when he heard a sharp snap behind him. "Gotcha!" said a female voice, and a scaly paw touched spyros back. "Whoa!" Spyro shouted and quickly turned around only to see Cynder behind him, trying hard not to laugh. They looked at each other for a moment when Cynder finally opened her mouth :"Sorry Spyro. Did I scare you?" Spyro felt ashamed "well, yeah.. a bit.." he said. "Sorry." Cynder replied, "I just couldn't resist the urge to do a little prank.."
"It's okay.. By the way, Where were you hiding all this time?" Spyro asked. "Thee hee.. I was right behind you. Didnt you notice me?" Cynder said and smiled at him. "What? But ho..", before Spyro could finish, Cynder put her paw on his mouth. She rolled her eyes and said :"Oh you males.. I was using my shadow cloak you silly. Unlike some people, I still have my powers remember?" Spyro looked down to the ground and said :"Oh, yeah right.. Sorry.."

Cynder felt extremely uncomfortable for saying such a thing to spyro. She knew why he was sad. It was all because of the event that had occurred one hundred and seventeen days ago. When stopping Malefor from finishing his task, Spyro used all of his energy and got drained of his powers. It was not like he had lost them forever, but he couldn't use his powers if not constantly under mana crystal radiation. Spyro had been saddened by the fact for a long time now, and he felt weaker and weaker by the day. Spyro had to be sealed to a chamber filled with mana crystals after every sunrise to keep him going. This was the reason why he was sad, and Cynder understood that perfectly.

"Im sorry Spyro. I didn't mean to say that." Cynder said. "Im sure you didn't mean to, but still you just had to say it!?" Spyro replied angrily. "Spyro Im sorry.." Cynder said quietly and pushed her head down. "I cant help being this weak Cynder!" Spyro yelled ,"I had no choise but to stay there and become.. Like this!", "I didn't blame you for anything! You have no need to yell at me!" Cynder yelled back at Spyro.
"Im.. Im sorry Cynder." Spyro said "Let's just get back to others okay? They must be waiting us by now", "Yeah.. lets go." Cynder agreed.

More to come tomorrow!
deaver88 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#3 Posted: 14:58:41 09/03/2009
I dont have anything to say............It is GREAT.
MORE PLEASE???!!!!
---
Life is too short to be taken seriously
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5318
#4 Posted: 15:14:19 09/03/2009
Cool story smilie
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#5 Posted: 19:05:41 09/03/2009
Good, but here's a tip most people forget:

RIGHT:

"Hey" Said Cynder
"Hi" Said Spyro
Spyro alked over the Cynder.

WRONG:
"Hey" Said Cynder. "Hi" Said Spyro. Spyro walked over to Cynder.

:)
#6 Posted: 14:51:03 10/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Thanks Tango! I'll keep it in mind. Here's more.

Chapter 2.

Spyro and Cynder glided trough the air, almost touching the clouds. Giant air currents swept them forwards, from each flying giand earth platform to the other. They journyed couple of hours until they were both tired dow and decided to rest.

"Phew! I thought that wind current would never stop. I can't feel my wings at all!" Cynder said.
"You're not the only one", Syro replied, "I'm exhausted. I always thought it would be fun to fly to a giant wind current. Now I know better.."

They were about twenty minutes flight away from Warfang, but it had been so long since they had last slept outside the city by themselves.
"The sunset is so beautiful.." Cynder said quietly. They laid next to each other, watching the sun slowly falling.
"Are you hungry?" Spyro asked Cynder.
"Yeah, Im starving." She replied. "I'll go get us somethind to eat. You just stay here."Spyro flew off and left Cynder alone.
She started thinking about everything that had happened between them. All the good things as well as all the downfalls. After all they had been trough together, did Spyro even love her? Cynder had already told him about her feelings. Spyro couldn't have forgotten it all, and yet Cynder didn't have a single clue did Spyro feel the same towards her. It was all like she was just a very good friend.
"Thats all?" Cynder thought, and closed her eyes.

After few minutes, Spyro came back with few dead birds hanging from his mouth.
"Here, have some." he said.
"Thanks.." Cynder replies quietly.
Spyro noticed she wasn't alright and said.
"Cynder you had no idea how long it took me to hunt these birds down. Whats wrong? Why are you not eating?"
"Spyro.. Do you remember much from the day you saved the world?" Cynder said, "Do you remember hearing anything?"
Spyro was surprised to hear Cynder asking something like that.
"No.. Not really. Well, you did say "Im with you" and then all went blur. What is it? Did you say something?"
Cynder thought for a second what to say, when she decided it was not the good time nor the place to tell him the truth.
"No.. Nothing." she said, and started to eat.
Spyro looked down at her. He knew something was wrong, but how could he know what it was..

