Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Words You Hate
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#1 Posted: 23:12:52 03/12/2022 | Topic Creator
Rant thread

I hate buzzwords like bootlicker and gaslighting. A bootlicker is somebody that kisses up to their oppressors. An example would be like a factory working defending companies breaking labor unions and worker rights. Or originally when it became popular was when it was about blind cop support. But for some reason online just saying "I like video game" is just an easy way to get called a bootlicker because how there somebody like a game i don't as if video games being bad is on the same level of child labor being allowed.

Gaslighting is a dumb word because it's suppose to mean somebody losing their sense of reality by manipulation. But now it just means anyone who lies or misremebers conflicting information. Then the word gets used because people are too afraid to believe that their recollection of events could be possibly wrong.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:00:26 05/12/2022 by somePerson
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#2 Posted: 21:18:29 04/12/2022
As someone who went through a cryptozoology phase, I hate how bastardized the word "cryptid" has become. It's supposed to refer to a creature that might exist in the wild, but doesn't have enough evidence to confirm it. Think Sasquatch, Loch Ness Monster, Chupacabra, etc. Even if the field is considered a psuedoscience now, it's mostly based on records of folklore or eyewitness accounts, and even physical evidence if you're lucky. In other words, there's a real-world reason to think that a cryptid might exist as some undiscovered animal.

Nowadays on the web, "cryptid" seems to have become shorthand for "monster." I go on a mini-rant in my head about it every time I see a clearly photoshopped picture of some spooky, gangly monstrosity and someone calls it a "cryptid." There's no evidence that this creature might actually exist in real life, and the artist isn't trying to make you think it could, so it's not a cryptid! It's just a scary monster they made up, a complete work of fiction!
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#3 Posted: 00:59:35 05/12/2022
Deepweb/darkweb, you see people talking about red rooms and torture videos but 90% of content on the "deepweb" is pictures of grandmas dog on a geocities-esque site.

Agreed with the buzzwords thing, but with groomer, It now basically means 'any age gap that makes me uncomfy smilie'. Like I've seen people describe 20-30 somethings as being groomed?.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#4 Posted: 14:34:56 05/12/2022
Thank you (or no thank you) skylandersfan for reminding me how much I hate the word “uncomfy”. Maybe it’s association with the types of 14-year-olds who use it, or maybe it’s because it sounds like someone’s being mildly upset instead of whatever discomfort they’re feeling. It is not hard to say uncomfortable.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#5 Posted: 18:32:29 05/12/2022
"cringe"

"problematic"

"triggered"

mostly bc these words have been bastardized by the internet. especially "triggered". like thats a medical term that i cant use anymore bc people think im joking
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#6 Posted: 22:59:57 05/12/2022
^the internet tends to ruin everything for real especially when it comes to psychology terms

cringe
slammed
clap-back

and like any gen z/tik tok slang i have heard pretty much i know there’s more but those are like…………….UGH
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#7 Posted: 00:35:46 17/12/2022
I didn’t know that moist was such a common trigger word until today.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
#8 Posted: 01:11:18 17/12/2022
^funny enough that word did used to bother me noot because its annoying but like you said like a trigger word
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#9 Posted: 14:37:45 20/12/2022
Quote: YesterdayFemmey

omfg i remember when i was a teen people were obsessed with that and the word "crunchy"
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#10 Posted: 18:55:46 20/12/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: ThunderEgg

omfg i remember when i was a teen people were obsessed with that and the word "crunchy"

Tbh both words are kinda just memes. Like people don't actually get mad it's just the joke.
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#11 Posted: 19:29:15 20/12/2022
Quote: somePerson

Tbh both words are kinda just memes. Like people don't actually get mad it's just the joke.

Didn’t occur to you to consider how I learned about this? Had a conversation with a co worker, very much not a joke to her.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
#12 Posted: 20:50:21 20/12/2022
Quote: somePerson

Didn’t occur to you to consider how I learned about this? Had a conversation with a co worker, very much not a joke to her.

also if he didnt just skip over every time i post he would have seen that i literally just said i used to have a problem with the word too
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me