Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Thoughts on PE class
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#1 Posted: 16:58:27 26/09/2023 | Topic Creator
I think it's weird how we got tested on how many laps you could do on there pacer test or running a mile in under 10 minutes. Like there are so many factors that affect cardiovascular fitness like diet, exercise, etc. But pe doesn't really train you to do these unless you were in athletics or something.

Same thing with the stretch test. Like there's no prep or anything. What are they recording for? There's no improvement at all because there's no practice to make you more flexible
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2386
#2 Posted: 09:18:45 28/09/2023
In adulthood I realize I don't actually hate sports/exercise it's just PE that kind of sucked. In elementary school we did some circus gymnastics **** in my childcare program and that was the greatest thing ever. I'm absolutely garbo at running, PE felt entirely focused on running. We did learn anatomy though in PE I think? but not much on diet or fitness.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#3 Posted: 11:57:40 28/09/2023
My friends told me about how this usually goes in the US and I'm still aghast. This is not a thing where I live; we practice the trendy sport of the month, and if the student has health issues, they just need to compensate by learning the rules and answering questions about it. If we have running, it's usually for the cardio before actual sport.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:58:52 28/09/2023 by Bifrost
#4 Posted: 14:49:36 28/09/2023 | Topic Creator
I think another problem was that eventually it became about bmi with weight and height. Like telling a child or teenager that they were too above a certain weight limit sounds kinda weird considering people are still growing during this time period.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#5 Posted: 21:17:45 28/09/2023
Pe class more like PEE class amiright
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
ArisaArtisan Green Sparx Gems: 418
#6 Posted: 16:10:45 30/09/2023
i HATED tht sht growing up fr. bane of my existence. i failed a semester of it once bc i had had Enough LOL
---
{SILLY FAE GIGGLE GANG WE LOVE THROWING PARTIES}
drink water, get some sleep, take care of yourself.
SHE/THEY, sillygoofy, doing my darndest.
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9982
#7 Posted: 19:54:41 30/09/2023
No teacher in the US seems to agree on what PE class should be about and it's really annoying
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#8 Posted: 20:58:00 30/09/2023
I was dysphoric so I would space out the whole time and also one of my teachers turned out to be a pedo @_@
---
#9 Posted: 21:28:34 30/09/2023 | Topic Creator
Quote: Iceclaw
No teacher in the US seems to agree on what PE class should be about and it's really annoying

My high school pe class was going to the gym. And you could either play basketball or sit on the floor and play on your phone. Didn't even need to change
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#10 Posted: 13:57:26 01/10/2023
Quote: Iceclaw

it's even in the name too, physical education. It's not evaluation, you're supposed to like learn stuff that has to do with physical activities
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2386
#11 Posted: 22:38:03 01/10/2023
Quote: ThunderEgg
I was dysphoric so I would space out the whole time and also one of my teachers turned out to be a pedo @_@

Jesus christ that's awful.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:38:38 01/10/2023 by skylandersfan60
#12 Posted: 13:32:35 02/10/2023
Quote: skylandersfan60

Jesus christ that's awful.

It uhhh sure was a time. I usually don’t mind physical activity but decisions we’re certainly made at my school
---
#13 Posted: 18:03:08 02/10/2023 | Topic Creator

there are a lot of weird teachers who flirt with students. mostly the athletes. i'm not sure if its them trying to reignite their high school days or not but theres a trope of students that they prefer talking to.
#14 Posted: 22:43:50 02/10/2023
Quote: somePerson

there are a lot of weird teachers who flirt with students. mostly the athletes. i'm not sure if its them trying to reignite their high school days or not but theres a trope of students that they prefer talking to.

He got arrested I believe. Some people are sad and weird and gross
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:44 02/10/2023 by ThunderEgg
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#15 Posted: 02:02:18 03/10/2023
I understand why we do physical activity as a mostly mandatory class: kids need to get into the habit of exercise so that they can continue to exercise as an adult and lead a healthier and longer life. However, P.E. is...physical education...where is the education? All I remember is being forced to do activities I hated for thirty minutes to an hour every other day...

(I am not athletic. I do not like P.E. I switched to online school early in my high school career, so thankfully I was able to choose my activities during mandatory P.E. hours, but... There should be another way to get kids to realize exercise is healthy. Aside from those kids who genuinely enjoy sports, I am pretty sure the class just deterred kids from wanting to exercise...)
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10195
#16 Posted: 00:27:10 08/10/2023
PE class was not my favourite when I was at school. I have never been athletically gifted to the point where I enjoyed the competitiveness.

But I did enjoy PE class when we had cross country skiing, and volleyball was something that I was a beast at. Ironically, as a slighty taller than average male, I was not good at basketball.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#17 Posted: 14:27:00 09/10/2023
i barely remember it more then bring mocked because i am a anorexic
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me