Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
inches and feet or centimeters
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#1 Posted: 00:37:12 03/01/2023 | Topic Creator
which is the better form of measurement to me the answer is obvious it is centimeters idk get what is up with America and all that how many inches long is your foot nonsense and stuff
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#2 Posted: 18:06:09 03/01/2023
yeah cm makes the most sense
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#3 Posted: 18:52:13 03/01/2023
Imperial is better for every day use rather than the set of 10s that metric uses. Like a foot is a better representation to measure people rather than a bunch of centimeters and meters are way too big. Tbh people only say metrics better because of America bad even tho 3 countries uses them. Because I grew up with imperial/customary it's what I use lol
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:34 03/01/2023 by somePerson
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#4 Posted: 20:13:17 03/01/2023
^thanks for telling us why we say what we do.

Anyway, the metric system is better because if you just learn how to measure everything with it you don’t have to worry about converting stuff as much, and it’s usually more precise.

For instance, 5’6” could be as high as 170cm or as low as 168cm, or even 166cm if you’re rounding up after 5. That’s too broad. If it’s 169cm, it’s 169cm. No guess work necessary.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
Immy Blue Sparx Gems: 963
#5 Posted: 21:17:49 03/01/2023
i wish america used more of the metric system and less of the imperial units
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#6 Posted: 22:03:27 03/01/2023
Quote: somePerson
Imperial is better for every day use rather than the set of 10s that metric uses. Like a foot is a better representation to measure people rather than a bunch of centimeters and meters are way too big. Tbh people only say metrics better because of America bad even tho 3 countries uses them. Because I grew up with imperial/customary it's what I use lol

Ngl metric is standard here but I exclusively use feet for height too. It's a lot easier to visualize feet than metres.

For other stuff I generally think metric is better.
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#7 Posted: 22:07:59 03/01/2023 | Topic Creator
i never understood how people think feet and inches are easier then centimeters for things like height other then the obvious answer which is you grow up with that but centimeters just make so much more sense to me too much conversion and way too many numbers why start over every 12 idk just count up
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#8 Posted: 23:14:36 03/01/2023
Quote: skylandersfan60
Quote: somePerson

Ngl metric is standard here but I exclusively use feet for height too. It's a lot easier to visualize feet than metres.

For other stuff I generally think metric is better.

I find it super weird that uk uses a mix of every system for stuff like height, distance, beer, milk, weight, etc. But yeah metric is more optimal but both systems pretty much do the same thing that's it not really worth switching anytime soon lol
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me