After they both had eaten. Spyro and Cynder lied next to each other and looked at the last fading rays of sunlight in the horizon. After that, they both fell asleep.

Better now? Anyway, more coming tomorrow!
#7 Posted: 18:21:09 10/03/2009
Aawwwwww. Sweet but sad smilie
Cant wait tomorrow!!!
---
#8 Posted: 14:25:18 11/03/2009 | Topic Creator
'Ere you go! Enjoy!

Chapter 3.

Spyros internal clock started ticking and he woke up. It was still dark, but soon it was time for his daily "mana bath" He woke Cynder up and the two quickly left towards Warfang.

From since the Dragon Temple was destroyed. The remaining elder dragons had kept place in the great halls of Warfang. It was their safehouse as well as their headquarters.

When Spyro and Cynder arrived, they immediately met Sparx who had obiously been looking for them.
"Hey, There you are!" Sparx shouted, "Did you spend the night outside the city all by yourselves? I wonder what happened.. It was just the two of you right.."
"Shut up Sparx! Nothing happened!" Cynder quickly responded to Sparx.
"Now now young lady, thats a bit rude dont you think?" Sparx said
"Sparx nothing happened." Said Spyro.
"Okay okay fine, I understand if you want to keep it as a secret.."
Cynder made a final angry look at Sparx before leaving, she quickly disappered inside the great hall.
"Sparx where is Cyril? I was supposed to meet him when I get back." Spyro asked.
"Oh, hes right over there, inside the hall. He's been waiting for you."
Spyro stepped inside the hall, it was colossal. There was plenty of room inside, even for flying. In a word, it was made for dragons.

When Cyril saw Spyro he immediately flew to him.
"Spyro, get over here! You are already late from your routine. You wouln't want your "condition" to take a turn to the worse would you?" He said.
"Im sorry Cyril.. Hows Volteer?" Spyro said.
"There will be time for that young dragon. Come on, we have already hauled new mana crystals to the chamber." Cyril replied.
Spyro said nothing. He knew it was not wise to start arguing with Cyril when he was mad. Cyril took him to the chamber with the Crystals.
"Go on now Spyro. We all want you to have your powers back, so what I porpose that you do is that you meditate. It just might help." Cyril said
"Okay, I'll knock on the door when I'm ready."Spyro replied.
Spyro walked inside the chamber and the door closed shut behind him. "Meditation, hmph.. It doesn't work anyway", Spyro thought.

As he laid at the chamber he slowly felt his powers coming back at him. He couldn't resist the urge to try them out. Spyro concentrated to breath fire, soon a small gout of flame entrupted from his mouth. Spyro began to cry for joy as he covered a crystal with ice, zapped another one with lightning and shook the very foundations of the great hall as he thundered trough the chamber as a rock boulder.
He had been severed from his powers for so long, and felt great joy now that he was finally able to use them. In a way, Spyro was home..

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot! More coming tomorrow!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:10:05 11/03/2009 by Samius
#9 Posted: 14:56:17 11/03/2009
Great smilie
---
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5318
#10 Posted: 15:00:48 11/03/2009
Cool smilie
#11 Posted: 17:03:23 11/03/2009
Brill.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#12 Posted: 22:57:01 11/03/2009
this is amazing
#13 Posted: 18:25:21 12/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Thanks for comments everyone! Here's some more!

Chapter 4.

In the meantime, Cynder was up in her chamber, thinking about spyro. She was so concentrated, she didn't even feel the building shaking beneath her feet. Cynder thought about what Spyro had said last night, in the forest, that he hadn't even heard Cynder whispering those three small, but yet so greatly significant words.
"I love you.. I love you.. " she said by herself.
"how hard can it be just to tell him.. " Cynder looked out from the window.
"He didn't even hear me.. All this time he has not known i love him?.. I wonder if he has even thought about it?.. I cant go and just tell him. He wouldn't take me seriously.."

Spyro was exhausted fromm all the energy he had spent to use his powers. He laid in the chamber for a while, and then knocked on the door. When the door opened, the first thing he saw was Cyril, gazing at him angrily.
"What were you doing in that chamber young dragon!" He asked Spyro, his eyes literally glowing from anger.
"meditating" Spyro answered ,"As you told me to." Spyro answered quickly, deep inside, he knew Cyril knew what he had done.

Spyro jopined Cynder, when on his way to see Volteer. He had been very sick lately, and while other elder dragons utterly believed that his condition was not severe, Volteer himself knew they were wrong..

When Spyro and Cynder stepped into Volteer's Chamber, they immediately saw that his sickness was only getting worse. Hes skin was pale and his eyes looked like all the life had vanished from them.

