Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Worst popular animes
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#1 Posted: 06:26:01 22/11/2022 | Topic Creator
Idk how people watch seven deadly sins
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#2 Posted: 08:45:12 22/11/2022
Demon Slayer, or any (shounen it's always shounen) anime where they are constantly yelling and screeching about power levels and shouting WE CAN DO IT GUYS IF WE WORK HARD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Even as a kid I found a lot of shounens obnoxious for this reason. This is pretty low hanging fruit though.

Besides that it's hard for me to outright dislike something, I just find things mid and drop them. However, I absolutely hated Shinsekai Yori. I don't know if my brain was too small to understand it but I felt like things were happening and I just didn't care whatsoever. I would lose attention constantly and have to wind back and still not know what was happening. Most people describe it as a masterpiece, but I would rather watch 500 pretentious french films about the life of Indian bumblebees than another episode of Shinsekai Yori.

Holy **** I made it to 15 episodes because some people were like "it gets good at like episode 16!!!" before I just gave up and skimmed through the rest of it. It was all the same, it never got better. I could log onto Watpad right now, click on the first One Direction x Reader fanfiction I see and get better written characters than I would in this show. It's so obvious this show is trying to be artsy and unique, yet it lacks any substance to back it up. Shinsekai Yori is the anime equivalent of the Fitness Gram Pacer Test, it's not something you watch, it's something you endure. I think people say they like this anime solely to **** off on Myanimelist about how deep they are and how the normies just don't get it.
**** Shinsekai Yori.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#3 Posted: 19:27:18 22/11/2022 | Topic Creator
Yeah it's hard not to think shonen is cheesey because it was made for children. It's like making fun of power rangers. I've only seen one episode of demon slayer but I hear the anime is better because it has insane animation.

I heard that Shinsekai Yori is a lot of world building and then the ending is what explains it. But I wouldn't know cause I never watched it.
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#4 Posted: 20:09:21 22/11/2022
Quote: somePerson
Idk how people watch seven deadly sins

this. exactly this.

also can't stand one piece or fairy tail.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#5 Posted: 23:41:09 22/11/2022
^Ôh yeah Fairy Tail is a good example, 99% of fairy tail fans I encounter just talk about the girls lmao.
Quote: somePerson
Yeah it's hard not to think shonen is cheesey because it was made for children. It's like making fun of power rangers. I've only seen one episode of demon slayer but I hear the anime is better because it has insane animation.

I heard that Shinsekai Yori is a lot of world building and then the ending is what explains it. But I wouldn't know cause I never watched it.

True and the cheesiness can be fun, Dragon Ball Z is still very enjoyable, it's just hard to go back to Naruto lol. On reflection I think the "big 3" shonen just tend to be particularly bad, I shouldn't categorize a huge genre like that.
Demon Slayer is pretty much carried by its animation, the rest of it is kinda meh. It's not outright bad, it's just kinda bland. It feels a bit like a tech demo whenever I see it (which is a lot, my sister is obsessed with it).

That's pretty accurate, the problem is the worldbuilding while interesting is incredibly incohesive. Shinsekai Yori is completely reliant on it's ending, if you don't resonate with it you'll hate it, and since the story is very sci-fi novel-y in that the characters get zero development it's very easy to just not connect with it. I disliked every character and just felt nothing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:41:49 22/11/2022 by skylandersfan60
#6 Posted: 01:53:30 23/11/2022
Quote: skylandersfan60
^Ôh yeah Fairy Tail is a good example, 99% of fairy tail fans I encounter just talk about the girls lmao.

yep, and it's definitely not because they're such well-written characters—if that were the case i wouldn't mind at all. but granted, the male characters are also terrible.
---
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#7 Posted: 06:53:15 25/11/2022
any shonen anime pretty much dragon ball or bleach or one piece or fair tail or seven deadly sins and definitely also demon slayer anything in that vain they are literally only popular because they run on the popular magazine and they are boys manga so dont have the stigma of being a girls manga attached to them so they push them really hard no matter how low quality they are or copy paste they are it sold before so it will sell again if we try to sell it shonen anime is dumb
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
WAMBurt1984 Gold Sparx Gems: 2905
#8 Posted: 15:38:58 25/11/2022
Not fond of Attack of Titans, depressing to me and also annoying, main character turn against his own aillies.
---
British, Geek, Playstation player, Spyro & Sparx fan (Duo not shipping) & Rachet & Clark/Crash/Xbox hater.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#9 Posted: 21:42:00 07/12/2022
i get questions like this and then i immediately forget every single media that exists
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#10 Posted: 16:40:23 08/12/2022
Quote: WAMBurt1984
Not fond of Attack of Titans, depressing to me and also annoying

I have never seen a post so accurately describe how I feel about this anime. Couldn’t have said it better myself.
---
icedragon333 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6076
#11 Posted: 11:15:49 19/12/2022
SOA, MHA/BNHA, Black Clover, Naruto and that pirate one, etc.
To summarise, typical Shounen, usually released in 100+ episode runs, but not always.
---
No.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me