Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > It's been a while. So... How's your life been?
Page 1 of 1
It's been a while. So... How's your life been?
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6453
#1 Posted: 18:53:22 23/06/2024 | Topic Creator
Things have changed so much, but I can't help but check in this wretched place every now and then. Too many memories to forget about it and the fondness never truly goes away. It really feels crazy that I was just a stupid teenager spending all my time on the family laptop when I joined and now I'm pretty much on my own, living day by day, just trying to get by in life. Things are rough, but things have always been rough.... Just rough in different ways I suppose. I'm still trying, hoping one day I'll make it somehow and figure things out, maybe finally break into what I want to do. Who knows? That's how it is for me at least, so I propose the question to you.

How's your life been?
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10233
#2 Posted: 11:49:15 24/06/2024
It's been going. In a much better place than years ago, much more mature and in control of some anxieties, but mental disorders never really go away so it's still rough in a lot of places. Still, I've got friends and family, I've got a kitty, I've got a job, so it'll hopefully work out.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8708
#3 Posted: 04:45:35 25/06/2024
Honestly pretty good. I get paid quite a bit a year out of college doing cybersecurity. Maybe a bit too much because friends and family get awkward when I mention my pay. I have an apartment and I never really have to worry about fiances. Pretty boring lifestyle but it's honestly just gonna be my life from now on. Need to find more friends tho. Kinda hard when I can't just approach people at school anymore. Still need to buy a car. Idk I just got lucky and things managed to go my way for now
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:47:25 25/06/2024 by somePerson
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2548
#4 Posted: 05:15:43 25/06/2024
Pretty alright honestly! Went through a pretty rough breakup at the start of the month, but I've been able to lean on friends and family which has been really healing and uplifting. It's also neat to think about how a good number of those friends are people I've met through this site. How cool and crazy. It's been rocky but it's been illuminating to see ways I can learn and improve as a person, but also to remember in a real way that I love myself and want to be happy and healthy, and so I'm trying to actively work to make that happen. I've been trying to schedule some medical procedures and surgeries to fix some chronic issues that I've been dealing with and pushing off for awhile, and I've been pretty successful so far which is exciting! I'm looking for jobs with better pay, but I also am pretty comfy where I'm at currently so it's not a huge rush. It also helps to think about how exciting this next year is gonna be as a theme park and Nintendo fan, with a brand new Universal park opening next year 25 minutes from where I live, complete with a Nintendo/Mario themed land. That and the Switch 2 are gonna make 2025 real fun, I think. I'm glad to hear some positive stuff coming from this thread, I hope everyone here is doing real well! :)
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8195
#5 Posted: 16:33:02 25/06/2024
Yooo hi! I'm doing well! Graduated from university with a degree in biochemistry and am now pursuing my PhD. Came to terms with my sexuality in undergrad and wound up dating the most wonderful lady who moved with in with me at the beginning of this year! It's nice to have my own space and my own life. Been doing therapy for a bit, and have also been taking some anti-anxiety/depression meds, and I've gotta say I'm probably in the best place mentally than I've ever been. Still chat with my college friends (and do lots of DnD now), and I love my lab, labmates, and program. Also got into board games as a hobby. I still write and draw in my free time, and my gf and I get to spend lots of time together too. Overall, I'm pretty happy. A little concerned about my physical health cause I picked up some weight, but I've started walking more, and am looking forward to working out with my gf and a mutual friend once they're back from army training, so I'm hoping to work on that soon. c:
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6453
#6 Posted: 12:40:16 26/06/2024 | Topic Creator
It is a real refresher seeing all the positivity here. Very uplifting in contrast to the abyss of social media nowadays, more reasons to miss forums am I right? Pfft, but yeah happy to hear life is going well for you all !!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2482
#7 Posted: 02:23:32 27/06/2024
uuuh well i got away from an extremely manipulative relationship with someone who hurt me very much my sister ran off with a man 20 years older then her and i have been legitimately homeless living out of a car and hotels for a year and a few weeks now. been very terribly ill several times over said year but on the flipside i am engaged to the best man i have ever met and despite all of that i am relatively happy. definitely happy in comparison to the way i felt when that bad relationship and sister combined abuse made me feel so yeah. life situation is very bad at the moment yet personally i am happy.
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
ArisaArtisan Green Sparx Gems: 496
#8 Posted: 18:53:22 06/07/2024
it's been alright, can't complain much. university is of course stressful af but im doin my best lol. studying psychology to become a therapist. :3
---
{SILLY FAE GIGGLE GANG WE LOVE THROWING PARTIES}
drink water, get some sleep, take care of yourself.
SHE/THEY, sillygoofy, doing my darndest.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10422
#9 Posted: 00:27:21 07/07/2024
I became a janitor as I predicted about a decade ago. Life is life, it goes on how it goes.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2586
#10 Posted: 05:53:05 09/07/2024
Trying 2 become carpilled and get my drivers license.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 4021
#11 Posted: 04:00:09 12/07/2024
Welcome back aj!
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me