Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Is Having A Preference Fetishizing?
Page 1 of 1
Is Having A Preference Fetishizing?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#1 Posted: 18:52:15 20/12/2022 | Topic Creator
Question
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#2 Posted: 19:26:19 20/12/2022
Preference for…?
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#3 Posted: 20:48:04 20/12/2022
if you mean race/ethnicity yes otherwise please put down a further description of what you mean and technical support will reach back out to you in 2-4 business days please note that due to the holidays these wait times may be delayed thank your for your patience and have a good day
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#4 Posted: 22:18:39 20/12/2022
Nah, the key word is preference. If you're a white woman who exclusively dates black dudes and puts down their own race as inferior that becomes blatant fetishization/racism. In contrast, having a preference for asian dudes while also being fine with dating other races is not harmful.

In a non-racial way? Having a preference for girls with glasses is fine and so is exclusively dating girls with glasses, just don't take it overboard.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#5 Posted: 22:55:04 20/12/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandersfan60
Nah, the key word is preference. If you're a white woman who exclusively dates black dudes and puts down their own race as inferior that becomes blatant fetishization/racism. In contrast, having a preference for asian dudes while also being fine with dating other races is not harmful.

In a non-racial way? Having a preference for girls with glasses is fine and so is exclusively dating girls with glasses, just don't take it overboard.

Tbh the whole fetishizing claim going around recently just sounds like insecure people of color blaming others and gatekeeping them from dating their ethnicity.

However I think fetishizing can only work with race when talking about preferences. You can prefer to taller men and only date taller men but you can't really objectify tall men into a specific group of people. Like besides being tall there's no other features culturally, physically (besides tall), or traits that races have.

For example the most common race right now being fetishized by people are Korean women/men. There's a difference between I only date Asians and I find Asians attractive. It's basically the argument or "I wouldn't date this race" and if that's racist.

Personally for me I don't really care for who you date race wise but like it's kinda weird when people explain why specific races are attractive and objectifying them
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#6 Posted: 00:31:59 21/12/2022
yeah no that is literally what fetishization is guys lol
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me