Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Degens Of DarkSpyro
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#1 Posted: 21:04:14 13/12/2022 | Topic Creator
Post em
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#2 Posted: 00:16:59 14/12/2022
anyone who got super flagged is a GREAT start
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#3 Posted: 00:23:22 14/12/2022
All the Warrior cats fans.

Night fox* I think his name was?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:11:04 14/12/2022 by skylandersfan60
#4 Posted: 00:39:13 14/12/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
anyone who got super flagged is a GREAT start

Um no. Most of the people who got superflagged asked for it for personal reasons.
#5 Posted: 01:03:28 14/12/2022
^lol someone asked for an old account superflagged i guess? let me be clear the users who GOT superflagged is what i said not the users who ASKED to be superflagged
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#6 Posted: 03:30:43 14/12/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandersfan60

Oh no what's the context. I'm probably gonna write up some turkey tom spoof with like Levi or something
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#7 Posted: 05:30:00 14/12/2022
Quote: somePerson

Oh no what's the context. I'm probably gonna write up some turkey tom spoof with like Levi or something

For clarification, the warrior cats thing is a joke as nearly everyone on here atm loves that series more than Spyro.

But Night Fox was a dude who used a really deep voice changer and would sexually harass underage users. I remember he made sexual comments about another user in the shower when they were like 11?. He also would say that I was bisexual for attention and be really weird to me when I was 12. He was also very homophobic, which lead to him having a full on meltdown because I sent him a gay furry amv, and he started working out because he was envious of how muscular the furries were.

In hindsight it's a bit shocking how many predators were on this website.
Please write up the Levi thing.
#8 Posted: 01:36:41 16/12/2022
here are some that to me should always be noted

ganon/sess

sess was pretty much the de facto biggest jerk here a horrible toxic person and held a very negative influence on a lot of users specifically newer or younger users who were more susceptible to it obviously others can speak much better to this but was also clearly a master manipulator of people who were supposed to their so-called "friends" and used them to get away with just whatever and continue such a long painful stretched out experience of bullying and manipulation that went on for way longer then it ever should have been allowed to be. but who can you blame for that... just sess... because sess was a master at manipulating people and getting away with it. also pedo. also the content brought to this site was way out of age range especially way back when we were all 12 year old to 16 year olds and wasnt really that safe of an environment for the much younger kids that came on here

zap/drednaw

another perfect example of a user who was for whatever reason given a second chance just to turn out to be even worse if anything then they were the first time a lot of my own personal experiences with this one but i am nowhere near the only person in fact most of us just wanted him gone and were sick of the bullying behavior purposefully offensive content and instigation that he brought to the board. me specifically he picked on called me quite a few vulgar and sexist names and bordered into sexual harassments quite a few times as i drew a very clear line with what i was and was not comfortable with that he crossed repeatedly. overall a very bad presence on this website that we are much better without

Levi

been talked about enough on this forum and many others everyone knows him. Levi. just that.

Zer0dch

heard from someone hes better of a person now but when he was here he was pretty bad wont mention the specific user he hounded but he wouldnt leave her alone despite repeatedly being told to back off. his obsessive behavior with that one is one of my most prominent memories of him because he involved me in it at one point because the aforementioned user and i were friends i even still have some of those messages. it was too much. he had a long list of stuff that led up to his banning but it started as early as way back then which was like 2010-early 11ish.

i actually forget the name of this user was it Prysom something like that

pervert and insanely rude and a bully specifically to Aura for those who remember her me and her were friends at the time and vented quite a bit about him to one another i think it was him and one other user who should be on this list unless it was sess was probably sess come to think of it.... who iniated me and aura having a conversation about making a big topic calling for mods i spammed darks inbox with screenshots and messages from these guys that were targeted at Aura and she opened the topic that eventually led to this site getting its first round of moderators. safe to say if you can triger a revolution of users coming together to finally get the admin to put moderators on the site you can be called a real true degen of darkspyro

AmbushFan/Buchi

from the endless emo rants in personal thoughts to attacking viciously users that disagreed with him safe to say he was a degen wont repeat the things that got him banned because its recent enough everyone still knows about it but the list wouldnt be complete without a shout out to him. he was extremely childish immature vulgar disrespectful rude and just plain mean.

Observer

imma just give a shout out to observer not the worst of the worst but a lot of those religion wars could have been avoided if he just had some self control. and he was normally the aggressor which i thiiiiiinnnk is what led up to him being banned. i was present but very weird point in my life so i cant really remember what specifically happened that got him banned but its not hard to put two and two together and remember he was a problem

Seros

Seros.

----

im sure there are ones that i should have mentioned but please note i only included users ho were banned or are just nowhere to be found because theres no reason to start any drama over this and for the record to me i dont think anyone left here now in this current day i would consider a "degen" of darkspyro we mostly get along and theres been no real problems since zap left so i think we pretty good right now
---
#9 Posted: 01:46:11 16/12/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson

For clarification, the warrior cats thing is a joke as nearly everyone on here atm loves that series more than Spyro.

But Night Fox was a dude who used a really deep voice changer and would sexually harass underage users. I remember he made sexual comments about another user in the shower when they were like 11?. He also would say that I was bisexual for attention and be really weird to me when I was 12. He was also very homophobic, which lead to him having a full on meltdown because I sent him a gay furry amv, and he started working out because he was envious of how muscular the furries were.