"Spyro, Cynder! Good to see you, *Cough* I have something I wish to discuss with you." Volteer said, he coughed loudly couple of times.
"Its good to see you too Volteer", Spyro said "How are you doing?"
"Oh this damned sickness is just slowly killing me, apart from that, Im fine." Volteer said.
"Dont say that!" Cynder Shouted, "You'll get trough it, I know you will.. "
"Keeping quiet about the fact that im dying wont make it any better young lady. Oh, yes and about the fact I wanted to discuss, I have been thinking about it, and I think I know why you have lost your powers Spyro." Volteer said.
" You do?! Please, tell me." Spyro said.
"Well, as you know, when you two stopped Malefor and Saved the planet, it was not restored to its former glory. Instead, broken pieces of huge earth platforms lie shattered in the air even now. So, have you even thought about what force keeps those platforms from floating away?" Volteer asked, and coughed again.
"I dont know, I guess its the gravitation.." Spyro said.
"Ah, yes. You see I first thought it was the gravitation too, but now I must ask you Spyro, the gravitation of what to be precise? After all, the planet is gone, and only thing left is its broken shell." Volteer explained.
"Wait a minute.. ", Cynder said, "Are trying to say that the planet is kept in its current status by Spyro's powers?" Cynder asked.
"Bravo young lady! You figured it out!" Volteer said, and coughed again.
"So.. will I ever get my powers back if the planet stays like this? I mean, those platforms are not just going to slide back to the way they were, are they?" Spyro said.
"Now that Spyro, is just the question. Considering the fact that planet keeps stealing your powers, I believe that it needs mana to regain its former self. And only way for the planet to gain mana is trough the link to your body." Volteer explained.
"If thats the reason, why didnt the planet just spend all my powers and repair itself?" Spyro asked.
"I dont know", Volteer said, " I believe that you are just not simply strong enough."
"I see.." Spyro said quietly, and pushed his head down.
"Now now Spyro. You shouldn't blame yourself. We'll figure a way to fix this sooner or later." Volteer said.
"Okay, well, see you later." Spyro said.
"Oh, You should go see Terrador Spyro. Hes been waiting to see you. You can find him at the town gates." Volteer said.
"See you Volteer!" Spyro and Cynder shouted, and left.

There! You'll have to wait wor a while for the next chapter, my flow of inspiration has slowed down a bit. More will come tough.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:36:22 14/04/2009 by Samius
#14 Posted: 18:28:40 12/03/2009
Good, very good.
#15 Posted: 18:33:21 12/03/2009
Amazing
---
#16 Posted: 23:59:12 12/03/2009
wow this is getting good and sad.
#17 Posted: 13:07:20 13/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Thanks for all the positive comments (and expecially you, for your advice Tango)! I really appreciate it. When I started to write I really thought people would just ignore this topic. But luckily, none of that happened.

Btw im sorry if that last chapter makes no sense at all. It was already late when I wrote it, and I was tired at the moment.
#18 Posted: 14:13:49 13/03/2009
Nah, that¨was good
---
#19 Posted: 17:04:37 13/03/2009
It was very good, I think your one of my favourite writers, I could tell you would be when I read the first chapter.
dragonlover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1122
#20 Posted: 01:05:04 14/03/2009
its Brilliant!!!
---
Supernatural is the key to the world of hot guys......
#21 Posted: 12:43:29 14/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Thanks you all, you're too kind. Next chapters are coming along nicely (well, not in a form of text anyway, I got it all in here *taps head*).

In a few days (two-three), I'll post the next one. I know it feels like an eternity, but I'd hate to post the next chapter if I haven't still thought about how it continues, see.

I'll keep you briefed about when I'll post it..
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:26:03 14/03/2009 by Samius
#22 Posted: 14:29:05 14/03/2009
No doupt! You are goodiesmilie
---
#23 Posted: 20:14:01 14/03/2009
wright more
#24 Posted: 12:42:34 17/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Right, I have written some of the story on paper, and I think it would be good time to start writing more here tomorrow.

Sorry you had to wait for it for so long, but now I know exactly how thw story will continue.

And thanks to you all for being so patient. I hope you can wait for tomorrow! smilie
#25 Posted: 13:14:09 17/03/2009
NP:smilie
---
#26 Posted: 14:08:59 18/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Ok, finally.. The story continues. Enjoy!

Chapter 5.

Spyro and Cynder stepped out of the great hall and gazed upon the city. It was enormous, the city was more lika a labyrinth, as it had no main street. Thousands of alleys and buildings streched across the lands around the central plaza and the great hall.

Even if it lenghtend the trip for couple of hours, Spyro and Cynder decided to go to see terrador by foot, as there was always something new to see in the streets of Warfang. They tried to slip trough the crowd unseen, but alas.. they failed miserably as everyone seemed to have wanted to see the two famous dragons. They finally gave up, and took the fastest way to Terrador, trough air.

