Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Spyro's Lair Remastered (Project Idea)
Page 1 of 1
Spyro's Lair Remastered (Project Idea)
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5887
#1 Posted: 21:14:15 14/04/2024 | Topic Creator
I've been feeling a little nostalgic, so I decided to revisit the Legend of Spyro trilogy, and while playing, I was reminded of the Spyro's Lair website that I first visited way back around the time when The Eternal Night came out. I didn't expect it to still be around, but I'm happy to see that the dragon generator from the site was preserved here. Although, as I think we can all see, it is pretty lackluster with its range of customization, and the resolution of the outputs is quite small (which I'm guessing might be mainly because this came from back in the days of ADSL, when internet speeds could have a hard time even with images).

I was curious to see how I could improve it with my knowledge of image editing, so I saved the image files for each feature of the dragons, upscaled them about 4x, and by now am almost finished making a couple of tweaks just to neaten them up. Eventually, I'd like to see the dragon generator recreated as a software that would integrate the image files as layers where you'd be able to change their brightness/hue/saturation values, instead of having extra layers for different color variants of the same thing. I even have a concept for how the user interface would look like in the works.

The coding aspect of it is still beyond my expertise, and although I wouldn't mind seeing how I fare with the challenge on my own, I can see it getting done quicker with a volunteer on board, if anyone's interested. smilie

Here's some samples to show how I've enhanced the customization so far:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

I'm just gonna stick to the Krome Studios style for this, since I'm honestly not a big fan of the pseudo-3D render look of the DotD style dragons.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#2 Posted: 10:55:59 27/04/2024
is a very good idea, and if someone is well capable of realizing it, it would also be easy to create Crash Village, since they were pretty much the exact same thing.
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3970
#3 Posted: 14:52:17 02/05/2024
This is a lovely project! Definitely a great idea. Thanks for sharing it so far!
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
gavrogirl Green Sparx Gems: 112
#4 Posted: 20:12:46 26/07/2024
Wow, I'm loving the nostalgia trip! The enhanced dragon generator looks amazing, and I can see how it would be a great project to recreate it as a software with more customization options. If anyone with coding expertise is willing to lend a hand, that would be awesome! And I completely agree with danyq94, a Crash Village remake would be a great idea too! Keep us updated on your progress, and thanks for sharing your work so far!
---
Hey crowd! Friend me on Lost Islands (gavrogirl) I always give out gifts smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me