I remember back then when I was like 12 I said something about how you probably shouldn't share personal info on the site and people got mad and said that it was ok because they had proof and trusted them lmao. I'm also like way too lazy rn tbh when it comes to writing paragraphs about how a person is bad.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#10 Posted: 09:52:53 16/12/2022

Hey, he might've sexually harassed a few minors on a purple dragon forum, but this does make him kinda based. May his body dysmorphia never end.
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#11 Posted: 19:13:05 17/12/2022
Quote: Samius

Hey, he might've sexually harassed a few minors on a purple dragon forum, but this does make him kinda based. May his body dysmorphia never end.

I can't tell if you're joking but calling someone who sexually harassed 11 year olds based for working out doesn't seem very appropriate.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#12 Posted: 22:17:01 17/12/2022
i obviously would never dare to make the same joke or promote it but i think its just normal Sami dark sarcasm because he ends it with “may his body dysmorphia never end” so like may he suffer from his problems forever for being such an explicative explicative
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#13 Posted: 23:57:56 17/12/2022
i obviously would never dare to make the same joke or promote it but i think its just normal Sami dark sarcasm because he ends it with “may his body dysmorphia never end” so like may he suffer from his problems forever for being such an explicative explicative

Presumably, that's the case, even so, to say he's "kinda based" for working out doesn't look good. I can't think of a single reason to ever say a sexual predator is based, whether it's supposed to be a joke or not.

As for the body dysmorphia part, that rubbed me the wrong way as well. To say he hopes it continues feels like it's making light of a problem a lot of people struggle with deeply. Although given he's a sexual predator, I absolutely agree Night Fox does need to suffer big time for what he did.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:01:38 18/12/2022 by HeyitsHotDog
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#14 Posted: 01:36:46 18/12/2022
Quote: Iceclaw

I can't tell if you're joking but calling someone who sexually harassed 11 year olds based for working out doesn't seem very appropriate.

Mod fight

Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Presumably, that's the case, even so, to say he's "kinda based" for working out doesn't look good. I can't think of a single reason to ever say a sexual predator is based, whether it's supposed to be a joke or not.

As for the body dysmorphia part, that rubbed me the wrong way as well. To say he hopes it continues feels like it's making light of a problem a lot of people struggle with deeply. Although given he's a sexual predator, I absolutely agree Night Fox does need to suffer big time for what he did.

I’m confused, which is it?
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
#15 Posted: 02:16:45 18/12/2022
Quote: YesterdayFemmey

Mod fight

I’m confused, which is it?

As I said, body dysmorphia is something a lot of people struggle with, so it being a "punishment" feels wrong? Doesn't feel like a proper comeuppance I guess?

Sorry if this still doesn't make sense, the past few months have been hell for me and my mental health has taken a big hit, so it's hard to articulate what I'm trying to say. I've been super scatterbrained.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:10:21 18/12/2022 by HeyitsHotDog
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#16 Posted: 07:45:41 18/12/2022
^no, I think I get you. Basically you’re saying he deserves to be punished but you don’t believe that dysmorphia should be used as a punishment, doing so would fly in the face of the many average people who do suffer from it? That’s fair enough.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
#17 Posted: 09:02:13 18/12/2022
Pretty much yeah
---
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#18 Posted: 11:12:56 18/12/2022

It indeed was a joke. I'll dissect it now if it helps you feel better about it. I tried my best to make it sound like I wasn't serious, but I'll agree that it's not very appropriate; it was meant to sound sort of shocking.

You can take it two or three ways. Firstly, it's making fun of the bizarre reasons Night Fox alledgedly had for starting to work out, which I included in the highlighted part. It's a big meme among amateur bodybuilders that anyone who works out is actually miserable about their body. They often describe themselves as constantly comparing their bodies to other people's and even fictional characters' (in humor, mostly). Jealosy over the muscles of gay furries motivating him is frankly hilarious in that context.

Secondly, I'm deprecating the whole "based" thing. We all know what it means, but to be clear, it's a term of approval used for when "you want to recognize someone for being themselves, i.e. courageous and unique or not caring what others think." The joke is that that the term is stupid. On the surface all of that sounds positive, but you can technically call any dumb **** "kinda based" with some irony, no matter the context. As if someone having any (even nonsensical) reasons to do anything makes it somehow admirable, as long as their reasons are their own and they do it anyway. Calling him a sexual predator and based in the same sentence just provided a more shocking contrast, as if the context of him harassing "a few minors" didn't matter.
It should also be noted that the term is perhaps a bit political nowadays. The few times I see it used unironically it's mostly by contrarians, and this may be why I can't take it seriously.

Thirdly, the joke is self-deprecating, but you can't really pick up on it unless you know me a little bit. I work out and would classify myself as being into the whole online fitness culture, meaning I get the jokes. I've also experienced not liking the way my body looked, hence the part about body dysmorphia. I was absolutely motivated to lift weights by things like strong video game characters, so to an extent I identify with what I read there. In hindsight all of that is just funny, so that one is on me.

That it doesn't look good was part of the point. I feel it didn't quite come across as I intended. Probably my fault, but I felt like being too specific would've ruined the joke.
As stated above, I know the feeling of not liking your own body myself. I'm not certain how I'm making light of anything though. A joke is not necessarily some belittling statement of a condition or a group of people at large.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me