When they arriwed, Terrador, who had been given the responsibility of commanding the city's defences, only greeted them with a low growl. At he moment, he was busy giving out orders to his troops. Even though Malefor's great army was no longer a threat, the few remaining orc warbands still were. After Terrador was done, he came over to Spyro and Cynder with a serious look on his face.
"Ah Spyro, it's good to see you again at last. I'm afraif that I have got some bad news that I think you should know about. Follow me, I'll show you.", Terrador said.

Terrador took Spyro and Cynder to his command hall, where he normally discussed about the city's defences with his generals. In the middle of the room there was a large, round table with all sorts of maps and pergament sheets on it. In the corner, Spyro saw an unmoving and utterly familiar form of a hawk.
"Hey Cynder. Isn't that Hunters hawk?" He asked.
"Oh yeah, It is. Whats it doing here?" Cynder said.
"Your friend has a part in this story. Now if you would just care to listen We could get started." Terrador said.
"Oh, sorry", Spyro said, "Please begin."
"Now where would I start.. Couple of days ago I received a message that your friend Hunter, had discovered a new, larger band of orcs at the shattered mountain pass.", Terrador said.
"Is that all?", Spyro asked, "What has it to do with me?"
"That's not all.", Terrador explained. "He also reported of seeing a large, dark, dragon-like figure. Now I must ask you Spyro, do you know anything of this? Do you have any idea what it might mean?" Terrador asked.
Spyro felt his heart owercoming with a terifying idea.
"Only dark dragon I could think of is Malefor.. But theres no way it could have been him, right?.." He asked.
"I dont know..", Terrador said, "I just wanted to warn you Spyro. Whatever this creature was I won't let you to have any chance of confronting it. So, I must tell you not to leave the city for awhile. Not until the situation gets better. We all know your powers are not what they once were.", Terrador said.
Spyro and Cynder looked at each other. In their thoughts, the situation was looking grim..

There! By now you know the thrill, more coming tomorrow!
#27 Posted: 16:23:33 18/03/2009
ABSOLUTELY GREATsmilie
---
#28 Posted: 00:12:49 19/03/2009
oh great story.
#29 Posted: 20:02:42 19/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Right, Thanks for comments! Heres more!

Chapter 6.

Spyro was on his way back to the great hall. He was down, his hopes had been crushed. One hundred and eighteen days ago when he saved the world and banished Malefor. He had thouhgt that everything would end up fine, that the shattered pieces of his life would stich back..
They didn't. First he started losing his powers, then Volteer got sick, his condition was onlt getting worse, and now he couldn't even leave the boredom of the great hall..
He needed to think about things. Slow down, take a deep breath, and think..
He could't. He had to do something. Get away, and deal with things.
Spyro was confused, abut everything. Eventually he got tired, and walked all the way back to his Chamber and fell asleep.

In the meantime, Cynder too, was confused. Terrador's news had been particulary terrifying for her, as she still remembered, what someone had said to her long time ago. "The dark master will find you.", She had been told, "You can run, but you cannot hide." She praid with all her heart that the dark dragon Hunter had seen, was not who she thaught him to be.

Another day passed.. Again Spyro was taking his daily "mana bath". But today, he wasn't happy and energetic. He had decded what he should do. When he finally got ouut from the chamber, he immediately told Cynder to come too see him..

Cynder stepped inside Spyro's quarters.
"What is it Spyro? You have not been yourself for a while. Is this about the dragon that Hunter had seen? I know you're worried.."
"Yeah. It is, kind of..", Syro said, "I have been thinking about things. and I have desided what to do. I need to get out of here Cynder", Spyro said.
"What? But why?", Cynder asked.
"I don't know really. I just have a bad feeling about this. It makes me want to get out and do something. I can't just wait and sit here..", Spyro said.
"Ok, then Im with you..", Cynder said.
"Huh?.. Are you not going to tell me to stay? That its too dangerous for me out there", Spyro asked.
"As I said, I'm with you..", Cynder replied quietly.
"Okay.. I have formed a plan.. We need to get a message to Hunter. We are going to need his help if we are going to find that black dragon.", Spyro explained.
"Okay, but how?" Cynder asked.
"That hawk.. It must still be inside Terrador's office. I need you to get to it, and send a message to Hunter. Tell him to get ready and wait for us", Spyro explained.
"How am I supposed to get there? Tha whole place is swarming with guards, and I'm not allowed inside." Cynder asked.
"By my reconing, you still had your powers, remember? Use them." Spyro said, and smiled at Cynder.
"Okay.. How we will get out of the city?" Cynder said, and smiled back to Spyro.
"We'll fly. It doesn't matter if they see us if they can't stop us", Spyro explained.
"Wont they come after us to get us back then?" Cynder asked.
"No.. Terrador can't spare the manpower. He's as worried about that dark dragont than we are", Spyro explained, "well start the plan tomorrw. Come to meet me at midnight, ok?"
Cynder agreed, and left. "Spyro what have you gotten yourself into now?" She thought. And flew off..

