Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Society Topic And Our Future Discussion
Page 1 of 1
Society Topic And Our Future Discussion
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#1 Posted: 00:32:59 21/12/2022 | Topic Creator
This topic is made to discuss theories and possible futures that we may face later down the line.

I'm honestly scared of how heard mentality is becoming more common. It really seems like people (at least in America for me) are very likely to discriminate and polarize others for having opinions that differ from theirs. Rather it be politically or ethically. For example a lot of the you nger generation has this idea that their political side are the correct side when it comes to decision making. And that they are the future so therefore their opinion matters more as they are the ones who are gonna takeover governments in a few decades. And anyone else who disagrees are either dumb, bigots, or don't matter.

We all want to be comfortable and not challenged which is why group discussions where people pretty much just agree with one side of the discussion is common. It's also boring because it's just people agreeing and nothing gets accomplished or dugged upon as points aren't questioned or strengthened. Because in the end every argument ever is pretty much just "why doesn't this person act like me".

But with the rise of social media, online interactions, etc children are becoming more antisocial and reserved. Even people now rely heavily on social media interactions by going immediately towards reddit, twitter, etc when wanting to discuss something. And most of the time not other people irl. All this engagement with random people online is addicting because every social media gets separated from tribalism. Most likely when someone's in a group or community online they are more likely gonna talk about something they both relate too. Because the internet is for people to escaped unconformity with familiarity. Its why sites like Twitter, reddit, and Tumblr have a certain stigma when people think about them. Everyone who disagrees with opinions that the group with more people didn't most likely got driven away. Back to politics, a lot of younger people think that every state being liberal for the sake of progression is better and vice versa for the other side. But theoretically the 2 party system is suppose to find the balance between the 2 and not let one side get too strong.

Corporations are also quite scary because of how much impact they have on our lives. Like we have people online who base their either a part or the entirety of their personality to brands and franchises. Escaping the real world to gather your thoughts is great. But when your escape from reality is a product from a billion dollar faceless company to the point where that escape becomes your second life is it really an escape?

Like isn't it crazy how mad people get over products that cost 60-70 usd when it does something they don't like? Like people get mad that luxury items cost want to cost more but never think about how water is a need that people need to buy in order to live while also using child slaves to get it. People online escape all the anger there is in the real world to also be angry in their escapes from it
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#2 Posted: 00:54:45 21/12/2022
Quote: somePerson
Back to politics, a lot of younger people think that every state being liberal for the sake of progression is better and vice versa for the other side. But theoretically the 2 party system is suppose to find the balance between the 2 and not let one side get too strong.

If you don’t like jelly, you’re not looking for a sandwich with the right balance of peanut butter and jelly, you want a peanut butter sandwich.

If the other end of the scale holds oppression, violence, inequality, and so on… we don’t want balance, we want progress.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2459
#3 Posted: 08:32:42 21/12/2022
The Two Party System is flawed and is DOOMED to fail! Look up the Spoiler Effect! The Fake News Media won't tell you about that...

When one side of the DC Swamp goes against American Democracy, and all that our proud nation and it's systems stand for, as well as maximizing human misery, I don't see the point in keeping them around! In fact, I think it's a net POSITIVE for Democracy to kick these fascists out while we still can!

We are facing down the barrel of American Fascism...when one side spends their entire time fear-mongering about our proud and wonderful Trans and other LGBTQ+ Americans, fighting for HORRIBLE policy on Climate, the Culture War, and economics, and fighting tooth and nail to break every system in place, in order to gain all the positions they need to pull off a Treasonous coup when the time is right, I think it's morally right to call them what they are!! FASCISTS! It's true!
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#4 Posted: 13:45:46 21/12/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: Lunar
The Two Party System is flawed and is DOOMED to fail! Look up the Spoiler Effect! The Fake News Media won't tell you about that...

When one side of the DC Swamp goes against American Democracy, and all that our proud nation and it's systems stand for, as well as maximizing human misery, I don't see the point in keeping them around! In fact, I think it's a net POSITIVE for Democracy to kick these fascists out while we still can!

We are facing down the barrel of American Fascism...when one side spends their entire time fear-mongering about our proud and wonderful Trans and other LGBTQ+ Americans, fighting for HORRIBLE policy on Climate, the Culture War, and economics, and fighting tooth and nail to break every system in place, in order to gain all the positions they need to pull off a Treasonous coup when the time is right, I think it's morally right to call them what they are!! FASCISTS! It's true!

Thanks Mr president. We are are just kinda stuck with the 2 party system unless there's an entirely new voting system or government. I don't agree with 2 party but like it's not like internet warriora are gonna revolt and take over
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2459
#5 Posted: 18:37:16 21/12/2022
Quote: somePerson
Quote: Lunar

Thanks Mr president. We are are just kinda stuck with the 2 party system unless there's an entirely new voting system or government. I don't agree with 2 party but like it's not like internet warriora are gonna revolt and take over

Had I had my way as President, I would have implemented Rank-Choice voting like a proper Democracy! But oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for 2024!

It seems to me that any positive Radical change might have to wait for a while...The current and #1 Priority for our proud nation is to beat back this tide of Fascism, while we still can! Canvassing, helping your community, learning how to protect yourself from gangs of White Supremacist THUGS and other un-American deplorables, and yes, voting! In the few chances you can!

The Great Generation Z came out to vote in a record margin this midterm! (They won't tell you that it's still a fraction of their true numbers, disappointing!) What did the other side do? Call for increases in the voting age! If you don't use your beautiful voices now, they will SILENCE you in time! Trust me!
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3923
#6 Posted: 14:20:01 22/12/2022
ah yes. darkspyro. where the future is planned
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me