Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Dexit Discussion
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#1 Posted: 01:58:53 16/12/2022 | Topic Creator
How do you feel about dexit after all these years? Tbh I never really cared tbh because I'm not one of those people who liked seeing their old pokemon in new games. Maybe it's because I'm so used to starting over games with arbitrary rulesets that I don't really see pokemon as pets or partners anymore.

But like even my childhood pokemon just sit in the 5 dollar a year pokemon home that I never open ever. Im not against the idea of having every pokemon in the game but like it also doesn't affect me if there aren't
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2459
#2 Posted: 04:25:15 16/12/2022
I think it doesn't effect my experience much of playing the main story of a Pokemon game. However, I do believe that the games should be capable of holding and running all of the Pokemon afterwards! If they are not able to have the Pokemon running in the wild areas or interacting on the world map, that is reasonable... But I should be able to transfer any Pokemon into any game from Pokemon Home for battling, to a certain extent...

If you aren't able to do it at launch, you could do it later via update, but this is one of the largest media corporations in the world! They have the resources to do it, and most of the 3D models are already designed with animations made... So besides time constraints and game balance, (which can both be remedied with more time, money, and care!) I don't understand why it wouldn't be standard! The Home compatibility screen is a mess!
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#3 Posted: 04:56:05 16/12/2022
i have no idea what this is and i have not played a pokemon game for real for real since my copy of pokemon y and tidbits of sun and moon but i think they should make it to where every pokemon can be on the game just because everyone has their own favorite and i know i would be bummed out if i couldnt play with my fav pokemon
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#4 Posted: 09:19:23 16/12/2022
Still pretty negative about it, I love a lot of the gen 7 Pokemon and I wish I could have used them all in another gen as well smilie. It's killed my enjoyment of the newer games a lot, I much prefer rom hacks now.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#5 Posted: 09:51:01 16/12/2022
I honestly couldn't care less, I've still really enjoyed all the newer Pokemon games anyway.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#6 Posted: 12:11:45 16/12/2022
It came from a place of dishonesty, it didn't solve their supposed performance and development issues because it was never the problem, and combined with the "oh you need to get the mon in this game to enjoy the gimmick, can't only transfer" it really turned their attempts at attachment into dust.

I still super dislike it, but I learned to enjoy other things(and other games, especially) instead of getting stressed in hate for no reason.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#7 Posted: 19:04:57 16/12/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: Lunar
I think it doesn't effect my experience much of playing the main story of a Pokemon game. However, I do believe that the games should be capable of holding and running all of the Pokemon afterwards! If they are not able to have the Pokemon running in the wild areas or interacting on the world map, that is reasonable... But I should be able to transfer any Pokemon into any game from Pokemon Home for battling, to a certain extent...

If you aren't able to do it at launch, you could do it later via update, but this is one of the largest media corporations in the world! They have the resources to do it, and most of the 3D models are already designed with animations made... So besides time constraints and game balance, (which can both be remedied with more time, money, and care!) I don't understand why it wouldn't be standard! The Home compatibility screen is a mess!

Yeah adding pokemon every patch is what they should do. I know for sword and shield the dlc made it so both expansions would add more mons. So it really does seem like they could have totally involved all of them eventually.

Quote: skylandersfan60
Still pretty negative about it, I love a lot of the gen 7 Pokemon and I wish I could have used them all in another gen as well :(. It's killed my enjoyment of the newer games a lot, I much prefer rom hacks now.

Rom hacks like renegade platinum pretty much made me realize how insane pokemon could be. Like there's so many possibilities with these Ron hacks.

Quote: spyro and sonic
I honestly couldn't care less, I've still really enjoyed all the newer Pokemon games anyway.

Tbh when I play pokemon I never cared for playing as the old mons. I think this is why I don't mind not seeing filler like generic fish Mon in newer games.

Quote: Bifrost
It came from a place of dishonesty, it didn't solve their supposed performance and development issues because it was never the problem, and combined with the "oh you need to get the mon in this game to enjoy the gimmick, can't only transfer" it really turned their attempts at attachment into dust.

I still super dislike it, but I learned to enjoy other things(and other games, especially) instead of getting stressed in hate for no reason.

Tbf tho I don't think game freak is allowed to say that they don't have enough time to work on pokemon without getting in trouble lol.
#8 Posted: 22:03:18 16/12/2022
yeah i think that i hear that a lot that game freak "doesnt have the time" but i think thats sort of an excuse at this point for them just not being very good developers to begin with. like its either a quality or quantity issue at this point. like quality being they just arent that good or quantity being the amount of people they have just isnt enough i feel like they skim on these things knowingly not just because they are being rushed they have the pokemon brand behind them they can sell whatever they want as long as its on a shelf somewhere. like much better put together games have been made in the time it takes to make a pokemon game i just think theyre not good developers. not that time has nothing at all to do with it but thats everyones and every game development teams problem just game freak is not that talented to begin with on top of that and so then i think you get stuff like "well this time you dont get all of the pokemon!"
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#9 Posted: 22:14:06 16/12/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
yeah i think that i hear that a lot that game freak "doesnt have the time" but i think thats sort of an excuse at this point for them just not being very good developers to begin with. like its either a quality or quantity issue at this point. like quality being they just arent that good or quantity being the amount of people they have just isnt enough i feel like they skim on these things knowingly not just because they are being rushed they have the pokemon brand behind them they can sell whatever they want as long as its on a shelf somewhere. like much better put together games have been made in the time it takes to make a pokemon game i just think theyre not good developers. not that time has nothing at all to do with it but thats everyones and every game development teams problem just game freak is not that talented to begin with on top of that and so then i think you get stuff like "well this time you dont get all of the pokemon!"