The end.. NOT! Just kidding, more coming tomorrow!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:00:26 20/03/2009 by Samius
#30 Posted: 20:12:53 19/03/2009
Exiting
---
#31 Posted: 22:36:10 19/03/2009
wonder how it'll turn out cant wait.
ashleigh Ripto Gems: 3782
#32 Posted: 08:58:29 20/03/2009
I love it keep rightting plz
#33 Posted: 18:34:22 20/03/2009
Good. Going well. Going better than well.
#34 Posted: 19:26:02 20/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Here's more! Enjoy!

Chapter 7.

Spyro was dreaming. In his dream, he was standing on a steep cliff. Next to him was Ignitus, or at least Spyro thought him to be him. Hes appearance had changed in a dramatic way. His scales were same colour as pure silver, and his eyes looked amazingly blue. The figure was nothing that Spyro remembered Ignitus to be like, but still, he felt it strangely familiar.
Ignitus was talking about something, but Spyro couldn't hear him. Spyro asked him to speak out louder, but each time he did so, his voice was covered by the sounds of the great ocean below them. Spyro got angry, and everything turned to red in hes eyes. Then he slipped and fell down from the cliff, away from Ignitus, away from everything.. Only thing he could hear were the roar of waves as they clashed to the cliff, banging his head, like drums in endless cycle of madness and darkness.

Suddenly, he woke up..

Someone was knocking on the door. Spyros heart was beating wildly, for a moment, he thought he would lose his mind. Spyro slumbered to the door, only to find out that it had been Sparx who had woken him up from his terrible dream.

"Good morning sleepy! How are'ya man? Err.. you dont look so good..", Sparx said.
"I just saw a terrible nightmare..", Spyro mumbled.
"Aww.. Did little Spyro see a Nightmare? Why don't you go spend your nights with Cynder? Then you wouldn't have to worry about nightmares, as you woudn't propably get to sleep very much, He he.." Sparx said.
"Shut it Sparx! Im not in the mood..", Spyro said.
"Okay, fine.. By the way, I heard Volteer was looking for you. I'd check it out if I were you, he's been pretty sick lately." Sparx said.
"Thanks, I'll come right down.." Spyro said.

When on his way to see Volteer, Spyro saw Cynder. She was all alone, and seemed to be crying. Spyro took few steps closer, but decided not to get near her, as she propably wanted to be left alone.
"Whats wrong Cynder?" Spyro asked. Cynder turned her head towards him, then Spyro saw that she was, indeed, crying. Without saying a word, Cynder quickly took off and left Spyro alone. Spyro pushed his head down, and wondered if it was about something he had done. After a second, he too, took off.

Spyro stepped into Volteer's chamber. The room was dark and quiet, and Spyro barely saw around himself. After couple of seconds, he saw Volteer sitting in the corner.
"Why it's so dark in here Volteer?" Spyro asked, "I want to see you."
"I'd rather not show you my face right now. I wouldn't want to shock you, my sickness has got worse you see." Said Volteers voice.
"Ok.. What did you have to say then?" Spyro asked.
"I have made a little bit of research on these ancient scrolls I found from the hall's library. They must be written by dragons or some sort of lesser races, as some of them tell of a time before moles and cheetah's. In the youngest of these scrolls, you can even find the prophecy that tells about the birth of Malefor. Very interesting.." Said Volteers voice.
"I quess so.. But what about the thing that you wanted to discuss with me?" Spyro said.
"Oh yes, Im sorry Spyro. I see my rambling got ahead of myself", Said Volteers voice, "In these scrolls, I have found proof of something called "the Place of Power". It is told to be the heart of the planet. Not in literal sense of cource, this place is located far in north, in the mountains.. So, this "place" or whatever it truly is, is also said to be the most revered shrine of of magic and arcane arts. I believe, that the cure to your condition might be found there."
"Are you sure? Is that really true!?" Spyro asked, holding his hopes high.
"I'm not. But at least its worth a try", Volteers voice said.
"But, how am I going to get out of the city?" Spyro asked, he didn't want to tell Volteer about his plan.
"I believe we both know the answer to that question. Yes, I know about your "grand scheme", but dont worry, I am not mad. Actually, I am glad that you finally dared to take your own future in your own hands.
I'd recommend the east side of the wall, there are less guards patrolling there." Volteer's voice said.
"Thanks.. But how can you know? Only person I told about the plan was.. Cynder.." Spyro said quietly.
"Cynder didn't tell me, but an old friend did.." Volteer's voice said. In that point, Spyro was sure he was smiling.
"And you better take this", Volteer said, " I think you will find it handy, now that you aren't going to return for your "mana bath" for awhile.
Now go.. Well see again some day, I'm sure of it..", Volteer handed a large, golden medallion with a sizeable mana crystal in it, to Spyro.
"Goodbye Volteer, and thanks.. I hope you get better..", Spyro said, and left.

