Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > get your randomly assigned kojiki chapter
Page 1 of 1
get your randomly assigned kojiki chapter
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#1 Posted: 00:57:59 17/11/2022 | Topic Creator
the kojiki is one of the sacred texts of shintoism.

post and i'll assign you a chapter.

(this is just for fun, like my bible verse topic)
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#2 Posted: 01:10:46 17/11/2022
i have very little background on this text but sure why now
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#3 Posted: 01:46:41 17/11/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: ThunderEgg
i have very little background on this text but sure why now

that's perfectly fine, this topic is just for lols

Quote:
[SECT. LXXXV.—EMPEROR KEI-KŌ (PART X.—YAMATO-TAKE SLAYS THE DEITY OF THE ASHIGARA PASS.)]
When, having thence penetrated on and subdued all the savage Yemishi 1 and likewise pacified all the savage Deities of the mountains and rivers, he was returning up [to the capital], he, on reaching the foot of the Ashigara Pass, 2 was eating his august provisions, when the Deity of the pass, transformed into a white deer, came and stood [before him]. Then forthwith, on his waiting 3 and striking [the deer] with a scrap of wild chive, 4 [the deer] was hit in the eye and struck dead. So, mounting to the top of the pass, he sighed three times and spoke, saying: "Adzuma ha ya!" 5 So that land is called by the name of Adzuma.
---
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2336
#4 Posted: 06:18:50 17/11/2022
please do
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#5 Posted: 14:32:58 17/11/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
please do

here ya go

Quote:
[SECT. CLXVII.—EMPEROR KEN-ZŌ (PART I.—THE OLD WOMAN OKI-ME).]
His Augustness Woke-no-ihasu-wake dwelt at the palace of Chika-tsu-Asuka, 1 and ruled the Empire for

p. 417

eight years. The Heavenly Sovereign wedded the Queen of Naniha, 2 daughter of the King of Ihaki. 3 He had no children. At the time when this Heavenly Sovereign was searching for the august bones of the King his father, King Ichinobe, 4 there came out from the land of Afumi [to the palace] a poor old woman, who said: "The place where the prince's august bones are buried is specially well known to me, 5 and moreover [his skeleton] can be known by his august teeth." (His august teeth were teeth uneven like a lily.) Then people were set 6 to dig the [334] ground and search for the august bones; and the bones having been forthwith obtained, an august mausoleum was made on the mountain east of the Moor of Kaya, 7 and they were interred, and the children of Kara-***uro 8 were made to guard the august mausoleum. Afterwards the august bones were brought up [to the Capital]. So having returned up [to the Capital, the Heavenly Sovereign] sent for the old woman, praised her for having, without forgetting, kept the place in mind, and conferred upon her the name of the Old Woman Oki-me: 9 thus did he send for her into the palace, and deign to treat her with deep and wide kindness. So he built a house for the old woman to dwell in dose to the palace, and always sent for her every day. So he hung a bell by the door of the great hall, and always rang it when he wished to call the old woman. So he composed an august Song. That Song said:

"Oh! the far-distant bell tinkles when she has past the moor with its low eulalias and the little valley. Oh! Oki-me must be coming!" 10
Hereupon the old woman said: "I am very aged, [335]

p. 418

and would fain depart to my native land." So when the Heavenly Sovereign let her depart according to her request, he saw her off and sang, saying:

"Ah Okime! Okime from Afumi! from to-morrow [onwards] wilt [thou] be hidden behind the deep mountains, and alas! not seen!" 11
---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#6 Posted: 01:01:28 18/11/2022
ooo cool white deer
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me