Forum

Poll

14 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Insomniac's being talked about a lot lately because of that new Wolverine game.
Page 1 of 1
Insomniac's being talked about a lot lately because of that new Wolverine game.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 6379
#1 Posted: 12:39:32 15/09/2026 | Topic Creator
And apparently it's not being received so well. First time I've ever seen them getting shat on by people around the internet like this.


Since Insomniac is the daddy of Spyro, I wonder what people around here think of this. Have you played any of Insomniac's later games? Was Wolverine a game you were looking forward to or had any expectations for?

Personally, I had fairly high hopes for Insomniac's Wolverine because I was a big fan of their take on Spider-man (even though it was basically just a Spider-man version of the Arkham Batman games...but honestly I'd love it if we got Arkham Batman style games for basically every street level superhero), so it's a bit surprising seeing it get a lackluster reception. Maybe the character/concept of Wolverine just wasn't a good fit for Insomniac.

Hopefully this at least means they'll take a break from superheroes for a while and work on a new Ratchet & Clank next.
---
You ain't nuffin without a muffin.
Wretch Green Sparx Gems: 178
#2 Posted: 00:03:36 16/09/2026
I was excited for Wolverine, although definitely not nearly as much as I was for any of the Spider-Man games. I'll probably still buy it after a deep sale, but it just seems like Sony has not been handling the studio particularly well ever since they bought them. I loved Rift Apart, and Miles Morales was good despite being relatively short, but I could already tell with Spider-Man 2 that - although I still enjoyed it well enough - things were starting to take a turn for the worse. I would definitely appreciate them taking a break from superhero games for a bit, especially since I never really wanted them to become the "Marvel studio" for Sony in the first place. Sure I loved the first Spider-Man game they made, and I enjoyed what followed (albeit to varying degrees), but I don't want that to become all that they're known for nowadays either. :/

The Insomniac leak showed that they were aiming for releasing the next R&C by 2028, although it sucks it'll more than likely not get a physical release then. smilie
---
I'll tell you my snins so you can snarpen your snife
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me