"How could he have known?" Spyro thought, and waited patiently for the night..

There! And yes, you guessed it.. More coming tomorrow!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:27:26 20/03/2009 by Samius
#35 Posted: 21:16:09 20/03/2009
THIS IS SO GREAT!!!!
I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!
---
#36 Posted: 21:36:33 21/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Sorry I couldn't login to write this earlier, but my Internet connection seemed to disargee with my choise. Anyway, here's more!

Chapter 8.

Spyro was looking out from the window. He was staring at the sunset. Soon, it would happen. He would leave Warfang for good, and be in charge of his own destiny. He would be free, instead of being stuck here, in this place.
Without his powers, the oncoming journey would be harsh. "Ancestors protect me", Spyro thought.

After some time, Spyro heard quiet steps behing him.. It was Cynder, she had kept her promise..
"Hi.." Spyro said, he was still looking out from the window.
"Hi.. So, is this it?" Cynder asked.
"This is it.", Spyro confirmed.
"Ok, so where do we start?" Cynder asked.
"I need you to go to that hawk. Send a message to Hunter, and then come back here. I will be preparing for the journey.." Spyro said.
"Ok, I'll be on my way then", Cynder said quietly, and then quicky took off.
Spyro was left alone. One more time he could gaze down upon the great city before leaving. He started to think about his dream, and it's possible meaning. He also started to think about Ignitus, and how he had sacrificed himself to give Spyro and Cynder a small chanse..
Spyro looked out from the window, to the star filled sky
"I bet this is not the way you wanted it to be Ignitus.. You sacrificed yourself for Cynder and me. And here I am, risking our lives, maybe for nothing.."

Spyro waited patiently for Cynder to come back. Minutes felt like hours as he waited to hear Cynders quiet steps again. Soon he heard the sound of paws clawing against the stone floor, and he knew it was her.
"Done it", said Cynder's voice, "I sent a message to Hunter and.. what is that?"
Cynder was looking at the medallion that Volteer had given to Spyro.
"It.. It's just something I took from the halls. I figured I needed it because we aren't coming back in a while.", Spyro lied.
"I see.. And you just took it? It looks kinda precious." Cynder said.
"I know, but I need it, so yes, I just took it.", Spyro lied again.
"Ah... Well, we'd metter leave now when we still can. Let's try to be quiet", Cynder said, "It's going to save us some time if we fly over the west side of the wall. Come on.."
"No, wait!" Spyro said, "Let's try the east side!"
"And why is that?" Cynder asked Spyro.
"It's just... I just have this feeling..", Spyro said.
"Well, we've gone this far just following your "feelings". I guess it doesn't matter anyway." Cynder said.

The two left immediately. Quickly, and without harm they passed the eastern wall. They were already on the other side, when Cynder noticed, that they were followed.
"Hey! Wait up guys!" a familiar voice shouted from the dark.
"Sparx?! Is that you?!" Spyro shouted.
"Has he followed us all the way here!?" Cynder said, she was clearly annoyed.
"Phewww.. So you just decided to leave without telling me?! It doesn't work that way guys.." Sparx said.
"Sparx you really shouldn't be here..", Spyro said, "This journey is going to be dangerous."
"Do, you really think I care?!" Sparx said, "Anything's better that staying there with those old goons!"
"Well.. Okay, you can come with us. As lons as you are careful. I'd hate to have something bad happening to you..", Spyro said.
"Goodbye peace!" Cynder said angrily, and looked the other way.

Spyro, Cynder and Sparx continued forwards on their journey. Greeting the new day, as the sun slowly rose from behind the Horizon..

---

Ok, I'm going to stop writing for a moment again. When will I continue?
Well, that depends on you this time..
I'd like to make this fanfic yet better. And for that, I need your opinions.
SO, OPINIONS PEOPLE! what is it that you like most in this fanfic?

