Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > How much are you willing to spend on clothes?
Page 1 of 1
How much are you willing to spend on clothes?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#1 Posted: 18:22:10 25/09/2023 | Topic Creator
For me I don't really buy clothes often but I am willing to spend up to a hundred USD for a jacket that looks nice or feels good but that's like a once every year purchase.

I usually get clothes at goodwill or thrift stores because it's cheaper and it doesn't encourage fast fashion while also having hidden gems sometimes like a designer jacket I got for 15 usd. I usually shop a lot at the clearance isle of target because the clothes there are pretty nice and usually half off. Goodwill can cost around 5-20 bucks and target is like 10-30.

Pants wise I usually just buy chinos from target which are like 30 USD. Shoes I don't really buy as often but I did have a phase where I bought air force 1s for over 130 USD. But now I just rock cheap loafers that costed me like 30 bucks.

I have a couple of watches that I probably shouldn't have paid for but I like their designs. But I do have watches that costed about 100 USD. My favorite watch is a riddler one from the Batman movie :3 sometimes I buy kid watches like a sonic one that spins.

Overall idk I don't really buy clothes often because I only really need to wear 2 business casual shirts a week but it's always nice to dress comfortable and maybe fashionable whenever I feel like not being a reclusive hermit crab.
ArisaArtisan Green Sparx Gems: 418
#2 Posted: 06:57:37 26/09/2023
yeah no im not spending a shid ton of money for clothes.
unless im commissioning it (which i probably never will have the money to), i won't be spending upward of 60-80 dollars for a shirt.
---
{SILLY FAE GIGGLE GANG WE LOVE THROWING PARTIES}
drink water, get some sleep, take care of yourself.
SHE/THEY, sillygoofy, doing my darndest.
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2386
#3 Posted: 09:26:21 28/09/2023
I've been going to thrift stores constantly since I was a kid, so I pretty much exclusively buy clothes from them. My price limit for an average piece of clothing is like 6 USD. I've wanted to change that and buy some newer stuff but good clothes are very expensive (understandably). It's hard to justify like $40 bucks for a t shirt in this economy.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#4 Posted: 01:00:30 29/09/2023 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandersfan60
I've been going to thrift stores constantly since I was a kid, so I pretty much exclusively buy clothes from them. My price limit for an average piece of clothing is like 6 USD. I've wanted to change that and buy some newer stuff but good clothes are very expensive (understandably). It's hard to justify like $40 bucks for a t shirt in this economy.

I think people have different opinions on how much should be spent on clothes depending on how they see fashion. Like to some clothes as just a thing you wear to not be naked, while others see it as a way to express themselves. The former isnt as likely to spend that much money on what's pretty much a need instead of the latter who sees it as a want. Cost wise is there really a difference between spending 60 bucks on a game or concert compared to a shirt?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:14:32 29/09/2023 by somePerson
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#5 Posted: 14:12:50 29/09/2023
Zero dollars and zero cents
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2386
#6 Posted: 22:35:32 01/10/2023
Quote: somePerson
Quote: skylandersfan60

I think people have different opinions on how much should be spent on clothes depending on how they see fashion. Like to some clothes as just a thing you wear to not be naked, while others see it as a way to express themselves. The former isnt as likely to spend that much money on what's pretty much a need instead of the latter who sees it as a want. Cost wise is there really a difference between spending 60 bucks on a game or concert compared to a shirt?

This post genuinely had me bite the bullet and start clothes shopping, thank you.
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#7 Posted: 14:18:46 09/10/2023
i cannot justify spending a lot of money on clothes and i do not own too many items of clothing i think the most I have spent on something was a very nice pair of boots thst went for 90 but i believe was on a sale and I got for less then that
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me