Um no. You can't just say someone's a bad developer when hey are constantly facing crunch. Especially if it's a Japanese company where people will literally work to death. Gameplay wise game freak pokemon games always work. The gameplay loop is great and every online critic who says a game looks bad from trailers eventually craves in and buys it anyway. Every game from the past 10 years has this cycle. The problem that time crunch introduces is that there is not enough time to polish the game. Not the gameplay most of the time for pokemon.

Saying that a game development team who work in one of the worst countries when it comes to work culture is quite tone deaf
#10 Posted: 22:17:16 16/12/2022
um yes. i can. they dont do anything specifically outstanding you misread my point my point is that every game developer these days is under crunch and yeah their are japanese game developers who can do more in less time i didnt say they suck suck like they are botoom of the barrel but they are not AAA type of developers i would even go as far as to say that its fine pokemon is not expected to be of that quality but you cant just throw around excuses either pokemon is what it is and thats A-Okay i didnt have a problem playing 16-bit pokemon games in the mid 2010s but they werent doing anything then either to prove they were some awesome developers no need to get so defensive wow! also yes tell the japanese girl that about japan/japanese companies and call her tone deaf ahem
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:25:35 16/12/2022 by LeewweewoowheeH
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#11 Posted: 00:24:43 17/12/2022
Pretty sure Game Freak can say whatever they want, they’ve already admitted to not prioritizing Pokémon before
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
#12 Posted: 14:15:03 17/12/2022
Quote: somePerson

Tbf tho I don't think game freak is allowed to say that they don't have enough time to work on pokemon without getting in trouble lol.

They can do whatever they want and still sell 5 billion, I mean the song and dance when Dexit first happened of "oh, we lost all the files" (they didn't), then "we need to polish the animations" (they're straight ported from S/M", then "we wanted to properly balance the game" (Landorus T steamrolled every format). They could've just said that they didn't have enough time from the start with some zigzagging around exactly why, like "we wanted to make a holiday release". That dishonesty soured me big time on it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:15:45 17/12/2022 by Bifrost
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#13 Posted: 14:46:52 20/12/2022
im not going to throw a fit about dexit because i sort of fell off of pokemon after sun and moon, but i do remember being disappointing. not like super strongly or anything
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#14 Posted: 00:52:47 21/12/2022
how about ashxit how is the opinion on that thats the real news i think
---
#15 Posted: 02:14:30 21/12/2022
i mean i hope he gets a decent send off but i think it's a good move for brand longevity
---
#16 Posted: 04:45:01 21/12/2022
could be yeah i just feel like since they carried the show ash and pika by that is that without them they might end up just dropping the anime because people could become uninterested without their mascot characters i personally just think its all kind of funny
---
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2459
#17 Posted: 08:15:11 21/12/2022
I would doubt that they drop the anime! You don't make a MASSIVE change like that without having a plan for the future! I'm excited to see what comes next!

Poor Team Rocket, they may also not return! Who knows...I suppose we'll have to wait and see!
#18 Posted: 16:15:55 21/12/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: Lunar
I would doubt that they drop the anime! You don't make a MASSIVE change like that without having a plan for the future! I'm excited to see what comes next!

Poor Team Rocket, they may also not return! Who knows...I suppose we'll have to wait and see!

This is the biggest risk the anime has taken ever since the Chronicles ova. I really do hope pokemon takes the Dr who route where it's new people every so often with callbacks to other protagonists
#19 Posted: 20:53:34 21/12/2022
maybe not drop anime but end up a similar eoitw like the manga for anyone that followed that once they got rid of the old crew of protagonists the popularity fell off i so think they will rotate the lead characters per series tho same as they do with the manga and all that

but for fun heres a flashback for those of you who were not around the japanese fanbase of pokemon in 2006 they actually advertised the diamond and pearl series without ash for the first couple of months as i remember it Dawn being all they showed confirming ash wouldnt appear in the episode or whatever and Dawn getting all the posters and art would be hilarious if they pulled another fast one and like 3 episodes in ash is back again im sure theyve been more clear on this then last time i’m wreak lot not following this like…… at all have not watched pokemon and have had absolutely no investment in itsince XY and some sun and moon but just a throwback because now that would be funny
---
#20 Posted: 14:21:04 22/12/2022
god i just want to watch dp now ahaha. wasnt ash like her mentor-sish in that?
---
#21 Posted: 21:59:30 22/12/2022
yeah i loved the dynamic between those 2 in that one ash actually looked like had some experience and he supported her very much throughout it has some surprisingly deep moments for pokemon like existential crisis/is this what i really want to do etc
---
#22 Posted: 22:57:35 28/12/2022
Yeah Ash getting a sendoff is nice actually, that one I have no problem with

and like we had 20 years of the guy even with the nice comedy writing in recent years I think everyone had their fill
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me