NOTE: what you say is likely going to affect the fanfic, so think carefully. Oh, and you don't have to answer anything, if you like it this way..
#37 Posted: 21:52:23 21/03/2009
I like it but its better if i send PM for those "opinions" you want
---
#38 Posted: 07:41:39 22/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Go ahead, I dont mind.
#39 Posted: 08:52:37 22/03/2009
*send*
---
#40 Posted: 19:22:15 22/03/2009
this is getting so good
#41 Posted: 19:16:15 23/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Thanks Torok! And by the way, im already thinking about the next chapers, so you should have this topic up and running in no time!
#42 Posted: 19:38:59 23/03/2009
I am very happy to hear thatsmilie
---
#43 Posted: 18:17:30 27/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Ok, I figured this moment will come someday.. smilie

The story isn't going to continue for awhile. Lately I have been very busy. I got a lot of schoolwork I must attend to, and I'm going to stop making this fic for some time..

Sorry if you're disappointed, I promise it will continue, but it will just take some more time.. I just wish there was another way, but I value my studies over this fanfic..
#44 Posted: 17:34:58 10/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Ah.. at last.. I am free from the dark clutches of schoolwork. I'll begin to write again in a day or so.. REJOICE!
#45 Posted: 21:44:42 10/04/2009
YAY i was waiting for the next chapter
#46 Posted: 18:32:56 14/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Sorry this took so long. I really hope we are not going to have those little "pauses" in near future. Heres more, enjoy!

Chapter 9.

Spyro, Cynder and Sparx wandered the wilds around Warfang.
It was almost miday, but they hadn't seen any trace of Hunter.

"Strange.." Spyro thought, "Its unlikely Hunter would be late, so did he even get our message at all?.."
Cynder immediately saw Spyro's worrying and jumped right next to him.
"whats wrong?" she asked Spyro.
"I was just thinking.. What if Hunter didn't get our message at all.." Spyro replied.
"He'll be here.. " Cynder said, "He might be on his way right now. We are just going to have to wait for him."
"I don't know, Suddenly I just feel like this whole "plan" was just a big mess.. Should we just go back?.." Spyro said quietly.
"What!?" Cynder shouted, "You're giving up already?! When we left, we were going to DO something! Have a little trust in yourself. You can do it.."
Suddenly Sparx flew in front of them and started arguing.
"Yeah! What she said.. Or would you rather go back and try to explain all this to Terrador and Volteer?!"
Spyro pushed his head down.
"I mean, come on.. Surely they already know we are missing. Just think what shock that could be to poor sick Volteer.."
"Its no use.." Spyro said, and kept a pause. "He knows already."
"I.. ..I cant believe this! You told him!?" Cynder shouted.
"No! I didn't!" Spyro said, "Besides.. I thought you did!"
"What!? Me! No!" Cynder said, "Im just trying to help you!"
"So you DID tell him?.." Spyro said, he couldn't believe it.
"Im not stupid Spyro! I knew sitting there locked inside the city couldn't help at all! I wanted to DO something to help.. So why would I have told him?" Cynder replied, she was almost furious.
"Okay.. okay.. I believe you. But if you didn't tell Volteer, then who was it?"
At that moment they both looked at Sparx.
"No way.." Cynder said, "He's way too dumb.."
"Hey Im smarter than you think missy!" Sparx replied.
"That's mistress to you!" Cynder yelled back at him.
"Stop it you both!" Spyro shouted," It doesn't really matter who did it. Besides.. Volteer only helped me."
"That's... strange.." Sparx said.
"How did he help you?" Cynder asked.
"Okay.. Remember when I told you to fly over the eastern wall, well it was Volteer who told me there would be less guards."
"I see.. And what about that medallion?" Cynder asked.
"Ah.. Volteer gave it to me. Why?"
"Nothing.. I just didn't believe you at all when you said you stole it. It was just so unlike you." Cynder said.
"Thanks.. We should get going." Spyro said, "We can't wait for Hunter forewer."
"Okay, lets go." Cynder said.
"Umm.. hey guys.." Sparx said, "Can you hear that?"
"What.. Hear what?" Cynder said.

When that listened carefully they heard low shambling from the woods. The sound came from far away, but they could hear it clearly.
"Orcs?" Cynder said.
"It might be a search patrol.." Spyro replied.
"No, city is in that direction" Said Sparx and pointed exactly the other way. They saw something large moving in the woods, IT whatever it was, was coming towards them fast. It looked like trees themselves had come alive.
Soon roots in the ground started to move, and nearly ensnared the dragons to the ground.
"This way, quick!" Spyro shouted, and begun to run towards a small path in the woods, Cynder and Sparx followed behind him. Spyro and Cynder couldn't fly because the air was filled with whipping branches of those tree-like living mosters. The trees moved their branches over them, blocking the light, and making it almost impossible to see. Only thing that allowed the dragons to see was Sparx's dim glow..
The path they took seemed only to lead deeper into the woods. An unpleasant choise, but it was all thay had..

So, more coming tomorrow!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:36:58 14/04/2009 by Samius
#47 Posted: 18:59:59 14/04/2009
OH MY smilie
MORE!
---
#48 Posted: 00:01:02 15/04/2009
cool chapter...
#49 Posted: 14:00:06 15/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Thank you for reading! Here's more!

Chapter 10.

They fled.. Spyro and Cynder were exhausted for all the running, and the tree-like mosters were gaining on them. They had no choise but to run..
Every time a small ray of light shined trouhg the leaves of the forest, it gave them more courage to go on.
They were already deep in the forest and there was no turning back. For a moment, Spyro wandered if they would ever get out of there..
Cynder had no idea how long they had already been running, she was concentrated to keep up with Spyro, who seemed surprisingly fast..
Sparx had no trouble to keep up with the dragons, and he made sure they could keep along..

"How.. ..can they.. ..see us?" Cynder managed to say, she was tired from all the running.
"I.. ..don't.. ..know." Spyro replied.
"Guys! Guys! This way!" Said Sparx, and flew to the forest. At the second he was out of their sight, the dragons couldn't see anything.
"I can't see!" Cynder shouted out of the darkness.
"Just keep running! Don't let them catch you!" Spyro replied quickly.
"Ouch!" shouted Cynder, as she hit her head to one of the trees.
Spyro noticed she was left behing and shouted: "Hold on! Im coming!"
"No, Spyro wait." Cynder's voice said.
"Come on! don't let them catch you!" Spyro shouted.
"Stop." Cynder said, "just, wait.."
"What, is this?" Spyro said, the trees begun to move and soon they could see the bright midday sky.
"Where did they go?" Cynder asked.
"They.. Followed Sparx.." Spyro replied.
"Of course! Those things only saw us because of Sparx! At the moment he flew off they followed him!" Cynder Shouted.
"But where is he?" Spyro said, he was worried for Sparx.
"I think we should follow the path.. He'll find it eventually.." Cynder said.
"But.. We can't just leave him there!" Spyro shouted," Sparx! Where are you!"
"Quiet! you'll give us away." Cynder said.
"But I can't leave Sparx!" Spyro said in panic.
"What can we do? Besides, Im sure that Sparx can evade those things. He'll try to find us when he notices we aren't following him." Cynder said.
"But, He might need our help." Spyro said.
"We'll find him. Don't worry." Cynder replied.

The two followed the path deeper into the woods. They could have easily gotten out of the forest, but they couldn't leave Sparx..
Cynder was somewhat glad that Sparx decided to "take a shortcut". Now She and Spyro could be all alone for a while, it was all that Cynder wanted.. Spyro seemed sad and fustrated when he couldn't help Sparx. He hung his head as he walked along the path to the woods..

It took Spyro and Cynder several minutes to fing Sparx again. It was quite easy, as they could clearly hear his voice.
"They're after meee!!" Sparx shouted.
The trees started to close up over the two dragons again, and soon all they could see was a small, glowing dragonfly flying towards them fast..
"Where were you! I have been trying to find you! Now come on!" Sparx shouted. Spyro and Cynder taggend along and the chase was on again..
"Sorry Sparx, we have been trying to find you too!"Spyro shouted.
"I found a place for us to hide! Follow me!" Sparx said, and turned the direction.
"What is it?!" Cynder said.
"Its a small cave in the cliff! we might be able to slip inside it!" Sparx shouted.
After some running, they saw a small opening in a nearby cliff, and ran towards it fast.
"We are going to have to put you out Sparx!" Spyro shouted.
"What!" Sparx replied.
"No, I mean.. We are going to have to stop your glow. They are following it!" Spyro shouted.
"Im on it!" Cynder said, and leaped towards Sparx.
Soon ewerything went dark..
Spyro hadn't seen what had happenend, but after some wandering he found the crack in the cliff and crawled in, Cynder followed soon after him.
The trees moved, and soon it was bright again.
In the light, Spyro saw Cynder. She looked like she was going to puke..
Cynder turned her head and soon Spyro saw a familiar, altought somewhat wet figure of Sparx..
"You!.. You!.. HAG! What are you? Hungry!?" Sparx shouted.
"What happened?" Spyro asked.
"She tried to eat me! That's what happened!" Sparx shouted.
"Can't say I enjoyed it.. You taste bad Sparx.." Cynder replied quietly.
"What did you do?" Spyo asked Cynder.
"I didn't know any other way to put his glow out." Cynder said, "So.. I gobbled him.."
After a while ewerybody found it quite funny. Spyro told Cynder and Sparx to rest, as they were going to get out to the woods again in some time.
Thankful about the break, they all rested..

OOkay, more coming tomorrow.
#50 Posted: 14:04:39 15/04/2009
LMAO Sparx is perfect smilie
---
Page 1 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me